Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 577439 times)

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:48:55 »
In addition to the media subforum here are a few others that are MIA.

-Vendors subforums
-wiki workshop
-members subforums
-support

Maybe you guys are working on those areas, but just in case you're not, then you might like to know.

=)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:02:42 »
I remember mkawa saying he was going to kill off member forums, but I don't know about the rest.

Offline vbrenny

• what doesn't kill you gives you RSI
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:20:56 »
I just posted on http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36405.msg684096#msg684096 and I tried to put the images between spoiler tags.
Using the button it would change font size and turn everything ahead of it into garbage; Manually putting the tag, made it ignore.
If I edit the post, there is no spoiler tag there.

I don't really know if it's a bug or I'm not smart enough to use the forum...

Also, is there any way to add buttons so that content is initially hidden and when clicked it would load pictures and the likes?
I think it is a good measure to save up bandwidth, specially for the ones using slow connections.
Owns: Cherry G80-8113 w/ browns.
I'm looking for somebody to proxy a QFR for me. I'll pay. PM me!

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:25:17 »
What happened to the vendor subforum?  The site just went down for a few minutes, and now all of the vendor forums are empty!

EDIT: Qtan, WASD, and The Keyboard Company's vendor forums seem to be okay, the rest are empty.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:26:59 by WRXChris »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:26:17 »
Same with the media subforum

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:30:07 »
What happened to the vendor subforum?  The site just went down for a few minutes, and now all of the vendor forums are empty!

EDIT: Qtan, WASD, and The Keyboard Company's vendor forums seem to be okay, the rest are empty.

Well this sucks :'(
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 19:29:41 »
Actually media says 3944 Posts and 0 Topics, with the last post information still there.

But when you open the page there are no topics listed (as you might expect).

I noticed that this morning and started a new post there - suddenly all the old posts reappeared.

Now they have gone again.

New Members also says 2091 Posts and 1 Topics, but opening that page shows a single screenful of topics (i.e. more than 1, but definitely not all of them).
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 19:34:19 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 20:27:10 »
Actually media says 3944 Posts and 0 Topics, with the last post information still there.

But when you open the page there are no topics listed (as you might expect).

I noticed that this morning and started a new post there - suddenly all the old posts reappeared.

Now they have gone again.

New Members also says 2091 Posts and 1 Topics, but opening that page shows a single screenful of topics (i.e. more than 1, but definitely not all of them).

Also, clicking the link to the last post (currently the "What did you add to your keyboard today?" thread) allows you to access that thread despite it saying no topics listed. Very odd behaviour.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 15:39:28 »
Has this been fixed for everyone?
Russ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 16:31:27 »
The 0 Topics and missing topics seems to have been fixed, but the geekhack media forum only has 73 topics, with the oldest from the end of July 2012 (probably just after Geekhack came back).  This is in contradistinction to, say, keyboards, where the oldest post is from 2007.

But I can't say that I noticed how many posts where in geekhack media before the recent problem.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 16:39:03 »
The media forum was pruned of pre-rootworm posts a while back, since none of the attachments survived.  The posts are archived, so check there if you are looking for something specific.

The zero-post issue was a DB maintenance task that didn't quite finish and left things in an inconsistent state.  It was recovered and we didn't lose any posts that I am aware of.
Russ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 16:53:20 »
No, not looking for anything specific, it just seemed odd that the popular media forum has so few topics in it, but archived makes sense as they are media-heavy.

Thank you :)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 08:57:58 »
feng's new thread  [Order Thread] "MKC Aluminum Spacebar" cant be opened I only get a white page.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 17:14:46 »
FWIW it seems to work for me atm.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 17:19:33 »
That's a new thread rowdy... feng hit the attachment bug
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 23:55:54 »
Thanks for fixing/dealing with it!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 16:17:13 »
For some reason I can't upload attachments, all it shows is a grey square with "C:\fakepath\imagename.imageformat" written in it.
Figured this would be the right place to post it as it only happens on GH, I've tried using Opera, Chrome and FF and it happens with all of them.
Looking around the web doesn't seem to help either as the only solutions I can find on my end are for IE.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 00:54:36 »
now that is a headscratcher. can anyone repro?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 08:05:04 »
Tried on my laptop using Opera and Chrome, getting the same problem there.
I'll upload a test image here as an example:

Edit: Seems to work now. Huh.
It showed up as the grey fakepath image in preview though, maybe that's intentional, I figured it might be the first time I had this problem and posted anyways, only to get an invalid attachment. Maybe due to file size? I don't know.
I'll try and post a proper attachment and see what happens then, might be able to mark this as human error  :-[

Edit2:
Yeah, seems like I might have tried uploading something over the size limit the first time and from then on automatically assumed that the preview placeholder meant something was wrong.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2012, 08:19:38 by vun »

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 13:53:50 »
In preview you don't get your image, because we don't want your image taking up space if you decide NOT to post.  Saves time and bandwidth too.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 14:11:15 »
ah ok, so not a bug. yes, you can't preview attachments by design.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:12:49 »
In preview you don't get your image, because we don't want your image taking up space if you decide NOT to post.  Saves time and bandwidth too.
Like I said; that's what I figured the first time I saw it, but when I posted it turned up as an invalid attachment. I then assumed that the grey square meant something wasn't right, although in hindsight it was probably just over the file size limit.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:44:54 »
a-hah! a bug.

yes, it should give an explicit error message instead of just farting

note to self: attachment error messages

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 04:41:17 »
I'm tired of getting blank PM notification emails! Why has this issue which has been happening since R00TW0RM not yet been fixed?!

You have just been sent a personal message by REDACTED on geekhack.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Reply to this Personal Message here: REDACTED

What's the point of having PM notifications if they are blank?

EDIT: Alright, it's been 3 times this hour...
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 05:31:25 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 07:56:51 »
My PM notifications work.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 08:11:10 »
Good for you, mine have been borked since R00TW0RM...
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 09:01:40 »
yes, am aware of this issue. this one is somewhere deep inside SMF. will fix once i can repro

Offline biochem

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:17:21 »
I also have been getting some blank pm notifications. PMs with quoted text at the beginning of the message give a blank notification. PMs without quoted text or quoted text at the end of the message work just fine. Hope this helps.
Filco MJ2 tenkeyless (blues)
Heatware

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:37:23 »
Nope, that aint it. I just looked and I had 3 in a row without any quotes.
R.I.P.ster

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 18:48:51 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:16:10 by esoomenona »

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 20:19:08 »
Once you are viewing posts there is a button to view threads started.  The tapatalk thing is nothing we have control over since it's just a plugin.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 20:29:08 »
Oh, ok. Thanks for the responce Alaricljs!

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 01:22:20 »
Yeah, here is another one for inconsistent PMs-

Most PMs get forwarded to my email. Yay
Some now apparently don't. Boo

In the recent past I too have received (seemingly at random) blank PMs.
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 01:58:11 »
Same here with them blank pm email glitch.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:32:13 »
I just thought of something. When I get the blank PMs I often get them in succession as if something is happening in the forum software for a period of time.
R.I.P.ster

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:08:51 »
I'm getting an HTTP error 500 every time I try to post a thread in the Classifieds section. Is this normal? When I resend the data I'm getting an error saying something like "this post has already been submitted", so I guess it registers somewhere. When I go back to the post only one of my five attachments is left, so I'm thinking that it has something to do with this.

Don't know if this qualifies for some kind of bug report though. :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:20:07 »
Past couple of days I've gotten errors from the web server and the load balancer and (once) a "can't connect to the db" error.

Seemed like load problems from the outside.

I do this for a living.  Send me mail if you'd like any more cooks in your kitchen.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:22:02 »
I got one yesterday and one today as well.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 11:25:19 »
Thanks.  Yes, we've been seeing some performance issues on the DB lately.  We're looking into it.
Russ

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 17:55:04 »
yep I definitely had it as well as m00nshake yesterday when we were chatting.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 19:05:23 »
my pet theory is that the other drive on the machine is failing, by the way.

ps, we need money. please oh god please buy a geekhack pack :(

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 19:46:22 »

Are the out yet as I was planning on it!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:22:58 »

If you organized another benefit auction I would donate my extras.  Maybe even one of my clacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 20:47:21 »
The "leave words uncensored" option shows up in the default theme, but not in nostalgia, as shown here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37127.msg721816#msg721816

I've been wondering why I can't find that option anywhere (using nostalgia).

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 23:46:38 »
That's weird, since they are based on the same template.  I'll take a look.
Russ

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 10:26:30 »
If we are talking about the nostalgia theme there is another bug that bugs me. The "viewing this topic" area is missing, so I have to go into IE Tab to see it.

R.I.P.ster

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 10:59:25 »
Thanks...again they share the template for that too.  Odd.
Russ

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 12:11:08 »
Images with transparency don't show up at all..

edit: Ok, apparently they did. They don't show up properly in preview at least... :-[

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 12:12:20 »
No images that you are uploading are shown in preview.  The upload doesn't happen until you post the message.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 09:20:14 »
No images that you are uploading are shown in preview.  The upload doesn't happen until you post the message.

They are not hosted on Geekhack though