Author Topic: Weird issue after soldering Logitech g610  (Read 742 times)

Offline finbullet

Weird issue after soldering Logitech g610
« on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 12:32:18 »
Hey all,

The 8 key on my trusty logitech g610 started acting up a while back. It registered only heavy pushes and after getting sufficiently annoyed at it, I thought i'd try fixing it. Bought a very basic soldering kit and had a go at it. Switch and led came off great. Took off another low-use switch and swapped their places. Accidentally put the led on the 8-key wrong way, which doesn't bother me, never use the light anyways. No real problems, other than because of the equipment - the last time I did soldering on professional equipment, not the ones I bought this time  :)) . Especially the wick surprised me, really didn't work as smooth as I remembered, next time I wont pickout the cheapest one.

The button works great, no more problems. But what's driving me crazy is that the leds on the keys M, K, I and F8 are dimly lit - even when I turn the lighting completely off. If I wait a few minutes they turn off again, but soon flicker a bit and come on again.

I cleaned the pcb and did a careful visual inspection but found nothing weird. Tried reheating the solder and adding a bit more but that didn't help. I tried looking on the forum if the led I soldered the wrong way was the problem but I understood that that shouldn't cause it. I'm sure I must've broken something, because the keys list are in a vertical pattern near the key I was soldering on.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here? Know a fix? Let me know  :thumb:

Here's a zoomed picture of the pcb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Weird issue after soldering Logitech g610
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 13:29:27 »
Are the resistors for the LEDs on the other side of the PCB?  Maybe you somehow shorted or damaged something on the other side that we cannot see?  IDK what would happen if you somehow shorted a resistor, but perhaps that's it?