Author Topic: [GB] LSJ Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard [GB CLOSED]  (Read 92413 times)

Offline Myan

Re: [GB] Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard [GB Open]
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:38:43 »
Holy nice case, I can't wait anymore, take all my money plz!!! :p

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 09:47:43 »
I like the bottom design a lot. Nice work Kenlee. Too bad bottom is on the bottom.  :p
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 16:48:41 »
cant wait for this, that army green is fire
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline kenlee

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:14:34 »
Holy nice case, I can't wait anymore, take all my money plz!!! :p

Thanks buddy for ordering 2 sets and ur always supporting  ^-^

I like the bottom design a lot. Nice work Kenlee. Too bad bottom is on the bottom.  :p

Haha thanks and i could give u 2 bottoms

One for use and one for pillow :p

cant wait for this, that army green is fire

Thank you sir, you make a fire choice and appreciate for ur support

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:21:50 »
You guys need to hurry up and make this sell out so I can stop being tempted to order a second one :P

Offline kenlee

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:28:00 »
Just a head up every orders allow to change (use the link in confirmation mail) and if you don't see the mail pls check ur spam folder of mail or check if you left the right mail

So i might update and upload the order sheet after gb close and let everyone check again (from 1/18-1/20)

After that i'll send invoices in batches (from 1/21)   

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:51:54 »
You guys need to hurry up and make this sell out so I can stop being tempted to order a second one :P

Might not sell out, but it should.  The design is great.  The lines and tolerances look as good as any other hhkb I've seen, and better than most (even big name kustoms), and it's gonna be made by Eve who produces fantastic work.  But, we've seen big name designers only sell 40-50 of certain boards so who the hell knows.
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:40:25 »

Might not sell out, but it should.  The design is great.  The lines and tolerances look as good as any other hhkb I've seen, and better than most (even big name kustoms), and it's gonna be made by Eve who produces fantastic work.  But, we've seen big name designers only sell 40-50 of certain boards so who the hell knows.

Fair enough.

TBH, It would be easy to justify if i wasn't also tempted by TX60/65 and LZ s x h and CU66... Why do so many awesome 6x% keyboards have to be dropping at once >_<.

Offline bminhz

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:59:22 »
Just a head up every orders allow to change (use the link in confirmation mail) and if you don't see the mail pls check ur spam folder of mail or check if you left the right mail

So i might update and upload the order sheet after gb close and let everyone check again (from 1/18-1/20)

I made 2 orders and received none email confirmation  :-[

checked spam folder of all my emails given and still nothing, now I don't know if I should fill more forms or just wait for emails now  :(

Offline kenlee

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:03:21 »

checked spam folder of all my emails given and still nothing, now I don't know if I should fill more forms or just wait for emails now  :(

I see ur 2 orders so no worries  :thumb:

If you have any questions you can pm me anytime

Offline bminhz

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:23:22 »

I see ur 2 orders so no worries  :thumb:

If you have any questions you can pm me anytime

hooray! pm sent  :p

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:24:37 »

Fair enough.

TBH, It would be easy to justify if i wasn't also tempted by TX60/65 and LZ s x h and CU66... Why do so many awesome 6x% keyboards have to be dropping at once >_<.

TX60 does look nice. I like the height and sharper angles of this better, but I signed up to buy one of those too :D  LZ s x h looks a little rough to be honest.  I really need to see some higher quality pics with good lighting. 
keyboards.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:28:39 »

Fair enough.

Ya so many nice boards are around last and this year and lots of people broke after Christmas, so it's not the best time to run the gb.

As for the design i know some people don't like the bottom and text cuz i try to make something different form other boards. So far about 50 orders and if add taiwan community orders it might be around 70. 

Although some people know me but i have no reputations here so i really appreciate those people who have been helped me and those who join this gb to make this gb happen.  :thumb:

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:29:55 »

Fair enough.

just buy them all :p
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:35:19 »

Fair enough.

Ya so many nice boards are around last and this year and lots of people broke after Christmas, so it's not the best time to run the gb.

As for the design i know some people don't like the bottom and text cuz i try to make something different form other boards. So far about 50 orders and if add taiwan community orders it might be around 70. 

Although some people know me but i have no reputations here so i really appreciate those people who have been helped me and those who join this gb to make this gb happen.  :thumb:

very respectable numbers after only a day and a half!  I love the bottom.
keyboards.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:39:41 »
You guys need to hurry up and make this sell out so I can stop being tempted to order a second one

Fair enough.

just buy them all
I'm fine with not hitting the limit cuz rare is not bad.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:41:07 »

Fair enough.

Yup yup, the board looks fantastic, and while the nameplate isn't my favorite (like i said before, it's not bad at all, it just reminds me of the old dare logo lol), i do actually think it looks nice. That's why I had to get the purple one :P (I do wish you offered a dark plate option tho. I'd love a black plate. but i'd still also get brass either way).

I just would probably get a green one too if timing was better.

Edit: To be clear, that's not a complaint, it's just factual with budgets being what they are  :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 January 2018, 22:43:14 by Amnesia »

Offline kenlee

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:25:22 »
You guys need to hurry up and make this sell out so I can stop being tempted to order a second one

Fair enough.

Yup yup, the board looks fantastic, and while the nameplate isn't my favorite (like i said before, it's not bad at all, it just reminds me of the old dare logo lol), i do actually think it looks nice. That's why I had to get the purple one (I do wish you offered a dark plate option tho. I'd love a black plate. but i'd still also get brass either way).

Edit: To be clear, that's not a complaint, it's just factual with budgets being what they are 
Hi, my friend no worries and I'm fine with any suggestions or comments.

I adopt this text cuz I love the chinese calligraphy and tbh style of Ares bottom is little wild so I try to combine them together.

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 00:22:46 by kenlee »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:28:41 »

Fair enough.

Yup yup, the board looks fantastic, and while the nameplate isn't my favorite (like i said before, it's not bad at all, it just reminds me of the old dare logo lol), i do actually think it looks nice. That's why I had to get the purple one (I do wish you offered a dark plate option tho. I'd love a black plate. but i'd still also get brass either way).

Edit: To be clear, that's not a complaint, it's just factual with budgets being what they are 

I adopt this text cuz I love the Chinese calligraphy and tbh the style of Ares bottom is little wild so I try to combine them together.

Show Image
Show Image

Ooooo I Like it.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 02:48:05 »

Fair enough.

I adopt this text cuz I love the chinese calligraphy and tbh style of Ares bottom is little wild so I try to combine them together.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I like the bottom even more now that I know its based off of calligraphy   ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:06:37 by Vadurr »

Offline kenlee

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:43:12 »

Fair enough.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ya, even I know soft, round fonts are classic and more popular, but why not try something different maybe you will lead the fashion

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:00:48 »

Fair enough.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ya, even I know soft, round fonts are classic and more popular, but why not try something different maybe you will lead the fashion

Personally i really like the looks of it in combination with the name (ares god of war) even the font is not greek i still like that it's still kinda a destroyed font.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:22:30 »

Fair enough.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Personally i really like the looks of it in combination with the name (ares god of war) even the font is not greek i still like that it's still kinda a destroyed font.
I'm so glad you point it out, that's another reason why I don't adopt the classic fonts.

Except god Ares, Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, Athene... those gods might show up in my following keyboards programs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 05:39:10 by kenlee »

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:26:29 »

Fair enough.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm so glad you point it out, that's another reason why I don't adopt the classic fonts.

Except war god Ares, Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, Athene... those gods might show up in my following keyboards programs.

Dude that's really amazing! i was talking with an other dude about this earlier this month about how much more personality comes with the itself.

Ever heard about Steam game 'Smite'? It's like LOL but third person and with gods based of real mythology.

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:51:11 »
I’m glad someone liked the bottom calligraphy just like I do. I think it adds a bit of different twist to the musculine bottom look. Very nice touch on that :)
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline kenlee

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 07:07:50 »
I feel sincerely sorry if i quote the war god Ares and let some people feel uncomfortable

It's not my intention and if you can read about my ic or gb thread i never mention about any word about war or army (except army green :rolleyes:)

As one of people in taiwan i think some people know my country has an intense relationship with one country

So i deeply can understand this worrying and frightening feeling cuz this is where i live

So i hope you can understand and sorry if it let you feel bad
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 17:02:12 by kenlee »

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 08:14:58 »
I feel sincerely sorry if i quote the war god Ares and let some people feel uncomfortable

It's not my intention and if you can read about my ic or gb thread i never mention about any word about war or army

As one of people in taiwan i think some people know my country has an intense relationship with one country

So i deeply can understand this worrying and frightening feeling cuz this is where i live

No worries at all. I always thought it’s amusing to have a theme or background story when it comes to a custom keyset or keyboard. The reasons behind the scene usually won’t affect if I want to buy them or not as long as I love the design, but to each his own. I hope that doesn’t stop you from coming up with more great designs. Keep up the good work buddy!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 08:18:52 »

It's not my intention and if you can read about my ic or gb thread i never mention about any word about war or army

No worries at all. I always thought it’s amusing to have a theme or background story when it comes to a custom keyset or keyboard. The reasons behind the scene usually won’t affect if I want to buy them or not as long as I love the design, but to each his own. I hope that doesn’t stop you from coming up with more great designs. Keep up the good work buddy!

^

Offline kenlee

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 08:33:17 »

^

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 15:25:49 »
Does the alu and brass plate support switch top opening? From the photo posted, it doesn't seem so.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 15:54:16 »
Hello,

New member here.

I've been lurking for two weeks now and decided to register because of this drop. I just fell inlove with the dark purple color.

Let me introduce and tell a little bit of myself. I got into keyboards late of 2016 when I joined my first GB in MD with my IKBC MF108 with MX Browns.

I'm using it for work now with DSA Dolch Keycaps and I am loving it.

I recently joined Mito's GMK laser and I was looking for a board to compliment it. So I've heard GH a keyboard enthusiast community and found this thread which nice that GB is still open and I know that my Gaijin + Blocknet would look awesome.

This would be my first DIY keyboard so probably my plan is getting a Zeal60 PCB, 67g Zealios Purple Switches (Not sure how many I need for hhkb layout) and a Zeal gold transparent stabilizers. 6.25u for the spacebar?

Thank you

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:31:47 »
Does the alu and brass plate support switch top opening? From the photo posted, it doesn't seem so.

confirm with kenlee, but i don't think it does

i'd have to read the IC again to be sure

some switchtop cutouts can cause the switches to go out of alignment and not look too hot

This would be my first DIY keyboard so probably my plan is getting a Zeal60 PCB, 67g Zealios Purple Switches (Not sure how many I need for hhkb layout) and a Zeal gold transparent stabilizers. 6.25u for the spacebar?

Thank you

again, wait for kenlee to reply, but i believe this uses a 7u spacebar

i recommend ordering the option that give you both spacebar stabs that way you have another set for your next custom, and it's less of a worry

the only issue is if this uses a true 6u spacebar, but i don't believe it does, it looks like a 7u because of the blocker sizes

order 70 switches so you have extras just in case; you'll end up using about 65 of them

rule of thumb is to always order a few more switches than you actually need in case you mess one up, or in case you miscount, i usually tell people to round up to the nearest 10
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:57:47 »

Thank you

again, wait for kenlee to reply, but i believe this uses a 7u spacebar

i recommend ordering the option that give you both spacebar stabs that way you have another set for your next custom, and it's less of a worry

the only issue is if this uses a true 6u spacebar, but i don't believe it does, it looks like a 7u because of the blocker sizes

order 70 switches so you have extras just in case; you'll end up using about 65 of them

rule of thumb is to always order a few more switches than you actually need in case you mess one up, or in case you miscount, i usually tell people to round up to the nearest 10
[/quote]

Gotcha. Will just get the option for the extra stabs. I am planning also to build kbd75 with 62g Purple Zealios. For the KBD75 how many stabs and switches I need?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 17:00:40 »
Order 90 for the kbd75, 4 2u stabs and a 6.25u for the space. Depending on the layout you choose you can use as few as 2 2u
keyboards.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 17:12:01 »

It doesn't support switch top opening

Hello,

New member here.

I've been lurking for two weeks now and decided to register because of this drop. I just fell inlove with the dark purple color.

Let me introduce and tell a little bit of myself. I got into keyboards late of 2016 when I joined my first GB in MD with my IKBC MF108 with MX Browns.

I recently joined Mito's GMK laser and I was looking for a board to compliment it. So I've heard GH a keyboard enthusiast community and found this thread which nice that GB is still open and I know that my Gaijin + Blocknet would look awesome.

Thank you

Welcome and only support 7U spacebar as i know

But I'll confirm again when i receive matte black pcb sample next week

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 17:29:20 »

Hello,

New member here.

Thank you

Anyway that could be added?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 17:56:54 »

Hello,

New member here.

Thank you

You can't just add a 6.25 spacebar to a keyboard with 1.5 blockers... There is 7u for spacebar, 5u for mods and 3u for blockers. If you just change to 6.25u for spacebar, you now have 5.75u for mods.

What are you gonna do:

1.25 1.5 6.25 1.5 1.5

??

To support other spacebars would require a completely different top case.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 18:27:20 »
More

Hello,

New member here.

Thank you

You can't just add a 6.25 spacebar to a keyboard with 1.5 blockers... There is 7u for spacebar, 5u for mods and 3u for blockers. If you just change to 6.25u for spacebar, you now have 5.75u for mods.

What are you gonna do:

1.25 1.5 6.25 1.5 1.5

??

I think he meant switch opening? :-X

Offline kenlee

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 03:23:30 »
I made a temp and simple order sheet and if you ordered but not on the list pls pm me or write a mail to 

ares.hhkb@gmail.com

Check Orders<---- Click here to check orders

So far there are 76 sets include taiwan community orders   

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 03:31:29 »
I made a temp and simple order sheet and if you ordered but not on the list pls pm me or write a mail to 

ares.hhkb@gmail.com

seems Dary Purple and Army Green are the two most popular choices
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 04:55:59 »
More

Hello,

New member here.

Thank you

What are you gonna do:

1.25 1.5 6.25 1.5 1.5

??

I think he meant switch opening? :-X

I did yea

Offline Sissy

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 00:57:00 »

ares.hhkb@gmail.com

the green and green in general is a very unique color choice for a keyboard that isnt offered very often. Purple is just the best color.
seems like everything recently has offered Black/Grey/Silver and often blue color choices, even being great like the Grey and blue on the MIRA. just nice to see green and purple in the mix

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 01:04:32 »

ares.hhkb@gmail.com

the green and green in general is a very unique color choice for a keyboard that isnt offered very often. Purple is just the best color.
seems like everything recently has offered Black/Grey/Silver and often blue color choices, even being great like the Grey and blue on the MIRA. just nice to see green and purple in the mix

yep, I love the green in render, but the real color failed hitting my heart. So I choose White :p

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 12:28:46 »
Looks like this is getting close to 85 sets.  Will the gb stay open until the 17th in case where are some more orders? I’m very tempted but not sure I have the funds ready

Offline kenlee

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 17:41:38 »
Looks like this is getting close to 85 sets.  Will the gb stay open until the 17th in case where are some more orders? I’m very tempted but not sure I have the funds ready

Will open to 1/17 but allow to order to 90 sets in case of cancellation of order or payment.

So far there are 7 sets available and once it hit i'll close form
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:37:47 by kenlee »

Offline quaddepos

Re: [GB] Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard [GB Open/Last 2 days]
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 01:41:21 »
How hard to it would to support switch top opening

Offline kenlee

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 01:59:41 »
Matte black and gold

Pcb prototype will be solderd by hands

But GB pcbs will be soldered by machine so no worries....

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2018, 02:02:50 by kenlee »

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 02:01:14 »
Matte black and gold
Show Image

Looking good!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 02:24:23 »
Matte black and gold

Show Image

Oooo, I didn't know it was a custom pcb. What kinda chip does it use? I wonder if I could get QMK on it.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 02:38:19 »
Matte black and gold

Show Image

Oooo, I didn't know it was a custom pcb. What kinda chip does it use? I wonder if I could get QMK on it.
ATMEGA32A-AU chip and use bootmapper