Author Topic: [IC] DSA Alchemy *Release Update 9/24/18*  (Read 26048 times)

Offline ChrisSwires

Re: [IC] DSA Alchemy *Updated from feedback 21/03/18*
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 03:05:39 »
So, what's going on with this set?  It's one of the more attractive sets to me, and would love to see it go into production.

Hey! Thanks for the interest and apologies that I've gone quiet over the last few weeks, life has been a little hectic. I was going to do a big reveal at some unplanned date on this but, seeing as you asked.

I was in touch with SP throughout the course of the interest check and they have decided that they will be producing and stocking the set via PMK! As such set design is now finalised (barring any issues that arise). The set will be produced in PBT DSA dye-sub as was always the intention and tentatively you can expect it to hit the store late summer. It's in the production queue as we speak.

I'll be returning to this as time allows in the meantime but only do drum up some further interest and aid in the production process as need arises, updates on timing will certainly follow however.

Chris

Offline zappysnap

Re: [IC] DSA Alchemy *Production Update 05/08/18*
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:32:33 »
Awesome! Great to hear!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

YMDK96/XD96, Holy Panda, Infinikey Hive
DZ60RGB, 67g Zealio v2, SA Oblivion
Varmilo VA68M, Box Navy, SA Ashen
MA60 v2, Wood case, Novelkeys Cream, XDA Canvas
DZ60, 78g Zealios, Lambo case, DSA Geode (custom sublimated)
Leopold FC980M, MX Clear, EnjoyPBT 9009

Offline ctrl

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:55:27 »
So, what's going on with this set?  It's one of the more attractive sets to me, and would love to see it go into production.

Hey! Thanks for the interest and apologies that I've gone quiet over the last few weeks, life has been a little hectic. I was going to do a big reveal at some unplanned date on this but, seeing as you asked.

I was in touch with SP throughout the course of the interest check and they have decided that they will be producing and stocking the set via PMK! As such set design is now finalised (barring any issues that arise). The set will be produced in PBT DSA dye-sub as was always the intention and tentatively you can expect it to hit the store late summer. It's in the production queue as we speak.

I'll be returning to this as time allows in the meantime but only do drum up some further interest and aid in the production process as need arises, updates on timing will certainly follow however.

Chris

Hey, great news! Congrats, man! :)

Have there been any changes to the kits during the process with PMK that aren't updated here yet?

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:20:27 »

Have there been any changes to the kits during the process with PMK that aren't updated here yet?

Hey, thanks! I was in touch with SP pretty early doors within the IC process in an attempt to mitigate that risk (mainly with regards to legend feasibility and colouring) - as it stands successfully. To date there are no additional changes not represented above, obviously if that changes I'll keep the thread updated but, fingers crossed!

Offline ctrl

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:31:20 »

Hey, thanks! I was in touch with SP pretty early doors within the IC process in an attempt to mitigate that risk (mainly with regards to legend feasibility and colouring) - as it stands successfully. To date there are no additional changes not represented above, obviously if that changes I'll keep the thread updated but, fingers crossed!

Very glad to hear that. You got a winner here. :thumb:

Offline Kapsi

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:54:58 »
I really hate being late, but I miss this kit.

P.S: Sorry for the ****ty edition.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 09:44:53 »
Hey Chris, can’t wait for this set to come out!
I’m looking at the ortho set and wondering how you’re going to deal with the raise and lower keys. As you can see, the “lower” key text overflows. Will you be doing LWR and RSE for these keys?

Any updates on ETA?

Offline ctrl

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 16:26:22 »

At least the blue alchemy ISO Enter key. Damn. Would've wanted that. Any chance of it making its way back into the keyset? Is it feasable?

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 16:40:13 »

Hey Chris, can’t wait for this set to come out!
I’m looking at the ortho set and wondering how you’re going to deal with the raise and lower keys. As you can see, the “lower” key text overflows. Will you be doing LWR and RSE for these keys?

Any updates on ETA?

You're absolutely right, and lwr rse is the way forward, though I'd love to not have to to be frank. I'm not a fan of shortened legends bit with ortho...

I'll update the kit actually to reflect that, good shout, I'd made that call a while back.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 16:42:20 »

At least the blue alchemy ISO Enter key. Damn. Would've wanted that. Any chance of it making its way back into the keyset? Is it feasable?
The kits are at this point agreed. However, I can try. There's no MOQ per se given its going stocked but it's possible pmk won't want to stock a kit that's likely to have limited uptake.

That being said. I'm not pmk and I can't speak for them so I can but ask.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 21:31:45 »

You're absolutely right, and lwr rse is the way forward, though I'd love to not have to to be frank. I'm not a fan of shortened legends bit with ortho...

I'll update the kit actually to reflect that, good shout, I'd made that call a while back.

Yeah I agree it would be nice to have the full words but those 1u’s are just too dang small! Glad to hear it’s been thought of. Also, are the alpha symbols like .,/ going to be centered or offset like the renders? I’m good either way but curious.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:51:12 »

The kits are at this point agreed. However, I can try. There's no MOQ per se given its going stocked but it's possible pmk won't want to stock a kit that's likely to have limited uptake.

Big thanks! I fully understand both your positions and couldn't ask for more. :thumb:

Offline Kapsi

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 19:53:52 »

Hi Chris, I'm the same guy who asked you for the "Ñ" key. I just want to say thank you for representing the interests of those who want to buy this keycaps. The reason why I made the iso kit is because the granite keyset has many variations and still seems to be one of the most popular on the market, and that added to the fact that the alchemist kit is beautiful, it would be quite painful to miss the opportunity to see it in all its glory with a big blue enter.

Truly yours, The “Ñ” Guy.

Offline Kapsi

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 20:20:36 »
With the rumors of geekhack being sold to a Chinese company, where will be the updates of the set from now on?

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 01:59:23 »
With the rumors of geekhack being sold to a Chinese company, where will be the updates of the set from now on?
If the rumours prove true then I'll likely move my Comms to Reddit in the short term, however you can expect there to be only two updates at this point, my confirmation of the date of go live and then the confirmation of it being listed on Pmk.

Both of those updates I'll also send out via email to anyone that's filled in the IC form with an email address (feel free to ping me to be added to that list) and the latter you would also receive if you're on pmk's mailing list!

Offline Kapsi

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 10:56:17 »
If the rumours prove true then I'll likely move my Comms to Reddit in the short term, however you can expect there to be only two updates at this point, my confirmation of the date of go live and then the confirmation of it being listed on Pmk.

Both of those updates I'll also send out via email to anyone that's filled in the IC form with an email address (feel free to ping me to be added to that list) and the latter you would also receive if you're on pmk's mailing list!

Please add me, I missed the IC, Thanks

Offline Absinthe

• Atreusaurus rex
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 17:51:19 »
Great news; will keep an eye on PMK. This set is gorgeous!
Francium Pro : MX Brown || B.Mini : Zealio 65 & Zealencios || Atreus62 : Zealio 65 & Zealencios

SA Carbon || SA Dasher || SA Symbiosis 2.0 || SA Retro

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:19:06 »
Is the SP turnaround time still 1 year?

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:22:05 »
6 months or so for DSA dyesub, the longer times are generally for SA or double shot sets. This should be going live on PMK pretty iminantly though at this stage I still don't have a confirmed date.

Originally the intention was the end of August but there was an issue with one of the colours used in the accents that delayed that unfortunately. As soon as I have anything concrete I will report back!

Offline zappysnap

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 12:22:01 »
Thanks for the update...hopefully it is live soon.  It's definitely still on my radar. 
YMDK96/XD96, Holy Panda, Infinikey Hive
DZ60RGB, 67g Zealio v2, SA Oblivion
Varmilo VA68M, Box Navy, SA Ashen
MA60 v2, Wood case, Novelkeys Cream, XDA Canvas
DZ60, 78g Zealios, Lambo case, DSA Geode (custom sublimated)
Leopold FC980M, MX Clear, EnjoyPBT 9009

Offline ChrisSwires

Re: [IC] DSA Alchemy *Release Update 9/24/18*
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 05:39:05 »
Updated yesterday with latest news - Set should be going live on PMK by the close of the week. I've seen some pre-prod shots of the alphas, mods and the yellow accent and I'm happy with the colours and legends (Been asked not to share the pics, they're not happy with the photographic quality :) ).

Am excite.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 18:25:18 »
Really excited to finally see the set drop! :thumb:

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 05:47:12 »
Stoked this is happening soon.

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 11:34:13 »