Author Topic: Tablet pens that work with intuos  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Jaky

Tablet pens that work with intuos
« on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 14:30:19 »
Could someone please tell me if any pen will work with my intuos (bamboo)? I wanted the samsung S pen that uses Wacom digitizer, but I think they only work with galaxy notes... I just want a pen that is thin and the stock intuos pen isn't like that of an old bamboo style pen. It's more bulky, so that sucks. :<

(ignore my other thread ) :-[
poker 2 red | shine 3 (yellow) brown | corsair K70 blue
 ^_^ zinc keys <3

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Tablet pens that work with intuos
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 15:30:29 »
As far as I know only Intuos pens work with Intuos tablets, I'm not even sure if older Intuos pens will work with the current model.

Offline tufty

Re: Tablet pens that work with intuos
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 00:49:31 »
<snipped from your other thread>

Could someone please tell me if any pen will work with my intuos (bamboo)? I wanted the samsung S pen that uses Wacom digitizer, but I think they only work with galaxy notes... I just want a pen that is thin and the stock intuos pen isn't like that of an old bamboo style pen. It's more bulky, so that sucks. :<
No, Wacom tools are more-or-less locked to the series of tablets they came with, with a few exceptions.

What you probably want is the "classic" or "slim" pen, which is available as a separate purchase from Wacom, or off fleabay as long as you're careful about what model you get.  If it's an intuos 1 tablet that you have (model number starting with GD), I'll happily swap a classic pen for a fatter pen.

"Full price" classic pens start at $50 for the Intuos 3 range, $70 for the Intuos 4/5/Pro/Cintiq.