Author Topic: [GB] Moon TKL v2  (Read 294186 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [GB] Moon TKL v2
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 13:42:53 »
Anyone from the US receive an invoice? I have sent a message but haven’t received a response or invoice

Offline Showyoright

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 18:21:47 »
Anyone from the US receive an invoice? I have sent a message but haven’t received a response or invoice

I'm in the US and haven't received an invoice yet either.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 18:29:05 »
Yea, I'm in the US and have gotten/paid the invoice. Probably just rollin' them out in batches when he gets time.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 18:42:53 »
Update on the remaining Moon TKLs:

Manufacturer has told us that Oko held back 40% of the payment and agreed to remit the remainder once they've shipped out Chinese & Singapore orders. Manufacturer finished shipping those, but Oko has not remitted payment yet. There is some pushback from the boss about releasing the remaining boards, so we're actively talking to them to see if we can get some sort of movement. Sorry for the wait, we only invoiced a few customers for shipping and won't be invoicing more til we can confirm the boards will be released.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline shansoft

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 00:53:45 »

Manufacturer has told us that Oko held back 40% of the payment and agreed to remit the remainder once they've shipped out Chinese & Singapore orders. Manufacturer finished shipping those, but Oko has not remitted payment yet. There is some pushback from the boss about releasing the remaining boards, so we're actively talking to them to see if we can get some sort of movement. Sorry for the wait, we only invoiced a few customers for shipping and won't be invoicing more til we can confirm the boards will be released.

Seems like Oko took the money and disappear isn't too far off to describe this situation....

So if each board is 650, and there are 200 of it, which I am sure the total number is less than that....
40% of 200 * 650 is 52k USD.... Honestly that not that much money to run off with....

Perhaps there are other reason?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #305 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 08:54:45 »

Seems like Oko took the money and disappear isn't too far off to describe this situation....

So if each board is 650, and there are 200 of it, which I am sure the total number is less than that....
40% of 200 * 650 is 52k USD.... Honestly that not that much money to run off with....

Perhaps there are other reason?

Gotta remember she's SG based so the conversion makes it a bit better for her. Seems like she went with fulfilling SG and China first as that made up 60% of the orders. Really feels bad for the rest of us. Short of paying for the board twice, not sure there is much that we can do. Definitely won't be doing that. Thanks for trying, Zeal.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 10:55:54 »
I don’t understand what that has to do with the participants. It was the GB runner that ran off, not participants. It doesn’t make sense to hold our boards hostage that we PAID for. Manu should figure out what they should do with OKO.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 10:59:58 »

As insanely frustrating as this GB has been, it's nice to get actual updates...Thanks, Zeal.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 11:07:19 »
I don’t understand what that has to do with the participants. It was the GB runner that ran off, not participants. It doesn’t make sense to hold our boards hostage that we PAID for. Manu should figure out what they should do with OKO.

The Manu doesn't have all of the money they are owed. We technically haven't paid for the boards as it stands right now. We gave our money to Oko with an understanding that she would pay them. She paid partially at the beginning and was supposed to pay the full amount after the completion of manufacturing. If they were to send out all of the boards, they would essentially be taking on the loss and giving away the only tangible thing that they could use to recoup their money with.

The only person to blame for this situation is Oko.

I really appreciate you making the effort Zeal, whatever comes of it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 February 2023, 11:12:44 by chillchuck »

Offline fireworm

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 13:05:32 »
It's possible that the manu is owed less than 40% of the actual MSRP.  Oko's profit is likely not zero on these things...

Possible other situation is that Oko ran out of money and literally could not pay the 40%, so she said 'Welp.  Mistakes were made.'

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 20:40:29 »

The Manu doesn't have all of the money they are owed. We technically haven't paid for the boards as it stands right now. We gave our money to Oko with an understanding that she would pay them. She paid partially at the beginning and was supposed to pay the full amount after the completion of manufacturing. If they were to send out all of the boards, they would essentially be taking on the loss and giving away the only tangible thing that they could use to recoup their money with.

The only person to blame for this situation is Oko.

I really appreciate you making the effort Zeal, whatever comes of it.

Amazing. Really amazing. And yes, thank you Zeal for being a godsend in this situation.

Offline hungtranm18

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 12 February 2023, 02:33:36 »
I still don't understand why some people get their moon and we don't ? Now how will Manu settle the contract with Oko? Will they liquidate our moon?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 12 February 2023, 13:20:34 »
Assuming the worst-case scenario and I need to buy my keyboard from the manufacturer how much am I looking at all-in?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 12 February 2023, 13:28:29 »
They want another 200$ a board so I can get mine, I'm game. I'm biased (r1 was the very first custom I ever held) but I still like em years later.

Offline Hern

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 15:55:16 »
They want another 200$ a board so I can get mine, I'm game. I'm biased (r1 was the very first custom I ever held) but I still like em years later.

At this point I wouldn't mind paying around that much too if that is what is required here...better than having paid around $750 a few years back for nothing.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 14:13:13 »
Dang, pretty good example of sunk cost fallacy here. Drop more $, or give up the $ already spent for good.

Offline floatingskull

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 23:07:33 »

At this point I wouldn't mind paying around that much too if that is what is required here...better than having paid around $750 a few years back for nothing.

I agree. I would imagine the manufacturer would be willing to settle for a lesser amount per board simply to get them out of their warehouse. If that number were reasonable, I'd do it. Thank you Zeal for all that you've done to try to find a solution. It is nice to have a better idea of what's going on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 February 2023, 00:14:03 by floatingskull »

Offline TennisBall

• "I just think they're neat." - Marge Simpson
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 02:10:56 »
Appreciate the update.  :-[

Offline Silverion77

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 11:36:23 »
Thanks for the update. Sad I missed a lot of this and kinda forgot about this GB. Friend and I both have a board so if there's progress great, else....meh. Whatever.
Subbing

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 12:26:27 »
Here's the link I believe you're looking for: https://www.scamalert.sg/resources/gotscammed

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:46:18 »
I just got the refund from Zeal for the shipping that I paid. So, I guess they couldn't come to a deal :/

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:53:47 »
Welp, same here. What a bummer, so we're all out like 6-700 bucks? F

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:55:48 »
Hi Everyone,

Despite our best efforts, the manufacturer has refused to communicate with us further and allow us to assist with getting out the remaining Moon TKL boards. We find it odd, since they originally were willing to help us get the kits out. The manufacturer claim someone in Europe is arranging to assist in fulfilling out the remaining boards, but did not provide a name. We've pushed and asked who/which vendor approached them, but did not receive a name or brand.

I have already refunded shipping in full for the limited participants that I've invoiced. Hopefully whoever is going to take over the fulfillment does come here and post, but I personally have my reservations.

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Rew23

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:59:10 »
Got my refund for the Zeal shipping. Thanks for trying! Guess back to square 1.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 17:01:09 »
Thanks for trying Zeal. Much appreciated. Damn.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 17:07:16 »
Damnit, we were so close. Some guy in europe about to flex on the community with a couple hundred Moons. Well this gives Oko another opportunity to do the right thing... right guys?  :'(

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 19:34:42 »
Thank you, Zeal!

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 04 March 2023, 02:58:36 »
Sadge. Still waiting for this board.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 04 March 2023, 11:25:40 »
Maybe Jae-3soteric is trying his hand at saving the day? I believe he was in on the buy along with us.

Offline Hern

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 04 March 2023, 15:58:02 »
Dang, thanks Zeal!
Back to all hope being lost and never getting this board :(

Offline defzone

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 10:39:44 »
Is there any news or updates regarding the moon tkl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 11:13:20 »
I guess just keep a lookout on any EU vendors selling in stock Moon TKLs lol

Offline defzone

« Reply #332 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 11:16:13 »
We've already paid the boards.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 11:14:12 »
We've already paid the boards.

We paid Oko for them, but she took the money. From the manu's point of view we didn't pay for squat.

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 11:53:49 »
Believe from the manufacturers side we paid for half. To keep the scam going, Oko shipped out a subset of boards, and from limited data, some were people local to her who actually had the ability to go through singapore's small claims court. I got two of my five this way. For the remainder, the manufacturer was never paid.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 12:03:29 »
If you don't mind me asking, how come you were able to get 2 of them? Did you use some proxies for part of your order?

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 13:13:10 »
If you don't mind me asking, how come you were able to get 2 of them? Did you use some proxies for part of your order?

Yes, paid for a proxy from Singapore after seeing that people from there were getting their boards but others werent. Got two, one with the wrong bottom. They're gorgeous, but probably not worth the 3800$ spent for 5 boards and proxying. I bought one spot from Chris of Prevail keys, wrote him to ask him to change the address but he never replied and denied I'd sent him anything publically, then admitted that he just didn't pay attention and hasnt responded when I asked for my money back. Other two the person followed through but no response.

Offline defzone

« Reply #337 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 13:16:51 »
Seems like manu is selling the boards we paid. I hope karma will get back to oko.

Offline eternalbuzz

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 23:17:13 »
Maybe Jae-3soteric is trying his hand at saving the day? I believe he was in on the buy along with us.

This might be our last bastion of hope

Offline Tyson

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 13:46:09 »
Seems like manu is selling the boards we paid. I hope karma will get back to oko.

Where are you getting this information from?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 15:23:43 »

Where are you getting this information from?

Pretty sure they're extrapolating based on what Zeal said. Which is a very real possibility. We don't know who the EU person is or what their intentions are. Someone attempting to purchase the boards for resale is as believable (honestly more realistic) as a benevolent individual coming to save the Group Buy.

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 15:58:33 »
>Pretty sure they're extrapolating based on what Zeal said

My impression too, but happy to hear otherwise.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #342 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 08:58:02 »
I feel sorry for asking this here, and really tried to find the info anywhere, but would anyone have the QMK file to flash the board or something to make it via compatible?

I tried to flash mine (somehow the flash button in QMK Toolbox was only clickable for a couple of seconds) with a hex file I created on QMK, which seems to have broken the PCB... I have tried resets, to no avail.

OG post also said it was VIA ready, but I cannot seem to find any VIA firmware and cannot seem to make it work in VIA. If anyone has had more success, I wouldn't mind a little help.

Again, sorry for posting here :(

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 23:17:04 »
Hey all, I made a reddit post summarizing this group buy and trying to see if I could drum up some traction or get some new eyes on it to jump start communication. Would appreciate an upvote for visibility. Feel free to tell me if I left anything important out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/129ogn3/howling_at_the_moon_tkl_v2_group_buy/

Offline shansoft

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 00:49:34 »
I guess we will never see this board ever get deliver at this point...

Bought 2 of these boards and just went down the toilet...

Offline singabore

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 11:43:04 »
Is there any way to get in contact with the manu?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 14:12:46 »
Is there any way to get in contact with the manu?

I think we tried that and it was a fail. Not even our boy Zeal had a hard time getting the boards

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #347 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 22:58:38 »
I feel sorry for asking this here, and really tried to find the info anywhere, but would anyone have the QMK file to flash the board or something to make it via compatible?

I tried to flash mine (somehow the flash button in QMK Toolbox was only clickable for a couple of seconds) with a hex file I created on QMK, which seems to have broken the PCB... I have tried resets, to no avail.

OG post also said it was VIA ready, but I cannot seem to find any VIA firmware and cannot seem to make it work in VIA. If anyone has had more success, I wouldn't mind a little help.

Again, sorry for posting here :(

me too. i really want to have a qmk and plate file for it

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 09:26:38 »
NE moon keyboards avail

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 15:05:44 »
NE moon keyboards avail
Sure, I'd be willing to sell you my spot!