Author Topic: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (shifts being made)  (Read 161074 times)

Offline KevlarBear

Re: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (NA/NOTEU conservative ETA Aug 10)
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 20:01:47 »
Thanks for keeping us updated!

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 17:01:40 »
hopefully last update for NA- Orders should start shipping next friday PST- the 27th.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #502 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 17:02:27 »
we're figuring out how much it'll be for EU atm to ship everything over to candykeys.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #503 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 18:52:45 »
we're figuring out how much it'll be for EU atm to ship everything over to candykeys.

With all due respect...

Your shipping costs don't affect Candykeys customers - so why even mention it?

I hope there's no further delays to the Candykeys shipment while you're "figuring it out".

Thanks for your efforts.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #504 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 19:21:45 »

With all due respect...

Your shipping costs don't affect Candykeys customers - so why even mention it?

I hope there's no further delays to the Candykeys shipment while you're "figuring it out".

Thanks for your efforts.

I am sure they mentioned it for transparency reasons. I was a EU customer I personally wonder what was up. NA getting updates least they could say is nothing to report on EU side. Least this way there setting a expectation for EU customers. Letting them know things might be slightly delayed while they work out shipping the product oversea's to them from the United States. 

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
Re: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (if not in EU, should have orders by 8/12)
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 12:06:56 »
any shipping updates?

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 19:10:36 »
:eyes: ye_cole pls

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 19:58:57 »
waiting for kono to reply on discord papi- ive messaged them twice, thurs and sat
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 July 2018, 20:01:54 by ye_cole »

Offline online

« Reply #508 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 13:09:45 »
How is the EU shipping going?

I'm selling mine, PM if anyone interested.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 15:29:24 »
What's going on?

Has anyone, anywhere received anything yet?

Offline outsider

« Reply #510 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 16:14:53 »
I don't think so, I haven't seen any posts anywhere with anyone receiving it yet.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 03:03:00 »
I've got a bad feeling about this - it's not looking good. The poor communication says "You've been screwed".

Offline omgthisnoise

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 03:11:37 »
I've got a bad feeling about this - it's not looking good. The poor communication says "You've been screwed".

I wouldn't be so fast. Delays happen and are nothing new in this scene. So I guess we stay calm for a little bit longer and let ye_cole do his thing.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 03:52:57 »
It doesn't cost the guy anything to keep us updated. He says he's been working on shipping for the last 3 months? A couple of weeks ago he said it was held up in customs...  but we've heard absolutely nothing back about whether or not it has even cleared customs yet? Customers are left guessing 99% of the time? Nah... The guy is not serious. While the caps were being manufactured he had many months to "work out" the logistics... but he waited until the last minute. The list of errors goes on and on... Now he doesn't even bother to communicate. It stinks of scam.

Offline beekey

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 06:40:26 »
100% agree, things go wrong, but being transparent about it and keep people, who spend some money on the product, in the loop distinguishes a good GB runner or shop from a bad one.
The reason why I buy from kbdfans again anytime, is because they handle errors damn well and are transparent about it. kprepublic is the opposide, never again.

Same here, too many vague excuses give a bad vibe and will destroy reputation and future business.

Offline neoCobweb

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 07:01:37 »
waiting for kono to reply on discord papi- ive messaged them twice, thurs and sat
He sent us this 1 day ago. Honestly completely ridiculous to accuse him of scamming after an update 1 day ago where he says he is waiting for an update from the shipping company. We have been updated with the reasons behind the delays all along. Some may be vague but I think you may be a little pessimistic. I'm not sure what else he is supposed to say except "currently in customs" and "waiting on update from shipper". We're in the last stretch and shouldn't have any more delays after this one. Atleast wait for a week or two without updates before making accusations.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 09:51:59 »
At the last minute he decided to ship the caps to Kono - a 3rd party who now apparently ignore him or don't answer his two messages. Like its our problem now? Should we call Kono ourselves to find out what's going on?

We only got begrudgingly cryptic "updates" after multiple customers asked.

I really don't need to smell a rotten fish for one or two more weeks to know if it stinks or not.

The only people defending his actions and "updates" are those with no sense of smell.

Offline beekey

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:13:34 »
Sorry, I think we should calm down. No point in getting offensive. I think expressing our observations about the current situation is fine, getting personal does not help.
It is frustrating for me too and I think this could have been handled much better. Good communication is king.
As we can't do much beside expressing our concerns, lets wait and keep fingers crossed.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:22:04 »
ye_cole’s communication has been really good and transparent all throughout this process. Be patient, things go wrong, delays happen every time, specially when it comes to customs and such. If waiting this long bothers you so much, maybe small group buys are not for you.

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 11:17:40 »
ye_cole’s communication has been really good and transparent all throughout this process. Be patient, things go wrong, delays happen every time, specially when it comes to customs and such. If waiting this long bothers you so much, maybe small group buys are not for you.

for real, ye_cole just updated on the 30th.  we are still two weeks from his 8/12 estimate.  Not sure why people are fussing.  This is all part of being in a group buy.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 11:26:42 »
deleted
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 August 2018, 21:59:09 by ye_cole »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 21:59:37 »
Hey guys, latest update:

I was talking to the warehouse today and they have gotten the shipment but are having a technical issue receiving the keycaps. We're working on the solution and I'm hoping they will finish receiving tomorrow.
Will update you tomorrow with more

Stay tuned!

Offline elightcap

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 10:50:28 »
Hey guys, latest update:

I was talking to the warehouse today and they have gotten the shipment but are having a technical issue receiving the keycaps. We're working on the solution and I'm hoping they will finish receiving tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Im not sure what other people are talking about, but i feel like communications has been very transparent for this.  Yes there were delays but it's a group buy, theres always delays.  Thanks ye_

Offline outsider

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 15:03:04 »
Hey guys, latest update:

Stay tuned!

Im not sure what other people are talking about, but i feel like communications has been very transparent for this.  Yes there were delays but it's a group buy, theres always delays.  Thanks ye_

Same.  Perhaps not used to GBs?

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 16:17:42 »
Yea, I think this GB was handled well. People just trying to connect some dots when they didn't read all the info that was out in the open and jumping to conclusions.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 21:29:57 »
ignore this post
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 August 2018, 21:35:24 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SakeJams

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 21:58:22 »
ignore this post
Why

cause i posted some stupid **** and would like to pretend that i didn't
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 21:59:11 »
ignore this post
Why

cause i posted some stupid **** and would like to pretend that i didn't
Oh ok well I didn't see it so it's ok 🤠

Offline MeowiWaui

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 14:05:07 »
At the last minute he decided to ship the caps to Kono - a 3rd party who now apparently ignore him or don't answer his two messages. Like its our problem now? Should we call Kono ourselves to find out what's going on?

We only got begrudgingly cryptic "updates" after multiple customers asked.

I really don't need to smell a rotten fish for one or two more weeks to know if it stinks or not.

The only people defending his actions and "updates" are those with no sense of smell.

First, ye_cole has been transparent and open with communication since this GB inception. Above, after he updated us about CandyKeys shipment, you said, "Your shipping costs don't affect Candykeys customers - so why even mention it?"
And then later you start complaining that he isn't communicating. So what is it? Do you want communication or not?

Second, it would be crazy to think that he would go through all of this trouble running this GB, getting the keycaps manufactured only to scam everyone out of their money. Plus, ye_cole already has another GB lined up over at input.club and you can see his next set at the KONO store: https://kono.store/products/sa-royalty-keycap-set ... You really think he is going to screw people over when he has another Group Buy lined up?

Third, multiple delays are expected during a Group Buy. This is nothing new. During Signature Plastics Group Buys, people have waited YEARS.

If you can't be patient, then Group Buys are not for you.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 18:03:02 »

First, ye_cole has been transparent and open with communication since this GB inception. Above, after he updated us about CandyKeys shipment, you said, "Your shipping costs don't affect Candykeys customers - so why even mention it?"
And then later you start complaining that he isn't communicating. So what is it? Do you want communication or not?

Second, it would be crazy to think that he would go through all of this trouble running this GB, getting the keycaps manufactured only to scam everyone out of their money. Plus, ye_cole already has another GB lined up over at input.club and you can see his next set at the KONO store: https://kono.store/products/sa-royalty-keycap-set ... You really think he is going to screw people over when he has another Group Buy lined up?

Third, multiple delays are expected during a Group Buy. This is nothing new. During Signature Plastics Group Buys, people have waited YEARS.

First, "I'm [only just now] figuring out shipping costs to Candykeys" - is not an update.
Who cares what his shipping costs are?

Second, by his own admission, Kona (a US storefront) ignores the guy.
Why would he do another GB with them?

Third, Manufacturing delays are understood.
Logistical delays due to incompetence and bad planning for months is not.

I hope that clarifies my position.

Thank you.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 22:06:12 »

First, "I'm [only just now] figuring out shipping costs to Candykeys" - is not an update.
Who cares what his shipping costs are?

Second, by his own admission, Kona (a US storefront) ignores the guy.
Why would he do another GB with them?

Third, Manufacturing delays are understood.
Logistical delays due to incompetence and bad planning for months is not.

I hope that clarifies my position.

Thank you.

logistical delays should be expected for someones first group buy. those are the things you figure out and learn in your first buy that make all your subsequent buys go much more smoothly.

honestly, of the many group buys I've participated in and witnessed from the sidelines, this is one of the better ones. well planned, and well communicated to participants, even with all the little speedbumps and hiccups.
have I been in better ones? yeah sure, but those have all been from more experienced runners. have I been in worse ones? yeah, and those were all with experienced runners...

Offline Francisco

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 05:59:36 »

they have gotten the shipment but are having a technical issue receiving the keycaps.
We're working on the solution and I'm hoping they will finish receiving tomorrow.

How did they "get the shipment" but still have an issue "receiving the keycaps"?

"will update you tomorrow"... that was 4 days ago.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #533 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 01:28:02 »
Hello! I just relayed what kono told me on discord. That was quote from them. I apologize, but there hasn't been any update yet, so I haven't posted a new one.  I'm really sorry everyone doesnt have their caps yet, but I'm doing everything I can. I've also followed up again earlier today.

Also, small update- not sure if I mentioned on the thread yet, but David from CK is working with kono directly to coordinate EU shipping now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 August 2018, 01:29:35 by ye_cole »

Offline boogiemanspud

« Reply #534 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 07:11:50 »
Hello! I just relayed what kono told me on discord. That was quote from them. I apologize, but there hasn't been any update yet, so I haven't posted a new one.  I'm really sorry everyone doesnt have their caps yet, but I'm doing everything I can. I've also followed up again earlier today.

Also, small update- not sure if I mentioned on the thread yet, but David from CK is working with kono directly to coordinate EU shipping now.

Thanks for the update!  Remember guys, CALM depths.  It's coming to gether and I know everyone, me included, is anxious to get a new set of keycaps.  It's gonna happen, just need some patience at this point.

I was involved in the amazing chocolatier buy on massdrop and it took longer than this with less transparency.  It's just kind of the nature of group buys, there are almost always unexpeced delays and amounts of frustration here and there.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:49:21 »
Hey guys!

Small update:

Here's what's going on with the kono situation:

https://imgur.com/a/MAc800m

TL;DR: Shipment has arrived at warehouse, but person in charge of coordinating warehouse affairs hasn't been responding for some reason. I apologize for the delay, and hopefully we should have it figured out as soon as he responds.

Offline pvd

Re: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (stay tuned, working things out with kono.)
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:14:51 »
I think it’s best not to promise dates until one is ready to ship out the next day. I’ve been in more than a few GBs where ‘shipping next week’ became ‘shipping two months later’. If it takes longer it takes longer, but promising shipping dates that later become infeasible just frustrates people.

Offline Francisco

« Reply #537 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 00:41:14 »
The story so far...

May 22 - "Give me 2 weeks to receive the set and 10-12 days to ship it all out"
May 28 - "After careful deliberation, I've decided to ship to me then candykeys. I don't want anything to go wrong."
June 5 - "I should have at least half, if not more shipped in 3 weeks"
June 13 - "delay again - I'm having issues setting up an account on DHL"
June 24 - "DHL taking a while to setup account - don't want to wait - so I'm asking kono.store if I can use their account to ship the sets instead."
July 3 - "ETA for all US/everybody but EU orders is 15 days"
July 19 - "When it ships you're going to receive tracking numbers from kono.store"
July 20 - "NA orders should start shipping next Friday (July 27)"
July 30 - "waiting for kono to reply - I've messaged them twice"
August 1 - "they got the shipment but have a technical issue receiving the keyscaps"?!?!
August 9 - "kono hasn't been responding for some reason"

Go figure...

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #538 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 02:42:25 »
The story so far...

May 28 - "After careful deliberation, I've decided to ship to me then candykeys. I don't want anything to go wrong."
June 24 - "DHL taking a while to setup account - don't want to wait - so I'm asking kono.store if I can use their account to ship the sets instead."
July 19 - "When it ships you're going to receive tracking numbers from kono.store"
August 1 - "they got the shipment but have a technical issue receiving the keyscaps"?!?!

Go figure...
You already said you're selling your set, what's the point of complaining any further lmao

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #539 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:21:32 »
The story so far...

Go figure...

If you joined a GB without expecting delays then you shouldn't have joined a GB

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #540 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:31:26 »
The story so far...

Go figure...

If you joined a GB without expecting delays then you shouldn't have joined a GB

This might be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

Nice.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #541 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 07:49:57 »
The story so far...

Go figure...
Issue this guy a refund and be done with it. Dude is toxic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Francisco

« Reply #542 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:42:54 »
The caps were manufactured 3 months ago. So, what's the "delay" about?

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #543 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 10:36:37 »
Just email ye_cole personally. It seems you're one of the few if not the only one with a similar opinion and it's annoying seeing this discussion in this thread. I'm just waiting patiently for updates on the GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #544 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 14:22:26 »
The caps were manufactured 3 months ago. So, what's the "delay" about?

You've outlined the timeline, and I've told everyone everything that's been going on as soon as I knew. I, however, should not have promised delivery dates before I was 100% sure that they could be fulfilled.

Just email ye_cole personally. It seems you're one of the few if not the only one with a similar opinion and it's annoying seeing this discussion in this thread. I'm just waiting patiently for updates on the GB

Pretty sure he's an EU customer. If that's the case, he'd have to talk to candykeys. If not, he's welcome to shoot me an email.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 20:26:30 by ye_cole »

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #545 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 19:16:49 »

Right? I'm sure there are a lot of people looking to get in on any extras

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 20:30:36 »

Right? I'm sure there are a lot of people looking to get in on any extras

@Fransisco, if you'd like a refund, then I can give you one. Shoot me your email please.

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 20:51:21 »
I really hope EU will get em before the end of August

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 18:45:30 »
Hey guys, finally checked in with Kono. Looks like they were able to check in all the packages- finished this morning. Packages will start to be shipped out in two days. I'll check up with David and ask him how things are on his end.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #549 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 19:08:59 »
Hey guys, finally checked in with Kono. Looks like they were able to check in all the packages- finished this morning. Packages will start to be shipped out in two days. I'll check up with David and ask him how things are on his end.
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: