Author Topic: [HELP] Need your input regarding a TKl + Numpad Design  (Read 1056 times)

Offline derzemel

[HELP] Need your input regarding a TKl + Numpad Design
« on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 13:55:17 »
Hello,

For sometime I have been working on an aluminium TKL design here is the topic with the first edition of it)

I made a new topic now because I modified it extensively to fit the Winkeyless B.87R X2 PCB and the Winkeyless B.Pad PCB

I would like to ask for your assistance regarding this design. Can you take a look at the CAD files and the images bellow and tell me if you spot any issues?

The SolidWorks cad files can be found here.
I have saved the files in multiple formats (.STL, .STEP, .SLDPRT, .SLDASM) to try and cover any compatibility issues.

And now some images:

I initially made a version with a thicker bottom border (I like the look of the Kul ES87):

I then decided that a thinner border would look better:

As a design I would have really liked something like the KMAC mini with a small numpad (this one: http://22kbd.com/154). Sadly, KMAC mini compatible PCBs are nonexistent, so i went with the next favourite design, a TKL.

In case you are wondering why the big connector hole, most USB mini male connectors I have seen are set in a 10/8 mm plastic case (the hole is 11/9 mm).

The dropbox files are for the normal border version. I also changed some small mistakes I have made on the thick border design.

I am planning to  ask the Winkeyless team for input, but first I would like the community's opinion. I do not want the Winkeyless guys to think I am making fun of them with a design full of mistakes.

Thank you!

Derzemel
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 13:58:27 by derzemel »