Author Topic: Why Cabbage so OP  (Read 4858 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Why Cabbage so OP
« on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 20:15:58 »
Found a cabbage , it's been in the back of the fridge, not frozen, at least 6 months, Still good, no discoloration.

Meanwhile, banana does that ~Thing~ in as little as 3 days.

Offline yui

Re: Why Cabbage so OP
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 03:57:45 »
Found a cabbage , it's been in the back of the fridge, not frozen, at least 6 months, Still good, no discoloration.

Meanwhile, banana does that ~Thing~ in as little as 3 days.

Show Image

never put bananas in the fridge, they last a few weeks outside, a few days inside
and how do you keep cabbage that long? mines keep on disapearing in about a week :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 04:00:01 »
Cabbage is one of the most disgusting and pointless things in the universe, even for a vegetable.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline yui

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 04:06:26 »
Cabbage is one of the most disgusting and pointless things in the universe, even for a vegetable.
have you ever tried it raw with some apple cider vinegar on top? best dish ever :) or slowly cooked to high levels of caramelization with onions and lard?
cooked cabbage taste of pretty much nothing, what you add to it is what makes it good, well to my taste of someone who grew up in a cabbage producing region :)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 05:47:00 »
have you ever tried it raw with some apple cider vinegar on top? best dish ever :) or slowly cooked to high levels of caramelization with onions and lard?
cooked cabbage taste of pretty much nothing, what you add to it is what makes it good, well to my taste of someone who grew up in a cabbage producing region :)
Cabbage tastes like poop, which is why is smells like farts when you cook it :p . Raw veg is the food that my food eats xD .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 08:28:55 »
Cabbage itself is not particularly inspiring, and store-bought sauerkraut is really nasty, but real naturally-fermented vegetables are amazingly interesting and healthy.

https://www.wildfermentation.com/making-sauerkraut-2/

PS - remember that tap water is usually chlorinated to kill bad organisms, but it will kill the good ones too, so use proper non-chlorinated water in your ferments,
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline grayboards

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 10:51:50 »

agreed

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 11:34:17 »
Cabbage is boring when you make it boring, its ok if you pickle it or put it in the right soup

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 14:05:22 »
I make Kansai-style okonomiyaki now and then. It's a comfort food... but that might be mostly from the mayo and okonomi-sauce topping (or whatever you like - which is what "okonomi" means)

I make mine simpler than in the recipe below, and vegetarian:
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 05:25:04 by Findecanor »

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 14:29:34 »
Some people don't love kimchi ?

*perplexed face*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 14:37:50 »
Seems gekha is pretty polarized on Cabbage..

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 14:49:55 »
cabbage is an important topic

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 14:58:25 »
cabbage makes me fart

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 20:49:19 »

Some people don't love kimchi ?

Many people don't like "strong" flavors.

Now that I make my own, I don't like "store-bought" nearly as much. I use many more types of vegetables and less red pepper. Korean "purists" might say that it is not "proper" ....

"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 15:51:44 »
hello Mr Fohat, I enjoyed reading your profile statement

I enjoy traditional Irish boiled cabbage with ham.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 00:45:17 »
hello Mr Fohat, I enjoyed reading your profile statement

I enjoy traditional Irish boiled cabbage with ham.

I too enjoy such things tree

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 08:36:22 »

I enjoyed reading your profile statement

David Brooks is a brilliant conservative columnist, and he is always worth reading even when I don't agree with him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brooks_(commentator)

TL;DR  Alex Pareene commented that Brooks "has been trying for so long to imagine a sensible Republican Party into existence that he can't still think it's going to happen soon."
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 07:24:04 »
Cabbage is very popular in polish cuisine.
I bet if guys tried some of the recipies, you would love it.
I noticed that it is also popular ingriadient in all japanese or chinese cuisines. I love those too, so I'm in for a cabbage :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 09:20:47 »

okonomiyaki
It's a comfort food

That looks awesome!
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 11:03:59 »
I noticed that it is also popular ingriadient in all japanese or chinese cuisines. I love those too, so I'm in for a cabbage :D
I hated going over Polish relatives homes while they were cooking cabbage, the entire house would stink.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 12:58:52 »
I hated going over Polish relatives homes while they were cooking cabbage, the entire house would stink.

There is no way to do cabbage right, it's revolting in every way, shape or form.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 22:01:32 »

There is no way to do cabbage right, it's revolting in every way, shape or form.

Once confronted with an alternative perspective, one often contrasts their original finding with the new discovery. There is a certain aspect of cabbage that your brain does not cater to. You must find a substitute form of food preparation. Anything can taste good when paired with the right additions.

Offline phinix

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 02:56:27 »

Its not for everyone, but smell isn't that bad, when cooked in specific way its delicious.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:05:59 »

Once confronted with an alternative perspective, one often contrasts their original finding with the new discovery. There is a certain aspect of cabbage that your brain does not cater to. You must find a substitute form of food preparation. Anything can taste good when paired with the right additions.
Why dilute your meat with poop leaves when you can have just the meat? :p

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:11:24 »

you can have just the meat?

Certain troll bait for TP4
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:13:18 »

Poop leaves in this case happen to be good for you! LOL and I still disagree on the taste : )

Offline phinix

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 01:21:56 »

Poop leaves in this case happen to be good for you! LOL and I still disagree on the taste : )

Yeah, as I mentioned, there are many great recipies for cabbage, it tastes delicious. :thumb:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 03:09:01 »

Why are things good for you? Because they contain nutrients you don't get in abundance.

Why don't you get them in abundance? Because you don't eat a lot of it.

Why don't you eat a lot of it? Because it's disgusting.

A=B=C healthy things are disgusting QED

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:06:49 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline yui

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:30:21 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline udller

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 18:38:30 »
cabbage is fine in small amounts, like in a slaw on a really nice pulled bbq pork burger.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 15:04:59 »
cabbage is fine in small amounts, like in a slaw on a really nice pulled bbq pork burger.
that is a good middle ground, too much of anything can be bad, you don't see me eating a whole head daily

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 07:49:39 »
that is a good middle ground, too much of anything can be bad, you don't see me eating a whole head daily

always wondered if someone ate an entire -those- big jugs of kimchi all at once,  would they die ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 08:32:40 »

if someone ate an entire

TP4 has impressed us with other feats of gustatory bravado, is he afraid that he has met his match this time?
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline phinix

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 10:37:48 »

always wondered if someone ate an entire -those- big jugs of kimchi all at once,  would they die ?

I like kimchi with my sushi, always eat whole jar, but don't know what size is your jug.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 13:03:44 »

I like kimchi with my sushi, always eat whole jar, but don't know what size is your jug.

Talking about the 1 Gallon $Value shopper kimchi Jugs.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 19:26:54 »
That is some serious value

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 08:12:18 »
That is some serious value

There's also always this guy at the back of the korean store carting boxes around, and he gives you the thumbs-up whenever you buy the Big Jug,  Tp4 suspects he probably made the kimchi or a relative mom/aunt/sister/cousin.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 08:26:17 »

he probably made the kimchi or a relative

I can say from first-hand experience that it is a very labor-intensive operation, and that when you reach the end you find that the volume of the finished product is a fraction of the volume of the raw ingredients.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline phinix

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 03:06:51 »

Talking about the 1 Gallon $Value shopper kimchi Jugs.

Ah, ok, I was talking about small jars:)