Author Topic: Blank PBT Keycaps for sale on massdrop. to buy or not?  (Read 53608 times)

Offline a Horde of Penguins

Re: Blank PBT Keycaps for sale on massdrop. to buy or not?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 14:34:38 »
looks like a good price to me, however massdrop always takes forever to reach your house.

Offline qwack

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:09:30 »
They are good keycap, rather thick (although the spacebars are not that thick), no stem marks (contrary to Vortex), Cherry profile, lots of extra keys to accomodate nonstandard layouts (but no ISO).

MD's last drop was delayed for several weeks with no consistent explanation given and they're just relaunching it now, so I don't know if you can reliably trust the delivery date.

Shadovved also organized a huge GB for them (including dyesub variants) last January and he'll be having extra sets for sale later this month, so you can check his GB thread and see what's what. He'll probably have more color choices than MD, and at least he won't take forever to send your sets.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline alex1577

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:30:36 »
These keycaps are for sale on originativeco for just about the same price without the wait.

Offline qwack

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:22:23 »
$35 for just the 60% keys though. MD is cheaper for the full Gateron set. Shadovved is a bit more expensive ($40 I guess) but you won't wait as much as with MD.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 18:32:26 »
looks like a good price to me, however massdrop always takes forever to reach your house.

I've ordered several times from MD and I must say it was always quite quick actually. But I may differ from where you are located?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 18:37:52 »
For $30 I don't see why not if you like the look of them. You can always resale them on mechmarket for a $10-5 loss

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:16:28 »
For $30 I don't see why not if you like the look of them. You can always resale them on mechmarket for a $10-5 loss

>mechmarket
>loss

kek

Offline Rad

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 23:48:21 »
You won't get them until June.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 03:49:33 »
Buy em. They go with everything, and have support for everything. They are good and cheap and a must have if you ask me

Offline soilheart

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 04:08:20 »
They are good keycap, rather thick (although the spacebars are not that thick), no stem marks (contrary to Vortex), Cherry profile, lots of extra keys to accomodate nonstandard layouts (but no ISO).

MD's last drop was delayed for several weeks with no consistent explanation given and they're just relaunching it now, so I don't know if you can reliably trust the delivery date.

Shadovved also organized a huge GB for them (including dyesub variants) last January and he'll be having extra sets for sale later this month, so you can check his GB thread and see what's what. He'll probably have more color choices than MD, and at least he won't take forever to send your sets.
ISO has been added now (!).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)