Author Topic: G13 Discontinued? Or new version coming?  (Read 18933 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
G13 Discontinued? Or new version coming?
« on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 07:43:43 »
I didn't know if anyone had heard anything about the G13 and Logitech's plans for it.  I've been using mine for years, since I finally ditched my n52.  Tried the 'new' n52 from Razer, and both of their other successors - even the mechanical Orbweaver.  None of them approached the G13, let alone the n52.  My son had a Razer on his Christmas list; I told him I had a logitech just laying around, and gave it to him, along with one of my older mice (g910 and g700s), and he really likes them... so I was thinking of getting him a g13.

First indicator- best buy didn't have it in stock, and listed it as unavailable.  Now, if you search on their site, you can't even find it.  On Amazon, it was slashed to $38, and as of this morning, is only available through third-party sellers.

Has anyone heard anything about Logitech's plans?  It's past time for a refresh... but they might just be discontinuing it...

Offline Sheepz

Re: G13 Discontinued? Or new version coming?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 05:45:58 »
what i'm missing? you can buy them straight  from Logitech site

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 09:50:48 »
A 100% mechanical replacement to the G13 would be absolutely amazing. all of the current crop of nostromo successors miss the mark by having the thumb/space button still be rubber dome. The first company that nails that will get my $$$ (and I hope it's Logitech, never had a bad experience with them).

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 10:39:43 »
what i'm missing? you can buy them straight  from Logitech site

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

They weren't available at the time that I posted it.  I guess they were just out of stock everywhere- even at the Logitech site- at that time.

Offline jackalopephoto

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:24:07 »
It would be great if they re-released it with a usable analog stick. The position of the stick made it unusable for movement. Also another row of buttons would be good

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:14:08 »
It would be great if they re-released it with a usable analog stick. The position of the stick made it unusable for movement. Also another row of buttons would be good
True... It’s kinda usable as a d-pad, although its placement makes my thumb hurt pretty quick if I don’t move my hand far enough to blow any muscle memory I have for the other keys. Still it’s not completely useless if you’re using the G13 mostly for macros and can map it to, like, the translation thrusters in space games.

But yeah, it’s horrible as the analog stick they claim it is. Not enough physical throw, IMHO... too hard to move it precisely. It does output analog values, though, so maybe it could be made into a sorta “2-stage” dpad in software that lets you set custom response curves.

And +1 on the extra row of buttons. Preferably along the top, IMHO.

Offline LilSin

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:14:13 »
Well actually I play games with the g13 and mouse for years and barely use normal keyboard . to me the  placement of the stick is really ideal for WASD  movements  and I put the side of my thumb on it which doesn't hurt or tire my thumb even for many hours on end  ;)
And to me it feels moving is faster easier and more fluent than using 3 fingers that I now have free for other keys.
And I really'd like an version in the style and make of the orion spark  maybe even with the screen of the old G19s  , but mainly cuz the lighting now gets faded bad ;/ and im comfortable with the romer keys
Also an improvement would be bigger and easier keys to change the 3 profiles.
Really if I get a hint of it being discontinued id buy 1 or 2  in reserve  ;)