Author Topic: RS84 version3 75% kit (Salvage Update)  (Read 105389 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: RS84 version3 75% kit
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:26:54 »
nicolas / ivan better get the **** on here real soon

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:29:29 »
Better get Eric up in here to answer some ****ing questions

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 03:35:31 »
Did he die? Terminally hill?

grow some manners. respect is earned, not given.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:43:17 »
shoot this ******* an email: Mod edit: Personal info removed

I wouldn't bother. Imagine the number of PMs and emails already sent to Ivan. It will just make these GBs longer than they already are.

Just my 2 cents from someone who emailed that address yesterday and got no reply.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:21:42 by byker »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:49:29 »

I wouldn't bother. Imagine the number of PMs and emails already sent to Ivan. It will just make these GBs longer than they already are.

Just my 2 cents from someone who emailed that address yesterday and got no reply.

Wait, are you actually clinging on to hope of these GBs still happening?
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:21:54 by byker »

Offline w00zie

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:52:03 »

Wait, are you actually clinging on to hope of these GBs still happening?

Yes
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:22:05 by byker »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:08:38 »
Guys, it's not OK to post private info like e-mail. Everyone who participated in the GB's knows this e-mail there is no need to do this.
Maybe a mod will edit this. I'm also affected and have a lot of money stuck but there are things that can not be done.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:22:36 »
Removed the personal information. Please do not post personal information. Anyone involved in this group buy should already have the contact information.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:37:55 »
Removed the personal information. Please do not post personal information. Anyone involved in this group buy should already have the contact information.

Sorry about that, I was posting in a fit of rage. Understood.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:30:18 »

Sorry about that, I was posting in a fit of rage. Understood.

Understandable. :) I appreciate the apology.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:25:59 »
IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS GROUP BUY PLEASE READ

More than a reasonable amount of time has passed for Ivan to come forward and explain the situation.
I am now putting together as much evidence as I can to present to the relevant authorities.
I am calling on everyone who has participated in an affected Group Buy to forward me their relevant PayPal transaction details so that we have a solid case if the time calls for it.
The more evidence we gather, the better chance we have of this being taken seriously and getting our money back.

Please send the following:
- Paypal invoice from Ivan for relevant GB
- Paypal receipt from relevant GB
- Your contact details, including name, geekhack username, phone number and address [optional]

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

The more evidence we get the better chance we have of getting our money back.
If any moderator wants to come forward and take sole or shared ownership of this email address for the sake of oversight please PM me.

If any of you are worried about sending me your personal information, please PM me and we can discuss you sending your evidence directly when the time calls for it.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 23:42:34 »
I've sent an update email to everyone who has reached me on the gmail address

If you don't get it for some reason the gist of it is reach out to paypal as soon as possible and file a claim with them

Even though it is outside of the 180 day dispute period if enough people come forward they can investigate Ivan and take action against him

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 03:17:38 »
Damn, looks like Ivan is on a roll here, first ripping everyone off in the Miami Sets section and now here for the 75% Keyboard model as well.

Is there any other Group Buys that he's still involved with?

Time to start conducting an OFFICIAL GEEKHACK STYLE WitchHunt.  Load up your Pitchforks and Light your flame torches because this mongrel has to be hounded into the Gates of Hell for what he's done to all of us here.  Don't know why all the Moderators are busy protecting him here, like he's still considered as their friend.  Any friend that has stolen hundreds of dollars out of my pocket would get bashed against a brick wall for several hours then allowed to crawl back into his hole.

Don't let rip-off merchants get away with such blatant liberties, like stealing hard earned cash and think they'll be loved for it  >:D .

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 07:19:51 »
Damn, looks like Ivan is on a roll here, first ripping everyone off in the Miami Sets section and now here for the 75% Keyboard model as well.

Is there any other Group Buys that he's still involved with?

Time to start conducting an OFFICIAL GEEKHACK STYLE WitchHunt.  Load up your Pitchforks and Light your flame torches because this mongrel has to be hounded into the Gates of Hell for what he's done to all of us here.  Don't know why all the Moderators are busy protecting him here, like he's still considered as their friend.  Any friend that has stolen hundreds of dollars out of my pocket would get bashed against a brick wall for several hours then allowed to crawl back into his hole.

Don't let rip-off merchants get away with such blatant liberties, like stealing hard earned cash and think they'll be loved for it  >:D .

You've been gone a while. The GH witch hunt started about two weeks ago.

He was also running the PBT Dark GB which apparently he has the sets but he's not paid the supplier.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 00:38:10 »
You've been gone a while. The GH witch hunt started about two weeks ago.

He was also running the PBT Dark GB which apparently he has the sets but he's not paid the supplier.

I feel for you guys, lucky I didn't chime in here promoting him about this version 3 keyboard, it would be extremely embarrassing especially now.

Hope it's still viable for you lot here because having the GMK Miami set and this 75% keyboard fail as well, would be criminal without any other words.  The Bastard got away with at least $30'000USD (guessing) so it was extremely lucrative for him to have done this but of course leaving us with nothing but hatred towards him.

Now we are left with broken dreams and distrust towards anybody else, who wants to run any type of future Group Buy here on GH. 

Of course this has been a big win for MassDrop and PMK.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 14:21:56 »
I've sent an update email to everyone who has reached me on the gmail address

If you don't get it for some reason the gist of it is reach out to paypal as soon as possible and file a claim with them

Even though it is outside of the 180 day dispute period if enough people come forward they can investigate Ivan and take action against him

I called PayPal in the UK a few days ago and they wanted literally nothing to do with it regardless of much of a faff I made and just told me to submit a action fraud report.
[WTB] BLANK PINK HHKB ARROW CLUSTER

Offline Wannabe

• Independent Adjudicator
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 10:33:34 »
Paypal says they're not responsible since its outside the dispute window and to submit a complaint to some government agency. My bank says they are not responsible since Paypal is a 3rd party payment processor. They have forms for me to fill out to submit a dispute directly to the merchant, but said it is not likely to do anything, especially if I've already tried submitting disputes directly through Paypal.
I liek keyboards

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 17:50:26 »
Yep paypal aren't even returning my messages anymore regarding the issue

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 09:07:08 »
Yep paypal aren't even returning my messages anymore regarding the issue

Looks like we're done here then :l

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 06:57:35 »
Decided to come back to check on this.

Is everyone overreacting or is it confirmed that this isn't happening?

*sigh*

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 11:39:29 »
Decided to come back to check on this.

Is everyone overreacting or is it confirmed that this isn't happening?

*sigh*

Pretty sure at this point everybody has given up on this and Ivan's other 2 GBs to ever be completed. My bank and Paypal refuse to do anything about it, so I think this GB is dead in the water.
I liek keyboards

Offline 悬壶济世

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 02:37:00 »
找个懂中文的给我翻译一下。
感谢大家喜欢RS键盘,同时很遗憾大家遭受的损失
本来在这个团购中我可以置身事外。但是我还是不希望喜欢RS键盘的朋友遭受损失。
我甚至不知道有多少人遭受损失,所以我不知道是否有能力补偿。
但是我觉得我必须做一点事情。
方案有两种,
1、我提供10个RS84键盘,给遭受损失的人员通过抽签的方式领取。
2、在我的任何一个新团购中给予一次折扣。
问题也有两个,
1、我如何知道遭受损失的人数。
2、需要有一个中间人来处理运输问题,还有国际运费。
再次感谢大家对于RS键盘的支持。同时对遭受损失的人感到遗憾。
大家可以讨论一下解决方案。
或者给我发邮件,717758631@qq.com

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 03:07:57 »
hi 壶总. 帮你翻译了

找个懂中文的给我翻译一下。
感谢大家喜欢RS键盘,同时很遗憾大家遭受的损失
但是我觉得我必须做一点事情。
方案有两种,
2、在我的任何一个新团购中给予一次折扣。
问题也有两个,
1、我如何知道遭受损失的人数。
大家可以讨论一下解决方案。
或者给我发邮件,717758631@qq.com

Thanks guys for liking the RS boards and I feel sorry for the loss that you guys had

Initially I thought I can stay out of this group buy (the GH groupbuy organized by ivan) but I don't wish you guys to suffer from any loss due to that incident.

I don't even know how many of you guys out there are in this so I don't know if I'm able to do anything to refund you guys or something.

However, I feel the need to do something.

two options:

1 - I'll provide 10 RS84 boards for everyone that's in the GB, winner (one board each) is chosen via raffle

2 - I'll provide a one time discount for any other groupbuys after this

I have two questions though:

1 - How can I know how many people suffered loss during the last GB by ivan?

2 - We need a middle man to handle logistics, and to handle international shipping

Thank you guys once again for supporting RS, and I feel sorry once again for anyone who suffered any sort of loss previously.

Let's discuss how can we solve this!

Or, send me an email here: 717758631@qq.com
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2016, 03:13:33 by zennasyndroxx »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 03:08:52 »
找个懂中文的给我翻译一下。
感谢大家喜欢RS键盘,同时很遗憾大家遭受的损失
但是我觉得我必须做一点事情。
方案有两种,
2、在我的任何一个新团购中给予一次折扣。
问题也有两个,
1、我如何知道遭受损失的人数。
大家可以讨论一下解决方案。
或者给我发邮件,717758631@qq.com

"
Please find someone who uses Chinese to translate.
Glad that you like the RS boards, but unfortunately we suffered a loss.
Originally, this buy, I can stay out. But I still do not want someone who like RS keyboard to have a loss.
I don't know how many people this affected, so I don't know if this has the ability to compensate.
I feel like I must do something.
There are two options:

1. I offer 10 RS keyboards to those that was affected by this, by lottery pick.

2. Give discounts on a new buy

There are two problems:

1. How do I know the number of people affected?

2. I need for a middleman to deal with transport, as well as international freight.

Thank you once again for the support for RS keyboards. While people affected think about these options, we can talk about solutions.
Or send me an email, 717758631@qq.com

"

This may not be a correct translation, I just did my best.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 03:13:01 »
need input from you guys regarding this.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 16:37:36 »
Considering the only person with the list of orders is Ivan (and even the order form has been completely deleted now) we would have to get a new list of old participants going with some type of proof they ordered. If the 10 freebies would be getting raffled.

Screen shot from the paypal transaction maybe?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 19:30:53 »
Ive given it some thought and decided that I would like to volunteer to be the middle man to get the 10 kits he has offered raffled out. As this is a VERY generous offer on his part and im not one to sleep on things like this especially with so much money involved and the tension with the whole Ivan thing (and me getting ripped off too!).

I am willing to temporarily absorb shipping costs from him (china) to me in Colorado then distribute them to the winners. Winners will still have to pay 1/10 of the china freight and then shipping to them. But hey, at least this is happening at all! :thumb:

I have constructed a form that requires basic info about your original order and a hosted screenshot of the Paypal "Transaction Details" page for the transaction where you paid Ivan for your order. So that we can verify that you were a legit participant in the original group buy. Emails and PM's have been sent to 悬壶济世 about me voulnteering for this so once I get an OK from him I will get you guys the link to the form.

:thumb:

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #227 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:41:19 »
Interesting.

Nice of him to do that out of his own pocket considering Ivan ran off with every penny.

First we need to know whether the folks affected (what's left of them) want to do the drawing or a discount.

Red, if you wanna run this thing, I can arrange it on this side. PM me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2016, 22:29:46 by LunarisDream »

Offline 悬壶济世

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 02:34:17 »
Ive given it some thought and decided that I would like to volunteer to be the middle man to get the 10 kits he has offered raffled out. As this is a VERY generous offer on his part and im not one to sleep on things like this especially with so much money involved and the tension with the whole Ivan thing (and me getting ripped off too!).

I am willing to temporarily absorb shipping costs from him (china) to me in Colorado then distribute them to the winners. Winners will still have to pay 1/10 of the china freight and then shipping to them. But hey, at least this is happening at all! :thumb:

I have constructed a form that requires basic info about your original order and a hosted screenshot of the Paypal "Transaction Details" page for the transaction where you paid Ivan for your order. So that we can verify that you were a legit participant in the original group buy. Emails and PM's have been sent to 悬壶济世 about me voulnteering for this so once I get an OK from him I will get you guys the link to the form.

:thumb:
Now need to determine the total number of personnel losses.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 10:26:34 »
Interesting.

Nice of him to do that out of his own pocket considering Ivan ran off with every penny.

First we need to know whether the folks affected (what's left of them) want to do the drawing or a discount.

I personally don't have time to run a group buy. I mean shipping 10 boxes is fine as i have access to packing material so this wont end up costing me anything. But I'm not really into shipping more then that, collecting money etc.

How about I add a form entry for "Would you rather have a raffle or a discounted GB." And if we get enough votes then ogranize as i assume he wants to provide discounts to the victims only rather than giving tons of new orders a free ride. I think having the information from the victims about what was lost exactly is beneficial also in multiple ways. I'll be home in a few hours to post the finished form.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 11:49:57 »
Interesting.

I personally don't have time to run a group buy. I mean shipping 10 boxes is fine as i have access to packing material so this wont end up costing me anything. But I'm not really into shipping more then that, collecting money etc.

How about I add a form entry for "Would you rather have a raffle or a discounted GB." And if we get enough votes then ogranize as i assume he wants to provide discounts to the victims only rather than giving tons of new orders a free ride. I think having the information from the victims about what was lost exactly is beneficial also in multiple ways. I'll be home in a few hours to post the finished form.

Aye. Unless we find someone else to organize the GB (if it happens), because I do not have time either on top of what I'm running currently.  :blank:

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 12:07:18 »
Or we just do things like how elton did for duck groupbuys where he just collects the funds for duck and he ships them from Korea?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 12:56:50 »
Or we just do things like how elton did for duck groupbuys where he just collects the funds for duck and he ships them from Korea?

That is fine (if we get enough votes to start a discount group buy for the victims), and I encourage you to take charge and be the funds collector if that happens. The form will determine whether or not I will ship freebies or we find a group buy leader.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 14:16:37 »
RS84 group buy salvage signup form:

http://goo.gl/forms/fDbzHlOJ2Z

The form will stay open for at least a couple weeks

Offline beltet

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 19:13:13 »

That is awesome! Great job!
I'm not affected because I did pull out in the last second. But very very nice for those who was affected.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 00:04:05 »
I have not been active on GH for a long while now, and I really appreciate redbanshee for sending out messages to those of us who posted here. I have filled out the form. Is there anyone else collective information on this failed GB that I should forward screenshots to?

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 00:28:57 »
I have not been active on GH for a long while now, and I really appreciate redbanshee for sending out messages to those of us who posted here. I have filled out the form. Is there anyone else collective information on this failed GB that I should forward screenshots to?

swimingbird is collecting info on all the GB's that ivan ripped off here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73572.msg2107379#msg2107379

if you know anyone that has been in this group buy please let them know about this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2016, 00:31:29 by redbanshee »

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 09:20:18 »

swimingbird is collecting info on all the GB's that ivan ripped off here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73572.msg2107379#msg2107379

if you know anyone that has been in this group buy please let them know about this.

I believe his attempt at submitting a mass complaint with everybody's details to Paypal was unsuccessful. I think the only recourse left would be the local authorities or maybe the IRS, and I think since swimmingbird isn't in the US there's not much he can do on those fronts.
I liek keyboards

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 10:02:11 »

I believe his attempt at submitting a mass complaint with everybody's details to Paypal was unsuccessful. I think the only recourse left would be the local authorities or maybe the IRS, and I think since swimmingbird isn't in the US there's not much he can do on those fronts.

Some people had said they didn't want to report it to the IRS and risk opening a can of worms in regards to groupbuys in general, and I think the local authorities idea fizzled out.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 13:30:41 »

Thus far with the handful of people that have filled out the form, everyone wants to do the raffle instead of a new GB. Just FYI for you guys. 

If you guys know others that have been effected by this GB... PLEASE let them know about this raffle

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 14:07:34 »
I will fill this in tomorrow when I'm back at home. Thanks for sending me a message redbanshee because I haven't been monitoring this anymore.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
Re: RS84 version3 75% kit (Salvage Update)
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 15:14:56 »
When is this salvage form open until? I don't think I will be able to fill it out until Friday at the earliest.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 16:39:21 »
When is this salvage form open until?

I haven't heard back from 悬壶济世 yet about how long we should keep it up. But I would assume at least a few more weeks till June 1 maybe?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 16:56:09 »
When is this salvage form open until?

I haven't heard back from 悬壶济世 yet about how long we should keep it up. But I would assume at least a few more weeks till June 1 maybe?

You just have to set the date and form a community consensus. We can open the buy (or the raffle) whenever.

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 16:42:36 »
Is there a deadline to fill out the google docs form?

I'm in China until May 18 and I cannot access anything google.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:13:47 »
**** I still haven't done this yet.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:28:40 »
Is there a deadline to fill out the google docs form?

I'm in China until May 18 and I cannot access anything google.

Download Lantern. https://getlantern.org/

Offline witbliz

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 04:50:45 »
Will be filling up the form soon !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 13:05:20 »
Sorry to everyone who was affected by this scam. I can't believe someone would do this to such a great community. I myself was not a part of the GB but was wondering if it is possible to get a kit anywhere else as of right now? If anyone knows anything I would really appreciate the help!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 21:35:36 »
I think getting a discount is better than free raffle 10 boards.
So all ivan victim from this gb can atleast get the board or maybe sell his board/spot
I dont know how many ppl join this gb. But if we go with raffle 10 free board it will hurt the other buyers who not get the raffle.
Btw im not joined this gb just give some advice.