Author Topic: Keycap Set Color Scheme Archive  (Read 217058 times)

Offline xavierblak

Re: Keycap Set Color Scheme Archive
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 17:45:31 »
Well one option to back up the page would be to in Chrome/FireFox. Choose "Save Page As...", make sure you have "Complete web page" selected and it will save the html from the page plus make a directory will all the images from the page.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 07:34:25 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:05:20 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:01:17 »
Sindarin and Sanctuary are good, I think.

Also, based on key-something and Xavierblack's bbcode template:

Code: [Select]
[size=14pt][b]Name: [/b][/size]
[b]AKA:[/b]
[img width=500]**representative image**[/img]
Click for more information:
[more]
[b]Produced:[/b]
[b]Manufactured By:[/b]
[b]Bought from:[/b]
[b]Creator(s):[/b]
[b]Material:[/b]
[b]Profile:[/b]
[b]Color Description:[/b]
[b]Font/Legend:[/b]
[b]Original Post:[/b]
[b]Photos:[/b][more]
[img width=500][/img]
[/more]
[br]
[b]CGI Renders:[/b][more]
[br]
[img width=500][/img]
[/more]
[br]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]
[b]Author of this Entry:[/b]
[/more]
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 10:45:40 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 10:41:46 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:05:34 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:02:08 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:05:46 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:24:36 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:54:10 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:43:33 »
Name: Lily
AKA:

-Photocredits: yicaoyimu
More
Produced: Yes.
Manufactured By: Signature Plastics
Bought from: techkeys.us | http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/lily-set
Creator(s): Boilermaker (techkeys.us)
Material: Doubleshot ABS
Profile: DCS
Color Description: RCJ - CAP, RDA - LEGENDS, WFK - BASE
Font/Legend: 7bit Legends
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44481.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredit: Boilermaker

Other Notes:
Author of this Entry: Krogenar

Name: Hyper Fuse
AKA:

-Photocredit: BunnyLake
More
Produced: No.
Bought from: Groupbuy | http://codesbuys.com/en/buys/archive
Creator(s): BunnyLake, possibly in association with Ctrl Alt store.
Profile: Available in DCS and DSA profiles -- only known GB to do this so far.
Color Description: Alphas: light grey (GTL) with purple (RDA) legends. | Mods: dark grey (GD) with cyan blue (VBV) legends.
Font/Legend: WYSE? (unsure, need confirmation)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48514.0
Photos:
More
-Photocredit: ---

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: This color scheme is being offered in both DCS and DSA profiles. BunnyLake: "1. The usage of tooling for stepped key was allowed by OTD. 2. The OTD's policy is not to make any profit with the group buy. So please do not participate in the group buy for the purpose of selling at higher price." From web store: "A prefix often used in scientific and technical words, to denote something above or beyond the usual, normal, expected, or healthy level. Sometimes used to mean extreme or specifically "more than super-". Extended tsangan kit includes mods with "Hyper" and "Fuse". Also the GB offered color-coordinated (blue) USB cable.

Name: Toxic
AKA:

-Photocredit: danielucf
More
Bought from: Groupbuy
Creator(s): danielucf
Color Description: danielucf: "The colors will be GX for the dark grey color, and what I will call "TOX" for now (Probably going to be VDA at SP), which is a custom brighter green color we have custom ordered for this set."
Font/Legend: Cherry Replica
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38241.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Is this the only known GB to include a custom mixed color from SP? danielucf: "This will start collecting money shortly after the first Cherry replica set finishes collecting money. It will be Cherry legends. Who needs to vote? This is a keytatorship."

Name: 23 Commando
AKA:

-Photocredit: jil_jil32
More
Creator(s): jil_jil32
Material: Doubleshot ABS, with some keys being pad printed, but matched to SP color chips.
Profile: SA, full set with different row profiles. Matte finish top.
Color Description: Base part: Brown TBN on Beige GAW | Modifier part: Brown TBN on Green VF
Font/Legend: Same legends as Round 4 from deskthority.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.0
Photos:
More

-Photocredits: jil_jil32

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: ---
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 13:17:41 by Krogenar »
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:44:15 »
I'm updating the second post right now, it's a bit behind. I'm going from 1st page to last page since we missed some, so don't worry, I know for example that Ragnarok is not up to date even though I just included it. However, if you post images, please state their sources. I do not feel comfortable using the work of somebody else without giving them credit for it.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:53:52 »
I'm updating the second post right now, it's a bit behind. I'm going from 1st page to last page since we missed some, so don't worry, I know for example that Ragnarok is not up to date even though I just included it. However, if you post images, please state their sources. I do not feel comfortable using the work of somebody else without giving them credit for it.

*sigh* Ok, I figure it's probably more important to get the entries up and 90+% right, and that most people wouldn't mind if their photos are used -- they did post them to the Internet, after all. I'll see if I can attribute every photo for you. Otherwise, just delete the photos if you think that's the wise decision.
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:57:49 »
You have permission to use any of my photos!

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:08:40 »
*sigh* Ok, I figure it's probably more important to get the entries up and 90+% right, and that most people wouldn't mind if their photos are used -- they did post them to the Internet, after all. I'll see if I can attribute every photo for you. Otherwise, just delete the photos if you think that's the wise decision.

Theres nothing to sigh about. Just write their names under the photos. Yes they did post them on the internet, but does that mean we shouldn't say "thank you" in some way? I mean we also write the authors of each entry under it.

That is very kind of you ;) I will still give you credit if we use one of your images :p

Another request: Don't put too many images in each entry, reloading the first page already takes a bit because of all the images :-X I think 2 or 3 should usually be enough.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:22:39 »

Theres nothing to sigh about.

Sure there is -- seems, well, petty and silly to insist on that before placing the entries into the lineup. One of the Keepers more recent declarations was to "get stuff done". Well, I'm getting it done! Have I missed the occasional umlat? Almost certainly. But the point of this exercise was that it wouldn't be an exercise -- it would get done. How about this, as a compromise: if someone says, "Hey! That's my image!" we attribute it.

Quote from: Bluebear
Just write their names under the photos. Yes they did post them on the internet, but does that mean we shouldn't say "thank you" in some way? I mean we also write the authors of each entry under it.

Okay, well, I'll get around to it when I've got more time. I'll defer to Capt (Archbishop of the Keepers) on whether these entries require attribution before inclusion. In the future, I'll be sure to attribute everything. As for sighing -- I sigh when it suits me. Sometimes I even throw my arms out when I do it. ;)

That is very kind of you ;) I will still give you credit if we use one of your images :p

And here I was expecting to hear from Ray's lawyer. Again, I don't think the purpose of the Color Scheme Archive was to be an attribution engine. It was to get images of the schemes up there for viewing. Ray, still enjoying your avatar. Voltan rocks.

Photo Attributed to: 'Den of Geek': http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/flash-gordon/13461/great-dvd-commentaries-brian-blessed-on-flash-gordon
All Zoltan imagery trademarked by Universal Studios.

Quote from: Bloobear
Another request: Don't put too many images in each entry, reloading the first page already takes a bit because of all the images :-X I think 2 or 3 should usually be enough.

I'm just putting them all in here as an experiment. Break them out into categories if that makes sense. Maybe break them out by colors, or maybe by whether they actually exist or are just proposed color schemes.
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:43:22 »
I think you misunderstood me a bit.

Sure there is -- seems, well, petty and silly to insist on that before placing the entries into the lineup. One of the Keepers more recent declarations was to "get stuff done". Well, I'm getting it done! Have I missed the occasional umlat? Almost certainly. But the point of this exercise was that it wouldn't be an exercise -- it would get done. How about this, as a compromise: if someone says, "Hey! That's my image!" we attribute it.

I competly agree! After all, this is a workshop. It was a please, and I did add the sources on the entries I just added. It isn't too bad if we add the sources later, however the "source code" of the second post is already very long and adding the sources later just takes up more time imo.

Okay, well, I'll get around to it when I've got more time. I'll defer to Capt (Archbishop of the Keepers) on whether these entries require attribution before inclusion. In the future, I'll be sure to attribute everything.

I was just talking about the photos, nothing else.

Again, I don't think the purpose of the Color Scheme Archive was to be an attribution engine. It was to get images of the schemes up there for viewing.

It isn't. But it is still a wiki of some sort.

Also: [.quote=Bloobear] <- not very subtle, try again ;)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:24:35 »
Also: [.quote=Bloobear] <- not very subtle, try again ;)

Subtle? Sorry, I had Calm Depths (aka Bloo) on the brain from earlier in the day. Also, umlauts are the tool of the devil -- much like the metric system.
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:47:36 »
Also, umlauts are the tool of the devil -- much like the metric system.

Äre yöü ßcared? ;D
Alright, I think everything is added now, and I added sources almost everywhere.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:53:25 »
No anchors for you. Pfft.

No... Wait! It will work.

jump to start of Color Scheme Archive

Anchor tags do work.

Jump to Handarbeit
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 21:36:15 by Krogenar »
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 22:40:26 »
Told ya. :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 06:31:40 »
Still missing CCnG

EDIT: and this:
39417-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2013, 06:33:22 by metalliqaz »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:37:12 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:46:16 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:52:30 »
From Sherryton's post for CCnG

Name: Cream Cheese and Green
AKA: CCnG

-Photocredit: Sherryton
More
Produced: Yes, multiple times.
Bought from: Groupbuy, iomania, and techkeys.us
Creator(s): kant1979?
Material: ABS
Profile: Doubleshot DCS
Color Description: Alphas: Green (VBQ) on Cream Cheese (WCK) | Mods: Cream Cheese (WCK) on Green (VBQ)
Font/Legend: WYSE
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40610.0 | http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29325.0
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: yicaoyimu

-Photocredit: iArson

-Photocredit: clstyle

-Photocredit: mashby

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredit: kaporkle

-Photocredit: unknown

Other Notes: Sherryton: "This was a special order made by the owner of iomania, and I think he also owns KBDMania.  Before moldings by Signature Plastic were very cheap. It was somewhere around $15-35. I think the guy paid around $25 / legend." Round 2 later made reversed colors available. Seems that a GB was run by Tsangan, then a second round was started by GupGup and then picked up by tjcaustin. For second round of this color scheme, individual kits were referred to as CCoG (Cream Cheese on Green) or GoCC (Green on Cream Cheese).
Author of this Entry: Sherryton, Krogenar
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2013, 08:22:40 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:53:27 »
Still missing CCnG

EDIT: and this:
(Attachment Link)

Working on CCnG, but what's the name of the second set, Orange and Black? Round 4?
More

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:57:49 »
Yes it's Round4, Round3 Orange
Colors from the dskthority wiki are
very dark grey (GX)
orange (OAS)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 08:02:47 »
Some more ideas: OTD's Graphite set, the IMSTO light blue and gray PBTs

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 08:27:58 »
Thanks metalliqaz -- CCnG entry added to my list.

Ok, here's what's left as far as I can see:

Waiting on MKULTRA for Toxic, Lily, Hyper Fuse, and 23 Commando.

That leaves: Graphite, Orangesicle (CCnO), Skidata, Olivetti, Solarized (maybe waiting for them to settle on style?), and Round 3, Round 4 which frankly are puzzling to me. Am I correct in believing that Round 3, and Round 4 each contained multiple sets? Also, as suggested by metalliqaz, IMSTO light blue and gray PBTs -- does IMSTO have a name for these color schemes?

Name: SkiData
AKA:
39469-0
-Photocredit: IvanIvanovich
More
Manufactured By: Cherry
Bought from: Originative released a set based upon this keyboard. | http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40315.msg805336#msg805336
Creator(s): (Kiska Industrial Design)
Material: Key caps are double shots and pad-printed keys from Cherry. The following keys are pad-printed: function keys (front-printing), Break (Pause), Num-Lock, Caps-Lock. -- deskthority entry: http://deskthority.net/wiki/SkiData
Profile: Cherry Cylindrical
Color Description: Orange on Charcoal
Font/Legend: Cherry
Original Post: http://deskthority.net/wiki/SkiData
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: Slavfot

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Still investigating whether this colorway (orange on charcoal) has an homage set of some kind.

Name: Olivetti
AKA:

-Photocredit: tsangan
More
Manufactured By:
Bought from:
Creator(s):
Material:
Profile:
Color Description: Blue Legends on Cream Keys
Font/Legend:
Original Post:
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: Slavfot

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes:
http://i.imgur.com/oZFI0.jpg
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:58:48 by Krogenar »
More

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:07:30 »
Round 3 was dolch colors. Round 4 had several styles. Noir which posted in this thread, spherical which you have, retro style which is similar to soware, and r3 style in classic and orange.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:20:56 »
I just poked around and realized that the Imsto dyesubs were actually released in pretty much every color, so I would say it doesn't count as a distinct colorway.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 19:37:01 »
I kind of like the term 'color way'....
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 20:40:23 »
We've been using colorway for a while now. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:15:36 »
Do you miss the Ragnarok set??

Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 06:23:48 »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 06:28:37 »
We've been using colorway for a while now. :)

Right, but it's new to me.

Page 1 has a lot of the entries now, including Ragnarok.
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:13:56 »
Name: Penumbra
AKA: Semi-Solarized

-Photocredit: Ryan Uber
More
Manufactured By: -
Bought from: -
Creator(s): Ryan Uber
Material: -
Profile: proposed SA.
Color Description: Alphas: Dark Grey (GPA) on Pale Yellow (YCC) | Mods Red (RR), Light Grey (GTL), Sky Blue (BFP), Orange (OAS) and Green (VBQ) onto Dark Blue (BED) -- Legends: Escape is Red, Backspace and Tab are Orange, Shifts are Sky Blue, Return and Caps Lock are Green. Remaining modifiers use Light Grey legends.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49634.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredits: Ryan Uber

Other Notes: Color based upon the Solarized color scheme. This stock "solarized" color scheme would call for white alphas. During the IC phase, many people preferred the Semi-Solarized set (with pale yellow alphas). This "Semi-Solarized" was dubbed 'Penumbra' by user Photoelectric.
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:23:17 »
To Krog, the Keepers, and everyone else, I'm finally back and able to work on this more. Krog, thanks for all your work on this. I'm probably going to borrow this post if you don't mind.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:58:24 »
To Krog, the Keepers, and everyone else, I'm finally back and able to work on this more. Krog, thanks for all your work on this. I'm probably going to borrow this post if you don't mind.

You're very welcome -- it's been an education! I'm going to put two more into that post; Penumbra and SkiData.
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:00:15 »
I see you figured out anchors too :P

They're very nice for navigating large posts that use bbcode.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:18:21 »
Welcome back Captain.

I think the second post now takes too long to load up. I can resize the preview images and upload them somewhere, then it should load a lot faster. What do you guys think?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:22:06 »
I think the second post now takes too long to load up. I can resize the preview images and upload them somewhere, then it should load a lot faster. What do you guys think?

That's a good idea. I think we need a backup like xavierblak and BlueBar are suggested/suggesting for the images. Load time and keeping the images up is something I didn't really think about. It's loading fine for me but maybe we can set the images at like width=300? I think anything smaller and it will be hard to see.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:33:07 »
Can we provision a directory for the images? I like the 500px wide images, but I understand that for others a long load time would defeat the purpose of the archive. The images are the whole point of this, however. What about putting the extended entries (and those additional images) on the second page of the thread, and the main index can host a single representative image, and a link to the extended entry?

Or, we trim down the excess images to make the entries more manageable?

Also, I was thinking -- would it be a good idea to put a PM link in each entry, for corrections? I played around with getting the PM system to insert a subject line, but couldn't suss it out. It would be nice if you could put a "correction" link into each entry, and if you click it then a PM opens up to a designated user, with a subject line such as: "Handarbeit Correction". Or is that overkill? I can make it send to a designated user, but not the subject line.
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:44:13 »
Can we provision a directory for the images? I like the 500px wide images, but I understand that for others a long load time would defeat the purpose of the archive. The images are the whole point of this, however. What about putting the extended entries (and those additional images) on the second page of the thread, and the main index can host a single representative image, and a link to the extended entry?

Your browser should download the images parallel, so while you are still loading the big images that are hidden in the spoilers, you should already be able to see the smaller preview images.

Also, I was thinking -- would it be a good idea to put a PM link in each entry, for corrections? I played around with getting the PM system to insert a subject line, but couldn't suss it out. It would be nice if you could put a "correction" link into each entry, and if you click it then a PM opens up to a designated user, with a subject line such as: "Handarbeit Correction". Or is that overkill? I can make it send to a designated user, but not the subject line.

If there are errors people should just post them in this thread or write a PM to one of the Keepers, I think that would be the easiest way.

Where should I save the preview images? Imgur?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:49:08 »
If there are errors people should just post them in this thread or write a PM to one of the Keepers, I think that would be the easiest way.

I've been using Cap's "Questions/Answers" thread as a model, and over there they try to minimize the discussion that happens in-thread. I figure a link in the entry itself might cut down on the discussion. Or, we have a mod trim out the discussion once it's reached it's conclusion, to keep these sorts of pages squeaky clean?
More

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:50:02 »

AKA:
(Attachment Link)

Bought from: Originative released a set based upon this keyboard. | http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40315.msg805336#msg805336
Material: Key caps are double shots and pad-printed keys from Cherry. The following keys are pad-printed: function keys (front-printing), Break (Pause), Num-Lock, Caps-Lock. -- deskthority entry: http://deskthority.net/wiki/SkiData
Profile: Cherry? Cherry (Cylindrical)
Font/Legend: WYSE, presumably. Cherry
Photos

The red text lines above need to have the crossed out text changed to what I put in green to be correct. Pretty much everything it says under the Dolch entry on page 1 is what it should also say for SkiData
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:58:56 »

Name: Yolch
AKA:
Show Image

(Render by Bueller)

Manufactured By: --
Bought from: --
Creator(s): bueller, August 21, 2013 -- appeared in Calm Depths IC thread.
Material: --
Profile: --
Color Description: Black, Grey and Yellow
Font/Legend: --
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47334.msg1007580#msg1007580
Photos:

CGI Renders:

Show Image

Other Notes: Did not garner enough votes to go into production.

this one needs some corrections too as the original idea came from Elrick and I made the renders and named it yolch http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39280.msg893482#msg893482

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:59:22 »

AKA:
(Attachment Link)

Profile: Cherry? Cherry (Cylindrical)
Font/Legend: WYSE, presumably. Cherry
Photos

The red text lines above need to have the crossed out text changed to what I put in green to be correct. Pretty much everything it says under the Dolch entry on page 1 is what it should also say for SkiData

Updated. Thank you!
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:00:27 »
I've been using Cap's "Questions/Answers" thread as a model, and over there they try to minimize the discussion that happens in-thread. I figure a link in the entry itself might cut down on the discussion. Or, we have a mod trim out the discussion once it's reached it's conclusion, to keep these sorts of pages squeaky clean?

Although keeping the thread clean is a good idea I don't think it matters in this case. We have five posts at the first page reserved (and I think we can squeeze some more in if needed) so all relevant info should be able to get saved in there. Everything beyond that would just be open discussion. Or do you want something else on the later pages?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:08:03 »

Extended entries are fine now but it's a bit of pain to hunt down later. I would rather just have the archive all in the first five entries and the discussion behind like BlueBar said. I'm forced to the do the extended entries with Simple Questions because of how large it is and my lack of preparation when I first started it (I only grabbed the OP).

I think PMing one of the Keepers or just posting here like Flynn did works fine. Agree with BlueBar.

I think Imgur is our best bet. It seems to have the highest bandwidth capacity.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 16:27:19 »

Extended entries are fine now but it's a bit of pain to hunt down later. I would rather just have the archive all in the first five entries and the discussion behind like BlueBar said. I'm forced to the do the extended entries with Simple Questions because of how large it is and my lack of preparation when I first started it (I only grabbed the OP).

I think PMing one of the Keepers or just posting here like Flynn did works fine. Agree with BlueBar.

I think Imgur is our best bet. It seems to have the highest bandwidth capacity.

I have recently exceeded my imgur free image quota, and it is hiding some of my images :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 10:47:39 »
Ok, updated with the table of contents and info that Krog added. Please check it out and let me know if the Table of Contents is working well and if we're missing anything.

Also, the second post hit the 40k character limit. We might need to start pushing all the links to bit.ly or goo.gl.

Edit: At a quick glance, I think we're missing this and this from R3/R4 and this. Think MKULTRA has some stuff coming too?
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2013, 10:50:52 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 09:38:03 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:10:10 »
Name: Cherry Replica Set
AKA:

-Photocredit: i3oilermaker
More
Creator(s): i3oilermaker
Color Description: Mods: Orange (ON) with White Legends, Alphas: White with Orange Polycarb Legends.
Font/Legend: Cherry Replica Font
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50292.0 | Cherry Replica Legend Fundraising Thread
Photos:
More

-Photocredits: i3oilermaker

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredits: i3oilermaker

Other Notes: The first GB to be make using the Cherry Replica legends. Toxic Set is another set that was postponed until these legends became available. Originally there were going to be 'webbed' orange polycarb, but because each keys varied a bit too much, it didn't look good as a complete set, and this idea was abandoned in favor of a solid white base and a distinct orange polycarb legend. Also, the GeekHack Nostalgia set also uses the Cherry Replica Legends.

Name: 23 Commando
AKA:

-Photocredit: aggiejy
More
Material: Doubleshot ABS, with some keys being pad printed, but matched to SP color chips.
Profile: SA, full set with different row profiles. Matte finish top.
Color Description: Base part: Brown TBN on Beige GAW | Modifier part: Brown TBN on Green VF
Font/Legend: Same legends as Round 4 from deskthority.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: ---

Name: RainDrop

-Photocredit: Aggiejy
More
Produced: Yes, May 2013
Bought From: Group Buy and TechKeys.us
Creator(s): aggiejy, jdcarpe
Method / Material: Double-shot ABS
Color Description: White (WFK) and Blue (BFP)
Font/Legend WYSE Font and 7Bit/Custom Legends
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40520.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Created after the idea of a Cream Cheese and Blue set was teased.
Author of this Entry: CPTBadAss

Name: Retro DSA

(Picture from Megnin)
More
Produced: Yes
Bought From: Group Buy and TechKeys.us
Creator(s): Matt3o and Samwisekoi
Profile: DSA
Color Description: Green (WA-on-VAV), Brown (WA-on-TBN) and Plum (WA-on-RBC)
Font/Legend: Gorton Modified
Original Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40175.0
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: Krogenar
CGI Renders/Mockups:
More
Other Notes: Inspired by color scheme of the Commodore64 keyboard. Multiple kits including Nostalgia (grey), ISO and reverse colors were available. Matt3o: "We are grateful to the otd.kr community that allowed us to use their DSA 1.75 stepped key tooling for this group buy. Thanks guys, you rock!"

Name: Handarbeit

(Picture credits shown below)
More
Produced: Only 2 sets are known of
Manufactured By: Cherry/GMK
Bought From: Not readily available
Creators(s): Cherry
Profile: Cherry (Cylindrical)
Color Description: Red, blue, yellow, purple, pink, green, teal, orange, mint
Font/Legend: Cherry (Cylindrical)
Original Post: http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17
Photos:
More
Other Notes: Handarbeit is German for handmade or handwork. Two of these keyboards (Cherry G81-3000) exist,they were only engineering examples.
Source: http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/custom-handerbeit-cherry-corp-g81-3000-hbd-with-doubleshots-t1118.html
Author of this Entry: BlueBär/Krogenar

Name: Red Alert

(Image borrowed from Permeability)
Click for more information
More
AKA: Rebel Red Alert, Red Alert 2.0, Klaxon
Bought from: Group Buys
Creators(s): sixty/Uranium; Ragnorock; tjcaustin
Profile: SP DCS
Color Description: White (WFK) and Red (RBV), Grey (GAL) supplement; WFK/RBV/GAL; WFK/RDD/GA
Font/Legend Rebel: WYSE font, Isotherm font and sixty/Uranium Custom Legends; RA 2.0 & Klaxon: WYSE font
Original Post: Rebel Red Alert | Red Alert Round 2 | Klaxon
Photo:
More

CGI Renders/Mockups:
Other Notes: Rebel Red Alert was a joint Deskthority/OTD group buy, had symbol-only modifiers, with a 170-key base set. An "experimental" add-on kit was available, with 18 keys. The base set included a contrasting white-on-red number row done up in SP's Isotherm font legends, and red-on-beige modifiers. Ragnorock's Red Alert 2.0 group buy set included an option for white-on-red modifiers. And most recently, tjcaustin's Klaxon group buy, which included the option for white-on-red  and red-on-grey alphas.
Author of this Entry: jdcarpe

Name: Dolch

-Photocredit: Deskthority Wiki
More
Produced: 1990s, 2013
Manufactured By: Cherry Corp./Dolch, GMK
Bought from: Originative
Creator(s): Dolch/Cherry then Sherryton (via GMK)
Method / Material: Doubleshot ABS
Color Description: GMK Color Codes CC (Alphas), N9 (Mods), CP (Font/Legends)
Font/Legend: Cherry
Photos:
More

Other Notes: Dolch Pac keyboard info

Name: Miami

-Photocredit: HendyZone
More
Produced: DOB Sept 2013
Creator(s): BunnyLake and Boost
Material: Double-shot ABS
Color Description: BBQ and RCR
Original Post: Miami GB
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: shrapneL

CGI Renders/Mockups: (Links for photos here. Please use inline images.)
Other Notes: Boost tried to run a GB which ended up being canceled.
Author of this Entry: Tym

Name: SoWaRe
AKA: Sora or Sky in Japanese (So) WYSE (Wa) Replica (Re)

-Photocredit: remedyhalopc
More
Creator(s): OTD.kr
Method / Material: ABS
Color Description: alpha (BFQ on GSL), mods (BFQ on GTD), arrows (YY on GTD) (these are my best guesses based on the info I could find)
Font/Legend WYSE
Original Post:
Photos:
More

Image borrowed from remedyhalopc
Other Notes: Bundled with The Cheat (Korean custom) keyboard. This was intended to be a WYSE replica but the colors, most notably the blue legends, were selected incorrectly. Name information found here
Author of this Entry: xavierblak

Name: Valentine

-Photocredit: jiljil32
More
Produced: Yes. Started August 2012, roughly ending December of that year.
Bought from: Groupbuy.
Color Description: White (WFK) and Pink (RCR) and unknown dark red for specialty keys. Light Pink Modifier set White (WFK) onto Light Pink (RCS)
Font/Legend: WYSE font.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34452.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Included ISO set, lighter pink modifier set, and multiple unique single keys.

Name: Round 4 - Spherical
AKA: SPH set, space cadet

(Pictures borrowed from rknize)
More
Produced: Group Buy
Bought from: Group Buy
Creator(s): 7bit
Profile: SA
Color Description: alpha (beige TN on grey GD), mods (beige TN on blue BFP)
Font/Legend: ? same as Round 3
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20485.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: One of four styles avaiable in the Round 4 group buy. Design is based on the
space-cadet keyboard.
Author of this Entry: xavierblak

Name: Wyse

-Photocredit: metalliqaz
More
Produced: Yes, Vintage
Manufactured By: Wyse, Pre-SP
Bought from: N/A
Creator(s): Wyse
Method / Material: ABS
Color Description: Very light gray with dark blue legends, gray modifiers, yellow arrow legends.
Font/Legend: Wyse
Original Post: N/A
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: DanGWanG

Other Notes: One of four styles avaiable in the Round 4 group buy. Design is based on the space-cadet keyboard.
Author of this Entry: metalliqaz

Name: Triumph Adler

(Photo by phetto)
More
Produced: Yes, Vintage
Manufactured By: N/A
Bought from: N/A
Creator(s): N/A
Method / Material: PBT
Color Description: Light gray with blue legends. Other variants: Light gray with green legends, or black legends with details in light blue or orange. NOTE: The image referenced about by phetto can be seen, and is being discussed here -- some argue that the original color is not as 'tealish' as seen here.
Font/Legend: Very close to Cherry
Original Post: N/A
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: Kurrk of Deskthority

-Photocredit(s): precarious

Other Notes: Available in a variety of languages. You can get them from some Triumph Adler typewriters, they also show up on some Royal typewriters.
Author of this Entry: BlueBär

Name: Sanctuary
AKA:

More
Bought from: Groupbuy, also possibly through Originative store?
Creator(s): Hazeluff
Profile: Hazeluff: "They are doubleshot and are slightly higher than the Cherry's profiles."
Color Description: Red on Dark Grey
Font/Legend:
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=32969.0 | http://deskthority.net/geekhacker-refugee-camp-f30/sanctuary-keyset-t3362.html
Photos:
More

-Photocredit(s): unknown

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Scheme seems to have been inspired by video game 'Diablo'.

Name: Coffee
AKA:

-Photocredit(s): KeyPop
More
Produced: Yes, March of 2013.
Bought from: Pre-order was available, direct purchase afterwards.
Creator(s): KeyPop
Color Description: Brown and Cream -- *** More information needed on SP color codes.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41089.0 | http://www.keypop.net/product/pre-order-coffee-set
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Not sure about the actual SP color chips used in this set. It was available for pre-order to GH members, and then went on sale afterwards. Available only in

a TKL version -- no numberpad set was available for sale. Included several custom caps.

Name: Turtle Power
AKA:

-Photocredit(s): techkeys.us
More
Produced: Yes, roughly May of 2013
Bought from: Available as GB, then offered through website.
Creator(s): Boilermaker / techkeys.us
Color Description: Alphas: Green (VCS) on Yellow (YCG), Mods: Light Green (VAT) on Green (VCS)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43728.30 | http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/turtle-power-set
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Options included four colored "mask" keys.

Name: Ragnarok
AKA:

More
Produced: Yes, completed roughly March of 2012.
Creator(s): Ragnorock ("rescued 'blood set' from Round 4"?)
Color Description: Red (RA) on Black (NN)
Font/Legend: Assuming WYSE -- doublecheck.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=27473.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders: None found.
More

Other Notes: Ragnorock: "The specific color code is RA on NN, exactly the same as the Terran keycap from the SC2 group buy (the inspiration behind this.)"
Author of this Entry: BlueBär/Krogenar

Name: Bumble Bee
AKA:

More
Manufactured By: Keypop.net
Bought from: Groupbuy and Vendor.
Creator(s): Keypop.net
Color Description: Black (GX) and Yellow (YY)
Font/Legend: WYSE? Unsure.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46824.0 | http://www.keypop.net/product/bumblebee-set
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Set included a special keycap box that keypop plans on selling separately, option to buy a translucent yellow spacebar, and several bumblebee-inspired: hornet, honeycomb and skull-and-crossbones keycaps.

Name: Cream Cheese and Green
AKA: CCnG

-Photocredit: Sherryton
More
Produced: Yes, multiple times.
Bought from: Groupbuy, iomania, and techkeys.us
Creator(s): kant1979?
Color Description: Alphas: Green (VBQ) on Cream Cheese (WCK) | Mods: Cream Cheese (WCK) on Green (VBQ)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40610.0 | http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29325.0
Photos:
More

-Photocredit: yicaoyimu

-Photocredit: iArson

-Photocredit: clstyle

-Photocredit: mashby

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredit: unknown

Other Notes: Sherryton: "This was a special order made by the owner of iomania, and I think he also owns KBDMania.  Before moldings by Signature Plastic were very cheap. It was somewhere around $15-35. I think the guy paid around $25 / legend." Round 2 later made reversed colors available. Seems that a GB was run by Tsangan, then a second round was started by GupGup and then picked up by tjcaustin. For second round of this color scheme, individual kits were referred to as CCoG (Cream Cheese on Green) or GoCC (Green on Cream Cheese).
Author of this Entry: Sherryton, Krogenar

Name: Lily
AKA:

More
Bought from: techkeys.us | http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/lily-set
Creator(s): Boilermaker (techkeys.us)
Color Description: RCJ - CAP, RDA - LEGENDS, WFK - BASE
Font/Legend: 7bit Legends
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44481.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredit: Boilermaker

Other Notes:

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:06:00 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 13:36:42 »
Name: Penumbra
AKA: Semi-Solarized

-Photocredit: Ryan Uber
More
Manufactured By: -
Bought from: -
Creator(s): Ryan Uber
Material: -
Profile: proposed SA.
Color Description: Alphas: Dark Grey (GPA) on Pale Yellow (YCC) | Mods Red (RR), Light Grey (GTL), Sky Blue (BFP), Orange (OAS) and Green (VBQ) onto Dark Blue (BED) -- Legends: Escape is Red, Backspace and Tab are Orange, Shifts are Sky Blue, Return and Caps Lock are Green. Remaining modifiers use Light Grey legends.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49634.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

-Photocredits: Ryan Uber

Other Notes: Color based upon the Solarized color scheme. This stock "solarized" color scheme would call for white alphas. During the IC phase, many people preferred the Semi-Solarized set (with pale yellow alphas). This "Semi-Solarized" was dubbed 'Penumbra' by user Photoelectric.

Name: White Valentine

-Photocredit: jiljil32
More
Bought from: Groupbuy, pending.
Color Description: Pink (RCR) on White (WFK) / Modifiers are Pink (RCR) on Grey (GSL) and White (WFK) on Pink (RCR)
Font/Legend: Not sure, large font for alphas.
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49198.msg1061449#msg1061449
Photos:
More
None yet.

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: jil_jil32: "First time ever you will have a set with proper row profile for the DCS family. The set will have the row profile like this:
Esc row - ROW5
~ 1 2 3 row - ROW1
Tab row  - ROW2
Caps row - ROW3
Shift row - ROW4
Ctrl row - ROW4
http://Author of this Entry:

Krogenar

Name: Straight Up House Tully
AKA: Krogenar's Color Scheme

-Photocredit(s): Krogenar
More
Creator(s): Krogenar
Color Description: Alphas: Black (NN) on Salmon (RCU) | Mods: Salmon (RCU) on Blue (BE)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47334.msg1008392#msg1008392
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: "Screw you all and your excessively Dolchy-ness keyboard color schemes!" -Krogenar
[/br]

Name: Calm Depths
AKA: Bloo (needs confirmation)

-Photocredit(s): CalmB4tehPwn
More
Bought from: Groupbuy.
Creator(s): CalmB4tehPwn
Profile: Doubleshot SA
Color Description: Alphas: Sky Blue (BBQ) on Dark Blue (BFR) | Mods: Sky Blue (BBQ) on Dark Blue-Gray (GTA)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48214.msg1032276#msg1032276 | IC: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47334.msg1007200#msg1007200
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Followed a long IC gathering lots of input from the community, which generated a lot of color schemes. Used SA profiling scheme developed by the 23 Commando groupbuy.

Name: Yolch
AKA:

-Photocredit(s): bueller
More
Creator(s): Originally conceived by Elrick, rendered by inlikeflynn -  August 21, 2013 -- appeared in Calm Depths IC thread.
Color Description: Black, Grey and Yellow
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47334.msg1007580#msg1007580
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Did not garner enough votes to go into production.

Name: Geekhack 60% Nostalgia
AKA:

-Photocredit(s): BunnyLake
More
Bought from: GB
Creator(s): BunnyLake
Color Description: Orange (OAS) and Black (NN) (was originally TAA, but changed to NN)
Font/Legend: Cherry Replica Legends
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49655.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Notable for using GH themed 'Nostalgia' forum theme colors, and being exclusively for 60% keyboards, and also for having a single kit that includes everything needed (ISO, Tsangan?, etc.).

Name: Sindarin
AKA:

-Photocredit(s): Matt3o
More
Bought from: See Notes.
Creator(s): Matt3o and Samwisekoi
Method / Material: Dyesub PBT
Color Description: Matt3o: "GREEN PBT VCG, PEARL PBT GDM, Spacebar GREEN ABS VCJ"
Font/Legend: Sindarin (Elvish)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35842.0 | http://65.111.241.205/index.php?topic=38264.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

proposed color variations during Interest Check phase:

Other Notes: Samwisekoi: "It is with some considerable sadness that we have decided we must cancel this Group Buy. Among other things, surprise multi-thousand-dollar charges have popped up, and we can't sustain it. If anyone really, really wants Sindarin/Elvish keycaps, we would be happy to send a copy of the layout file over to WASD Keyboards.  They have indicated to me that they can laser etch sets onto their customizable ABS keycaps." This proposed set is notable for not containing ANY alphanumeric characters at all.

Name: Hyper Fuse
AKA:

-Photocredit: BunnyLake
More
Bought from: Groupbuy | http://codesbuys.com/en/buys/archive
Creator(s): BunnyLake, possibly in association with Ctrl Alt store.
Profile: Available in DCS and DSA profiles -- only known GB to do this so far.
Color Description: Alphas: light grey (GTL) with purple (RDA) legends. | Mods: dark grey (GD) with cyan blue (VBV) legends.
Font/Legend: WYSE? (unsure, need confirmation)
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48514.0
Photos:
More
-Photocredit: ---

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: This color scheme is being offered in both DCS and DSA profiles. BunnyLake: "1. The usage of tooling for stepped key was allowed by OTD. 2. The OTD's policy is not to make any profit with the group buy. So please do not participate in the group buy for the purpose of selling at higher price." From web store: "A prefix often used in scientific and technical words, to denote something above or beyond the usual, normal, expected, or healthy level. Sometimes used to mean extreme or specifically "more than super-". Extended tsangan kit includes mods with "Hyper" and "Fuse". Also the GB offered color-coordinated (blue) USB cable.

Name: Toxic
AKA:

More
Creator(s): danielucf
Color Description: danielucf: "The colors will be GX for the dark grey color, and what I will call "TOX" for now (Probably going to be VDA at SP), which is a custom brighter green color we have custom ordered for this set."
Font/Legend: Cherry Replica
Original Post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38241.0
Photos:
More

CGI Renders:
More

Other Notes: Is this the only known GB to include a custom mixed color from SP? danielucf: "This will start collecting money shortly after the first Cherry replica set finishes collecting money. It will be Cherry legends. Who needs to vote? This is a keytatorship."

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:04:06 by Krogenar »
More