Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon R2  (Read 157023 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 09:24:05 »
Small update.

Round 1 upgrade kit
- added missing numblock enters.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 09:33:26 »
Ivory mods for a full beige set have me feeling some type of way..

Good stuff T0m!  :thumb:
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 10:34:02 »
Update.

Introduction of 40% kit.
I want to appologize to minivan owners but i can not support this keyboard. I got my own reasons for it. I am really sorry. I wish i could give it support but its not possible.
Show Image

So far all other 40% layouts (only default layout) should be covered. This kit is an extension and should be combined with Carbon or Bone base kits. I think its also possible to use it in combination with GMK Carbon base set from round 1.

All the split spacebars and keys will be available in an spacebar kit.

Aren’t these R0, R5 are the same height/slope as the corresponding rows in DCS profile? I’m not sure how I will feel about it, I like Cherry profile for been lower than DCS and I do not like the steep bottom row keys in DCS.
This is really good that you are planning to have a separate kit for ErgoDox/ortho.

I've never tried dcs profile properly and i cant say anything about it. However i've typed on bsp sets which have row5 bottom row and i would not say that the higher angle was an issue. But if you are interested in Ergoplanck kit then you have the choice between row 4 and 5 bottomrow. So it should not be an issue in this case.

Bones kits are making me truly look at Carbon for the first time ever. Basically have two full kits between Bone Base, Boneyard Alphas, Ivory Mods, plus the new Bone Icon Extensions!

This is good to hear, because bone was made in order to give people who dont like orange color an option.

can you share your reasons for not supporting the minivan? I'd like to hear them
Not like it matters, a lot of 40's kits usually dont hit MOQ anyway, including anything outside of a generic 40's layout will just make it that much harder to hit MOQ.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 13:28:26 »
Update.

Introduction of 40% kit.
I want to appologize to minivan owners but i can not support this keyboard. I got my own reasons for it. I am really sorry. I wish i could give it support but its not possible.
Show Image

So far all other 40% layouts (only default layout) should be covered. This kit is an extension and should be combined with Carbon or Bone base kits. I think its also possible to use it in combination with GMK Carbon base set from round 1.

All the split spacebars and keys will be available in an spacebar kit.

Aren’t these R0, R5 are the same height/slope as the corresponding rows in DCS profile? I’m not sure how I will feel about it, I like Cherry profile for been lower than DCS and I do not like the steep bottom row keys in DCS.
This is really good that you are planning to have a separate kit for ErgoDox/ortho.

I've never tried dcs profile properly and i cant say anything about it. However i've typed on bsp sets which have row5 bottom row and i would not say that the higher angle was an issue. But if you are interested in Ergoplanck kit then you have the choice between row 4 and 5 bottomrow. So it should not be an issue in this case.

Bones kits are making me truly look at Carbon for the first time ever. Basically have two full kits between Bone Base, Boneyard Alphas, Ivory Mods, plus the new Bone Icon Extensions!

This is good to hear, because bone was made in order to give people who dont like orange color an option.

can you share your reasons for not supporting the minivan? I'd like to hear them
Not like it matters, a lot of 40's kits usually dont hit MOQ anyway, including anything outside of a generic 40's layout will just make it that much harder to hit MOQ.

you're right, it doesn't matter :D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 14:54:07 »
Update.

40% kit has been replaced by the Xtra 4.0 kit (sry for the name but i could not find any other matching name and i might rename it later)

Some info on this kit:
The bad: you know i cant support Carbon and Bone colorways fully. Thus this kit supports only Carbon colorway.
The good:
- it does have full row 4 bottom row which is more comfortable for low angle keybaords and its fully compatible with the carbon base set. So basically i merged the 40% kit with the Extra kit i was talking about previously. Ofcourse i cant provide row 4 bottom row for bones.
- for 40% layouts you will still need one of the base kit for beige alphas OR you can choose one of the extension alphas (beezarre or boneyard) and skipp the base set.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 July 2018, 15:23:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Talljoe

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 15:15:42 »
Just flip the keyboard.

There was a time (pre-DIY) when I was experimenting with an upside-down keyboard and AHK to get massive numbers of thumb keys

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 15:51:12 »
DW I got your back

Show Image

Show Image

Best way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, this made me laugh so hard  :)) :)) :))

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:00:16 »
Update.

40% kit has been replaced by the Xtra 4.0 kit (sry for the name but i could not find any other matching name and i might rename it later)
Show Image

Some info on this kit:
The bad: you know i cant support Carbon and Bone colorways fully. Thus this kit supports only Carbon colorway.
The good:
- it does have full row 4 bottom row which is more comfortable for low angle keybaords and its fully compatible with the carbon base set. So basically i merged the 40% kit with the Extra kit i was talking about previously. Ofcourse i cant provide row 4 bottom row for bones.
- for 40% layouts you will still need one of the base kit for beige alphas OR you can choose one of the extension alphas (beezarre or boneyard) and skipp the base set.
Thanks for supporting R4 bottom row! Just one thing ... is it possible to add in the novelties kit a couple of 1.25u Carbon Hexagon novelties for R4 bottom row?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:15:39 »
Thanks for supporting R4 bottom row! Just one thing ... is it possible to add in the novelties kit a couple of 1.25u Carbon Hexagon novelties for R4 bottom row?

Cant say really now. Carbon novelties do belong into Novelties kit. Round 1 owners might want to get on these too. Probably i have to design an exclusive novelty (sugar key) for this kit. So i need to think about that.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:57:40 »
DW I got your back

Show Image

Show Image

Best way
Show Image

Are you a retired person?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 17:58:51 »
DW I got your back

Show Image

Show Image

Best way
Show Image

10 min work flipping them around and back again. You don’t have to be retired for that, just a bit bored :P

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 19:10:20 »
DW I got your back

Show Image

Show Image

Best way
Show Image

10 min work flipping them around and back again. You don’t have to be retired for that, just a bit bored :p

Still.  :))

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 16:26:58 »
R0 and R5 would be new for me. Count me in.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 22:36:48 »
Update.

Show Image

Some info on this kit:
The good:
I second the request for R4 novelties. Thanks for getting R4 bottom row support in there!

Offline pentawater

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:29:03 »
Any chance the boneyard enter is moved into novelties or something? I really want that enter, but I don't want to get a full alpha set for it

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:34:24 »
Any chance the boneyard enter is moved into novelties or something? I really want that enter, but I don't want to get a full alpha set for it

That key is 1.75 for the Capslock position, it's a sugar key same as the ones for Beezarre and will only be part of that alphas kit.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 14:41:13 »
Update.

Beezarre and Boneyard alphas:
- changed sugar key positions in mockup in order to make clear that those are caps lock keys.

Novelties:
- added row 4 novelties for round 1 owners and for low angle boards (the purpose of the Xtra 4.0 kit)

Xtra 4.0 kit:
- added sugar keys in form of concave (!convex keys cant have legends because they are not double shot!) keys with graphene. They are supposed to be used as split spacebar for Carbon colorway. Some might use these also as shift replacement but i am personaly not a fan of this. Those sugar keys are subject to change.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 18:59:24 »
It's been awhile since I used MD, so remind me please: The "child kits" require the purchase of a base kit also, right? So as a R1 owner, the only way to get the "upgrade" kit would be to buy another base kit or piggy back on someone's order?

Either way, looking forward to it. Still one of my favorite keysets and full r0-r5 is something I've been itching to try.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 19:03:45 »
It's been awhile since I used MD, so remind me please: The "child kits" require the purchase of a base kit also, right? So as a R1 owner, the only way to get the "upgrade" kit would be to buy another base kit or piggy back on someone's order?

Either way, looking forward to it. Still one of my favorite keysets and full r0-r5 is something I've been itching to try.

No, you can order just a child kit.  You just say "No thanks" to the parent kit, like this:

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 19:17:33 »
Novelties:
- added row 4 novelties for round 1 owners and for low angle boards (the purpose of the Xtra 4.0 kit)
:thumb:
Thank you!

Offline bciamny

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 23:33:15 »
just read through the top about r0 and r5. not a fan of cherry profile generally but if all six rows are used i think i have to be in. :)

Offline mtuanvu

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 03:18:52 »
this will cost a lot but count me in

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 05:45:40 »
Do Massdrop not allow EU vendors for GBs? Would love this set but don't want to be hit by customs charges

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 06:35:36 »
Do Massdrop not allow EU vendors for GBs? Would love this set but don't want to be hit by customs charges

For a long time I thought it impossible but recently DSA Ice Cream ran simultaneously at Massdrop and Candykeys (and it was significantly cheaper at Candykeys lmao, fat margin on that one on Massdrop)
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 15:56:14 »
I have to figure how many kits I have to buy now because orange alphas are back babyyyyyyyyyy.  Still haven't put R1 Carbon and SA Bone on a keyboard yet but that's okay. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline kehlad

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 21:42:31 »
Don't even have enough keyboards for all the sets that I bought and I'm already thinking of getting a couple of these. Looks like I'm gonna have to get some more keyboards
Whitefox w/ Hako Trues | Anne Pro w/ Gateron Browns | GK64 w/ Zelios 65g | DZ60 5 Degree case w/ Box Royal | Drop CTRL w/ Zelios 65g v2 | Drop x OLKB Preonic w/ Zilents 65g v2 | Drop ALT w/ Sakurios | Tofu 65 w/ Creams

Offline nugglets

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 23:54:06 »

No, you can order just a child kit.  You just say "No thanks" to the parent kit, like this:

Show Image

Oh sweet, thanks. Must be a new(er) feature, and a very welcome one.

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 05:02:51 »
Sorry for pressing one crucial point: EU without Massdrop or at least proxy? Massdrop itself is allready almost a no go for me, but producing in germnay, sending to US, and then back to germany makes it totally unjoinable for me, sorry...

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 06:52:06 »
Sorry for pressing one crucial point: EU without Massdrop or at least proxy? Massdrop itself is allready almost a no go for me, but producing in germnay, sending to US, and then back to germany makes it totally unjoinable for me, sorry...

This is how it has been since Day One and the funny thing is AFAIK besides like one person every celebrity keycap designer for Massdrop is not located in the US lol
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 07:26:04 »
"We always have iot done this way" ist not even an argument. I am not talking designer, I am talking manufacturer. GMK could be quite cheap for us EU members. Instead it is quite expensive. If it is a SP set - no complaint. But if it is GMK I beg to differ.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 07:37:35 »
Well, it's what it is. I've seen zero signal that it might change in the future unfortunately. Plus 21% let's go :( :( Still makes no sense tho, but nothing we can do about it.
Maybe, just maybe, with MD buying GH, there is light at the end of the tunnel for us Europeans buying GMK sets.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 08:05:42 »
Well, it's what it is. I've seen zero signal that it might change in the future unfortunately. Plus 21% let's go :( :( Still makes no sense tho, but nothing we can do about it.
Maybe, just maybe, with MD buying GH, there is light at the end of the tunnel for us Europeans buying GMK sets.

I'm all for EU warehouses and logistic improvements in general but that'll mostly be a quality of life improvement rather than a big monetary change. You're not paying 21% VAT because you're getting your GMK sets from the US, you're paying 21% VAT because you reside in the EU. The pricing MD displays does not include VAT because most their customers are located in the US.

At most you'd be saving like $5-10 in shipping and then depending on your country and how customs work there you'd potentially save in handling/storage and import fees in general. Overall it's pretty negligible, the real difference would be in that you don't need to go through the trouble of handling the whole customs process (which is horrible here in Portugal, at least) and you'd get your stuff way faster.

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 08:33:55 »
That is just half of the truth. First of all, I wouldn't have to pay 21, I would have to pay 19%. And this would be WITHOUT shipment costs - half of the shipment costs are included in the VAT calculation, because it is within the MD revenue calc. We would have WAY lower shipment costs over here in Europe. I have participated in a stictly german GB for a GMK Dolch Set, and this was 117€ including DHL. It really would be cheaper without dobling the shipemtn and logistics costs.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 08:37:10 »
"We always have iot done this way" ist not even an argument. I am not talking designer, I am talking manufacturer. GMK could be quite cheap for us EU members. Instead it is quite expensive. If it is a SP set - no complaint. But if it is GMK I beg to differ.

as vigrith said too, if you bought them directly from GMK from within the EU somewhere, it'd be 20% more expensive... where I live (thankfully not EU, but still pay for EU shipping prices), we have 9% VAT to products. So stuff I order from Germany end up 20% cheaper when I pay for them, and then have 9% added by our customs.

but MD has been looking into starting a EU warehouse for some time now, so we might profit from cheaper shipping soon with some luck

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 09:35:51 »
That is just half of the truth. First of all, I wouldn't have to pay 21, I would have to pay 19%. And this would be WITHOUT shipment costs - half of the shipment costs are included in the VAT calculation, because it is within the MD revenue calc. We would have WAY lower shipment costs over here in Europe. I have participated in a stictly german GB for a GMK Dolch Set, and this was 117€ including DHL. It really would be cheaper without dobling the shipemtn and logistics costs.

It's not half the truth, it was a simplistic explanation. Half the truth would imply ill intent which is obviously not the case.

Of course you'll save pennies elsewhere as you stated since shipping is factored into VAT calculations, there are discrepancies in VAT values (19% in Germany as opposed to 23% here in Portugal) which can be quite relevant, etc.

How long ago was that Dolch set ran? 2 years? The prices have shifted heavily as I'm sure you're aware, GMK TA 90 is 140€ being ran by Mykeyboard right now + 16€ shipping (which, funnily enough, is more than the $13 I pay for MD shipping GMK trays back and forth over to me). Of course comparing theoretical Massdrop prices to those of their "competitors" doesn't do anyone any good either way but yea. Point is the difference in price wouldn't be that big nowadays, obviously saving where possible is always good but the biggest improvement is just quality of life as said.

Offline Jaceun

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 11:08:10 »
Thanks for all of your work on this Tombry. Really looking forward to trying out the old cherry profiles.

I would love to see the numpad ∅ from the 'rolling bones' kit make it into the normal set if it is at all possible. I like that it is different, and makes the numpad more interesting. I bought that kit just for that key if I am honest during SA Carbon R2. I would totally understand if it is cost prohibitive or just too many keys already, but maybe you can consider it :)
Leopold FC660M | MX Blues

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 15:09:14 »
I would love to see the numpad ∅ from the 'rolling bones' kit make it into the normal set if it is at all possible. I like that it is different, and makes the numpad more interesting. I bought that kit just for that key if I am honest during SA Carbon R2. I would totally understand if it is cost prohibitive or just too many keys already, but maybe you can consider it :)

Moving that specific key is not possible. Its a non standard key and it does not belong into base kit. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 July 2018, 15:15:48 by T0mb3ry »

Offline quazikun

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 18:15:40 »
in for r2!

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 03:05:15 »
- Added new extension "Bone Icon Extension kit". Afaik all the icons do already exist and i am using my source of information which i cant publish.
Show Image

will there be an "Icon Extension Kit" (gray / orange) as well?

(Most probably) in for R1 update and "Icon ExKit".

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 03:58:17 »
I will not support your products and you know exactly why. So i dont see the point to share it ;) This is also a wrong thread for drama or what ever.

Wow...Carbon is probably my most favorite keyset of all time. But reading through the most recent posts about the lack of Minivan support is kind of concerning. Is the intention to hurt TheVanKeyboards or fans of your work? Because honestly, it only hurts those of us who are willing to spend quite a bit of money on your keysets to outfit our keyboards. Alienating part of the community because of some kind of grudge against Evan, doesn’t directly impact him...it makes those of us with Minivans suffer. I hope you reconsider your decision to leave out compatibility for the Minivan. This will be the 3rd time I’ve joined the drop for an incarnation of Carbon and I hope that I speak for a lot of us when I say that we would simply like to see our boards supported. It’s just a few keys and the least you can do to show love for this part of the community.   :thumb:

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 04:50:48 »
- Added new extension "Bone Icon Extension kit". Afaik all the icons do already exist and i am using my source of information which i cant publish.
Show Image

will there be an "Icon Extension Kit" (gray / orange) as well?

(Most probably) in for R1 update and "Icon ExKit".

T0mb3ry already mentioned in this thread that full Icon is only meant for Bone base kit, not Orange base, not Ivory mods.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 06:18:25 »
I will not support your products and you know exactly why. So i dont see the point to share it ;) This is also a wrong thread for drama or what ever.

Wow...Carbon is probably my most favorite keyset of all time. But reading through the most recent posts about the lack of Minivan support is kind of concerning. Is the intention to hurt TheVanKeyboards or fans of your work? Because honestly, it only hurts those of us who are willing to spend quite a bit of money on your keysets to outfit our keyboards. Alienating part of the community because of some kind of grudge against Evan, doesn’t directly impact him...it makes those of us with Minivans suffer. I hope you reconsider your decision to leave out compatibility for the Minivan. This will be the 3rd time I’ve joined the drop for an incarnation of Carbon and I hope that I speak for a lot of us when I say that we would simply like to see our boards supported. It’s just a few keys and the least you can do to show love for this part of the community.   :thumb:

Its his decision. Period. He already mentioned he did not want to talk about it nor did he see a reason to keep bringing it up. If you cannot not find a kit that supports your keyboard and the designer is against it, just shrug it off and move on. Same thing with GMK Serika. That's just the hard cold truth about this community. He cannot just please everyone and someone will eventually be left out.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 06:19:20 »

Its his decision. Period. He already mentioned he did not want to talk about it nor did he see a reason to keep bringing it up. If you cannot not find a kit that supports your keyboard and the designer is against it, just shrug it off and move on. I don't know what is going on between them but also I don't see why we need to keep digging up this drama. That's just the hard cold truth about this community. The designer cannot just please everyone and someone will eventually be left out. Same thing with Zambumon and GMK Serika.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2018, 06:21:40 by otanishock »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 06:22:06 »

Its his decision. Period. He already mentioned he did not want to talk about it nor did he see a reason to keep bringing it up. If you cannot not find a kit that supports your keyboard and the designer is against it, just shrug it off and move on. I don't know what is going on between them but also I don't see why we need to keep digging up this drama. That's just the hard cold truth about this community. The designer cannot just please everyone and someone will eventually be left out. Same thing with Zambumon and GMK Serika.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #294 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 09:12:36 »

Its his decision. Period. He already mentioned he did not want to talk about it nor did he see a reason to keep bringing it up. If you cannot not find a kit that supports your keyboard and the designer is against it, just shrug it off and move on. Same thing with GMK Serika. That's just the hard cold truth about this community. He cannot just please everyone and someone will eventually be left out.

You blind sheep. Can you not read between the lines? There’s obviously some vindictive purpose to leave out support for a popular 40% board.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 09:46:10 »

You blind sheep. Can you not read between the lines? There’s obviously some vindictive purpose to leave out support for a popular 40% board.

The designer already said he had his reasons for not supporting your keyboard and we should respect that. Being stubborn and keep bugging him for reconsideration is just ignorant. Evan already demanded an explanation, did not get one and eventually moved on. If possible, I'd suggest you to do the same.

Offline bottleRocket

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 09:59:21 »
I think users are entitled to know why several designers are deciding to ignore a specific community user-base, especially when tombr3y brought it up first, whether it's addressed in this thread or a different one, it should still be addressed.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:16:23 »
Update.

- Added NORDEUK kit. Looking back at very succesfull GMK drops like Nautilus or Laser, everytime ISO kits made it barely. Thus i can only support beige alphas.

Regarding Minivan support. I was pretty clear previously and nothing will change my mind. If somebody does not agree with my decision then i am sorry.

Otheriwse please be polite to each other  ;)

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:37:53 »

I think you'll survive.

Or perhaps you'd consider the 5+ other keyboard layouts that this set supports rather than continuing to stir the pot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:41:30 by schoolbus »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:50:18 »
I think users are entitled to know why several designers are deciding to ignore a specific community user-base, especially when tombr3y brought it up first, whether it's addressed in this thread or a different one, it should still be addressed.

You're absolutely not entitled to knowing why they choose to not include x or y key in their set(s). I'm not saying transparency is a bad thing, I'm just saying they can do what they like with their set without having to justify every choice in key to potential buyers or community members in general.