Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 323433 times)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
just gotten my refund. Still sad that i wasnt able to get my hands on the em7 but im kinda worried about the risk of not getting the board if i stick with it :( :( :(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline hello_nautilus

According to insider info, Tam is a notorious scammer within the local mechkey community (he was actually banned from that local group). He is a 23-year-old guy who keeps boasting his rich and extravagant lifestyle in various local forums (including hi-end audio), and will do anything to get money fast and keep his public image.

There is no "Nam" guy either, if you read his email and compare with other posts by Tam himself in this thread, you can notice the distinct similarity in their English usage, how spaces were used before commas, etc. It's more likely that Tam created this "Nam brother" character to maintain the story that he got cancer (which is obviously false).

The local community, upon hearing about this incident on GeekHack, has been laughing non-stop at Tam's new (unsurprising) tactics amd scam. Meanwhile, Tam is still posting pictures of his recent lavish shopping trip in Singapore on Facebook (visible to his friends only), and a few days ago he even asked around for a designer to help with his new (propably scam) project.

So to everyone, PLEASE GET REFUNDED ASAP. Don't expect N(T)am to send you the keyboard; he is reluctantly refunding you guys on request. Get your money back and buy from Lynn directly! (mod edit: snip)

Mod edit: one of the screenshots has been reported to us as a private discussion that should not have been shared publicly.  This screenshot has been removed.  Please remember that sharing private conversations without all parties' agreement is subject to removal.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:46:26 by Photoelectric »

Offline Tally810

I got a response on my refund and it seems to be headed in the right direction.  While I was hoping for a board I will be happy to get my money back. :/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
According to insider info, Tam is a notorious scammer within the local mechkey community (he was actually banned from that local group). He is a 23-year-old guy who keeps boasting his rich and extravagant lifestyle in various local forums (including hi-end audio), and will do anything to get money fast and keep his public image.

There is no "Nam" guy either, if you read his email and compare with other posts by Tam himself in this thread, you can notice the distinct similarity in their English usage, how spaces were used before commas, etc. It's more likely that Tam created this "Nam brother" character to maintain the story that he got cancer (which is obviously false).

The local community, upon hearing about this incident on GeekHack, has been laughing non-stop at Tam's new (unsurprising) tactics amd scam. Meanwhile, Tam is still posting pictures of his recent lavish shopping trip in Singapore on Facebook (visible to his friends only), and a few days ago he even asked around for a designer to help with his new (propably scam) project.

So to everyone, PLEASE GET REFUNDED ASAP. Don't expect N(T)am to send you the keyboard; he is reluctantly refunding you guys on request. Get your money back and buy from Lynn directly! (mod edit: snip)
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He really was a **** kid.  :eek:
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:47:04 by Photoelectric »

Offline hello_nautilus

Show Image
Show Image

He really was a **** kid.  :eek:
Haha now his catchphrase "i need ___ for my cancer" has become a meme in the local group now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:47:28 by Photoelectric »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
i don't want to fan the flames but damn this really spiraled out of control FAST
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline lol

Being told I might not get a refund for 2-3 days...Had emailed over 24 hours ago.

Offline Mavarina

Can someone clarify which email do I send to for the refund request?

Offline kenlee

Can someone clarify which email do I send to for the refund request?

dolphin.em7groupbuy@gmail.com

Offline madn3ss795

Show Image
Show Image

As an admin of the local mechkey community ( VNMK ), I can verify that Tam wasn't banned, he left on his own accord long ago, and there are no new meme about him. He's always been a prick, caused personal beefs with many people and I'm not a fan of him either, but you're blowing things out of proportion for the sake of drama.   
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:47:57 by Photoelectric »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

Show Image
Show Image

As an admin of the local mechkey community ( VNMK ), I can verify that Tam wasn't banned, he left on his own accord long ago, and there are no new meme about him. He's always been a prick, caused personal beefs with many people and I'm not a fan of him either, but you're blowing things out of proportion for the sake of drama.

Does he have a brother named Nam?
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:48:06 by Photoelectric »

Offline hello_nautilus

Show Image
Show Image

Nope, he pretended to be "his brother Nam" and later he referred to himself as Tam, most likely a slip of the tongue.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:48:16 by Photoelectric »

Offline madn3ss795

Show Image
Show Image

Either he doesn't, but he does and hide under his brother's name to respond. Guy always want other to think high and mighty about him and won't explicitly admit his wrongdoings, but at least he's giving refunds rather than running away. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:48:29 by Photoelectric »

Offline HotRoderX

Show Image
Show Image

Nope, he pretended to be "his brother Nam" and later he referred to himself as Tam, most likely a slip of the tongue.
Show Image

To play devils advocate reading thought that.. its painfully obvious he isn't a native English speaker.  I wouldn't be shocked to learn they where using a translator. That was the case then its totally possible the translator messed up.

I only even mention this cause people are being outlandish! Yea this situation sucks.. yea it might have all been fabricated who knows! As long as he is refunding people who ask for a refund. I don't see the point of all the venting in public. Thats just me. As said just playing devils advocate. To be Transparent I do feel the entire thing was shady thought reading thought the thread.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:48:40 by Photoelectric »

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada

Show Image

To play devils advocate reading thought that.. its painfully obvious he isn't a native English speaker.  I wouldn't be shocked to learn they where using a translator. That was the case then its totally possible the translator messed up.

I only even mention this cause people are being outlandish! Yea this situation sucks.. yea it might have all been fabricated who knows! As long as he is refunding people who ask for a refund. I don't see the point of all the venting in public. Thats just me. As said just playing devils advocate. To be Transparent I do feel the entire thing was shady thought reading thought the thread.

Yes i agree, this isn't a good time and place for all the venting. It may actually hurt the groupbuy further because apparently people are starting to receive refunds. Please leave your dramas elsewhere at the moment! And those screenshots are from private conversations that weren't meant to be shared publicly.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:45:32 by iamacicada »

Offline afrokobe

waiting for my refund now

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
Also waiting on my refund. Hopefully gets processed soon
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline megaforce

yikes lol
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline hello_nautilus

Show Image

Yes i agree, this isn't a good time and place for all the venting. It may actually hurt the groupbuy further because apparently people are starting to receive refunds. Please leave your dramas elsewhere at the moment! And those screenshots are from private conversations that weren't meant to be shared publicly.
I'm not venting, but rather warning those few who still want to wait for Tam to deliver their keyboards instead of asking for refunds. They should know who they're dealing with - they have the right to know.

Also, those images that I attached to my posts earlier are not really private. A Vietnamese friend of mine got them from the discussion in the local mechkey group and sent me, as I'm not in the group myself.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada

Show Image

I'm not venting, but rather warning those few who still want to wait for Tam to deliver their keyboards instead of asking for refunds. They should know who they're dealing with - they have the right to know.

Also, those images that I attached to my posts earlier are not really private. A Vietnamese friend of mine got them from the discussion in the local mechkey group and sent me, as I'm not in the group myself.

Don’t you think it’s better to urge everyone to request refunds from tam and wait to see how things would go first before exposing him considering things were seemingly heading in a better direction?

Since it’s long past the Paypal protection window, I think he will be more likely to run away with the money if he knows that his reputation is completely destroyed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count

Show Image

Don’t you think it’s better to urge everyone to request refunds from tam and wait to see how things would go first before exposing him considering things were seemingly heading in a better direction?

Since it’s long past the Paypal protection window, I think he will be more likely to run away with the money if he knows that his reputation is completely destroyed here.

If he were planning to run away with the money, he would do it regardless.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline hello_nautilus

Show Image

How would you urge people to get refunded if some of them still believe that the 'Nam' person is real and there's a chance that he'd deliver those keyboards?

Also, Tam's reputation was already ruined when some good Samaritans here discovered Facebook photos about his trip to Singapore and all the lies. He/Nam has not posted a single rebuttal here since then.

Offline kawasaki161

Also, Tam's reputation was already ruined when some good Samaritans here discovered Facebook photos about his trip to Singapore and all the lies. He/Nam has not posted a single rebuttal here since then.

He can't, he's in a coma after all  ;)

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada

Show Image

He has always been desperately trying to keep his image look good in the public eye so this would only reinforces him running away.

If he weren’t and decided to continue with his storyline then there’s still hope for the participants that he would make an effort to try to save his reputation by refunding people.

Between nothing and a shot at a refund what would you take? I’m not saying i’m against exposing him but i don’t think this is a good time to drag it further to scare him away. People have already done that and made him take actions to respond, let’s just leave it at that for now.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada

Show Image

How would you urge people to get refunded if some of them still believe that the 'Nam' person is real and there's a chance that he'd deliver those keyboards?

To be honest, I dont think many people still believe in the made up stories after seeing the facebook photos. But tam still chose to stick with that narrative and acted as “nam” to refund to everyone.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion and I just want people to get their money back asap. We can agree to disagree whether it’s a good idea to completely expose tam at the moment. I’ll see myself out.

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:25:49 by iamacicada »

Show Image

He has always been desperately trying to keep his image look good in the public eye so this would only reinforces him running away.

If he weren’t and decided to continue with his storyline then there’s still hope for the participants that he would make an effort to try to save his reputation by refunding people.

Between nothing and a shot at a refund what would you take? I’m not saying i’m against exposing him but i don’t think this is a good time to drag it further to scare him away. People have already done that and made him take actions to respond, let’s just leave it at that for now.

This x1000, honestly if things are moving in a positive direction why wouldn't you hold off on the bull****, trust me if everyone was getting ****ed and not receiving refunds then giver but imo just bashing when things are going in the positive is just nonsense at the moment.

Offline hello_nautilus

Show Image

To be honest, I dont think many people believe in the made up stories after seeing the facebook photos. But tam still chose to stick with that narrative and acted as “nam” to refund to everyone.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion and I just want people to get their money back asap. We can agree to disagree whether it’s a good idea to completely expose tam at the moment. I’ll see myself out.

No worries mate, we're caring for two different groups of people at the moment: those who have already requested for the refunds, and those staying with the group buy. I also wish that everyone, not just those who have requested for refunds, will get their money back. So my part here is also done. Cheers!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:32:22 by hello_nautilus »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
The last 3 pages of this thread have more twists than an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie, holy ****.

All this time I thought Tam was a stand up guy.

Offline lol

Show Image

To be honest, I dont think many people believe in the made up stories after seeing the facebook photos. But tam still chose to stick with that narrative and acted as “nam” to refund to everyone.

No worries mate, we're caring for two different groups of people at the moment: those who have already requested for the refunds, and those staying with the group buy. I also wish that everyone, not just those who have requested for refunds, will get their money back. So my part here is also done. Cheers!

Yeah so let's just decrease the chance for EVERYONE getting a refund. Great work dude your BS for wanting to start drama is almost as bad as what you are accusing. Might as well be Tam himself creating another alter ego to scare himself away so I can blame your stupidity.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The last 3 pages of this thread have more twists than an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie, holy ****.

Tam is actually ripster! What a twist!

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count

Tam is actually ripster! What a twist!
https://i.imgur.com/uf9YNVm.png
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline CMYK

I am waiting on my refund.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Also waiting on a refund - was told it will take a day or two to process.

Offline le_wraith

Got kind of a strange response to my refund request, calling me by someone else's name and talking about paypal stuff and fees and saying refund would take 2-3 days. Whether because of the language barrier or otherwise, it was hard to understand. That being said I think I answered his questions and so I hope I will get a refund soon.

Offline Tally810

Got kind of a strange response to my refund request, calling me by someone else's name and talking about paypal stuff and fees and saying refund would take 2-3 days. Whether because of the language barrier or otherwise, it was hard to understand. That being said I think I answered his questions and so I hope I will get a refund soon.
If it's the same thing I was told he would rather use a PayPal balance vs a card to refund as it charges no fees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
I received my refund a day after the email saying that it could take a few days. Split the fees with him so only lost about 10 dollars. Thank you all for the updates! Hopefully the people waiting for boards get them :thumb:

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
I received my refund a day after the email saying that it could take a few days. Split the fees with him so only lost about 10 dollars. Thank you all for the updates! Hopefully the people waiting for boards get them :thumb:

Same here -- Paypal is reviewing it before it can be xfered back to my bank. Phew, it is really happening.

Would buy an EM7 directly from Lynn  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline le_wraith

I requested a refund on Sunday and still haven't gotten it.  :-[

Offline CMYK

I received my refund today.  I hope the best for all of the other GB participants.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
I requested a refund on Sunday and still haven't gotten it.  :-[

Did you get a reply at least?

Offline Jedi

I received refund in full.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
UPDATE

I have spoken again today with someone on tams account, they have asked me to relay the following info

He believes he has refunded most of the people who have contacted him so far, if anyone still needs a refund please email again with the subject line refund, he believes he can get these all finished up either today or tomorrow, and then provide the list and funds to linn for the people who still wish to receive their boards shortly after

Big thanks to those keeping this civil, much appreciated
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nevaenuf

UPDATE

I have spoken again today with someone on tams account, they have asked me to relay the following info

He believes he has refunded most of the people who have contacted him so far, if anyone still needs a refund please email again with the subject line refund, he believes he can get these all finished up either today or tomorrow, and then provide the list and funds to linn for the people who still wish to receive their boards shortly after

Big thanks to those keeping this civil, much appreciated

This is so frustrating.  I've requested a refund, but really I don't want it.  I want that em7.  Man, I'm out of goodwill and trust, but I don't want to be.  Why would a scammer process refunds in the first place???  Why now?  Ugh. 

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
My refund came through this morning as promised.
Hope it continues to go this smoothly for everyone else.

Offline airs

Got my refund for two Dolphins. Is Linn going to allow us to buy direct? Maybe someone that is in contact with him can ask? BMW?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline sitch

hasnt receive my refund yet for dolphin and em7...

Offline lol

Have not received refund yet either. Emailed Sunday and had responses

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
hasnt receive my refund yet for dolphin and em7...

make sure you both email again then as per the instructions in the update
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline le_wraith

Got my refund. Glad to have the funds back but hope Lynn figures out a way to sell us the boards directly.

Offline lol

Got my refund