Author Topic: [IC] GMK Necro | GB Open Now!!  (Read 102739 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Re: [IC] GMK Necro | Coming Soon™
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 18:05:45 »
There are no targeted plastic colours, I will simply be giving GMK the colour values and going from there.
The renders are already accurate, lighting wise. However, your monitor is pretty much 100% guaranteed to be calibrated differently than mine so there is basically no point in trying to tell you what it'll look like beyond the alphas. Once I have colour samples I will be getting colour accurate pictures taken (professionally) as well as my own bad attempts to give you two hopefully realistic expectations of the set :)
So the colour codes that will be given to GMK are not fixed, and thus the colour scheme is not fixed? Or will you be posting those colour accurate pictures of the samples before the GB launches (this would be awesome!  :D)

Luckily pretty much everyone has access to a well calibrated display nowadays. Just walk to the nearest apple outlet and pick up a demo phone. I hope that your display is calibrated to sRGB, otherwise with the matching method you describe the keyset is going to look drastically different than what the renders would indicate.

The colour codes are not fixed as ABS plastic is tricky, but the colour scheme is fixed. How it looks in the renders is how it'll look IRL to the best of GMK's and my ability :)

Offline Denisgsv

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 05:22:10 »
very nice colorway. i get the ambiance of horror here. not sure if it just me or what.
i like Oblotzky's render than GMK's. it gives more spooky feeling.

GMK's render is literally just to show what keys are included, don't worry about the colours of it at all :)

But it's the only thing that matters :) i mean apart colors, everything else is just the same as any other gmk set  :D

Offline Petch

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 05:59:52 »
Is the set finalised? Would be nice to see a 1.25u fn

Offline avid

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:05:09 »
Mechboard price the set at 140 GBP which is $185 + shipping.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:17:12 by avid »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:22:42 »
Mechboard price the set at 140 GBP which is $185 + shipping.

Decent price, 9009 is 125€ (I think?) at 250 MOQ, would have to cross-check compatibility and number of keys etc so see how this fares - 140 quid is like 155€ these days.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #305 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:43:29 »
Remember we have to add 20% to any cost price. We didn't add anything besides rounding up total numbers.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:46:19 »
Remember we have to add 20% to any cost price. We didn't add anything besides rounding up total numbers.

Of course - as does MyKeyboard with 9009. I wasn't implying you're adding anything, the 9009 buy originates and ships within EU for starters and then proxies off to US/Canada etc whilst yours is the other way around; your price is absolutely warranted.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:47:08 »

Of course - as does MyKeyboard with 9009. I wasn't implying you're adding anything, the 9009 buy originates and ships within EU for starters and then proxies off to US/Canada etc whilst yours is the other way around; your price is absolutely warranted.

It was more at what avid said - just wanted to clarify :)

Thanks!

Offline jessica

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:30:28 »
Since people are making a big deal out of something that should I never thought would be more than a minute detail, and I'm not a stubbourn idiot...

Enjoy your colour codes :)

Please note these are the exact codes I gave to Oblotzky for the 3D renders which created

which is the target vision of this set. The actual colour codes themselves are the closest approximation to the colours of the set I can have, digitally.

It's very likely the colour values will have to be tweaked once real samples are in hand, but the actual vision of the set is not changing. Additionally, Oblotzky is very good at keeping the renders true-to-life (see GMK Eclipse for example) so hopefully it will be painless and successful the first try.

Edit: The accent colour diamonds in the GMK render will be replaced with accent colour Code keys, those just got missed in the revision that changed the legends from Standard to Icon :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:35:10 by Brazzers »

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 13:31:46 »
Probably a good call tbh. Wasn't something I was particularly worried about, but there did seem to be quite a few people who were. Might be a good idea to post an update on /r/mk (though you may already be planning on doing so), since an edit or new reply to the existing post probably won't get as much traction.

Offline pomk

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 13:48:15 »
Since people are making a big deal out of something that should I never thought would be more than a minute detail, and I'm not a stubbourn idiot...

Show Image

Please note these are the exact codes I gave to Oblotzky for the 3D renders which created
Show Image

which is the target vision of this set. The actual colour codes themselves are the closest approximation to the colours of the set I can have, digitally.

It's very likely the colour values will have to be tweaked once real samples are in hand, but the actual vision of the set is not changing. Additionally, Oblotzky is very good at keeping the renders true-to-life (see GMK Eclipse for example) so hopefully it will be painless and successful the first try.

Edit: The accent colour diamonds in the GMK render will be replaced with accent colour Code keys, those just got missed in the revision that changed the legends from Standard to Icon :)
Sorry for being such a pain in the ass, but can you confirm that the colour codes you posted are in the srgb colour space? I know that some graphic designers like adobe colour space instead and the posted codes would look quite a bit different if rendered in that.

Offline jessica

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 17:55:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Sorry for being such a pain in the ass, but can you confirm that the colour codes you posted are in the srgb colour space? I know that some graphic designers like adobe colour space instead and the posted codes would look quite a bit different if rendered in that.
sRGB yes :)

Offline Sissy

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 22:17:40 »
Plum turned out great so cant wait to see this set in person.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 03:38:48 »

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 03:47:32 by GreyAmbience »

Offline pomk

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:08:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!
Based on how GMK have been lately with matching colours, the provided colour codes are going to produce caps that will look very similar to these:
180092-0
The grey matches well with the render, but especially the alphas are a lot lighter with the colour code provided compared to the render.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 09:03:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!
Based on how GMK have been lately with matching colours, the provided colour codes are going to produce caps that will look very similar to these:
(Attachment Link)
The grey matches well with the render, but especially the alphas are a lot lighter with the colour code provided compared to the render.

Though iirc Jessica mentioned that the colour codes themselves were likely to change, since the goal would be to match the render not the codes.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 09:15:21 by MeloDet »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:23:57 »
Was just about to order, but why are the set on MechBoardsUK £140? That's $192,-

Offline jessica

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:27:08 »
Was just about to order, but why are the set on MechBoardsUK £140? That's $192,-
They have to charge 19 or 20% on all orders because of VAT, if I understand correctly. Shipping is still cheaper, thankfully.

Offline jessica

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:27:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!
(Attachment Link)

Though iirc Jessica mentioned that the colour codes themselves were likely to change, since the goal would be to match the render not the codes.

Correct! The current colour codes are more of a starting point and used to get the renders looking how I want them to. The actual caps may use a different hex value, but will look like the renders.

Offline jessica

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 14:45:38 »
necro have price discounts according to moq?

Why is it more expensive than plum?

It's a bit disappointing.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 14:55:38 »

Massdrop.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 15:03:12 »
And an increase in the euro means GMK sets are more expensive too

Offline ptiede

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 15:12:15 »
Just bought my set! Great job with the colorway. Imo it's by far the best set being run right now.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:29:43 »
Why are Europeans paying $192 (with out shipping) when there is a UK distributor?

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:30:10 »
hey jessice,there is no asian proxy yet?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:44:40 »
Why are Europeans paying $192 (with out shipping) when there is a UK distributor?

$145 + 20% VAT (UK) is $174. Not sure about the other $18, I'd reasonably presume he isn't doing it for free?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 17:01:32 »

$145 + 20% VAT (UK) is $174. Not sure about the other $18, I'd reasonably presume he isn't doing it for free?

Still makes it worth while to go with the US distrib. then. Only about half of my packages gets hit with the import fee when they arrive in Denmark, so I might get lucky and just pay the $145+shipping form the US instead of $192+shipping. Even with the 20% I might have to pay it's still cheaper to order from the US, so it just makes no sense to me really.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 17:11:36 »
Still makes it worth while to go with the US distrib. then. Only about half of my packages gets hit with the import fee when they arrive in Denmark, so I might get lucky and just pay the $145+shipping form the US instead of $192+shipping. Even with the 20% I might have to pay it's still cheaper to order from the US, so it just makes no sense to me really.

I won't lie, if it weren't for the quality of life it provides me by not having to go through the trouble of providing customs with a bunch of info and waiting 4-8 weeks for them to process my stuff I'd buy directly from Jessica too. That's just Portugal being backwards, if I were to be located in a country with proper customs handling like you are then it absolutely would not be worth the 40% markup.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 17:25:44 »

How are you getting $192? I thought it was 140 GBP which is giving me $186 on google. Either way, as I understand it it's because it has to be shipped to Jessica first and then to the UK, driving the costs up. And VAT obviously
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 17:46:17 by MeloDet »

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 20:58:29 »

Hey jess,can you answer this? because the shipping price is pretty high
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:00:02 by ioioioio »

Offline jessica

« Reply #331 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 02:24:46 »

Necro will have price drops at higher MOQ.
Let's worry about hitting that first.

Why is it more expensive than Plum? Three words: Economy of scale.

Offline jessica

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 02:26:33 »

There is no Asian proxy, and I can't guarantee there will be one but I'm definitely not sitting idle on it :)

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:34:59 »
Bought my set last night  :thumb: Really excited to eventually see this set in person in a few months.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #334 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 12:55:07 »

There is no Asian proxy, and I can't guarantee there will be one but I'm definitely not sitting idle on it :)

whether on your website can send the item to asia? Indonesia especially

Offline darthzero

« Reply #335 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 12:09:37 »
@mechboards: Any chance i could participate in the spacebar kit without commiting to the whole set?
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 14:03:13 »
The EU proxy cleared up the pricing and it was actually a mistake. It's been adjusted to £125,- !
https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/gmk-necro/
Time to join in guys :)

Jess:
Also noticed the space bar kit is only available on Mechboards
And maybe you should put the GB links in OP?

Cheers!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #337 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 14:06:12 »
The EU proxy cleared up the pricing and it was actually a mistake. It's been adjusted to £125,- !
Guess we'll be getting a refund for the difference.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #338 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 14:10:11 »
Guess we'll be getting a refund for the difference.

Yes people who already joined will be refunded they said.

Offline jessica

« Reply #339 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 15:02:53 »

Jess:

Cheers!

The spacebars are available on my site, but I didn't realize they weren't super visible. This has been corrected :)

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 08:08:38 »

Jess:

Cheers!

The spacebars are available on my site, but I didn't realize they weren't super visible. This has been corrected :)

Is it possible to add the spacebar kit to the order I already placed?  I didn't see them on Friday :(

Offline jessica

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 12:54:04 »

Jess:

Cheers!

Is it possible to add the spacebar kit to the order I already placed?  I didn't see them on Friday :(
They will be shipping together, no worries there.
If you go ahead and order them seperately, I will just refund you the second shipping costs.

If you have already ordered them seperately, you've been issued a refund already. Check your Paypal ;)

Sorry about this mix up!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:04:32 by Brazzers »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [IC] GMK Necro | GB Open Now!!
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 15:58:52 »
Is there somewhere we can see what the current status of the MOQ is? Are we anywhere near it?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:07:22 »
Is there somewhere we can see what the current status of the MOQ is? Are we anywhere near it?

Probably in the group buy thread ;)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:10:10 »

But there is no GB thread yet. At least I can't find one.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:10:52 »

Yeah was kidding. I'm guessing she's waiting for mods to give it a look over?

Not sure on the numbers though.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 17:51:48 »
just added the space bar kit, is there anyway to pay the shipping 1 time instead of 2

Offline jessica

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 18:33:54 »

Yeah was kidding. I'm guessing she's waiting for mods to give it a look over?

Not sure on the numbers though.

There's not GB thread yet yah, mods haven't approved it yet :/

Numbers currently are 30 base sets and ~10 spacebar sets so about 1/10 of the way there on both of these :)

Offline Sissy

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 01:25:17 »
What website has the best shipping to Australia?

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:27:53 »
To me the GMK render colors look way better, considering the name, am I the only one?

The alpha background looks like dirty bone color (which I really like :p), but in the second render they look so green it reminds me of green tea.