Author Topic: REQUEST: can someone fashion a keycap checking table that fits on letter paper?  (Read 13802 times)

fartq

i suspect it will need multiple pages, but that's ok, because there are infinity trees!  ;D

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
8.5" x 11" letter sized paper is a pain for this as its not wide enough for the main keys even (hold a sheet over your main block of keys and see its not wide enough)

If I pulled all the modifier keys down separate from the main alpha/num/F keys it might be able to fit an 87key set, but look a little odd. I don't think a full 104 set could be made to fit unless it looked really weird. which one are you looking for?
Any of the other ones out there (the original 2 from korea or the couple versions of mine) can fit on A4 or legal sized paper just fine
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

fartq

then split the keyboard in half? i'd just like a full-scale (ie, keys are to real-size) set of sheets that i can use to check for set completeness. i don't really care how the keys themselves are laid out, as long as there's a spot for every key on a 104 ansi layout and i can print some number of letter sized sheets (i don't have any of your fancy lawyer's paper)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
look at the one I pm'd you
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
I can have them printed and laminated to help raise money for the new hardware...

let me know :)

MOAR BARS
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Djuzuh

Why not A4?

I want a A4 one please !

Offline Appeac

Why not A4?

I want a A4 one please !

Because 'Murica

But really, this is a great request that I can get behind. Took me 30 minutes at work trying to force Windows to print to the legal paper tray rather than scale it on the 8.5x11.
FC660C
122 Terminal M w/ Soarer board

fartq

I can have them printed and laminated to help raise money for the new hardware...

MOAR BARS
this would be awesome.

flynn has a design that seems to work (although i can't remember whether it has a tsangan kit on it...). shockingly, it fits on one sheet. it would definitely be cool to GB some of these

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!

MOAR BARS
this would be awesome.

flynn has a design that seems to work (although i can't remember whether it has a tsangan kit on it...). shockingly, it fits on one sheet. it would definitely be cool to GB some of these

Hit my inbox with a pm of the pdf or something will test it at work tomorrow. Might even be on Orange paper. Not that cheap **** 20lb garbage.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found

ok here is a LEGAL sized mock up based on some ideas mkawa and myself had:

Trying to fit onto letter sized makes too much of a jigsaw puzzle, so I took advantage of the extra room of legal to-do something a litle different

This will fit all the keys in the main 3 GH keyset Group Buy choices (sorry ISO people)
89 key Base kit (87 keys + 2 GH keys)
Tsangan kit (matches the 10key kit in CC&G)
10 key kit (matches the 10key kit in CC&G)

Printing out to paper works best with the PDF  as it already has proper margins built in. I couldn't figure out how to attached it so put up here for now:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keycap_paper_legal_v3.pdf

we're open to any suggestions or ideas at this point.

Remember, this is ONLY a mock up. The sizes are correct and it does fit things when printed out, but it won't be the final version.
Mkawa wants the final one to be created as an SVG with the cherry replica fonts, so eventually that will get created by someone else...
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Djuzuh

Could you please do an A4 version? (put it on two sheets so it fits)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Could you please do an A4 version? (put it on two sheets so it fits)

A4 doesn't really work as the width of the main key cluster is almost 100% of the A4 paper width and you usually can't print that close to the edge. I know the other/original one only fit on A4 because all of the mod keys were not full sized
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
boost: if it's cheap/free for you to do a test print of this proto, go for it. i'm going to see if hash can generate this sheet with his cherry font and key tools from a manually or automatically generated parseable, and if that's the case, that will probably be the ideal final version. otherwise, happy to help fund a gb or sale of laminated versions as long as flynn gets some free copies :)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
boost: if it's cheap/free for you to do a test print of this proto, go for it. i'm going to see if hash can generate this sheet with his cherry font and key tools from a manually or automatically generated parseable, and if that's the case, that will probably be the ideal final version. otherwise, happy to help fund a gb or sale of laminated versions as long as flynn gets some free copies :)

Got the pdf from inlike. I will get a sample ready. Just been a little busy at work.

Pm works for me as I can't keep track of the threads I post in. LOL

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
should get rid of those stars before that one dude starts crying about it again.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
whats wrong with the one leaf made?
Keyboardless

fartq

whats wrong with the one leaf made?
this one has your name on it :D

Offline Christown

• MX Blue >
I'd love a laminated version of this.. let's get it happening!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants

ok here is a LEGAL sized mock up based on some ideas mkawa and myself had:
Show Image

Trying to fit onto letter sized makes too much of a jigsaw puzzle, so I took advantage of the extra room of legal to-do something a litle different

This will fit all the keys in the main 3 GH keyset Group Buy choices (sorry ISO people)
89 key Base kit (87 keys + 2 GH keys)
Tsangan kit (matches the 10key kit in CC&G)
10 key kit (matches the 10key kit in CC&G)

Printing out to paper works best with the PDF  as it already has proper margins built in. I couldn't figure out how to attached it so put up here for now:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keycap_paper_legal_v3.pdf

we're open to any suggestions or ideas at this point.

Remember, this is ONLY a mock up. The sizes are correct and it does fit things when printed out, but it won't be the final version.
Mkawa wants the final one to be created as an SVG with the cherry replica fonts, so eventually that will get created by someone else...
for the sake of expediency, i think your pdf looks fine as it is. i just pinged boost to go ahead with some proofs, and if everything looks good, i'll order a batch from him.

if anyone has any other requests (ISO adapters? other standard kits we want to be a regular part of GBs?), say it loud and proud now :)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline jcrouse

I just made one for myself last week but I used 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size). It works great and runs through the same printer.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Is there a verison of this for 11x17? I make these size prints at work all the time and have a laminator
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Is there a verison of this for 11x17? I make these size prints at work all the time and have a laminator

u just want the same exact thing as the legal one except centered on a 11x17 sheet then?
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏

u just want the same exact thing as the legal one except centered on a 11x17 sheet then?

Yea that would be great :D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found

Yea that would be great :D

easy enough. copy/paste into 11x17 and pdf'd
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keycap_paper_11x17.pdf
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
PERFECT! This is great Inlikeflynn! I'll run a copy off at school/work tomorrow. Looks superb though!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
ho ho ho. i have received the nicely laminated sheets from boost. they'll be up for purchase on the site after i collect a suitable amount of other logo swag to sell with them

GEEKHACK SWAG PACK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline CeeSA

the pdf dl links are not valid (anymore).
could some do a upload again?

Offline wiredPANDA

I just pulled the last PDF that was linked and uploaded it here, as well.

http://i.imgur.com/BFWup.png

Note - I uploaded the PDF to Imgur, so it was converted to a PNG.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
ho ho ho. i have received the nicely laminated sheets from boost. they'll be up for purchase on the site after i collect a suitable amount of other logo swag to sell with them

GEEKHACK SWAG PACK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nice!!

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jeroplane

Does anyone have a link to the one used to check original Cherry sets? I think it was made by KBDMania.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Acanthophis

You inspired me to do my own sheet in DIN A4 for both ANSI and ISO (german).
If anyone is interested, I can share. (when I'm finished :D)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
I'm sure we would be interested. It would help with all the ISO users I'm sure (even if it wasn't the exact layout)!

Offline Acanthophis

The ANSI sheet for standard boards on A4 is finished. (used the DIN for A4, 29.7x21cm)
I measured a Cherry Doubleshot and used 19mm for 1 unit (so a 1x1 keycap would be 19x19mm).
Printed it out and it works great. Also SP doubleshot seem to fit very well on the 361mm² boxes. Only bummer is, my printer didn't manage to print it centered, but that's just eye candy, anyway.
I didn't add legends so far. I like it without better and I know the layout by heart anyway.

But I will add them to the future sheets, so normal people can use them :D

// Sheet still needs tweaking. The 19mm for 1unit is not precise enough. The difference doesn't matter on the 1x1 keys but on the larger ones, especially space.

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 October 2012, 09:16:19 by DeathAdder »

Offline Giorgio

Is there a sheet that includes some other layouts, like ISO, modern 1800 with a 6u spacebar and 1u modifiers etc, with the row numbers?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Is there a sheet that includes some other layouts, like ISO, modern 1800 with a 6u spacebar and 1u modifiers etc, with the row numbers?
Yes there are quite a few more key layout sheets out there.

Offline Tactile

* ANSI Keycap Checker v2.pdf (51.08 kB - downloaded 208 times.)
REΛLFORCE

Offline Giorgio

Yes there are quite a few more key layout sheets out there.

Jacques de La Palisse? Is that you?

Offline Myoth

sorry for the necro but after finding the hard way that reading is essential (forgot it was in legal size and not A4), I wonder, has anyone got one of these but in A4 ?

I'm surprised no european ever had this problem, or at least posted it

EDIT :

(Attachment Link)

This one is ... oooops

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 December 2018, 06:20:56 by Myoth »