Author Topic: Hello from SoCal  (Read 1418 times)

Offline BL0ODYJOKER

Hello from SoCal
« on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 23:19:50 »
Hey everyone,

So to start off I learned of this hobby recently watching some youtubers and eventually FrankP came about custom keyboards. I didn't think much of it until I watched :)ildcat and heard the voyager65 keyboard with H1 switches and I was like amazed how great they sounded. So here I am deep into something pretty cool.

Other hobbies I enjoy are guns, knives, games, and grilling.

Offline IronCheeks

Re: Hello from SoCal
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 05:08:50 »
Hey there, BLOODYJOKER!

Welcome to geekhack :)
How you got into the hobby is similar to how I did; I had TaehaTypes show up in my recommended feed on YouTube, watched a few of his builds, and then I nose-dived and began watching other fellow keebweebs, such as Andy Nguyen, Brandon Taylor, TheApiary, and many more. I guess it just happened since I was building a my PC and the interest came up.

You got some pretty cool hobbies there. I was once into knives, but it served no purpose for me since all I would do is just look at them.
I, do however, partake in the following (aside from keyboards):
  • Fountain pens
  • Journaling
  • Raw denim
  • Watches

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Offline Grey Matter

• Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 18:24:59 »
I, do however, partake in the following (aside from keyboards):
  • Fountain pens
  • Journaling
  • Raw denim
  • Watches

Hope you enjoy your stay!

I like fountain pens as well man! what are some of your favorites? I haven't gone as deep into that hobby so far but it seems just as interesting.

Offline IronCheeks

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 20:04:22 »

I like fountain pens as well man! what are some of your favorites? I haven't gone as deep into that hobby so far but it seems just as interesting.

My favorite two favorites right now are the Pilot Heritage 912 w/ a 14k Waverly Nib and a Schon Design Pocket 6 w/ a Fine Bock nib.

The Pilot Heritage 912 was pretty much my grail pen and when I got it in from Engeika (this was prior they became their own brand), it marked off all the boxes. It's the perfect size for my hands, uses a large removable converter, and the Waverly nib allowed me to write at any angle whenever I held the pen. It glides over paper and is by far the best pen I own.

The Schon Design is a Valentine's Day present I got from my S.O. It's a one man company run by an engineer who bought his own mills to make his pens. Writes like a charm, is portable, and I love its anodized aluminum with seamless construction. You should check out his stuff. He's been improving his craft day by day. The dude even makes watches, too!
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2020, 05:02:28 by IronCheeks »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 16:25:12 »
Hey everyone,

So to start off I learned of this hobby recently watching some youtubers and eventually FrankP came about custom keyboards. I didn't think much of it until I watched :)ildcat and heard the voyager65 keyboard with H1 switches and I was like amazed how great they sounded. So here I am deep into something pretty cool.

Other hobbies I enjoy are guns, knives, games, and grilling.

Hi BL0ODYJOKER. Welcome to Geekhack.

I figured this one was covered, but I see you like guns. Which have you got? Which do you like?

Also, while I'm at it, what switches have you tried, and which do you like?