Author Topic: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (GB Live!)  (Read 515820 times)

Offline FrostyBoi

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (31/05/2019 - New renders added)
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 05:46:04 »
calm depths on grey or blue your choice.

Offline bill.choi

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:23:11 »
Im interested in the progress of this keyboard.
Would be a cool first dive into the custom keyboard world, if it's below 400 USD.

Props for the beautiful renders!
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:25:32 by bill.choi »
Getting in to the custom keyboard world.
Not afraid to list my current OEM keyboards:
Apple Keyboard A1048 - DasKeyboard Pro 4 - Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 11:05:26 »
I'll definitely join this one if it's public. Beautiful board.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Shadowhunter9782

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 14:32:24 »
I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this board. Hoping for a white and around 400 dollar price tag.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 23:53:21 »
Taro, Modern Dolch, Red Alert, Mizu and Striker renders added.

I'll be getting the sets with legends that I've already made out of the way first and then do the ones with special legends such as SA Bliss and GMK Dots after.
Also having trouble finding codes for Black Lotus and there aren't any renders of it in normal lighting that I can easily pull codes from with photoshop.

EDIT: Added Violet on Cream as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2019, 05:52:39 by gok101 »

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 23:59:59 »

I'll be getting the sets with legends that I've already made out of the way first and then do the ones with special legends such as SA Bliss and GMK Dots after.
Also having trouble finding codes for Black Lotus and there aren't any renders of it in normal lighting that I can easily pull codes from with photoshop.

This is all just a massive tease until a vendor gets on board haha. Appreciate the work you are putting into this though!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 00:18:15 »

This is all just a massive tease until a vendor gets on board haha. Appreciate the work you are putting into this though!

It gives me something to do while I wait and helps me solidify the colours that I want to run. Red is probably out of consideration now.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 00:58:19 »

It gives me something to do while I wait and helps me solidify the colours that I want to run. Red is probably out of consideration now.

Haha fair. I'm boring and like good old black and grey, so I'm easy to please.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:45:09 »
Yo if this is sub $400 this case is looking to be insane

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 07:05:35 »
Is the 7V on the front part of the weight? or is it a separate piece?
Are the color combo's of your renders the only combo's available (black/black weight, blue/SS weight) or will it be available in other/any combination? Will the 7V colors be tied to the same color as the weight?

I posted previously but I'm really interested in this board now.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 07:24:55 »
Will you offer a second option for an ISO PCB?

The keyboard looks pretty endgame to me and I would definitely be interested...

Offline tenny

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 11:21:45 »
Would it be okay if I requested violet tendencies on white?

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 11:58:31 »
I've been looking for a new TKL but this board seems like an aesthetic improvement while keeping most of the usual TKL functionality. Love how the nav cluster is 3 keys and is it's own physically separate cluster.

I'm 100% in (really hoping this doesn't go the private GB route). Also, fingers crossed for a white option  :thumb:

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 13:51:46 »
Is the 7V on the front part of the weight? or is it a separate piece?
Are the color combo's of your renders the only combo's available (black/black weight, blue/SS weight) or will it be available in other/any combination? Will the 7V colors be tied to the same color as the weight?

I posted previously but I'm really interested in this board now.
Haven't fully decided yet but that may be case. At the moment, I'm thinking about funding the run myself rather than as a GB so I'd just order set combinations.

Would it be okay if I requested violet tendencies on white?
Added to the queue

There won't be an ISO pcb.

Offline Robean

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (03/06/2019 - More render requests added)
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 17:05:43 »
Would love to see a render of gmk Bento on the anodized blue

Offline mta

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (03/06/2019 - More requested renders added)
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:19:13 »
Looking good!

Offline rondg

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 23:20:07 »
GMK Striker on blue looks awesome!  :thumb:

Offline lady_renari

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 07:15:45 »
If there are going to be set combos, personally would prefer black with silver weight vs. black-on-black, just for the contrast (but that's just me!).

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 07:22:59 »
I think black anodized case + black glossy weight would look dope as well

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 07:23:51 »

I'm not an ISO user, but I hope the PCB at least will have ISO support. Even if the plate is fixed and ISO users have to make their own plates, taking it out of the PCB seems like an unfair and arbitrary restriction.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 13:57:16 »
If there are going to be set combos, personally would prefer black with silver weight vs. black-on-black, just for the contrast (but that's just me!).
I get you. When doing the renders, I've found that the raw steel looked better than black PVD in some cases and it would be nice to offer a choice. This will be confirmed later.

I'm not an ISO user, but I hope the PCB at least will have ISO support. Even if the plate is fixed and ISO users have to make their own plates, taking it out of the PCB seems like an unfair and arbitrary restriction.
There is also a dampening layer that gets cut up by any stabs. I've already lost quite a lot of materials for the enter and the left shift because of it.

On another note, I've been speaking to a vendor and they are very interested. If everything goes to plan, I should be ordering the prototype this weekend and will make an announcement about the vendor after it arrives.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:21:20 by gok101 »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:15:27 »
There is also a dampening layer that gets cut up by any stabs. I've already lost quite a lot of materials for the enter and the left shift because of it.

Surely users can just cut this themselves if they want ISO? It's ultimately your keyboard, but not even putting ISO footprints on the PCB seems needlessly exclusionary.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 15:10:31 »
Vote no on ISO

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:19:45 »

On another note, I've been speaking to a vendor and they a very interested. If everything goes to plan, I should be ordering the prototype this weekend and will make an announcement about the vendor after it arrives.

Nice, stoked to hear this!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 18:05:42 »
Hope the prototype is up to gok standards.

Offline jaang

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 20:20:01 »
On another note, I've been speaking to a vendor and they are very interested. If everything goes to plan, I should be ordering the prototype this weekend and will make an announcement about the vendor after it arrives.

This is awesome to hear! Looking forward to the progress

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:46:16 »
Incredibly interested in this.

Offline diorite

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 03:11:03 »
Very excited to see the prototype and vendor announcement!
The black on white with kuro shiro looks so good! Really wish I had joined now. That rama cap is sweet.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 10:52:42 »
I get you. When doing the renders, I've found that the raw steel looked better than black PVD in some cases and it would be nice to offer a choice. This will be confirmed later.

As far as reasons to not include ISO go, this is one of the most arbitrary I've seen so far. You could include the switch footprints on the PCB and we'll cut our own plates and adjust the dampener, we're used to it.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 12:48:29 »
Vote no on ISO

If you have a fixed plate and having ISO on the PCB bothers you, then you need some help.

There are practical reasons to not include ISO in the plate and foam. Not supporting it in the PCB is outright hostile IMO.

Offline mrkantz

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:32:17 »
We about to start a war with the Europeans in this thread. USA! USA! Hahaha how ridiculous.. chill out people, it's Gok's board. It might not be for everyone, you can move on if it's not for you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:45:57 by vision-quest »

Offline dk4one

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:38:04 »
Yea. Not an ISO user myself, but I do agree straight up not supporting ISO even on the PCB is a bit too extreme. That being said, I can see why a fix plate is beneficial tho, so totally agree if gok wants to do a fix plate with no ISO support.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:21:24 »

As far as reasons to not include ISO go, this is one of the most arbitrary I've seen so far. You could include the switch footprints on the PCB and we'll cut our own plates and adjust the dampener, we're used to it.

Vote no on ISO

If you have a fixed plate and having ISO on the PCB bothers you, then you need some help.

There are practical reasons to not include ISO in the plate and foam. Not supporting it in the PCB is outright hostile IMO.

Surely users can just cut this themselves if they want ISO? It's ultimately your keyboard, but not even putting ISO footprints on the PCB seems needlessly exclusionary.

Vote no on ISO

We about to start a war with the Europeans in this thread. USA! USA! Hahaha how ridiculous..

Yea. Not an ISO user myself, but I do agree straight up not supporting ISO even on the PCB is a bit too extreme. That being said, I can see why a fix plate is beneficial tho, so totally agree if gok wants to do a fix plate with no ISO support.

As stated from the beginning, this is a keyboard that is tailored for me first and foremost. This means that I will be min-maxing towards my preferences which I know is selfish but designing things that I want is pretty much the only thing keeping me in this hobby.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:33:47 »
In that note I think there should just be one single layout supported.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:39:53 »
In that note I think there should just be one single layout supported.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I should say for my girlfriend and me.
I'd be going for the 6u spacebar option with split backspace but she's used to 1.25u and full backspace.
I could get rid of stepped caps though...

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:44:59 »

As stated from the beginning, this is a keyboard that is tailored for me first and foremost. This means that I will be min-maxing towards my preferences which I know is selfish but designing things that I want is pretty much the only thing keeping me in this hobby.

I actually was agreeing with you, I was more poking fun at how angry people were getting over it  ;) My bad for not making that clear.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:47:11 »

I actually was agreeing with you, I was more poking fun at how angry people were getting over it  ;) My bad for not making that clear.
Ah yeah, I just did a chain reply for everybody that was debating the topic.

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:56:45 »
You do you, it will make moq ezpz, this isnt a mass produced board ladies an gents

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:03:18 »
"...is just outright hostile IMO." - says outright hostile person

-------------------------

Since you'd like to be kept busy gok, can you do IMSTO Black on Black on the black/black 7v? Thanks  :p

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:13:55 »
"...is just outright hostile IMO." - says outright hostile person

-------------------------

Since you'd like to be kept busy gok, can you do IMSTO Black on Black on the black/black 7v? Thanks  :p
To be honest, I don't think anybody was outwardly hostile.

I'll add your request to the queue. Will need to eyeball the grey colour values though.

Offline LouisD

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:43:22 »
Feel free to veto this but I'd love to see a render of GMK Space Cadet on blue. Not sure if the difference in the shade of blue between the mods and the case would be distracting.

The Striker on blue render looks amazing.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:45:51 »
Feel free to veto this but I'd love to see a render of GMK Space Cadet on blue. Not sure if the difference in the shade of blue between the mods and the case would be distracting.

The Striker on blue render looks amazing.
Do you know what the colour codes are? I can't find them on the IC or the GB pages.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 22:15:57 »

Actually, iso pads overlap ansi, creating swiss cheese effect. Nobody likes swiss cheese pcb. Its (one of) the same reason wilba refuses to do ISO on most of his pcb's, if im not mistaken.

At any rate, its Gok's keyboard, and he can do what he wants. If it offends you, by all means feel free to move on to a different project.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (06/06/2019 - Prototype ordered)
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 05:42:09 »
I've ordered the prototype. It should take around 3 weeks and will then need to make its way to me.

Offline rondg

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 06:02:04 »
I've ordered the prototype. It should take around 3 weeks and will then need to make its way to me.

So maybe an August/September GB?  ;D

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 10:26:25 »

Stoked.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 11:21:26 »
Will you be able to put together a price tag for the board after the prototype is good to go? I’m stoked for this but there are just so many others things to look at that are coming to us lately

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 11:25:48 »
Will you be able to put together a price tag for the board after the prototype is good to go? I’m stoked for this but there are just so many others things to look at that are coming to us lately
Don't worry, it couldn't possibly cost more than your first born son and a packet of oreos.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 12:19:45 »

So maybe an August/September GB?  ;D
Still uncertain

That is up to the vendor and there is a lot of work still for things like packaging etc.