Author Topic: Spreadsheet usage in classifieds  (Read 8535 times)

Offline zulios

Spreadsheet usage in classifieds
« on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:20:40 »
Hi,

I might soon want to start selling part of my items, and I feel that using a spreadsheet would benefit both the potential buyers (because it's easier to sort / search) and myself because it's easier to maintain.

Before doing that, I want to make sure that this is something that you guys are OK with. I don't recall seeing anything on this subject in the classified rules, so what is your advice about it ?

Tipro matrix - mx black

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Spreadsheet usage in classifieds
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:23:54 »
If you are complying with the classifieds rules (proof of ownership photos, listed price, etc), I see no reason to disallow this organization method. You will of course still need to have photos posted in the thread and some amount of information outside of the spreadsheet.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:27:48 »
If you are complying with the classifieds rules (proof of ownership photos, listed price, etc), I see no reason to disallow this organization method. You will of course still need to have photos posted in the thread and some amount of information outside of the spreadsheet.

Exactly this. I know Shadovved has used screenshots of an excel spreadsheet in his classifieds post for inventory tracking. If you want to link to a google doc, that would be fine.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 00:53:53 »
i've seen it done before

just don't break any rules and you'll probably be fine
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90