Author Topic: GON's KeyboardWorks - Questions and Answers  (Read 400828 times)

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #700 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 05:37:02 »
I don't want to bother GON with this questions so i ask here :)

GON sends invoice inside the package? The package is identified with his website logo?
I ask this because of customs  ;D

My package was sent as "gift" with an indicated value under 10$.

No logo / no invoice.

EDIT : Therefore, I had no trouble with customs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 05:39:34 by Lpwl »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #701 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 08:02:06 »
Any of you had issues with a layer locking in?
I haven't binded the layer locking fonction at all. But sometimes the Fn2 layer locks (I have yet to found what combination of keys does it).
And since my Esc is power off in Fn2 it can be quite annoying u_u

Nerd60 if that matter.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline yobinad

« Reply #702 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 08:07:02 »
I don't want to bother GON with this questions so i ask here :)

GON sends invoice inside the package? The package is identified with his website logo?
I ask this because of customs  ;D

My package was sent as "gift" with an indicated value under 10$.

No logo / no invoice.

EDIT : Therefore, I had no trouble with customs.

Thanks  :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 09:39:35 »
Has anyone that has ordered a fully assembled board either in dec 2014 or after received there board yet . I'm just trying to gauge how backed up he is. ?
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 11:03:14 »
Has anyone that has ordered a fully assembled board either in dec 2014 or after received there board yet . I'm just trying to gauge how backed up he is. ?

I ordered all the parts for an HHKB in early Feb and as far as I know nothing has been made yet.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #705 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 11:16:47 »

I ordered all the parts for an HHKB in early Feb and as far as I know nothing has been made yet.
I guess there was an issue with one of his suppliers backing things up that required aluminum (so I heard) but I guess that has been rectified. I've been told a couple weeks so I'm not going to get my hopes up because I know he is way backed up and is not happy with the situation. My stance is hope for the best and expect the worst. From what I have heard people who have just ordered kits have been getting there orders much sooner than people who ordered boards with assembly . Either way folks good luck and I hope I get to see pics of yours soon Joey  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 20:26:27 »

I believe those who was part of his DTA GB is receiving/received theirs already, although I believe those are like DIY kits.
I received mine like a week or two ago and order was made in December iinm.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 21:03:56 »

I believe those who was part of his DTA GB is receiving/received theirs already, although I believe those are like DIY kits.
was yours a complete? Pichu23

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #708 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 21:20:00 »

was yours a complete? Pichu23

Nope, I got mine as a kit so I'll do the soldering on my own.  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #709 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:26:34 »
I haven't binded the layer locking fonction at all. But sometimes the Fn2 layer locks (I have yet to found what combination of keys does it).

Nerd60 if that matter.
I think by default Fn2 is a double tap locking layer so you have to uncheck it in the NerDy GUI, to deactivate it you just have to double tap it again.
When I have some time I will double check this on one of my boards, need a windows for that :(
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 10:58:55 »

Nerd60 if that matter.
I think by default Fn2 is a double tap locking layer so you have to uncheck it in the NerDy GUI, to deactivate it you just have to double tap it again.
When I have some time I will double check this on one of my boards, need a windows for that :(
Could not find it on the Nerdy Gui, where should I look?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ceflame

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 16:16:37 »

Nerd60 if that matter.

You should be using Fn1 NoLock or Fn2 NoLock if you don't want it to lock into the layer.

Double tapping Fn1 or Fn2 will lock into the layer.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 16:21:15 »

Nerd60 if that matter.

You should be using Fn1 NoLock or Fn2 NoLock if you don't want it to lock into the layer.

Double tapping Fn1 or Fn2 will lock into the layer.
oh thanks for the precision.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #713 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:03:09 »
Are the long shipping times only for pre-built keybaords, or also for DIY kits? I would like to order a MobiK with Bluetooth DIY kit :)
... ...

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #714 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:08:59 »
Are the long shipping times only for pre-built keybaords, or also for DIY kits? I would like to order a MobiK with Bluetooth DIY kit :)

I think shipping is not long, it's the preparation. AFAIK DIY kits are much faster especially if he has the stuff on hand already. Adding any assembly option probably at least doubles wait time. E.g. I ordered a kit Apr. 17, but requested SMD soldering and switch tuning and status has not budged beyond payment received.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #715 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:27:31 »

I think shipping is not long, it's the preparation. AFAIK DIY kits are much faster especially if he has the stuff on hand already. Adding any assembly option probably at least doubles wait time. E.g. I ordered a kit Apr. 17, but requested SMD soldering and switch tuning and status has not budged beyond payment received.

In the same boat. Ordered a 60% kit on 4/16 but added lubed/stickered switches. Stuck on Payment Received.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline rand

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:38:16 »
I got a shipping notification today for my order placed on 03/07/15 which consists of parts for a Nerd 60 including a universal 60% plate. So GON is still alive and shipping out orders  ;D

Sad... I ordered a Nerd 60 Crystal kit in February and I haven't gotten my shipping notification yet.  Been sending an email and tried adding him on Skype around once a month.  Still no contact.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #717 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:50:39 »
I got a shipping notification today for my order placed on 03/07/15 which consists of parts for a Nerd 60 including a universal 60% plate. So GON is still alive and shipping out orders  ;D

Sad... I ordered a Nerd 60 Crystal kit in February and I haven't gotten my shipping notification yet.  Been sending an email and tried adding him on Skype around once a month.  Still no contact.

The word on the grapevine is he is doing CTRL ALT GH60 GB stuff, also manufacturer delays means he's got a big backlog. He's also one guy.

As for the contact woes, there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread for reaching him. Timing and persistence is key.

Offline rand

« Reply #718 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 14:05:24 »

The word on the grapevine is he is doing CTRL ALT GH60 GB stuff, also manufacturer delays means he's got a big backlog. He's also one guy.

As for the contact woes, there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread for reaching him. Timing and persistence is key.
Yeah. I don't mind waiting long at all since I understand he's only one guy. At this point if he said it'd be an extra 2 or 3 months I wouldn't mind as long as I know what the timeline is.

Offline mattycee

« Reply #719 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 16:17:43 »
current timeline for orders are 6-8 months.
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #720 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 16:53:49 »

as in fully assembled, or DIY kits as well?  :eek:

Offline faceyourfaces

« Reply #721 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 16:55:26 »

I can only hope that I'll get my board by the time I hit the 8 month mark. I don't think contacting him every two months is that unreasonable, although I haven't been able to regardless. How often do people get responses using the contact form on his website?

Offline ceflame

« Reply #722 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 02:16:54 »

I can only hope that I'll get my board by the time I hit the 8 month mark. I don't think contacting him every two months is that unreasonable, although I haven't been able to regardless. How often do people get responses using the contact form on his website?

It's pretty hit or miss using his contact form or leaving him messages.

If you want a sure way of contacting him, call him on Skype.

Offline eosph

« Reply #723 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 05:46:17 »
I've been unable to contact Gon on Skype or the site, is everything ok?

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #724 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 06:00:51 »
When do you call?

Offline eosph

« Reply #725 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 06:04:41 »
When do you call?

He's not accepted my contact request on skype yet.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 12:59:15 »
GON's keyboards are definitely great... but is there any risk in buying from him?

I'm all for waiting 6-12 months for a quality products... but it seems like spending $300-$500 for goods and not hearing from him at all is a little scary  :eek:

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #727 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:39:19 »
GON's keyboards are definitely great... but is there any risk in buying from him?

I'm all for waiting 6-12 months for a quality products... but it seems like spending $300-$500 for goods and not hearing from him at all is a little scary  :eek:
I just received my order a couple of days ago. Granted it was only parts but he's definitely not a scammer, just really overwhelmed with orders right now.
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #728 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:45:41 »

I just received my order a couple of days ago. Granted it was only parts but he's definitely not a scammer, just really overwhelmed with orders right now.

How long ago did you place the order?

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #729 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:47:34 »

I placed the order on March 7th and received a shipping notification a little over a week ago.
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #730 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:51:18 »
Ordered my 2014 special edition nerd tkl at December It is now may and got an update from him at April sayingsaying he will ship soon it has been a month since that last update

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #731 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:56:07 »

I placed the order on March 7th and received a shipping notification a little over a week ago.

thanks for reply :) were they all stock parts or did you request some tuning/soldering along with it?

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #732 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:08:12 »

thanks for reply :) were they all stock parts or did you request some tuning/soldering along with it?
The only part that was custom was a sky blue full glare universal 60% plate. The rest was just parts to put together a NerD 60 PCB.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #733 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:08:37 »
Ordered my 2014 special edition nerd tkl at December It is now may and got an update from him at April sayingsaying he will ship soon it has been a month since that last update

Did you order a case with it?
So far me and evo_spec received ours but both of us ordered the acrylic case.
i think yobinad just received his with the crystal case.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #734 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:19:27 »
Ordered it with the nerd crystal, switch stickers, stabs, and switches, smd leds

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #735 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:40:21 »
Ordered it with the nerd crystal, switch stickers, stabs, and switches, smd leds

Did you request for assembly as well? Cause that might be the reason.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #736 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:46:54 »
The 2014 special comes with resisters and smd pre soldered. But several peeps already got theirs and to answer your question, no I did not request it to be assembled.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #737 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 15:00:38 »
The 2014 special comes with resisters and smd pre soldered. But several peeps already got theirs and to answer your question, no I did not request it to be assembled.

Ah alright, hope you'll receive yours soon!  :)

Offline evera

« Reply #738 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 15:52:28 »
I was using the nerd gui config tool and there are only two fn layers

does anyone know if its possible to get more fn layers?

Offline eosph

« Reply #739 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 05:21:21 »
fwiw just got notification that my order is being prepared.

I've also ordered from GON before and got the stuff so I know he's legit.

Offline limster

« Reply #740 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 07:10:55 »
fwiw just got notification that my order is being prepared.

My order (from late Feb) as well.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #741 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 07:43:00 »
i orderd in early november got my parts in later march.

Gotta chill dudes. Its worth it. (writing on my gon =))

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #742 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:12:49 »
This thread is getting kinda out of hand because I've seen several people scared to order from GON which is/will hurt his business.

You know, I really get what you guys are worried about especially with guys like kin25 keeping his thread updated but GON isn't kin25 but GON also goes back further with this community and AFAIK has not failed to deliver an order.
I get that you have 100's of dollars on your order but if you're part of this community you should have had an idea about all of this before hand yet you still order and just got all impatient anyways.

Just relax people, he not a scammer, you'll get your order eventually.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #743 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:21:58 »
This thread is getting kinda out of hand because I've seen several people scared to order from GON which is/will hurt his business.

You know, I really get what you guys are worried about especially with guys like kin25 keeping his thread updated but GON isn't kin25 but GON also goes back further with this community and AFAIK has not failed to deliver an order.
I get that you have 100's of dollars on your order but if you're part of this community you should have had an idea about all of this before hand yet you still order and just got all impatient anyways.

I don't fear that he'll fail to deliver an order, but I want to be prepared and know what to expect when ordering from him. A little update post would be nice though. I think this would save him from a lot of PMs, Skype messages, emails, etc. from customers who don't know what's going on.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #744 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:22:51 »

not worried at all on my end, i'm just an impatient bastard and like the therapeutic aspect of knowing others share my pain.  :D  it also helps to get a rough timeline of when i can expect things.

GON is one of the only guys I'd trust paying by gift without question and I've talked to him multiple times on Skype. super cool guy.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #745 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:31:31 »
I ordered twice from GON, every time I got my stuff, sometimes it took longer, but it's something to expect. Each order is custom made, in the end you get an unique board. This requires a huge amount of work, I would rather let him do his work because I know I will get my perfect keyboard in the end.
What everybody should understand is that if you are in hurry this is not the place to place an order, this is the place where you order your perfect keyboard, something that, after you played with tons of switches and boards, will be you end game keyboard.
The fact that GON has a website is a little bit confusing because people tend to think it's like Amazon, but it's not like that.

If you are impatient and concerned, this is something natural when you trust someone with $$$ then you go the extra mile and contact him on Skype or give him a phone call. Posting here will do no good, because he is busy working on your boards  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #746 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:36:44 »
I think it'll get better now, since it seems like he sent out the [ctrl]alt 60 parts.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:28:07 »
just got a shipping notice from GON for an order parts placed on april 16 (universal plate, tuned switches, stabs, nerd60 pcb). it seems he has more time now that the ctrlalt order's done!
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #748 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:02:03 »
just got a shipping notice from GON for an order parts placed on april 16 (universal plate, tuned switches, stabs, nerd60 pcb). it seems he has more time now that the ctrlalt order's done!
That's bull**** seem, ordered mine in December and just only just recent had thethe order status changed to order processing

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #749 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 13:54:56 »
That's bull**** seem, ordered mine in December and just only just recent had thethe order status changed to order processing

sorry to hear man. was it just parts or an assembled keyboard?