Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45349506 times)

Offline LiQuiDs

Re: Nightcaps: MysteryMe@ts 2017 - Sale complete, invoices all sent.
« Reply #16900 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 00:29:52 »
What is "unique" one?    :-*
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #16901 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 01:07:08 »
https://i.imgur.com/7QFNzye.jpg

Look at the bottom, the pink & orange circle are unique/one off. It means there only 1 cap.

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #16902 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 01:22:29 »

Look at the bottom, the pink & orange circle are unique/one off. It means there only 1 cap.

oh... i see..
so some winner can chance to get that one?
thanks for telling me anyway.  :thumb:

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16903 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 01:28:01 »

oh... i see..
A small chance yes :)

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #16904 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 01:37:57 »

oh... i see..

i see...
Im not winner anyway lol
i just want to know, coz im noob.  ;D
thanks!

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #16905 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:06:59 »
 No invoice :(

Hope the next sale isn't too far away!

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #16906 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:08:46 »
No invoice :(

Hope the next sale isn't too far away!
Same :c

Hopefully a Christmas sale? I can't imagine one being any time sooner

Offline Tur1st

• https://vk.com/art.bess
« Reply #16907 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:41:47 »
А series of failures more and more...
It seems that there are those who constantly win.

Audio: MIT ISO-DUO -> Mac Mini -> LynxStudio Hilo -> Beta22 balanced by -> Abyss AB-1266
PC: ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 -> I7-6850k -> Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz 32gb -> x2 KFA 1080 SLI -> SSD Intel 520 120gb (Win10); (Corsair Neutron XTI 1tb) -> iiyama prolite x4071uhsu-b1

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16908 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:44:51 »

oh... i see..

i see...
Im not winner anyway lol
i just want to know, coz im noob.  ;D
thanks!
Of course buddy, always ask! We have all been noobs at some point and the best way to avoid mistakes is to ask :)

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #16909 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:48:07 »
So for those who got at least one bag, you have a 1 in 547 chance of getting what you want (going by potential highest number possible). Talk about some crazy odds!
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16910 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:49:22 »
So for those who got at least one bag, you have a 1 in 547 change of getting what you want (I counted the max total based off his catalog). Talk about some crazy odds!
Hahaha thanks for that dude :)

Can you account the probability of getting a fugthulu if you win 4 blind bags?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16911 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 02:51:39 »
i didn't win
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16912 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 03:14:47 »
Throwback to my first Nightcaps win in 2015 

Can't believe it's been 2 years already
Good times :D <3
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 03:21:33 by GreyAmbience »

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #16913 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 06:39:19 »
Although I didn't win (I cri evry tiem), I would like to say I think this is my favourite way to run a raffle so far.

I'm not a big fan of picking first or second choices etc, chance of winning a one off is too small and risky. With choices, there's too much risk - if I can only afford one cap do I go for the rare one I want knowing I've got no chance or 'settle' for a higher chance of a cap I don't really want?

This way it's pure RNG all the way through and you get to just buy what you can afford and get lucky (or not).

Also it seems like it's easier on ETF - win? Throw x bags in a box and ship.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #16914 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 07:37:12 »
Although I didn't win (I cri evry tiem), I would like to say I think this is my favourite way to run a raffle so far.

I'm not a big fan of picking first or second choices etc, chance of winning a one off is too small and risky. With choices, there's too much risk - if I can only afford one cap do I go for the rare one I want knowing I've got no chance or 'settle' for a higher chance of a cap I don't really want?

This way it's pure RNG all the way through and you get to just buy what you can afford and get lucky (or not).

I'm on the fence about blind box raffles. On the one hand its fun to guess what you may have won and get hyped when you open something really cool, but for every person that gets something amazing/what they wanted there's about 90% of the others who got a colorway or sculpt they aren't interested in and are forced to find someone to trade. It makes it especially difficult to get what you want when certain colorways are more rare or sought-after than others. I know ETF fanboys are going to hate on me for saying this, but ETF does too many blind box raffles for my liking.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16915 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 07:50:46 »
А series of failures more and more...
It seems that there are those who constantly win.

Shhhh.. they'll notice.  jk, Lol

Meh, if that's what you think. How are you gonna prove it?

No point in getting upset imo, its out of your hands.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:16:03 by 9999hp »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16916 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 07:53:53 »

I'm on the fence about blind box raffles. On the one hand its fun to guess what you may have won and get hyped when you open something really cool, but for every person that gets something amazing/what they wanted there's about 90% of the others who got a colorway or sculpt they aren't interested in and are forced to find someone to trade. It makes it especially difficult to get what you want when certain colorways are more rare or sought-after than others. I know ETF fanboys are going to hate on me for saying this, but ETF does too many blind box raffles for my liking.
Not hating on you or anything, but I really enjoy these blind box raffles. The anticipation on what you'll get is amazing, I'm like my daughter when she is opening Shopkins bags. The format really gets you hooked. The menu sheet that ETF made this time is actually the same as she get with her Num noms collection items, they also have color codes dots to mark rarity. This format really gets you exited!
The times I've gotten something I didn't exactly want I've had a good experience trading them for something else and I've also gotten something I wasn't interested in at first but learned to love.
There are so many ways of doing this, and I think this 24h blind box raffle is one of the most fair for the collectors and the creators.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #16917 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:01:32 »
Most fair - probably .. provided you actually win something.

I wouldn't know about that  ;D

Offline DirtyMonkey43

Nightcaps: MysteryMe@ts 2017 - Sale complete, invoices all sent.
« Reply #16918 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:29:03 »
I think with a menu of this proportion the only way to keep it 100% fair for everyone is blind box. We all had the same exact chance. Want a better chance of getting what you want? Buy more. There’s no advantages/disadvantages

If we were able to even pick a “top 10”,  imagine how many winners would have similar top 10. Those fuguthulus and 1 offs would be in almost everyone’s. Then it becomes another blind box raffle, just with much more disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16919 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:32:03 »
my 2 cents + minor ranting + **** sucking:

it's definitely ****ign rigged, you know this because i won

also i don't like blind sale because ya'll know i only give a **** about blue stuff and it's a pain in the **** to try and trade with people when you're not from America, I gotta make Bee do all my dirty work and now she doesn't tlak to me anymore

I see why people like it and it's also fair but I'm a very picky person who only wants specific stuff. Oh and for this specific sale it's 100% justifiable because of the quantity of caps on hand.

Poisoned Summer was cool because I got to see what the flavour of the day was before i bothered entering (I skipped all the ones I wasn't interested in except for one where I entered for a friend since they weren't around for the sale). of course i also missed 99% of them because I have a life but you know, poisoned summer was an absolutely terrific experience to be apart of which is why I participated in the GB, for sentimental value.

but these blind sales tilt me man, but really goes to show how much I appreciate your work ETF. The only other cap maker in the world where I would enter a blind sale for is clackman (rip in piece)

I love Elzy

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16920 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:54:35 »
I think with a menu of this proportion the only way to keep it 100% fair for everyone is blind box. We all had the same exact chance. Want a better chance of getting what you want? Buy more. There’s no advantages/disadvantages

If we were able to even pick a “top 10”,  imagine how many winners would have similar top 10. Those fuguthulus and 1 offs would be in almost everyone’s. Then it becomes another blind box raffle, just with much more disappointment.

The rare ones are only rare because ETF chose to make it that way. They're all the same material, its just a matter of which ones he decides to make more exclusive than others. IMO an all foogthulu sale or all eggfaces or all moondrops would be more enticing than hoping to get 1 of like 500 (this also creates an artificial aftermarket price bubble until more are released).

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #16921 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:58:37 »

The rare ones are only rare because ETF chose to make it that way. They're all the same material, its just a matter of which ones he decides to make more exclusive than others. IMO an all foogthulu sale or all eggfaces or all moondrops would be more enticing than hoping to get 1 of like 500 (this also creates an artificial aftermarket price bubble until more are released).
Idk, for me at least the chase is half the fun lol I love the artisan community for chasing those rare caps. And also, that’s the artisan community. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16922 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:11:56 »

Idk, for me at least the chase is half the fun lol I love the artisan community for chasing those rare caps. And also, that’s the artisan community. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

I'm not trying to blame ETF, this is just where the conversation is... I completely understand that this is indicative of the entire artisan community, I just wish there was a better option

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16923 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:16:24 »
oh i didn't fully read everything

as far as one-offs and rarity and **** goes that's been a conversation since the beginning of artisans

this specifically actually isn't a problem

if everyone that entered the sale ONLY wanted the rare 1 offs and could list so then that means the people who wanted other things would still have a chance to get what they wanted and everyone who listed 1 offs are 100% going into it knowing that they have a very small chance of winning anything at all.

the way it is currently, those people who only want the thulus might end up with (for example) some neat blue **** that I want and now that chance has been taken away from me and those dudes are stuck with something that they have to go and trade off now. of course it's not very hard to make your $53 back but it's a huge waste of time for both the person who only wanted a chance at a thulu and for me hunting for a blue fugu (assuming they sell it to me for $53, yeah right).

there's pros and cons to everything but blind raffle to me at least has a lot more cons.

I love Elzy

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16924 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:33:49 »

as far as one-offs and rarity and **** goes that's been a conversation since the beginning of artisans

if everyone that entered the sale ONLY wanted the rare 1 offs and could list so then that means the people who wanted other things would still have a chance to get what they wanted and everyone who listed 1 offs are 100% going into it knowing that they have a very small chance of winning anything at all.

the way it is currently, those people who only want the thulus might end up with (for example) some neat blue **** that I want and now that chance has been taken away from me and those dudes are stuck with something that they have to go and trade off now. of course it's not very hard to make your $53 back but it's a huge waste of time for both the person who only wanted a chance at a thulu and for me hunting for a blue fugu (assuming they sell it to me for $53, yeah right).

there's pros and cons to everything but blind raffle to me at least has a lot more cons.

This. 212$ for four chances with the distinct possibility of getting four common keys and ending up having to sit on colorways that you don't like/won't use and are extremely difficult to trade. I would rather spend that 200$ on the key that I actually want (and likely more) rather than gamble.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16925 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:35:25 »
Eh, blind raffle is probably just the easiest to implement for the maker. Think about it.

This dude(ette), just worked their ass off doing PS. Then made 400+ to order for those who didn't enter or win during PS. THEN, made or had on hand 500+ caps to do ANOTHER sale the next month.

Lol, give them a break. This is the easiest and most efficient for the maker.

I don't know if this is their day job, but I'm still impressed.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16926 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:44:26 »
That's a cop out... I'm fairly certain none of the makers in this forum do this as their only source of income (if they did they would increase prices way past 50$ because people would pay it regardless [especially makers like ETF, Bro, KK, etc...]).

This is a fun hobby, and I'm sure doing these sales are extremely exciting and rewarding for the makers - if they didn't like doing it they just wouldn't

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #16927 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:00:02 »
Who dumped the salt shaker this morning?

The maker can run their sales as they please. If ETF wanted to be known for generic caps that no one got excited for, he’d just mass produce single shot caps and sell them on Etsy. He puts time, effort and love into his caps, colorways, packaging and sales though. He’s one of the few that even sets rules on immediate flipping. He wants everyone to have the same, fair chance of getting any cap on that menu. The nightcaps duo is doing a great job.

Offline kwyryn

« Reply #16928 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:01:18 »
Can someone tell me the difference between unique and 1 available?

Offline orcanilink

« Reply #16929 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:04:14 »
Can someone tell me the difference between unique and 1 available?

Badically the ones marked with 'unique' are one off, meaning there is literally only one of them made in existence. The other one which mention '1 acailable', it's basically just stating there's only one of them available in this raffle, but there are others are there from other sales.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #16930 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:08:50 »
N e leftovers?

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16931 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:15:52 »
That's a cop out... I'm fairly certain none of the makers in this forum do this as their only source of income (if they did they would increase prices way past 50$ because people would pay it regardless [especially makers like ETF, Bro, KK, etc...]).

This is a fun hobby, and I'm sure doing these sales are extremely exciting and rewarding for the makers - if they didn't like doing it they just wouldn't

That's a silly thing to say. Work is work no matter how fun.

How much thought do you put into the logistics of lthe creation of a cap to it sitting on your keyboard?

I'm not trying to chill for anyone, I didn't win anything, and I'm sure not recieving any favors. I have my suspicions of the process myself.

However, a blind box raffle is the easiest, rather than categorize everyone's feefee's.

Bag caps. Draw names. Place bag with drawn name.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16932 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:15:58 »
im not telling ETF how to run his sale I'm sure he has his reasons or he simply chose to do it this way cuz he wanted to, I don't care.  if I was telling him how to do it I'd ask for fcfs because I'm the best at that keepo

just having a discussion with my pov having seen the whole artisan phenomenon from $8 clacks for retail up until now where you have limitless options of talented keycap artisans. the discussion probably should be in its own thread and not cluttering this thread so I'll stop here

but if it was me normally I'd choose to either get a blue cap or no cap at all. I'm sure a lot of ppl would be happy to have the option of miniscule chance at a thulu and if not then receiving no cap, rather than ok chance to get a random cap that might have a thulu in it if that makes sense. I am in no way saying he should make more thulus available

keycaps are cool guys
I love Elzy

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16933 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:17:47 »
Who dumped the salt shaker this morning?

The maker can run their sales as they please. If ETF wanted to be known for generic caps that no one got excited for, he’d just mass produce single shot caps and sell them on Etsy. He puts time, effort and love into his caps, colorways, packaging and sales though. He’s one of the few that even sets rules on immediate flipping. He wants everyone to have the same, fair chance of getting any cap on that menu. The nightcaps duo is doing a great job.

Of course they can, I have no problem with makers doing what they please with their own work; it's their art, after all. What we're saying is blind raffles leave much to be desired for those of us who are searching for specific keys/colorways.

I agree this is not exactly the best place for this discussion but this thread is one of the most active ones on this forum.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16934 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:22:34 »

How much thought do you put into the logistics of lthe creation of a cap to it sitting on your keyboard?

I'm not trying to chill for anyone, I didn't win anything, and I'm sure not recieving any favors. I have my suspicions of the process myself.

However, a blind box raffle is the easiest, rather than categorize everyone's feefee's.

Honestly its not crazy difficult to make keycaps. You just need the initial investment and from there its just expressing your creativity and hoping others will like it enough to buy a couple. Its about as complicated as painting. Those of us who aren't as creative as others see the process as unapproachable, but its really not.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #16935 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:23:38 »

Honestly its not crazy difficult to make keycaps. You just need the initial investment and from there its just expressing your creativity and hoping others will like it enough to buy a couple. Its about as complicated as painting. Those of us who aren't as creative as others see the process as unapproachable, but its really not.
Uhhh are you serious? Have you tried making caps?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16936 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:26:17 »

This. 212$ for four chances with the distinct possibility of getting four common keys and ending up having to sit on colorways that you don't like/won't use and are extremely difficult to trade. I would rather spend that 200$ on the key that I actually want (and likely more) rather than gamble.
You are not considering the importance of the trading aspect in the community.
If I could just buy any artisan I wanted I would never have been so involved with the community as I've been and I never would have met all the awesome people I have. Forcing people to get involved is a really good thing.

The fact that it's difficult to get something also makes it a lot more fun and super exiting to get.
It's the hunt that really matters for me, not so much the catch.
It's like in LOTR, it's the travel that makes the story, not the climax in the volcano.
You also would like Beethoven if you just heard  the last note of the piece. No. You need the dance to the end part for it to make sense and be enjoyable.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16937 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:26:56 »

Yes...? Silicon molding, clay shaping, resin casting. You can basically buy everything you need from any hobby store in existence, minus a pressure chamber but you can make those pretty easy.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:30:59 by totallycaked »

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #16938 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:29:19 »

Yes...?
Oh, so you’ve successfully produced quality multi shot caps, built a caps business, following and community and successfully ran multiple sales of upwards of thousands of caps over the course of a few months?

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16939 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:32:24 »

Yes...?
Oh, so you’ve successfully produced quality multi shot caps, built a caps business, following and community and successfully ran multiple sales of upwards of thousands of caps over the course of a few months?

Did I say starting a keycap business is easy? I said making keycaps is not really that difficult, because it isn't if you know the process.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16940 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:36:36 »

Boy you just went off the deep end lol. It's clear you're unfamiliar with the area. You may understand the process, but understanding and performing are very different.

If it we're that easy we'd have wayyyy more than a handful of makers.

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #16941 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:38:05 »
We do have way more than a handful of makers... I don't know what point you're trying to make? Quality keycap creation is so hard to accomplish that only a select few people have the skills required to master it? I don't buy that for a second.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #16942 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:39:34 »
We do have way more than a handful of makers... I don't know what point you're trying to make? Quality keycap creation is so hard to accomplish that only a select few people have the skills required to master it? I don't buy that for a second.
Then why are you here complaining about how a maker is running his sales? If it’s that easy, make your own caps, and run your own sales.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16943 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:40:14 »
I can count the people who are able to create caps like his on one hand.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #16944 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:42:57 »

Does 94 non blind box sales in a row = too many blind box sales :rip:
More

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #16945 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:45:40 »

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Blinded Fall

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16946 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:46:02 »

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:53:47 by GreyAmbience »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16947 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:48:33 »

lulul

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #16948 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:51:50 »
If you think keycap making is easy, just try it. It’s so damn difficult, for me at least. Hell its not even the sculpting, it’s hard enough to get my damn stem to form when I’m casting and molding but then the sculpting is also hard af. A stone who says keycap making is easy is a fool who hasn’t tried.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16949 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 11:09:02 »

More like: I didn't get an invoice = not enough blind box sales.