Author Topic: [IC] Magnetic Corne Case. Soundtest/Comparison and google survey  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Runningtarrens

HI all.

My Printer has a bit of down time atm. So i thought i might make a small GB for the Magnetic Corne Case.
Its a 3D Printed Case, that uses magnets instead of screws and standoffs. So you need less hardware to Build it and can open it without any tools

269901-0
269903-1

Scope of the GB would be the Case, magnetic tenting legs and Oled cover.
270438-2

Color options:

For the Case and the tenting legs: White, Matt Black(a bit less glossy), transparent, dark blue, grey, Neon Orange and glow in the dark.
Materiel will be PLA.
More
269905-3
269907-4
269909-5
269911-6
269913-7
269915-8
269917-9
some examples of the colors in finshed prints.
269919-10

For the Oled cover there is clear, smokey, frosted violet and frosted blue-ish. the last both distort the light from the oled, you wont be able to read whats on the oled.
The oled cover is customizable, you can get it engraved with the corn logo, that logo can also be colored and the cover can have a cut out so you can still read it when using the frosted colors.
All covers are made out of acryl and are 3mm thick, exept for the clear ones they are only 2mm.
examples:

More
269921-11
269923-12
269925-13
269927-14
269929-15

some pics of the tilting legs:

More
269931-16
269933-17

because its all seperated you could mix all the colors. one half black the other white or 4 different colors for the different parts.
color match the tenting legs or make them transparent so they glow in the color of the underglow LEDs.
the color for the engraving of the oled cover can also be chosen, like black, white, violet, blue etc.

price would be 75 Euro
amount: about 10ish
production time would be 1 or 2 month.

i would like some feedback. Is that something you want?

Link to the servey
https://forms.gle/dWDLi4J72pGCo9r88

Soundtest and Comparison

More
Soundtest

Sound comparison with the IMK Case
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 June 2021, 13:24:16 by Runningtarrens »

Offline finalarcadia

Re: [IC] Magnetic Corn Case
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 12:24:30 »
How do you magnetize corn and what is the benefit

Offline yotasan

• ARCANE - PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 12:33:14 »
Looks cool, I would buy it.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 12:33:55 »
Interested!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline Runningtarrens

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 13:27:46 »
How do you magnetize corn and what is the benefit

there are 20 magnets embedded into the case.  4 in each half to hold the halfs together and  +2 in each bottom for the magnetic tenting legs.
you dont need screws and standoffs to use this case. ist a bit cleaner because you dont see screws from the top or bottom(except the 2 for the oled cover).
And you dont need to unscrew ,if you need access to the pcb. with the magnetic case you can just open it in seconds without the need for tools, which was the original reason why i made this case.
Also it is a better print because ist doesnt need support while printing and you can mix and match the parts after your liking.

i attached some more pics/gifs

More
269970-0
269972-1

here you can see the magnets in the case:

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 June 2021, 14:38:16 by Runningtarrens »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 13:39:59 »
i dont see any corn

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 14:15:59 »
So it is like an integrated plate with the top case, and that will fit into the bottom case with the help of the magnets. Cool design. i will  look into it more
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Runningtarrens

Re: [IC] Magnetic Corne Case. Soundtest/Comparison and google survey
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 13:28:20 »
HI all.

My Printer has a bit of down time atm. So i thought i might make a small GB for the Magnetic Corne Case.
Its a 3D Printed Case, that uses magnets instead of screws and standoffs. So you need less hardware to Build it and can open it without any tools

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Scope of the GB would be the Case, magnetic tenting legs and Oled cover.
(Attachment Link)

Color options:

For the Case and the tenting legs: White, Matt Black(a bit less glossy), transparent, dark blue, grey, Neon Orange and glow in the dark.
Materiel will be PLA.
More

For the Oled cover there is clear, smokey, frosted violet and frosted blue-ish. the last both distort the light from the oled, you wont be able to read whats on the oled.
The oled cover is customizable, you can get it engraved with the corn logo, that logo can also be colored and the cover can have a cut out so you can still read it when using the frosted colors.
All covers are made out of acryl and are 3mm thick, exept for the clear ones they are only 2mm.
examples:

More

some pics of the tilting legs:

More

because its all seperated you could mix all the colors. one half black the other white or 4 different colors for the different parts.
color match the tenting legs or make them transparent so they glow in the color of the underglow LEDs.
the color for the engraving of the oled cover can also be chosen, like black, white, violet, blue etc.

price would be 75 Euro
amount: about 10ish
production time would be 1 or 2 month.

i would like some feedback. Is that something you want?

Link to the servey
https://forms.gle/dWDLi4J72pGCo9r88

Soundtest and Comparison

More
Soundtest

Sound comparison with the IMK Case

i added a pic of the kit. a soundtest and a  sound comparison with the IMK case.
also i added a survey so please fill that out if you want help me  :thumb: