Author Topic: [IC] DSA Seafoam (Kits Added)  (Read 20722 times)

Offline Jmeferlater

Re: [IC] DSA Seafoam (Kits Added)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 14:26:53 »
So I might be messing with this too much, but I decided to revisit an older suggestion and used a darker blue for the mods/alpha legends.
Here's what it looks like:

I think this looks good too, and it does improve readability, but I still think the theme is kinda lost here.
Let me know what you guys think.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:22:14 »
I like the original mock up better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:26:09 »
I like the original mock up better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think I'll be sticking with the original

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 08:03:27 »
I personally prefer the base kit's colors over any of the alternative colors. The mint and blue alternative colors with white legends will probably not be legible enough. I saw in the /r/mk IC there was an updated render of those color packs with grey legends:

On their own, they don't really appeal to me personally, but they may look better with the rest of the kit in a render.

Interested in base/numpad for now!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 12:14:22 »
I think its going to be quite reliant on the real life color combination... if either of those two accent colors are too far from pastel its not going to look good. That being said, if it comes out like the original render, its going to be beautiful.  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 19:29:59 »
I sent an email to SP today asking about the color combinations I've used and their readability.
I should hopefully get a reply soon, and if all is good then I'll revisit novelties next and then do whatever I can to try and get this to the buy phase.

However, if SP warns me against the current colors then I'll either change the colors to have more contrast, or, sadly, abandon the set and move on to another idea I have.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 12:09:03 »
I just posted an update on Reddit with more renders and novelties, which you can check out here:
More
if you want to see the full thing/contribute to any discussions over there.
I'll post the most relevant points below, though.

The more I look at the color packs, I'm starting to like the Pink and Orange less and less and will probably end up just using the Cyan and Mint, unless a lot of people say otherwise. So feel free to let me know what you think, positives and/or negatives.

As for the novelties, they're basically just traces of various relevant cliparts that I found, which is completely unimpressive, I know. Because of that, they aren't really something that I'm proud of. However, some of them look pretty good and fit the set well, so maybe it would just be better to include them anyways. Please let me know what you think, I haven't run these by anyone so idk how others feel about them.

As for the colors in general, I am leaning towards ordering samples from SP for each color combo so that I can get a real understanding of how the colors look. However, I want to wait to do this until I know that there is a vendor who would sell the set, given that the colors are all good.

For reference, check this imgur album for pictures of the renders and novelties: http://imgur.com/a/w1iXi

Offline tlarose

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 19:22:42 »
This set is my favorite, personally.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 22:57:32 »
love the orange and green in these renders

http://imgur.com/a/w1iXi

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:42:27 »
this set dead?

Offline sinetwo

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 17:55:17 »
Have you thought of going XDA? It'll be cheaper and quicker, as SP seems to have an enormous backlog

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 21:46:56 »
Can XDA do doubleshot?  I recall dyesub sets so far.  Might just go MaxKeys SA or GMK as potential alternatives if they can match the colors.

Offline sinetwo

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 04:13:39 »
Yeah maxkeys could probably do this...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 10:45:07 »
Sooo.... to necro this thread now.  I see that this kit is going to be available for purchase on PMK starting December 20th?