Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766498 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 14:08:33 »
whoa... just stumbled into this..............................
my wallet, oh my wallet!

edit: can someone explain the stab options - standard vs screwed in?
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 14:15:35 by Belfong »

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 14:54:52 »
Will there be an option for the GMK set to support WKL?
Seems silly to only be 3 keys missing for compatibility for a common layout.

Offline boxfrommoon

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 15:34:30 »
I'm really interested in this keyboard but I still haven't fully decided whether to join the group buy or not. Couple of questions:

On the second page of the form there isn't a word "Additional" in the last questions related to stabilizers. I assume these still mean additional stabilizers. Am I right?

And secondly I would like to see more pictures of the aluminum top housing. Does anyone have some pictures of similar material used in some keyboard?

I would also love to see some more higher resolution pictures of the engineering sample!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 16:25:20 »
Will there be an option for the GMK set to support WKL?
Seems silly to only be 3 keys missing for compatibility for a common layout.

These are the only keys available: http://i.imgur.com/YyiDVrM.png

whoa... just stumbled into this..............................
my wallet, oh my wallet!

edit: can someone explain the stab options - standard vs screwed in?

Standard attaches to the PCB and the Screw-Ins are screwed in literally. The Screw-Ins are supposedly more stabilized with less wobble.

Offline dollartacos

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 16:26:23 »
Is there any additional info on the PCB?

Also, any idea if the plate/PCB would fit a TADA68 case? (totally blasphemous question, but thinking about ordering extra plate/PCB if yes)

Offline quadcube

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 17:55:06 »

Also, any idea if the plate/PCB would fit a TADA68 case? (totally blasphemous question, but thinking about ordering extra plate/PCB if yes)
any info you would like to know about the PCB?

not too sure about the plate, but the PCB does not have the required screw mounting holes of the TADA68.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 18:05:59 »

not too sure about the plate, but the PCB does not have the required screw mounting holes of the TADA68.

What does it look like!?   :D

Offline Data

« Reply #307 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 18:41:32 »

Yes, please share any photos or drawings that you can.  Thanks.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 18:56:27 »

Where will we eventually find instructions to program it? Printed on a piece of paper included with the board, or here in this thread? Or is it exactly the same files and instructions as the B.87 as described here http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183 ? For some reason this is the one question that weighs on my mind the most and that I haven't gotten much of an answer on (other than a vague "it will be available").

Offline funis21

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:22:37 »
:3
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:24:11 by funis21 »

Offline Dylan

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 07:54:01 »
Without a doubt the best looking I've seen in my searches, had to create an account to join in on this buy and let you know how awesome it is!

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 10:21:54 »

Where will we eventually find instructions to program it? Printed on a piece of paper included with the board, or here in this thread? Or is it exactly the same files and instructions as the B.87 as described here http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183 ? For some reason this is the one question that weighs on my mind the most and that I haven't gotten much of an answer on (other than a vague "it will be available").

It seems the PCB uses bootmapper so it will be like Winkeyless.kr's other keyboards. Its very easy to program them.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 19:54:44 »
It seems the PCB uses bootmapper so it will be like Winkeyless.kr's other keyboards. Its very easy to program them.

Right, I'd just like to know if it uses the B87 hex file or a custom one. And if we're going to get instructions (such as the key combo to put it in boot mapping mode) with the shipment or if it will be posted else elsewhere. Guess it doesn't matter though; a rather minor thing. Just haven't heard anything so I thought I'd ask.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 11:38:46 »
Without a doubt the best looking I've seen in my searches, had to create an account to join in on this buy and let you know how awesome it is!

Welcome.  Can I interest you in group buys?  You can join as many as you like.  Don't worry about food and shelter.  You will be OK.

Offline Dylan

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 15:42:37 »

Welcome.  Can I interest you in group buys?  You can join as many as you like.  Don't worry about food and shelter.  You will be OK.
Which switches provide the most calories?

Offline Data

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 19:36:54 »

Which switches provide the most calories?

Chocolate Browns, obviously.   :cool:

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #316 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 05:29:25 »
Do we start invoicing?

Offline quadcube

« Reply #317 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 01:04:48 »

Right, I'd just like to know if it uses the B87 hex file or a custom one. And if we're going to get instructions (such as the key combo to put it in boot mapping mode) with the shipment or if it will be posted else elsewhere. Guess it doesn't matter though; a rather minor thing. Just haven't heard anything so I thought I'd ask.
custom keymap file. to enter boot mapper,just hold one of the key and plug in the USB (i forgot which key i map it too, i think it's backspace)

Offline Data

« Reply #318 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 02:19:32 »
So the GB ends soon and invoices are about to go out but we still haven't seen a photo, drawing, render, or crayon scribble on construction paper of the PCB for the Exent.  What gives?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #319 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 05:23:00 »
So the GB ends soon and invoices are about to go out but we still haven't seen a photo, drawing, render, or crayon scribble on construction paper of the PCB for the Exent.  What gives?

Hi, what would you like to know specifically?

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 07:24:38 »
I think I want to upgrade my order to a premium kit. Should I resubmit a new order form or get it updated?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #321 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 07:39:11 »
I think I want to upgrade my order to a premium kit. Should I resubmit a new order form or get it updated?
Just update your existing submission if you are able to do so  :thumb:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 08:27:34 »

Can't. I get a new empty form every time. Which is why I was asking. :-/

Offline ClearKeys

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 10:42:22 »
This. I need this. GMK Snes with Silver Exent

Decided to see Grey (http://i.imgur.com/oSGgEhC.jpg) and Black (http://i.imgur.com/kOtf8Pq.jpg) also. I'm undecided!
Even the Silver extent with the default keycaps mimics an NES controller pretty well with the silver border, darker inlay and red highlights.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:22:58 by ClearKeys »

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 18:20:42 »
This. I need this. GMK Snes with Silver Exent

Show Image

Decided to see Grey (http://i.imgur.com/oSGgEhC.jpg) and Black (http://i.imgur.com/kOtf8Pq.jpg) also. I'm undecided!
Even the Silver extent with the default keycaps mimics an NES controller pretty well with the silver border, darker inlay and red highlights.

i could do without that black WASZ cluster,
but otherwise, nice job!

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #325 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 19:24:13 »

Just submit another one or you may pm Juahenza about it :)

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Data

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 21:10:46 »

How the LEDs are arranged
Orientation of the USB port
Orientation of the switches
Orientation of the stabilizers
Concessions made to accommodate multiple bottom row layouts
Placement of the controller
Locations of mounting holes, if any
PCB and silkscreen color
Placement of silkscreen legends, if any

And so on.  It sounds like a lot of trivial information, but they're things that could be answered with a single photo or a schematic or even a render.  I guess I don't understand why it's a secret.

If it's just a slightly modified version of B.87 then that's fine.  It's not a big deal, but you need to say that and I'll just Google some B.87 images.  If it's a full custom PCB then let us see it.  Don't you want to show it off?  I'm so confused...

Instead of asking me this question... you could have posted the image(s) I've been begging for.  I'm a customer and this is kind of important information that you're withholding.  If the PCB is some big secret and you can't articulate the reason for it then I might have to cancel my order.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:19:00 »

PCB and silkscreen color

And so on.  It sounds like a lot of trivial information, but they're things that could be answered with a single photo or a schematic or even a render.  I guess I don't understand why it's a secret.

If it's just a slightly modified version of B.87 then that's fine.  It's not a big deal, but you need to say that and I'll just Google some B.87 images.  If it's a full custom PCB then let us see it.  Don't you want to show it off?  I'm so confused...

Instead of asking me this question... you could have posted the image(s) I've been begging for.  I'm a customer and this is kind of important information that you're withholding.  If the PCB is some big secret and you can't articulate the reason for it then I might have to cancel my order.

Yeah I'd like to see the PCB too. There are a number of configurations I'm thinking of and I'd like to make sure the PCB can accommodate them.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:21:55 »

PCB and silkscreen color

Hi there, it's no secret. I believe we might have overlooked your msg earlier. Sorry.

There you got. Here's a back view of the pcb. Not final but almost. It's no where near b87 I think.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:24:28 »
Oh yeah, since it's not finalised yet, feel free to comment. Thank you.

My collection

More

Offline Data

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:28:31 »
More

PCB and silkscreen color

Hi there, it's no secret. I believe we might have overlooked your msg earlier. Sorry.

There you got. Here's a back view of the pcb. Not final but almost. It's no where near b87 I think.

Show Image

Thank you!  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:49:04 »

PCB and silkscreen color

Show Image

Is that 18 LEDs?!    :D

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 02:32:30 »

PCB and silkscreen color

Show Image

Yeah! Reduced from 22 to 18 for better light distribution.
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:00:07 »
Yeah! Reduced from 22 to 18 for better light distribution.

Beam me up juahenza!

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:53:12 »
This is very close to closing and I am considering buying extras. Quick question...  how does the plate fit the top housing? Can it fit other cases similar to Whitefox or the Ramabae65/ JC65?

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline juahenza

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:01:38 »
This is very close to closing and I am considering buying extras. Quick question...  how does the plate fit the top housing? Can it fit other cases similar to Whitefox or the Ramabae65/ JC65?
I am not sure about whitefox or JC65. The internal of the EXENT is similar to most Kustom, where the plate is mounted to the top housing.
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline rustywok

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (2 days left!!)
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 21:40:15 »
I broke. I crumbled. I cracked. I ordered.   :thumb: The Exent is just too beautiful. 

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 06:52:18 »
Mayhap I paid an invoice  :rolleyes:

Offline juahenza

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 07:39:43 »
Thank you bro <3

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 07:57:10 »

Offline juahenza

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:41:40 »
Thank you bro <3

Invoices have gone out?
Partly. I am taking a break now. Will continue in awhile.

Offline Dylan

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 10:48:26 »
So, just curious because this is my first group buy, do we have to solder the switches on or do they come pre soldered? What sort of assembly is required?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 10:59:56 »
So, just curious because this is my first group buy, do we have to solder the switches on or do they come pre soldered? What sort of assembly is required?
You'll have to solder the switches in along with installing stabilizers.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:02:27 »
Thank you bro <3

Invoices have gone out?

Show Image

That's the best kind of break. =)

Look forward to getting the invoice and locking this bad boy in.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:10:19 »
Thank you bro <3

Invoices have gone out?

Show Image

I assume it's ok to pay on the very last day right (28th?)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Dylan

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:17:55 »
Ah man, no idea how to do that. Is it difficult? Is it possible to take it somewhere for someone to do? I probably sound like an idiot haha, apologies.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:21:11 »
Ah man, no idea how to do that. Is it difficult? Is it possible to take it somewhere for someone to do? I probably sound like an idiot haha, apologies.

It's not too hard to do, but I would recommend a little research and practice first if you are going to do it yourself. Many cities will have options for getting this done professionally, and also you can try reaching out in maker communities and keyboard communities like this one, a lot of people would be willing to help out, but that is a grab bag of skill

Offline juahenza

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:26:34 »
It's not difficult at all, since all the smd components come pre soldered. You should total try it out yourself first.                   

Offline dr-slump

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 13:14:22 »
Thank you bro <3

Invoices have gone out?

Show Image

Hi mate.
Sent you a PP yesterday about canceling my first order because I couldn't edit it.
I've filled out a second form, stating the same in the "Note" section.

Thanks in advance & Best regards !
Waiting for GMK Miami Dolch ISO . . .

Looking for: Titainium Spacebar 6.25

Offline Dylan

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 15:36:08 »
Thanks Pixel and juahenza, I'll try and make a project out of it but if I don't have the time I'll end up at a computer repair store or something! Worth it for the board :)