Author Topic: AIC KNS starting at $25 + Shipping  (Read 1433 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
AIC KNS starting at $25 + Shipping
« on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:25:02 »
It should have White Alps.  It could be a fun little project for someone.  Swap out the internals for newer computer parts and you could have a fun little keyboard computer.  Get really creative and remove the numpad and swap in a touchpad and all you need is a monitor to hook it up to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AIC-KNS-Keyboard-Network-Station-Computer-80486-PC-IN-A-KEYBOARD-/231376276921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35df19cdb9

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: AIC KNS starting at $25 + Shipping
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 11:42:03 »
Cannibalizing that would be terrible. It would be an awesome DOS machine for retro games, just plug in a CRT and serial mouse and you're good for MAX nostalgia.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 11:53:59 »
Cannibalizing that would be terrible. It would be an awesome DOS machine for retro games, just plug in a CRT and serial mouse and you're good for MAX nostalgia.
Would putting a pico itx system in it be considered cannibalizing it?  Looks big enough for that and a couple 2.5" drives.  Ultimate portable, just plug it in to a tv via hdmi and good to go.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 11:57:15 »
HA! That's really cool! I'd rock it like Ivan suggested.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:07:34 »
You could fit smaller SBC in loads of different keyboards. Lots of them have plenty of room in the case body. You could cut just the couple holes in the case needed for a modern hardware which would be a LOT cleaner looking that trying to adapt this.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:08:29 »
Personally, I'd still be offended, Badwrench.  Look at it!  It has a real expansion slot, most likely ISA!  That's awesome in and of itself.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:32:55 »
Personally, I'd still be offended, Badwrench.  Look at it!  It has a real expansion slot, most likely ISA!  That's awesome in and of itself.
No worries, just curious.  I have no room for more stuff/projects and I wouldnt willingly destroy a working classic pc.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2