Author Topic: [GB] ALF x Scott - G60 Retro Multi-mount Dual-mode Keyboard (Pending Shipment)  (Read 133586 times)

Offline scottwei

Hello everyone, for the current situation with ALF manufacturing, G60 could be affected. To ensure your board will be satisfactorily delivered, I am considering options to either stay with ALF or change a manufacturer. Thank you for your patience, and I will make sure the boards will be fulfilled.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

Hello everyone, for the current situation with ALF manufacturing, G60 could be affected. To ensure your board will be satisfactorily delivered, I am considering options to either stay with ALF or change a manufacturer. Thank you for your patience, and I will make sure the boards will be fulfilled.

What exactly is the situation?

Offline fer.real

TL;DR ALF Made some counterfeit boards, got caught and quit;

Full version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/bj379j/newspls_be_cautious_to_trade_matrix_1012/
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/13742

There is also discussion on the ALF discord channel (now renamed KeyCommerce).

Offline laserbeamspewpew

TL;DR ALF Made some counterfeit boards, got caught and quit;

Full version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/bj379j/newspls_be_cautious_to_trade_matrix_1012/
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/13742

There is also discussion on the ALF discord channel (now renamed KeyCommerce).

Maybe MatrixLabs can make the G60 =)

Offline regionfree

i would like to withdraw from the GB. is it possible?

Offline laserbeamspewpew

If manufacturing hasn't started, can I order an extra brass plate?

Offline iliketimex

Based on the amount of drama related to Alf lately, please reply with a plan of action once things get sorted out, which is hopefully soon. For example, who is going to manufacture and a timeline. If a new manu is chosen, the whole prototyping stage has to occur again which is a huge delay. Sad.  :(

As an aside, really disappointing to have this happen - Alf is sitting on an order from 100 people and now the GB is in question.

Offline tanega

Latest new by Scott on discord:

ALF is still wiling to finish the G60, and he guarantee the manufacturing will start in 10 days. this is all up to us, if we're willing to change to a new factory, he will accept it.

Discord invite : https://discord.gg/aKEbPVX

Offline Lyle88

Based on the amount of drama related to Alf lately, please reply with a plan of action once things get sorted out, which is hopefully soon. For example, who is going to manufacture and a timeline. If a new manu is chosen, the whole prototyping stage has to occur again which is a huge delay. Sad.  :(

As an aside, really disappointing to have this happen - Alf is sitting on an order from 100 people and now the GB is in question.
As long as scottwei is confident that ALF can still deliver a quality product, I'm happy to stick with them. Not particularly keen to go through more waiting

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
I'm all for sticking with ALF for manufacture too.
I don't see anyone complaining about the quality of the products they produce regardless of the lineage of the design.

Offline scottwei

Hi, Everyone, G60 will continue to be manufatured by ALF. the delay might cause runing out of PayPal's 180 days buyer protection, I hope we can keep waiting until G60 is ready for ship. If this is not acceptable, I can give you a refund. Sorry but I can't process something like a re-invoice. Good luck with G60! :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hi, Everyone, G60 will continue to be manufatured by ALF. the delay might cause runing out of PayPal's 180 days buyer protection, I hope we can keep waiting until G60 is ready for ship. If this is not acceptable, I can give you a refund. Sorry but I can't process something like a re-invoice. Good luck with G60! :thumb:

Pls note that paypal’s new policy is that when refunds are issues, fees charged by PayPal are no longer refunded, not sure to seller or buyer, but either way this will need to be figured out.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
In case anyone is interested in reading the full PayPal policy update:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Offline anonymous

Anyone who ordered black w/o blockers and wants to cancel?

Offline befbef

Is it possible to cancel the order?
My preferences changed.
It has nothing to do with the ALF situation.
I have every confidence in Scott, he's doing great work and perfect communcation.

If cancellation isn't possible:
Anybody interested in a spot for a white hhkb with brass weight?

Offline scottwei

Yeah, Please contact me if you would like to cancel your order.

Offline tanega

Pls note that paypal’s new policy is that when refunds are issues, fees charged by PayPal are no longer refunded, not sure to seller or buyer, but either way this will need to be figured out.

The fees aren't refunded to the seller (no change for the buyer).

Offline equalunique

Since there is a delay in manufacturing, is it still possible to order a blue hhkb G60?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline mike873

I would also like to know.

Since there is a delay in manufacturing, is it still possible to order a blue hhkb G60?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
I’d also be interested in joining if possible!

Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline pan

• Massdrop
Hi, can we get an update on this GB? The link to the Discord chat no longer works.
RAMA U80-A Milk, Holy Panda, GMK9009

Waiting on:
G60 NCR

Offline AjsKnox

Hi, can we get an update on this GB? The link to the Discord chat no longer works.
https://discord.gg/dEvm7e

Offline Tyson

Were these keyboards ever made I'd love to get one of the WKL onces!

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..

GB has concluded, they are in the manufacturing fase atm  :cool:

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Me too these things are sick!

Offline andy74

GB has concluded, they are in the manufacturing fase atm  :cool:

Any plans for a second round?

Offline cronohack

Hi, is Scott responding to you guys lately? I'm trying to reach him but no reply.

Offline anfledd

I have not tried, but I have not heard anything either.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
Hi, is Scott responding to you guys lately? I'm trying to reach him but no reply.

Did you try write to him on Discord?

This should be the direct link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/TTcFDPM

Offline Lyle88

This should be the direct link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/TTcFDPM
My guess is he is quite busy. There have only been occasional updates in the discord channel. He did respond to my order for additional PCB quite quickly though

Offline cronohack

My guess is he is quite busy. There have only been occasional updates in the discord channel. He did respond to my order for additional PCB quite quickly though

I see, I'll try discord. It's my first time to join a GB and after paying the invoice I didn't get any response or updates on the order status in the g sheet. It's almost a week so I'm just a bit worried if this is normal. I guess he's pretty busy. Thanks!

Offline scottwei

Sorry guys, I was too busy to update on this post and the spreadsheet for a while. Here's the general progress of G60:

CNC: In progress, about 75% of the work done. 30 more WKL top cases being remake due to a CNC programming mistake.
Coating: Not Started yet.
PCB: On SMT progress.
Plate: All non-matel plates done.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [GB] ALF x Scott - G60 Retro Multi-mount Dual-mode Keyboard (In Production)
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 15:04:23 »
Any updates?

Offline KyleUK

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 03:11:53 »
Replying here as well on the situation with Alf. TLDR: He abandoned a live GB and left people without parts or boards, without any refunds. If you have any doubts get out of this GB as well.

So I'm not part of this group buy but I've only recently found out Alf is still manufacturing. I am part of the x1.1 group buy which is definitely not completed. People are still awaiting replacement parts and even someone who never received a board at all. After the drama about faking boards I assumed he wasn't manufacturing at all and I had to chalk this one up as a loss. But since he's still manufacturing there is absolutely no reason to abandon x1.1 and leave people hundreds of $ out of pocket.

The quality control on the brass parts for our boards was terrible they should never have shipped, plate and weight very scratched. And my board come silver when I ordered titanium grey. He promised replacement brass for everyone but barely anyone has received it. My case colour I never got a response on he was just adamant the lighting was different but I did direct comparisons with other people's boards and it it not even similar. The group buy started September something like that and was meant to run for 4-8 weeks, short GB but like 20 slots. It was march before anything started shipping. And when we realised stuff wasn't getting resolved it was well past the 6 month PayPal deadline for claims.

Whether I (or anyone else in the x1.1 GB) gets their order finally fulfilled is here nor there, what does concern me is that a well known manufacturer is able to operate like this and people are still running group buys through him. That should not happen until he's finished the other group buy or at least commited to sorting out the problems around other work.

Thanks

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:38:48 »
Can't wait for G60!

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 14:50:14 »
From the discord, CNC case machining is done.

scottweiToday at 4:24 AM
@AnsonH CNC works for the cases finished.

:D

Offline scottwei

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 13:15:59 »
Everyone,
G60 Cases just finished sandblasting and next is anodizing, and 4mm Plates' CNC in progress.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 11:14:11 »
Any updates?

Offline scottwei

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 10:10:30 »
Friends in this group buy please fill this form for shipping information collection and confirmation:
https://forms.gle/KbxVXpWdbFNh9Peo8

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
What are people's experiences with undervaluing?

Offline Lyle88

What are people's experiences with undervaluing?
I've never done it myself and I doubt Scott will. Having said that, there are hundreds of thousands of parcels going through customs every day so unless there's a ligit invoice attached I doubt they would know the real value of a custom keyboard

Offline tanega

I doubt Scott will.

Actually there is an option in the shipping form.
I would like to know if there is any dowside with it too.

Offline Lyle88

I doubt Scott will.

Actually there is an option in the shipping form.
I would like to know if there is any dowside with it too.
I just filled that out and am very surprised to see this. It seems odd because I think there is a risk involved for him right?

Offline befbef

If someone wants to back out last minute: I'd like to buy your spot

Offline gridds

Re: [GB] ALF x Scott - G60 Retro Multi-mount Dual-mode Keyboard (Pending Shipment)
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 13:15:48 »
Any update available?

Offline Lyle88

Re: [GB] ALF x Scott - G60 Retro Multi-mount Dual-mode Keyboard (Pending Shipment)
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 14:34:11 »
Any update available?
4 orders ready to send out (invoice numbers are in discord). Lots of cases sent back to ALF for various reasons (maybe anode?), Some cases and 4mm plates still waiting to be anode. It's slow going

Offline pixelpirate

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 18:27:13 »
If anyone is looking to backout or looking to sell, hit me up!

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 22:56:33 »
Where do I find my order number? For some of us, we don't know who specifically billed us for what board or overseas product. Can you tell me the PayPal address used to bill so I dont go through all of my PayPal invoices?

Offline anfledd

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 23:11:22 »
Mine has "Basic I/O Instruments"

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 18:19:01 »
Mine has "Basic I/O Instruments"

Huge THANK YOU. Saved me so much time, truly appreciate it.