Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 231490 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 18:24:16 »
I'd rather have a van. Best way to avoid all social situations ;)

Offline atarione

« Reply #851 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 18:49:20 »

good way to meet the police when people report it as a suspicious vehicle if you drive around their neighborhood.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #852 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 19:38:23 »

good way to meet the police when people report it as a suspicious vehicle if you drive around their neighborhood.

There was this one time a friend of mine used my PC to Google search how to build a bomb (Deerfield Beach Florida.. ffs). If I can survive plainclothed officers searching the neighborhood and the psycological tactics the officers use to deter dangerous criminals from focusing on their tasks I can definitely survive a few nosey civilians. Apparently I was already on some kind of list. Maybe they didn't like my choice of karaoke songs :))

Btw, Murica' has the best duck calls for criminals. Holy moly some of them are scary af. The whole 'experience' lasted for about a week.

The point is, if I had had a van I wouldn't have had a jerkass friend in the first place. lol.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #853 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:31:58 »
Why would anyone want to drive a pickup truck anyway? Oo
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #854 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:49:23 »

because those are the best friends to have come moving day... actually putting it that way does make it seem like a burden :))

Offline atarione

« Reply #855 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:21:11 »

because those are the best friends to have come moving day... actually putting it that way does make it seem like a burden :))

yeah.. my best friend just made me help him move.. the bastard  :) 

Offline atarione

« Reply #856 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:22:43 »

because of FREEDOM THAT IS WHY... also because I like to mountain bike and the truck is good for getting to trail-head and for carrying bikes..  if I'm honest the long bed would be better but then people will want to get you to help them move stuff more..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #857 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:27:15 »
:shrugemoji:

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #858 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:30:06 »
Pickups are a waste unless you are using it for work.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline atarione

« Reply #859 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:45:21 »

pickups are AWESOME.. if you are using them for fun..  :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #860 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 01:45:33 »

disagree, Tundra's can be great fun in a variety of ways. cheap to mod, virtually unbreakable, decent mileage, not too big.

now once you get into those bigger for no reason pickups you see driving around spotless and chromed out, yeah they are pointless. at that point you're just driving a circumcised SUV.

Offline iri

« Reply #861 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 02:51:47 »
The upside of all the euro weirdos on here... is my mid-sized truck can inspire the sort blah blah why you need such a truck comments that you would never hear from Americans .... the secret to happy truck owning.. SHORT BED.. then you don't have to help anyone do anything.  It is the "I'm only here to supervise" of truck formats..

also do note this is a smaller truck here in America where many people have full sized pickups.. I get 25~mpg highway (20mpg combined)  with this truck.. so shut it with any: why do you have this big truck blah blah nonsense.. probably better mileage than anyone with a BMW or whatever.

merica'  (also I'm a bit Croatian in ancestry so my truck is sportin' a Croatian Flag for the World Cup proceedings..  On to the Final GO CROATIA!!!)
lol peak murica reached
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #862 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 03:15:55 »
Exactly. In which case you're a farmer. Which is horrible.

Offline iri

« Reply #863 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 03:30:49 »
You don't have cubicles and useless meetings though!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #864 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 03:33:55 »
Yes, but whether you're a crop farmer or an animal farmer, you're knee-deep in **** all days long and everyone looks down on you D: .

Offline iri

« Reply #865 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 03:46:06 »
Yes, but whether you're a crop farmer or an animal farmer, you're knee-deep in **** all days long and everyone looks down on you D: .
Except mr plumber in the sewers :O

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 03:53:26 »
I have an AWD sedan with enough towing power to move a small trailer (not that I would want to but it's possible). I have a detachable bike rack for the times I need it. I don't have a Beamer but I do own a Lexus and I average around 35 MPG highway (though get about half that since living in Boston means sitting in traffic all day). Like I said, if your work requires hauling of some kind all day, go for it. Otherwise pickups are even worse than SUVs as a daily driver. Try taking a corner at 60 mph in your pickup and then let's talk.  :))

P.S. My brother used to own a Ford Ranger which is about as small as a pickup comes and I couldn't stand driving it. I had absolutely no leg room, I had to sit straight up in the seat, and I constantly felt like I was moving a giant slug around.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline iri

« Reply #867 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 04:49:39 »
I have an AWD sedan
Which one? And why, since you're living in a large city?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #868 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 08:35:00 »

2006 Lexus IS 250. AWD is nice for numerous reasons, not least of which is improved handling in the snow. Although Boston (and the surrounding suburbs) are very good at removing snow, it's certainly not perfect. Even disregarding that, I am often in towns with less massive snow removal efforts so it's a nice to have. Last year we got about 14 inches in one night and instead of spending an hour or two shoveling snow, I just turned the car on and drove through it; with my snow tires, there's not much I can't get through.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #869 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 13:58:18 »
Wouldn't that be better than not meeting anyone but cows in cubicles?

Offline atarione

« Reply #870 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 20:26:31 »
I have an AWD sedan with enough towing power to move a small trailer (not that I would want to but it's possible). I have a detachable bike rack for the times I need it. I don't have a Beamer but I do own a Lexus and I average around 35 MPG highway (though get about half that since living in Boston means sitting in traffic all day). Like I said, if your work requires hauling of some kind all day, go for it. Otherwise pickups are even worse than SUVs as a daily driver. Try taking a corner at 60 mph in your pickup and then let's talk.  :))

P.S. My brother used to own a Ford Ranger which is about as small as a pickup comes and I couldn't stand driving it. I had absolutely no leg room, I had to sit straight up in the seat, and I constantly felt like I was moving a giant slug around.

meh.. good on ya.   I wanted a truck, I have valid recreational uses for the truck that wouldn't be met as well by a crossover or SUV in my case (and I like trucks more) I didn't want a sedan or other car.. I wanted a truck.

I will say that my truck is a far cry from a old ranger,   I'm 6'3" 255~lbs I'm quite comfortable and not cramped driving this truck.. I have a 3.6L V6 w/ 310hp ... it isn't slow... It isn't a sports car and I didn't expect it to be, but it is nice to drive and pretty quite inside (for being a truck)..    I'm well pleased I expect my next vehicle to be another truck..

Offline iri

« Reply #871 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 05:46:21 »

2006 Lexus IS 250. AWD is nice for numerous reasons, not least of which is improved handling in the snow. Although Boston (and the surrounding suburbs) are very good at removing snow, it's certainly not perfect. Even disregarding that, I am often in towns with less massive snow removal efforts so it's a nice to have. Last year we got about 14 inches in one night and instead of spending an hour or two shoveling snow, I just turned the car on and drove through it; with my snow tires, there's not much I can't get through.
Good for you!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #872 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 08:33:37 »
Good for you!

Can't tell if that's sarcasm.  ;D

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 09:46:45 »
Try taking a corner at 60 mph in your pickup and then let's talk.  :))

I have a sedan ultra compact punce moblie and my wife has essentially the ute kinda small pickup truck variant of that car.

I have never unintentionally spun out in my sedan ultra compact punce moblie. Within a week of driving that ute kinda small pickup truck I unintentionally spun out and fishtailed three times.
Can confirm would not corner at 60mph in a ute kinda small pickup truck, can confirm would not corner at 20mph in a utekinda small pickup truck.

In my defence defense, I was mainly driving a work Landcruiser 200 series (not the luxury SUV thing they sell in the states, but the lino clad work vehicle they sell everywhere else) for about a year prior this and it was raining like a mother****er.

Edit: edited to cater for my brothers from the same imperial mother.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 July 2018, 17:51:51 by fanpeople »

Offline Coreda

« Reply #875 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 11:38:34 »
What's an  " ute"

Originally meant to be pickup truck named 'commute', with 'com' being Latin for 'altogether' but naturally with it being Australian they forgot to add the middle so they dropped the altogether bit and just went with 'ute'.

Offline atarione

« Reply #876 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:07:13 »
What's an  " ute"

it is a a car with a truck bed... basically.. it is a kinda of vehicle popular in Australia .. some Aussie farmer wrote Ford a letter back in the day requesting a vehicle he could drive his crops to market during the week and the wife to town on the weekend.. the Ute was the result.

In America the main examples of this historically are the Chevy El Camino and Ford Ranchero.    Misguided people here insist on calling the Honda Ridgeline  :(  (fekkin' ridgline) a truck.. but it is basically a Ute also.

true fact.. I hate the honda Ridgeline with a deep burning passion... last thing the world needs is a unibody front wheel drive "truck" screw you ridgeline... screw you.

Offline iri

« Reply #877 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:20:23 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #878 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:54:12 »
What's an  " ute"

Originally meant to be pickup truck named 'commute', with 'com' being Latin for 'altogether' but naturally with it being Australian they forgot to add the middle so they dropped the altogether bit and just went with 'ute'.
I thought it was short for "utility vehicle" Oo .

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #879 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 17:05:05 »
What's an  " ute"

I thought it was short for "utility vehicle" Oo .

You are the correct one.

Offline fanpeople

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #881 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 17:55:40 »

What's an  " ute"

I thought it was short for "utility vehicle"

That's what I thought, too.

But a van is very useful if you have to haul around volumes of stuff on at least a semi-regular basis. I sorely miss my Honda Odyssey.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #882 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 20:48:42 »
I didn't want a truck but my dad talked me into getting one when I needed a new vehicle. It's been a great vehicle overall. In rare occasions I've used it as a truck to move stuff and even use four wheel drive in winter. It's great for hauling my bikes and hauling junk when I go picking for keyboards and old computers. On long trips which is everyday I pay for it at the pump. Insurance is cheap at least. Also with a lot of reckless and aggressive drivers on the highway it definitely feels a lot safer.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #883 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 12:47:16 »
The Subaru Baja is one of the only utes I've seen consistently in the US.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #884 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 16:47:18 »
ute literally means "utility vehicle" referring to ANY consumer workhorse from pickups to SUVs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #885 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 17:00:12 »
Tp4 dreams of building out a Van-Life van.. Then drive cross Murica,

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #886 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 18:23:55 »
Tp4 dreams of building out a Van-Life van.. Then drive cross Murica,

:thumb:

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #887 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 11:28:53 »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #888 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 15:16:43 »
I was just meeting up with a friend in Amsterdam, sitting outside and having a beer, when some American guy stoned off his balls smoking a joint started sitting next to us and kept talking incessantly at us even when we were looking away or talking to each other over him. The amount of rubbish that kept pouring out of his mouth was already incredible, but when he started talking about Stephen Hawking's death being faked we just paid and left.

Jeez guys, can't you just ****ing legalise marijuana already so we don't have to have these people around here? :p

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #889 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 17:02:08 »
I was just meeting up with a friend in Amsterdam, sitting outside and having a beer, when some American guy stoned off his balls smoking a joint started sitting next to us and kept talking incessantly at us even when we were looking away or talking to each other over him. The amount of rubbish that kept pouring out of his mouth was already incredible, but when he started talking about Stephen Hawking's death being faked we just paid and left.

Jeez guys, can't you just ****ing legalise marijuana already so we don't have to have these people around here? :p

I sincerly apologise on the behalf of all Americans that can't comprehend confidence vs. tolerance. Downtown Gainesville, FL had its fair share of those types even before bath salts were a thing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #890 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 17:46:31 »

Chyros on one of those traditional August European Secs Tours eh ??

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #891 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 18:34:35 »

Why would I need to go to Amsterdam for that? :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #892 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 19:36:53 »

Why would I need to go to Amsterdam for that? :p

IDK, regional center for human trafficking,, specialized kinks,, etc,, etc,,

Offline JP

« Reply #893 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 20:54:51 »

Do tell. It sounds like perhaps you've looked into this  :p
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #894 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:56:56 »
no further comment
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #895 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 16:10:28 »

Do tell. It sounds like perhaps you've looked into this  :p

Ask Chyros,,  He Xpert 1st hand xperience

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #896 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 16:12:18 »
no further comment

There are People who watch TV..

Then there are People who believe the things they see on TV..

Lots more of these folks than one may believe, 

The BASE education system here in the states is very low..

It is designed purposefully to produce Blue Collar workers..

This is necessary..

Offline iri

« Reply #897 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:26:25 »
I'm fine with being Russian. The Democratic Party of the USA isn't appealing to me though :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #898 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:38:20 »
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ ...

Republican - a person who supports or believes in representative government.

Democrat - a person who supports or believes in government by the people or their representatives.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #899 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:42:03 »

I'd like to legalize at least your country's truffles as well while we're at it :p