Author Topic: Going to bed  (Read 9546 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Going to bed
« on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:11:41 »
Doin' this new thing..

-- Not -- Staying up late.

Suppose to be healthy, and help not die..

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
Re: Going to bed
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:13:54 »
I thought that was why you were vegan.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:14:16 »
you worry way too much about your health, all these endless threads about how anxious and fragile you are are worrisome my dude.

every consider yourself a hypochondriac?

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:41:14 »
Going to bed early  :)) I told myself that two hours ago.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 04:45:49 »
Going to bed early  :)) I told myself that two hours ago.

Gotta get one of them wifu dakimakura

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:33:56 »
Trade less hours awake for more overall lifespan. It all evens out in the end.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:36:39 »
One thing I'll never understand - the desire to have the body live so long that the mind inside can rot instead...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:12:29 »
One thing I'll never understand - the desire to have the body live so long that the mind inside can rot instead...

Well,  what they're finding out OF LATE,  is that the longest living populations around, the 90+ year bluezone people,  have clear minds all the way through death.

It's only the western diet world which consume large quantities of animal-fats and cholesterol, afflicted by dementia/parkinson/stroke/alzheimers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:52:16 »
We are all 2 minutes away from death, and every breath resets the clock.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:51:17 »
We are all 2 minutes away from death, and every breath resets the clock.

what is dead may never die

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:08:11 »

Getting ready..

Jammies.. On !

Ginseng Tea.. Drank !

Final fluids purge phase:  in progress..

---- Can't sleep otherwise after drinking so much ginseng tea.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:13:33 »
/....  Initiating Shutdown.

Offline JP

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:49:03 »
Clickity clack, time to not shutdown.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:19:47 »
doesn't ginseng tea wake you up...?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:29:16 »
tp should try mushrooms :blank:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 03:24:22 »
tp should try mushrooms :blank:
Because he's not random enough sober?!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:02:13 »
doesn't ginseng tea wake you up...?

It does for some people.. But they're taking a medicinal quantity..

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:58:04 »
I have never been able to go to sleep early. My entire life. Even before mobile phones I would just read into the small hours. Kind of sucks, but I also kind of like night time.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:12:04 »
I never sleep early... even if I do I just end up tossing and turning until late at night
it's probably cause of my existential dread or fear of the future and that I will be a failure in life
idk tho maybe I just can't sleep easily

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:17:58 »
I have never been able to go to sleep early. My entire life. Even before mobile phones I would just read into the small hours. Kind of sucks, but I also kind of like night time.

Did you have  Yellowish Soft white lights,  or did you have the bright "white" CCFL ..

That makes a major difference,  White ccfl keeps alot of people up and dramatically shifts their natural circadian rhythm.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:48:48 »

Did you have  Yellowish Soft white lights,  or did you have the bright "white" CCFL ..

That makes a major difference,  White ccfl keeps alot of people up and dramatically shifts their natural circadian rhythm.

Ccfl i think thru a lamp so it looks very yellowed

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:51:08 »

Ccfl i think thru a lamp so it looks very yellowed

What you want is to get as Yellow / Orange as possible.

You want something around 2000-3000K color. 

Even 3500-4000 is very blue.

Blue light triggers a special ganglion on the back of your eye directly wired to keep the brain system alert/awake, it's a timing mechanism.

Also, modify all your computer programs/ displays to do Grey on Black text.

190886-0

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 13:09:43 »
I have this issue... I can have perfect rhythm let's say 07:30 AM out of bed.. 09:00 at zeh office... 16:00-18:00 sports and then series / reading / hobbies whatever.

But if I go to bed late ONCE... I'm screwed for at least the remainder of the week. I cannot do it... I must be stringent or my rhythm is messed up again.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 14:41:42 »
I have this issue... I can have perfect rhythm let's say 07:30 AM out of bed.. 09:00 at zeh office... 16:00-18:00 sports and then series / reading / hobbies whatever.

But if I go to bed late ONCE... I'm screwed for at least the remainder of the week. I cannot do it... I must be stringent or my rhythm is messed up again.

Coffee or Tea are a big disruptors, not only because they shift the rhythm by keeping you unnaturally awake in the morning, but also because the half life of caffeine is so long, ~6 hours.. which means if you drink once in the morning and once at lunch, 1pm, you've still got 1/8th of the morning coffee and 1/4 of the afternoon caffeine is still in circulation. 97/448 th of the caffeine you drank during the day.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 15:03:21 »

I drink coffee at the latest around 16:00. I do drink tea at night, around 21:00, but it's herbal tea (not green / white / black), but it does feature mint. (Celestial Sleepy Time mmmmmmm)

Coffee or Tea are a big disruptors, not only because they shift the rhythm by keeping you unnaturally awake in the morning, but also because the half life of caffeine is so long, ~6 hours.. which means if you drink once in the morning and once at lunch, 1pm, you've still got 1/8th of the morning coffee and 1/4 of the afternoon caffeine is still in circulation. 97/448 th of the caffeine you drank during the day.

(Attachment Link)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 15:14:04 »

Coffee

Quitting coffee is tough because it's ubiquitous and only slowly harmful.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:16:38 »
Throughout my college years I mostly slept from about 2AM-10AM. Now I typically go to bed around 7:30PM and wake up around 2AM. Feels weird being awake at that time of day even after a year of being on this schedule.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:07:39 »
Just as long as you don't keep waking yourself up to post that you're nearly asleep.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:30:57 »
This has got to set a new nadir in the banal, mundane, vapid, stale, and tired postings.

Even bowel movements or female cousins are more interesting than this.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:46:23 »
This has got to set a new nadir in the banal, mundane, vapid, stale, and tired postings.

Fohat, any complaint you may have , is a step below whatever banality you're complaining about,

Because you'd actually have to be MORE bored, than the alleged bored post, to apply effort and complain about it.

Get your life together Yo..    if you truly had more worthwhile places to be, or more worthwhile things to do,  You wouldn't be here.. just leave.. hahahahahahahahahaha..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:47:56 »
Just as long as you don't keep waking yourself up to post that you're nearly asleep.

I actually woke up last night,  was gonna post about the dream I had.. But, it was too weird, and i wouldn't want the NSA to put me on a the crazy list...

Offline JP

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 21:15:06 »

I actually woke up last night,  was gonna post about the dream I had.. But, it was too weird, and i wouldn't want the NSA to put me on a the crazy list...

Your on a list, probably all of them like the rest of us.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 21:51:26 »
Turning off Internet.. !!

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 22:00:34 »
you worry way too much about your health, all these endless threads about how anxious and fragile you are are worrisome my dude.

Way to add to his mental burdens: first he worries about his health, now he has to worry about being a hypochondriac? Next you'll be reminding him that we all die alone. probably due to cancer, and when we least expect it. **** like that would keep me up at night, and we all know that's bad for our health.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 22:57:20 »

Way to add to his mental burdens: first he worries about his health, now he has to worry about being a hypochondriac? Next you'll be reminding him that we all die alone. probably due to cancer, and when we least expect it. **** like that would keep me up at night, and we all know that's bad for our health.

chill fam, that's some real slippery slope **** I just read there

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 00:00:38 »
It's a slippery slope all the way down to the oblivion, brother.

Joking, of course. Bedtime is good time, and this is a scientific fact. Turn off your big internet and your little internet. Listen to the rain or the traffic or the night.

Also breath-holding exercises are surprisingly effective to work on the mind/body feedback loop.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 00:07:32 »

Joking, of course. Bedtime is good time, and this is a scientific fact. Turn off your big internet and your little internet. Listen to the rain or the traffic or the night.

Also breath-holding exercises are surprisingly effective to work on the mind/body feedback loop.
I have tinnitus so I gotta keep ambient noise like a fan... it sucks so much

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 07:24:41 »

I have tinnitus so I gotta keep ambient noise like a fan... it sucks so much

100% veggie @ 10% fats,   cures tinnitus.. !!

But for most tinnitus sufferers, it's simply not disconcerting enough a reason to give up the pleasure of Popeyes Fried Chicken..

Unfortunately, if we accept that the level of pleasure in our lives should remain at an elevated (fried chicken) level, then indeed Tinnitus is incurable..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 07:27:54 »

chill fam, that's some real slippery slope **** I just read there

Tp4 is at least 3000% less likely to die of cancer due to 100% Veggie ..

However, 100% Veggie has increased Tp4's odds of dying alone from a matter of Certainty to An Ecclesiastical Declaration

And that's the Story of how Tp4 became Gekhak's incontestable Chairman of #Ronery4ever.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 07:54:37 »
TP should eat more vegetables, then TP can sleep.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 21:45:04 »
TP should eat more vegetables, then TP can sleep.

Tp4 eats 100% veggie for 100% sleep !!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:54:05 »

Don't tempt him!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 15:52:11 »
AAHH it's 22:00, I need to go to bed. BUT I AM SO AWAKE. TP HELP.

Sipping sleep tea... trying to get away from my 3 computer screens. Trying to chill. BUT SO AWAKE. Last coffee at 15:00.

WHY. WHY is my rhythm so messed up. I need to be at the office around 08:30, which means getting up at 07:00.

Also I want to code..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:32:54 »

Sipping sleep tea... trying to get away from my 3 computer screens. Trying to chill. BUT SO AWAKE. Last coffee at 15:00.

WHY. WHY is my rhythm so messed up. I need to be at the office around 08:30, which means getting up at 07:00.

Also I want to code..

Also I want to code..

It's important that you're not looking at anything on screen that's bright white or blue.

room lighting should also be dimmed as deeply as is practical. "don't fall, trip over ur cat"

Our circadian rhythm is designed and responds best to Natural lighting conditions,   if it's dark out, as close to darkness as possible is the best room lighting..

Remember,  there is what man wants,  and there's Nature that designed us..  it's a give and take,  but usually nature wins.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 18:01:14 »
If you are around electronics all day, I highly recommend that you install Flux.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 18:20:46 »

Also I want to code..

Also I want to code..

It's important that you're not looking at anything on screen that's bright white or blue.

room lighting should also be dimmed as deeply as is practical. "don't fall, trip over ur cat"

Our circadian rhythm is designed and responds best to Natural lighting conditions,   if it's dark out, as close to darkness as possible is the best room lighting..

Remember,  there is what man wants,  and there's Nature that designed us..  it's a give and take,  but usually nature wins.

Good points yeah I now try to go to bed one hour earlier and read a book off of paper. That helps. I also have more dim lights installed in my bedroom.

But the thing is... always somewhere around 00:00 ideas pop in for anything I'm working on or interested in... code solutions... research ideas... perspectives on life. So annoying. And I HAVE to write them down otherwise they go lost.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 18:23:17 »

Good points yeah I now try to go to bed one hour earlier and read a book off of paper. That helps. I also have more dim lights installed in my bedroom.

But the thing is... always somewhere around 00:00 ideas pop in for anything I'm working on or interested in... code solutions... research ideas... perspectives on life. So annoying. And I HAVE to write them down otherwise they go lost.

i have a bed-puter for dream records and bed-side-ideas..

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with an idea, write it, and forget i wrote it, then i read it later and i'm like, w00ahh, Tp4 = Smarts..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 20:50:56 »
Hrrrm.. Been faithful since last week..

Tp4 systems is now tuned for Normal-Operations..

Already feel a little droopy eye right now.. 1hr 10 minutes till power-off