Author Topic: JTK Toxic  (Read 74042 times)

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
JTK Toxic
« on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:51:10 »
Any discussion or news pertaining to the JTK Toxic group buy on originative.co belongs here. Discuss away!

EDIT: Pic related:

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:13:11 by totallycaked »

Offline justinmtype

Re: JTK Toxic
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:31:57 »
One question.

Will this also take 3 years to ship like the CtrlALT Group Buy?

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 20:54:07 »
originative says "These sets have been delayed. They will ship early November 1, 2017."

We'll see if that holds up!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 21:14:00 »
originative says "These sets have been delayed. They will ship early November 1, 2017."

We'll see if that holds up!

Thanks for sharing out that info. Much appreciated.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 02:26:57 »
Soon (tm)!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 07:01:25 »
As it seems those of us who purchased this set from originative.co are no longer welcome in the Ctrlalt.io GB thread

OK good it wasn't just me getting that impression  :)) :)) :))

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 12:49:32 »
As it seems those of us who purchased this set from originative.co are no longer welcome in the Ctrlalt.io GB thread

Bunny just doesn't have any information on this buy.  This should have been done a while ago, but people incorrectly assumed that both were the same buy.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 22:49:09 »

Bunny just doesn't have any information on this buy.  This should have been done a while ago, but people incorrectly assumed that both were the same buy.

Op is just sad his set took 5 years to happen. Most of the people calling the bs are gb peeps from lriginative.co. Reguardless it is nice to see the same pics and offerings coming to us.. I Cant wait for this set!! and cant wait to use green cases for my artisans!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:07:27 »

Op is just sad his set took 5 years to happen. Most of the people calling the bs are gb peeps from lriginative.co. Reguardless it is nice to see the same pics and offerings coming to us.. I Cant wait for this set!! and cant wait to use green cases for my artisans!

That seems quite shortsighted.  Most people on the thread are CtrlAlt GB people in all honesty.  And the thread is for that, and as you said, predates the originative inclusion.  And he has no control over what Sherry does, and is just collaborating after keysets were stolen.  It makes sense for Originative to have its own buy thread, as it has for other buys.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:22:43 »

Because that groupbuy is about SP Toxic, not JTK Toxic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:26:11 by dgneo »

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:45:38 »

Fair enough, but there was no other source for that info until now.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:37:33 »

Well now it is for jtk toxic, sp is long gone in the wind.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:45:56 »

Great, looks like you're in the right topic then.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:48:45 »
We usually like to give updates on a set when we get an update. I guess we can just say there's no update at this time. There was also some issues with the manufacturer having some family issues, and I definitely don't feel very comfortable with sharing that information or want to use it as an excuse.

At that time, there was also the Moon Festival going on as well so there was a lot of other difficulties causing delays. The next update will be when the product has been shipped to us most likely.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:58:19 »

The point is, it was not and was never about this buy.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 04:43:06 »
The point is, it was not and was never about this buy.
It doesn't help clarify things when for example I asked about it and was told the other thread and Originative have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 08:50:38 »
JTK has been experiencing minor-medium delays, but appears like things have been moving recently. Photo studio was delayed two months but just shipped. BoW and PoW are in sorting and those sales weren't very long ago so I would expect toxic to be coming up in not too long.
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 08:52:58 »
JTK has been experiencing minor-medium delays, but appears like things have been moving recently. Photo studio was delayed two months but just shipped. BoW and PoW are in sorting and those sales weren't very long ago so I would expect toxic to be coming up in not too long.

Photo Studio turned out really well so hoping Toxic does too :D

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 19:53:03 »
Well here we are,  November is here and still not a word.. This set has been in (shipping status for months now) I am about to give up on this one. Its almost like an SA GB all over again..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 20:09:54 »
Well here we are,  November is here and still not a word.. This set has been in (shipping status for months now) I am about to give up on this one. Its almost like an SA GB all over again..

I know you shouldn't have to hunt around for simple updates, but it's ready to ship (to Oco).

http://www.kbdist.com/updates/2017/10/31/november-week-1-update

Offline Ouster

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 20:34:09 »
Two months is not a long time for a delay with group buys like this, you should always expect delays as the release schedule is a best case scenario prediction. Also there have been regular updates, I received a quick reply when I inquired about the shipment date as well. From the website and ctrlalt GB post it is shipping any day now.

Click-Clacked using Tapatalk

HHKB Hi-Pro Keycaps | Realforce Hi-Pro | KBD75 Zealios 65g | Realforce RGB

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:00:17 »
I know you shouldn't have to hunt around for simple updates, but it's ready to ship (to Oco).

This does nothing to reassure me.

"TOXIC is about done, and they are ready to ship"

Either it's done and it's ready to ship, or it's 'about' done and thus not ready to ship by definition. It can't be both.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:27:53 »
Ya'll some entitled mf'ers

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:33:27 »

welcome to the keyboard community
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Ouster

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 15:20:09 »
Yeah I never understand the impatience especially with small delays like this one. Group Buys are not for readily available already made products. They are being produced by, usually, a few or even one person. Delays are to be expected and I would rather wait for the product I paid for then have them rush something less than. I always have the attitude that these GB products are something that is worth the wait, I never plan on getting the item as soon as they predict.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:22:21 »

Yeah I never understand the impatience especially with small delays like this one. Group Buys are not for readily available already made products. They are being produced by, usually, a few or even one person. Delays are to be expected and I would rather wait for the product I paid for then have them rush something less than. I always have the attitude that these GB products are something that is worth the wait, I never plan on getting the item as soon as they predict.

Start - 6/9
End - 6/23
Send Payment - 6/30
Manufacturing + Sorting - 8/18
Ship to customers - 9/8

Entitled has nothing to do with it. 

This forum was barley made the 24th of October.. About 1.5 months after the ETA of this GB shipping date.  Prior to this the only info was only to be found on Bunnys page for A completely different GB (which was years in the making With even more issues) But same Buy just different sources So it had valid info.

To get all hasty about people wanting updates for dates that keep getting pushed back further and further , due to deaths, holidays, inconstancy in keys, lost keys, more holidays and so forth, Should be ok. NO one here is demanding the set right now, More or less just wanting an actual time frame, without more "almost" "about"

"shipping" Has been the status for over a month now.. SO has it been shipped to the supplier or not. IS it "about" done or not.  As a consumer being led around by the tail is not ok, Being told what is really going on is ok.. The perception of info being construed in a round about way is disheartening none the less. Then people want to talk **** for the simple questions being asked, like there is nothing wrong one bit. "it is to be expected' and that is the excuse so deal with it.

2 months and counting is more than a small delay considering the original time frame was only 3 months.  They have nearly doubled the ETA for this set. Like I originally said, We will be lucky to see this before years end. Which would be fine if suppliers and producers would actually relay that info rather than every week give a very modest update that it is "almost" ready "Shipping soon" 
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:28:17 by DillonHightower »

Offline Ouster

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 00:21:01 »

Start - 6/9
End - 6/23
Send Payment - 6/30
Ship to customers - 9/8

This forum was barley made the 24th of October.. About 1.5 months after the ETA of this GB shipping date.  Prior to this the only info was only to be found on Bunnys page for A completely different GB (which was years in the making With even more issues) But same Buy just different sources So it had valid info.

To get all hasty about people wanting updates for dates that keep getting pushed back further and further , due to deaths, holidays, inconstancy in keys, lost keys, more holidays and so forth, Should be ok. NO one here is demanding the set right now, More or less just wanting an actual time frame, without more "almost" "about"

"shipping" Has been the status for over a month now.. SO has it been shipped to the supplier or not. IS it "about" done or not.  As a consumer being led around by the tail is not ok, Being told what is really going on is ok.. The perception of info being construed in a round about way is disheartening none the less. Then people want to talk **** for the simple questions being asked, like there is nothing wrong one bit. "it is to be expected' and that is the excuse so deal with it.

2 months and counting is more than a small delay considering the original time frame was only 3 months.  They have nearly doubled the ETA for this set. Like I originally said, We will be lucky to see this before years end. Which would be fine if suppliers and producers would actually relay that info rather than every week give a very modest update that it is "almost" ready "Shipping soon"
They are relaying the information they are getting I am sure. If they could give detailed timeline they would, there's no reason they wouldn't. Almost every GB I have participated in has had some delay, some with zero information until the product was finally shipping. I am okay with this because I do my research and spend money with people who are trusted and have delivered before with no major disputes. If you don't want to wait and trust the GB runners then don't spend your money. Again it's all about attitude, these are products I don't need immediately and are worth the wait. So whenever they get to me is fine with me, I don't need updates step by step so I know the day they will ship. When I get a shipping notification then yay its coming.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:34:39 »

That's his site.  Where he's posted updates for a while now.  Sort of like KBDFans.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:06:53 »

Start - 6/9
End - 6/23
Send Payment - 6/30
Ship to customers - 9/8

They are relaying the information they are getting I am sure. If they could give detailed timeline they would, there's no reason they wouldn't. Almost every GB I have participated in has had some delay, some with zero information until the product was finally shipping. I am okay with this because I do my research and spend money with people who are trusted and have delivered before with no major disputes. If you don't want to wait and trust the GB runners then don't spend your money. Again it's all about attitude, these are products I don't need immediately and are worth the wait. So whenever they get to me is fine with me, I don't need updates step by step so I know the day they will ship. When I get a shipping notification then yay its coming.

im sorry but lets be real this is a community made of bunch of people and not all got nice attitude so yeah complaints and disaggrement are common lets not make a big deal of it. as for gb matters, well im a consumer if i bought something that means i want it. business is business, i spend my money and they promised a specific time line so yeah i will ask, ask and ask again until i got what i paid for. that simple.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:08:57 by gr4v3m4n »

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:11:20 »
Bunny just posted a few more pics of the completed set (for your viewing pleasure):

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:45:43 »
Hype! Thanks for sharing, looks even better than I had in mind.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 09:17:50 »
From http://www.kbdist.com/updates/

Toxic: These will be shipping to us now. There's a hiccup on our part with a transaction that we had to post to the factory.

It's best to check there, as that is where Originative posts their latest updates.

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:12:00 »
Bunny just posted a few more pics of the completed set (for your viewing pleasure):

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What keyboard is that? Nice bezel!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:35:53 »
^ Should probably ask in the other thread.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 15:56:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What keyboard is that? Nice bezel!

AFAIK those pictures were taken by JTK himself on his own personal board, not exactly sure if bunny even knows what keyboard that might be...

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 21:44:03 »

Going to die waiting for Toxic.. It has been in shipping for over 2 months now.. Jeezus

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 02:18:54 »
I completed my Paypal refund dispute on the 11th and looking at the death-by-a-thousand-missed-promises and still lacking communication I have no regrets.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 03:09:07 »
I completed my Paypal refund dispute on the 11th and looking at the death-by-a-thousand-missed-promises and still lacking communication I have no regrets.

did you try contacting the vendor and just asking for a refund directly? I just wondering.. while I agree that missing communication and all that is no excuse for a non refund. I am curious if you least did the curtsy to contact them about it how it was handled.

Offline Ouster

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 16:25:41 »
Your decision but there have been regular updates recently on originative and the keyset is about two weeks away.

I understand a PayPal refund dispute if this vendor and keyset had gone A-wall but there have just been delays, as is normal. Not nearly as delayed or noncommunication as many other group buys... Sounds like the main delay was from JTK for personal reasons and on the originative news blogs there have been more than enough updates as they received information. Also I've emailed their support twice and received a reply promptly that apologized and explained the situation.

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2017, 16:27:22 by Ouster »

Offline regionfree

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:24:26 »
Your decision but there have been regular updates recently on originative and the keyset is about two weeks away.

I understand a PayPal refund dispute if this vendor and keyset had gone A-wall but there have just been delays, as is normal. Not nearly as delayed or noncommunication as many other group buys... Sounds like the main delay was from JTK for personal reasons and on the originative news blogs there have been more than enough updates as they received information. Also I've emailed their support twice and received a reply promptly that apologized and explained the situation.

I agree that at times when the Originative blog is not updated, if you do reach out to them to inquire via email, they do respond. Having the patience to wait through delays in Group Buys isn't for everybody, though.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:36:32 »
For anyone on the Originative buy, there has been an update posted on the originative site:

http://www.kbdist.com/updates/2017/11/22/november-2017-thanksgiving-week

The JTK Toxic also had some slight complications with the shipping, and they should be here around 2 weeks.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 16:43:51 »
Okay then
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 December 2017, 00:38:21 by totallycaked »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 10:58:10 »
Web site is still accepting new orders and shows:

"These sets have been delayed. They will ship early November 1, 2017."

:/

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 11:44:29 »
Web site is still accepting new orders and shows:

"These sets have been delayed. They will ship early November 1, 2017."

:/

the update I just posted gives a timeline based on current situations.  I guess they didn't go update the sale page.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 07:49:23 »
I have given up waiting for this to be fulfilled and asked Originative for a refund.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 22:32:14 »
I have given up waiting for this to be fulfilled and asked Originative for a refund.

You should probably just stay away from group buys altogether in the future. As they go, this one hasn't taken very long.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline regionfree

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 01:37:56 »
You should probably just stay away from group buys altogether in the future. As they go, this one hasn't taken very long.

I realized that as well, although it's not the delay itself but the turnaround of comms that's getting to me. Other group buys I've joined also experienced delays, but the difference was whenever they release an updated shipping date, and when that's about to expire, they pre-empt queries with an update. I think that makes a great difference.

I have no problem with Originative's in-stock items, I've bought a lot from them. It's the quiet period with their group buys that I'm having problems with. It could also be because I recognize them as a legitimate business entity, not just as a community member doing GB's via good will.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 02:00:13 »

I realized that as well, although it's not the delay itself but the turnaround of comms that's getting to me. Other group buys I've joined also experienced delays, but the difference was whenever they release an updated shipping date, and when that's about to expire, they pre-empt queries with an update. I think that makes a great difference.

I have no problem with Originative's in-stock items, I've bought a lot from them. It's the quiet period with their group buys that I'm having problems with. It could also be because I recognize them as a legitimate business entity, not just as a community member doing GB's via good will.

I personally think your being a bit unfair! While I do 100% totally agree there communication at times straight up sucks. I do know that if you email them they are decent about responding back. Thats the thing for me is they will contact me back if I contact them. They won't allow me to be left hanging wondering whats going on. I mean thats what of the things I like about them. I do agree thought they need to update there communications better.

Offline Ouster

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 03:50:50 »

I personally think your being a bit unfair! While I do 100% totally agree there communication at times straight up sucks. I do know that if you email them they are decent about responding back. Thats the thing for me is they will contact me back if I contact them. They won't allow me to be left hanging wondering whats going on. I mean thats what of the things I like about them. I do agree thought they need to update there communications better.
I think they've updated as much as they've gotten new information. From what I was told via email the main delay was from JTK personal issues and shipping delays they can do nothing about.

I agree this GB hasn't taken very long especially compared to others and there has been much more communication than some I've been a part of before. The sets sound like they are arriving immenently, silly to me to ask for a refund at this point but that's just how I look at it. Any GB I don't pay attention to estimates of delivery, when it ships it ships.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 04:20:32 »
I think they've updated as much as they've gotten new information. From what I was told via email the main delay was from JTK personal issues and shipping delays they can do nothing about.

I agree this GB hasn't taken very long especially compared to others and there has been much more communication than some I've been a part of before. The sets sound like they are arriving immenently, silly to me to ask for a refund at this point but that's just how I look at it. Any GB I don't pay attention to estimates of delivery, when it ships it ships.

I really understand the delays caused by the suppliers. My issue is further delays are not being communicated via preemptive updates. Ideal would be if they say they'd have the items probably arrive in a week, it would be helpful to do a follow up post in a week to inform participants if any progress was made, preempting the queries. This is the thing that I like about massdrop. If drops are delayed when the estimated shipping date is near, they're communicated out.

The community-run group buy for Campine is another example. Alex communicates issues preemptively as well.

In the past few weeks, I tried reaching out to them via email, this GH forum, and their blog comment system. Only after I mailed in requests for cancellation of my close to $1000 worth pending orders with them did I get a response explaining the delays. The response and update was all I needed, and I think it's what everyone else who participated in those group buys need as well.