Author Topic: [IC] ADK64 3D Printed 60% Case R2  (Read 2553 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
[IC] ADK64 3D Printed 60% Case R2
« on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 11:41:50 »
No brakes on this train. I'll be setting up this page for gathering a little more info for another round of the ADK64. Here are my plans:

• Larger amount of spots, as 50 went pretty quickly last time
  • More colors, I kept things pretty muted for R1, I think we should get some bright colors for R2... maybe even carbon fiber filament  :p
  • Apple Logos to go with the boards - these are hard to track down, but I've got some leads.
  • Potential geometry change to make printing easier (will add screenshots and a vote to see if people don't mind it later)
  • Collaboration with /u/inachie to bring back a run of the Paladin64 for this board. I think we can add split space as well - not sure how that would be accomodated for by AEK caps though.
  • FR4 plates - Hasu has kindly open sourced his plate file for the 60% AEK layout, so I may get a batch of these made for those that want a more complete PCB + Case + Plate setup

Any feedback/questions are welcome! This page will be updated in the coming days with more content.

Offline AbstraktDesignLab

Re: [IC] ADK64 3D Printed 60% Case R2
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:10:58 »
If you were able to do a custom sticker for the Apple logo, I think that would be awesome. I would love to get in on one of these cases!

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 07:22:25 »
Any updates on getting some emblems? I was able to secure one but seems like slow going on mechmarket

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 12:19:46 »
I've been stockpiling some for the next round. I have a few more leads to follow up on as well.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 16:28:06 »
Can you remind me what material these prints are using?

Putting my hope to complete a 60% AEK on this project.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 21:40:29 »
I've been stockpiling some for the next round. I have a few more leads to follow up on as well.

Will there be an option to buy them apart from a case?