Author Topic: Copperhead Double Click :[  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Arexxk

• Algebraic!
    • Blog mehs
Copperhead Double Click :[
« on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 22:54:01 »
First my Poker gets stolen in comp lab, and now my copperhead switch is flattening out. Lucky week?
PBC Poker 40% Cherry MX Blues - Stolen in the stupid CS labs
HHKB Pro 2 Topre OBV - Still kickin

Offline Encryptor

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 01:25:37 »
Someone stole your keyboard?  That sucks.  I'm always afraid of someone taking my office keyboard.  I wish they put those laptop lock ports on keyboards.

Offline Krunchy

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 17:51:41 »
Ouch.  Many condolences for the Poker getting swiped.

I had the same problem with my Copperhead starting around a year after I got it.  Unfortunately, last time I checked that was a known defect and it's happened to a great many folks who got the Copperhead.  There's a reason I'm not too fond of Razer mice...
Currently hacking away on
IBM Model M || MTek K104 || Dell AT101W || Anne Pro II

Offline esvarianzza

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 04:45:05 »
Yep, it's quite widespread, although it's fixable. I don't remember what guide did I follow when it happened to me, but this one has a great explanation on the process.

www[.]overclockers[.]com/forums/showthread.php?t=594646

I wouldn't buy or recommend another Razer product ever again.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 17:20:42 »
I have a buddy who has worn out every razer mouse he's used (plays a lot of LoL and MMO's). He's gone through the copperhead, deathadder, abyssus, and imperator. And on every one the left click has stopped working.

One of the reasons I have something like 8 mice and regularly swap between them :)

Offline Arexxk

• Algebraic!
    • Blog mehs
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 15:18:00 »
Quote from: Krunchy;496425
Ouch.  Many condolences for the Poker getting swiped.

I had the same problem with my Copperhead starting around a year after I got it.  Unfortunately, last time I checked that was a known defect and it's happened to a great many folks who got the Copperhead.  There's a reason I'm not too fond of Razer mice...

Yea well I've had this since high school late 2006, so it's become really sentimental to me. It's been quite weird though. It started double-clicking 80% of the time, but after flicking the switch a bit it's been doing fine. If worse comes to worst I could just open up and tweak the switch a bit. I've also heard of people replacing the stock switches with higher quality ones.
PBC Poker 40% Cherry MX Blues - Stolen in the stupid CS labs
HHKB Pro 2 Topre OBV - Still kickin