Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 860085 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2250 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 07:58:35 »
Before you request a refund, post your purchase for people to take over for you. There are a ton of us that didn't get in on this when it was available, completely understand the gravity of what JChan is going through and will happily wait years if it takes that long.

jchan has repeatedly stated he's not transferring slots anymore as it takes too much time to sort out. refund is the only option, and refunded units will go into retail stock

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2251 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:03:57 »
Before you request a refund, post your purchase for people to take over for you. There are a ton of us that didn't get in on this when it was available, completely understand the gravity of what JChan is going through and will happily wait years if it takes that long.

jchan has repeatedly stated he's not transferring slots anymore as it takes too much time to sort out. refund is the only option, and refunded units will go into retail stock

I don't need JChan to do anything, I will PayPal anyone for their slot, they can just update the shipping address

Offline wodan

« Reply #2252 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:04:36 »

if you'd like a refund, just message support@keyclack.com ; I can process them this week, thanks

I'm personally not interested in a refund but an outlook on how you plan to finish this GB under the current circumstances. I understand you are taking a time out for personal reasons and just like to get an idea what we can expect from this.

« Reply #2253 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:09:51 »

if you'd like a refund, just message support@keyclack.com ; I can process them this week, thanks

I'm personally not interested in a refund but an outlook on how you plan to finish this GB under the current circumstances. I understand you are taking a time out for personal reasons and just like to get an idea what we can expect from this.

I think he is giving you the only expectation he can right now, he can promise a timely refund and nothing more than that. I think the unwritten expectation is that you will get your board, but you need to read between the lines and see that he is also saying there is no news, no time frame, no further expectations he can set as he has bigger, more important things on his mind right now. Completely understandably so.
The community is going to alienate him if they don't respect the trauma he is going through. It's disrespectful
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:12:19 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #2254 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:15:39 »

I'm not in this buy.

But I have dealt with people extremely close to me diagnosed with cancer. The only thing I can say is please stop talking (not a rude please, an actual pleading please). If Jchan wants to expound he will. If he's too busy to respond to Wodan, then some redditor will say 'he left dead_pixel_design's word to stand, which means M65s are no longer shipping' which translates to another ****storm for him to deal with.

Just stop putting words in his mouth. And stop adding administrative work for him to do that he hasn't signed up for at the moment. Don't take anyone else's order over.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2255 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 09:39:08 »

I think you get two choices right now -

1. wait - Might be weeks, might be months.  Probably won't be years but who knows.  You probably won't get much information in the interim.
2. Get a full refund, which jchan has said he'll process timely - which is more than he needs to offer right now, and should assuage any concerns about whether he will (ultimately) fulfill the orders.

I know you want the board (so do I), but I think if jchan had, even a ballpark of a timeline, he would have given it.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2256 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 09:44:43 »

I think you get two choices right now -

1. wait - Might be weeks, might be months.  Probably won't be years but who knows.  You probably won't get much information in the interim.
2. Get a full refund, which jchan has said he'll process timely - which is more than he needs to offer right now, and should assuage any concerns about whether he will (ultimately) fulfill the orders.

I know you want the board (so do I), but I think if jchan had, even a ballpark of a timeline, he would have given it.

This sums it up, I think.  He gave a timeline before, and people *****ed about it.  So I understand in times of uncertainty, after getting burned once for trying to give something, why he'd not set himself up for that again.  A lack of understanding by a few is the reason we can't have nice things.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2257 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 09:53:57 »
I'll just post in here since everyone else is posting  :cool:

No doubt that life comes first.  The only thing we have of actual value is each other and our experiences.  Keyboards don't fit in that picture.  Money doesn't fit in that picture.  Business doesn't fit in the picture. 

When the time comes, jchan will be back.  But everyone is different.  Especially because this is someone very close to jchan, and jchan is a young adult.  (well, in my aged eyes he is).  I've lost several close friends/family members from cancer and heart attacks over the past years.  It never gets easy... but you do learn more of what to expect and how to deal.  But your first few... yeah, it's world-rocking.

Oh, and jchan if you read this... the mental issues/short term memory loss.  Holy ****, dude.  YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  This is something terrible to deal with.  It's maddening.  I swear, if you've ever been with someone in this condition... it can make you lose your mind.  It's aweful.  It will come to pass.  It really will. 

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2258 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:07:27 »
There's always so much talk of "community"... now's the time to show it's really there.

Hell, if I were in a position to do it, I'd offer to come help him knock it all out. Surely that would be a huge burden lifted off his back.

Make no mistake... the M65 is a huge investment for me (most of us, I'm sure), but I'm going to keep the faith, wish Jchan and his family the best, and hold the line.

Jchan, keep your chin up, buddy. Put your family first and do what you can when you're in a better place. We'll be here when you get back.

« Reply #2259 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:17:56 »
There's always so much talk of "community"... now's the time to show it's really there.

Hell, if I were in a position to do it, I'd offer to come help him knock it all out. Surely that would be a huge burden lifted off his back.

Feeling the same.  Wish there was anything else I could do besides just wish him well.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2260 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:27:35 »
I could be wrong but I thought I read that he had hired someone and that someone was currently finishing up QA and shipping out GMK Muted. Perhaps that employee will move on to this one next.

Mind you this is barely more than speculation on my part based on what I've read.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2261 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:36:43 »
I can definitely see both sides here.

The side that matters the most to anyone is family and their health. Ultimately, that is what we will remember, that is what we need to make room for.

If you need to take awhile to get back to hobbies and such, please do so.

I don't think we should stop posting in here. I think we should post words of support and wishes of good health. To let this guy, who I've never met, know that we want him to take whatever time he needs to ensure he is reconciled with his home life before returning to hobbies/business. Joseph is obviously still checking in on us, so let's let him know we care.

Ultimately, the keyboard is just a thing. People are what matter, not things.

I'm still very excited for the project, and would love to see it completed, after everything else is good to go.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2262 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:56:02 »
I totally get JChan, that he needs to take time to process everything and just be around loved ones more now, in this difficult time. I wish him all the best and totally understand the delays there have been so far. I'm assuming the added stress of having unshipped inventory and nagging customers is something he could really miss right now as well. I hope to see a post over the next couple of weeks "X is helping with/taking over shipping", no doubt there's people in JChan's network that can help out.
pls gief bbv2

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2263 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:32:50 »
I totally get JChan, that he needs to take time to process everything and just be around loved ones more now, in this difficult time. I wish him all the best and totally understand the delays there have been so far. I'm assuming the added stress of having unshipped inventory and nagging customers is something he could really miss right now as well. I hope to see a post over the next couple of weeks "X is helping with/taking over shipping", no doubt there's people in JChan's network that can help out.

He's already hired someone.  They worked on GMK Muted first, and hopefully will be moving on to helping with the M65-A, as that's a more intensive shipping and QC process.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2264 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:37:17 »
I'm sorry you're going through this, JChan. My father had a benign brain tumor removed about fifteen years ago, and, although it wasn't cancerous, he never really recovered from the surgery, so he spent nine years disabled before dying. I was 14 at the time, so I too didn't really understand the gravity of it until I was older and it was too late. Don't listen to any of the unsupportive voices. Please take the time you need to take care of your family without worrying about us.

I know my opinion probably doesn't mean as much since I've already received my keyboard, but let me tell everyone that it is worth the wait. It is a really solid, well built, well packaged, well designed product. JChan and Rama did an absolute bang up job on this.

The important thing for JChan's customers to remember is that he has a good track record and he has the products in hand. You WILL get your keyboard. It's just a matter of shipping them out. I sincerely believe you have no reason to worry; it's just taking a little longer than expected.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2265 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:51:46 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6zekmo/a_post_to_clear_things_up_please_read/

A post from JChan giving a lot more information that I think he should have had to.

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #2266 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:15:37 »
I agree, as I've stated before, there's a lot of us who will

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

« Reply #2267 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:23:00 »

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but I think jchan said he wasn't doing order transfers anymore since it was becoming too complicated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline cooperred

« Reply #2268 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:28:27 »

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but I think jchan said he wasn't doing order transfers anymore since it was becoming too complicated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're right. Any refunds/extras goes into the retail sale at the end of the GB. Also if jchan is having personal issues and can't ship the remaining keyboards out, how do you guys think he's going to deal with order transfers?

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #2269 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:56:41 »
Repost from the Reddit thread:

I've lost a few people to cancer during my short time on this earth: a good friend a few years ago, of which I spent a lot of time with during his last days in the hospital, and the only girl I've ever truly been in love with. From the very ****ing bottom of my heart I have but a glimpse of what you are going through, but I wish you and all involved in your personal life nothing but the absolute ****ing best.

I will wait as long as you need me and I am VERY sure that a LOT of us will feel the same way.

Joseph Chan, we ****ing love you.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #2270 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 02:08:36 »
I know most of you guys have been waiting for your M65-A, I am not in a position to feel what you guys have felt as I was lucky to receive it on the 3rd day of the shipment.
But I plead for you guys to be more patient, with Jchan's track record I believe you guys have nothing to worry about (just the delay).
I just lost my dad to prostate cancer 3 weeks ago. He fought hard for 12 long years and it never really hit home till the last 3 weeks where he caught a cold and that did him in.
I hope you guys understand how hard it is to lose someone that close to you and till now I still cannot believe my dad is gone.
I believe what Jchan needs now is our understanding and time to be with his loved one.
When they're gone, nothing can be done to bring them back.
Your M65-A is just waiting to be QCed and shipped out.

« Reply #2271 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 03:30:33 »
I just lost my dad to prostate cancer 3 weeks ago.

I'm so sorry.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2272 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 07:05:36 »
I know most of you guys have been waiting for your M65-A, I am not in a position to feel what you guys have felt as I was lucky to receive it on the 3rd day of the shipment.
But I plead for you guys to be more patient, with Jchan's track record I believe you guys have nothing to worry about (just the delay).
I just lost my dad to prostate cancer 3 weeks ago. He fought hard for 12 long years and it never really hit home till the last 3 weeks where he caught a cold and that did him in.
I hope you guys understand how hard it is to lose someone that close to you and till now I still cannot believe my dad is gone.
I believe what Jchan needs now is our understanding and time to be with his loved one.
When they're gone, nothing can be done to bring them back.
Your M65-A is just waiting to be QCed and shipped out.

Sorry to hear man. I can sympathize as someone really close.to me has been in the hospital for the past 2 months. Fell from the stairs fractured her skull so they had to remove that part to ease the pressure off the brain. She cannot move her right side of her body and cannot speak. It is really hard.

Offline Crossfire

« Reply #2273 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 09:54:12 »
I'll be honest here.
We all have our stories, a lot of good and also a lot of bad ones, filled with grief and sadness.
We must be rational and compasionate. But everyone should be responsible for their actions - in private and in business life.

Considering all the facts, Jchan is willing to refund us even after 180 days of PP refund policy which is a nice gesture and I'm happy to accept it.

That's why I'm backing out of this GB.

Offline consolelog

[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2274 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:22:29 »
Just wanted to chime in here with some advice. I, like most have not received my keyboard. I am anxiously awaiting it, checking this thread constantly for updates.

Given the current circumstances, asking for updates and hoping shipping will start up again isn't helping our anxiousness, or Joseph's mental health. As far as we know, Joseph did hire someone but we have no idea if they deal with support or will get to the M65-as.

----

I think the best thing for both parties is to set up some realistic expectations. Hopefully this can clear the air a bit.

Before jumping to any conclusions, hopefully Joseph can chime in on what the future of M65-a shipment will be, and if his new hire is still around and working towards shipping them. Some updates about that would be most appreciated.

If no reliable forward progress is being made at this time, I think it would be better if we had an expectation of when shipment would start again in x months, rather than us being lost in the dark week by week. That way we wouldn't constantly be asking for updates, and Joseph can have time to recover. It would probably be easier logistically (shipment changes, refunds, etc). Note that theres always the refund option.

Just putting in my logical 2cents. I really want this keyboard, but not sure if its worth all the unnecessary drama and anticipation. Personally I'd prefer checking back in a couple months, rather than checking every other day for updates.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:24:44 by consolelog »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2275 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:38:24 »
Hi,

the new hire is charge of:

- Support (emails to support@keyclack.com NOT jchan@keyclack.com)
- Helping organizing / maintaining the office
- Shipping Store / Newly incoming things (muted, 1965 up and coming)
- QC soon.

The M65A is a little too complex at this stage of training. It's only been a little over a week since I've worked with him.

I'll be nailing away at some m65a this week once I have the chance. Hopefully we'll see GMK Muted pics up soon from people.

----------------------

I've responded to like 95% of emails ; and sent refunds to those of you who have asked. 5 more units available later, so that's good news.

-----

thanks for all the understanding, and support everyone. I really appreciate it.

If you'd like to contribute towards cancer research, one of the best facilities is City of Hope in Southern California. You can donate here - https://www.cityofhope.org/giving

It's fascinating how insane modern medicine is once you think about it. It's truly a gift to live in the 21st century.

cheers,

joseph
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2276 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:47:44 »
Thanks for the update.
keyboards.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2277 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 16:03:16 »
Hi,

the new hire is charge of:

- Support (emails to support@keyclack.com NOT jchan@keyclack.com)
- Helping organizing / maintaining the office
- Shipping Store / Newly incoming things (muted, 1965 up and coming)
- QC soon.

The M65A is a little too complex at this stage of training. It's only been a little over a week since I've worked with him.

I'll be nailing away at some m65a this week once I have the chance. Hopefully we'll see GMK Muted pics up soon from people.

----------------------

I've responded to like 95% of emails ; and sent refunds to those of you who have asked. 5 more units available later, so that's good news.

-----

thanks for all the understanding, and support everyone. I really appreciate it.

If you'd like to contribute towards cancer research, one of the best facilities is City of Hope in Southern California. You can donate here - https://www.cityofhope.org/giving

It's fascinating how insane modern medicine is once you think about it. It's truly a gift to live in the 21st century.

cheers,

joseph

The update is much appreciated - but take care of yourself, we can wait!

Offline cooperred

« Reply #2278 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 18:35:16 »
Just wanted to chime in here with some advice. I, like most have not received my keyboard. I am anxiously awaiting it, checking this thread constantly for updates.

Given the current circumstances, asking for updates and hoping shipping will start up again isn't helping our anxiousness, or Joseph's mental health. As far as we know, Joseph did hire someone but we have no idea if they deal with support or will get to the M65-as.

----

I think the best thing for both parties is to set up some realistic expectations. Hopefully this can clear the air a bit.

Before jumping to any conclusions, hopefully Joseph can chime in on what the future of M65-a shipment will be, and if his new hire is still around and working towards shipping them. Some updates about that would be most appreciated.

If no reliable forward progress is being made at this time, I think it would be better if we had an expectation of when shipment would start again in x months, rather than us being lost in the dark week by week. That way we wouldn't constantly be asking for updates, and Joseph can have time to recover. It would probably be easier logistically (shipment changes, refunds, etc). Note that theres always the refund option.

Just putting in my logical 2cents. I really want this keyboard, but not sure if its worth all the unnecessary drama and anticipation. Personally I'd prefer checking back in a couple months, rather than checking every other day for updates.

Agreed. Even if the update was "shipping will start in 6 months at a rate of 5 per month," I'd rather have that than no estimated timeline at all. I realize what jchan is going through, so I'm not going to complain about the shipping time, but I don't want to be left in the dark for months/years/who knows how long.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2279 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 21:02:33 »

----

Agreed. Even if the update was "shipping will start in 6 months at a rate of 5 per month," I'd rather have that than no estimated timeline at all. I realize what jchan is going through, so I'm not going to complain about the shipping time, but I don't want to be left in the dark for months/years/who knows how long.

He did that before, and missed it.  And people complained.

Offline cooperred

« Reply #2280 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 00:51:28 »

----

He did that before, and missed it.  And people complained.

So give a more generous estimate. I don't think it's wrong to expect more than 2 choices, 'refund' or 'be patient', for this.

« Reply #2281 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 01:22:56 »
So give a more generous estimate. I don't think it's wrong to expect more than 2 choices, 'refund' or 'be patient', for this.

I think it is wrong to expect anything from someone who is going through what Jchan is going through.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2282 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 06:51:41 »

I think it is wrong to expect anything from someone who is going through what Jchan is going through.
Ding Ding Ding. He's given viable choices. Choose one. He doesn't know when his situation will change, so anything he says will just be him saying something to placate the audience.  Then the less empathetic members of the community will hold that against him.

Wait, knowing that you will get the product, or cut bait.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #2283 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 20:52:34 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 20:56:14 by yuppie »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #2284 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 06:22:32 »
I feel like some people here would rather jchan just like setup a bot to send them a daily email saying yesterday’s shipment was delayed and their m65 is shipping tomorrow every single day until he actually ships it.

Getting an update isn’t gonna suddenly cause your m65 to ship.

Offline petrock

« Reply #2285 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 07:29:53 »
Honestly, I think that something like that is the best idea because silence is worse than the waiting. Just like waiting for an update to an app or game, saying "hey we are aware there is an issue/bug and we are working to fix the problem ASAP"

Just a post once a week saying, "Sorry everyone, still busy" or "Hey everyone, I think I will be able to get some boards out"

Your right that it won't get the boards out any faster, but it will give everyone the impression to everyone who is complaining that their keyboards haven't been forgotten, that work is still being done, and a lot of the time, that is all anyone needs.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2286 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 07:35:09 »
Honestly, I think that something like that is the best idea because silence is worse than the waiting. Just like waiting for an update to an app or game, saying "hey we are aware there is an issue/bug and we are working to fix the problem ASAP"

Just a post once a week saying, "Sorry everyone, still busy" or "Hey everyone, I think I will be able to get some boards out"

Your right that it won't get the boards out any faster, but it will give everyone the impression to everyone who is complaining that their keyboards haven't been forgotten, that work is still being done, and a lot of the time, that is all anyone needs.

People basically just want an animated loading circle instead of the program just freezing till its done with the task.

I don't mind it much tho, but that's because I have plenty of other stuff incoming to keep me busy. It'll get here some day
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2017, 07:39:13 by Oblotzky »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2287 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 09:13:02 »
If that's really what people want given the mailing list, that would be doable.  But I don't think that's what people want. They want jchan to take control of an uncontrollable situation. He's given two very viable options. Wait patiently or get out if you're not willing to wait. Choose one instead of rehashing the same argument. It's not critical that the keebs are received now, just that they're received. And jchan has shown that they will be received, just not on the schedule that some want. It sucks. But not as much as the situation he finds himself in.

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2288 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 09:37:38 »

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #2289 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 09:45:32 »
My coworker received his RAMA M65 last week, after typing on it, the slant is just too much for me... That being said, I am looking for someone with a Nightfox Order that would like to trade

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2290 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 15:26:12 »
My coworker received his RAMA M65 last week, after typing on it, the slant is just too much for me... That being said, I am looking for someone with a Nightfox Order that would like to trade

The slant is a bit steep, but I have SA keycaps on mine. I think it would feel fine with GMK or DSA.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2291 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 16:40:13 »
I thought the case has an 8* tilt.. that's not very steep.
keyboards.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2292 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 16:55:20 »
I thought the case has an 8* tilt.. that's not very steep.

It is indeed 8 degrees, I do not have any problems with mine at all, it's quite a comfortable keyboard to type on I've found.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline r4wromg

« Reply #2293 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 02:24:30 »
Posted this to r/mk, but figured I may as well post here as well. Running into some issues with my board...

Just recently built up my M65-A and unfortunately having some problems. Whenever I press Backspace, the \ | key also registers (the reverse is also true - when I press \ |, backspace registers).
This happens for a few other keys in the same vicinity as well: R shift and up arrow and with ] and \ |.

Luckily, I was able to take everything apart rather easily as I'm currently using hot swap sockets in my M65. I'm pretty certain these sockets are not the cause of the issue as I've used these sockets in my Minivan and Roadkit and have 0 problems. I used extremely little solder as well (just enough to get the sockets to stay), so I don't think that's the issue either.

Here's a picture of my PCB: https://imgur.com/a/yBZbb. It looks a little wonky cause I had to take it as a panorama to get close enough to see the soldering job.

I don't believe this is a firmware issue either. Even though it's my first time using QMK and creating my own QMK keymap, the same issue also happens when I flash the default keymap.

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated!

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #2294 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 04:25:32 »
Posted this to r/mk, but figured I may as well post here as well. Running into some issues with my board...

Just recently built up my M65-A and unfortunately having some problems. Whenever I press Backspace, the \ | key also registers (the reverse is also true - when I press \ |, backspace registers).
This happens for a few other keys in the same vicinity as well: R shift and up arrow and with ] and \ |.

Luckily, I was able to take everything apart rather easily as I'm currently using hot swap sockets in my M65. I'm pretty certain these sockets are not the cause of the issue as I've used these sockets in my Minivan and Roadkit and have 0 problems. I used extremely little solder as well (just enough to get the sockets to stay), so I don't think that's the issue either.

Here's a picture of my PCB: https://imgur.com/a/yBZbb. It looks a little wonky cause I had to take it as a panorama to get close enough to see the soldering job.

I don't believe this is a firmware issue either. Even though it's my first time using QMK and creating my own QMK keymap, the same issue also happens when I flash the default keymap.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Test the PCB without any switches/stabilisers by shorting where the switch pins go to see if you still get both keys pressed
2. Are you using screw-in stabilisers? I've had this behaviour with some PCBs and screw in stabs, the screws short lines in the PCB (some PCBs are multilayer, they're more prone to this)
3. Check the solder around diodes to make sure nothing is shorted
4. Test the diodes with a multimeter in the affected area
5. Make sure the firmware is set up right

Someone that's better at electronics probably has more advice, but these are the steps that have worked for me with other builds.

Offline r4wromg

« Reply #2295 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 08:26:18 »

I have a few suggestions:

1. Test the PCB without any switches/stabilisers by shorting where the switch pins go to see if you still get both keys pressed
2. Are you using screw-in stabilisers? I've had this behaviour with some PCBs and screw in stabs, the screws short lines in the PCB (some PCBs are multilayer, they're more prone to this)
3. Check the solder around diodes to make sure nothing is shorted
4. Test the diodes with a multimeter in the affected area
5. Make sure the firmware is set up right

Someone that's better at electronics probably has more advice, but these are the steps that have worked for me with other builds.

I took everything apart again and get the same result while shorting the switch pins with a paperclip. This occurs without stabilizers as well. I am pretty certain this isn't due to my soldering job, as I've used an incredibly minimal amount of solder and this isn't my first build. The error still occurs no matter what QMK keymap I flash also. I'll have to test the diodes when I get a chance. Thanks!

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2296 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 09:11:32 »
Hmm I think I ****ed up my planning. Can someone who built theirs already confirm the key size for the right shift key?

edit: I think it's 1.75u
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 September 2017, 09:32:08 by Valaris »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2297 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 09:45:54 »
Hmm I think I ****ed up my planning. Can someone who built theirs already confirm the key size for the right shift key?

edit: I think it's 1.75u

You can technically also use the standard 2.75u one, but I assume you're going for the short one, which is 1.75u indeed

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2298 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 09:59:39 »
Going for the standard 2.75 would mean I forfeit either up arrow or pg down so I'll stick to the smaller one. But it's ok. I just realized the Danger Zone TKL set I bought for this has 2 1.75 caps lock. One regular and one with the "scoop" or whatever it's called so I'll just use one of those are right shift. I doubt I'll be able to find someone willing to sell a single 1.75u right shift key anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation though!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2299 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:09:10 »
Going for the standard 2.75 would mean I forfeit either up arrow or pg down so I'll stick to the smaller one. But it's ok. I just realized the Danger Zone TKL set I bought for this has 2 1.75 caps lock. One regular and one with the "scoop" or whatever it's called so I'll just use one of those are right shift. I doubt I'll be able to find someone willing to sell a single 1.75u right shift key anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation though!

The 'scoop' is called stepped, and stepped capslock keys have an off-centered stem, you'd have to solder the capslock key accordingly and use the stepped key there, and the regular one as shift.