Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 268 (100% Shipped)  (Read 150313 times)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] Noxary 268 - Invoices Out
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 18:31:01 »
Assuming the engineering sample is the "dark gray" that the non-ag will come in?  And I will pay tonight with 100% certainty.

It is. Color is slightly different but I'll be able to match tops and bottoms.

When in doubt, go darker!
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:21:27 »
I've PMd everyone about confirming orders to make sure everything is correct. Going to hopefully order the cases this week :D

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:43:20 »
Anyone interested in trading AG edition #s? I've got 10/22. Mostly looking for a lower number. PM if interested.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:51:18 by finalarcadia »

Offline mediman

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:57:06 »
Confirmed.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:06:05 »
By the way, there is a spare slot for 268 as I forgot to take extra submissions. Please PM me if you’re interested :thumb:

Offline Ar556

Re: [GB] Noxary 268 - Invoices Out, 1 268 Slot Available
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 01:54:18 »
Pmed
 ;D

goodluck to all

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:13:39 »
Just want to clarify what the partial polycarbonate plate is.

This is the usual layouts:

And this is the partial polycarbonate plate:

There will be no plate around the grayed out keys.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:23:43 »
So, two people with AGs are going with grey anodizing.. either of those people want to swap to a non ag in dark gray since it's essentially the same thing? I'd really like to get a dark blue case.
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:25:40 »
So, two people with AGs are going with grey anodizing.. either of those people want to swap to a non ag in dark gray since it's essentially the same thing? I'd really like to get a dark blue case.

There won't be any swapping as it isn't fair to the 23rd person that filled out the AG form :'(

Also maybe the numbered/split weight is why they want it.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 11:34:43 »
Fair enough. :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline poolside

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:27:25 »
Is the cerakoting going to be done at the factory or domestically in the UK (similarly to what Norbauer did with the NT powder-coated cases)?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 15:20:51 »
Is the cerakoting going to be done at the factory or domestically in the UK (similarly to what Norbauer did with the NT powder-coated cases)?

Totally OT, but it makes me happy you also are getting different color top/bottom cases. It was weird being the only one :P

Offline timerickson

Re: [GB] Noxary 268
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 23:57:06 »
How do I always hear about these just barely too late :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:05:03 »
We're all paid up now! Currently waiting on the PCB to be delivered. I need to test build to make sure everything fits. I should get this either Saturday or Monday, so after this I'll be able to order all the cases.

Fun fact #1: No one wants a top piece without the blocker.
Fun fact #2: It was a last minute decision to have the blocker; good choice I'd say.

USA :D

How do I always hear about these just barely too late :(

Bummer :'( I tried to get the word out as much as possible. Maybe next time!
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:12:39 by xondat »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:54:25 »
Plenty of 65% boards with no blocker. Gotta seize the opportunity when it arises.  :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 21:29:04 »
I went with anodizing cause I wasn’t sure on the cerakote colors, but I gotta admit, this got me thinking:

Im still sticking with anno for this one, but I definitely will have to get one cerakoted eventually. That purple is not bad at all.

Offline wanewang

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 21:43:54 »
I went with anodizing cause I wasn’t sure on the cerakote colors, but I gotta admit, this got me thinking:
Show Image

Im still sticking with anno for this one, but I definitely will have to get one cerakoted eventually. That purple is not bad at all.

there's a website with cerakoted color! I guess the color would matching with that as they have a discussion before

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 22:00:40 »
There are stock premade cerakote colors (powders I believe, that get mixed with a liquid hardener before spraying), so it's easy to reproduce a color.
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 23:02:42 »
There are stock premade cerakote colors (powders I believe, that get mixed with a liquid hardener before spraying), so it's easy to reproduce a color.

Ohhh you mean like they do blends? I didn't know that. None of the premade colors really appealed to me. Either way since I don't really have any nice boards yet I figure I'll start with anodizing cause I know i like the look and feel of it. Cerakote is a very satiny finish and I'm not sure I'd like it in the colors I'm going for. If I already had a few nicer boards or I was looking for a more specific color then I'm sure cerakote would be an easy choice though. In theory it's stronger than anodizing i think.

I will have to research the blending colors thing though, it will definitely make cerakote a more appealing option for me in future GBs (or just getting it done to something myself).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 23:49:37 »
Cerakote looks nothing like the pics on the site -- You can order free swatches from them. I recommend it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 05:54:46 »

Ohhh you mean like they do blends? I didn't know that. None of the premade colors really appealed to me. Either way since I don't really have any nice boards yet I figure I'll start with anodizing cause I know i like the look and feel of it. Cerakote is a very satiny finish and I'm not sure I'd like it in the colors I'm going for. If I already had a few nicer boards or I was looking for a more specific color then I'm sure cerakote would be an easy choice though. In theory it's stronger than anodizing i think.

I will have to research the blending colors thing though, it will definitely make cerakote a more appealing option for me in future GBs (or just getting it done to something myself).

Yup they can blend.. simple as mixing two stock colors together. I.e. add some black to make any color darker. Thinking about cerakoting my aek64 case since for some reason the finish on these cases has tons of blemishes
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:49:23 »
Cerakote looks nothing like the pics on the site -- You can order free swatches from them. I recommend it.

When I say it has a satiny finish, that’s based on my old provari that was cerakoted.

Does anyone know if after cerakote the surface is still cold to the touch like metal? Or is it like a powder coat where it’s insulating?

Offline sangoan

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:29:58 »
When i paid, My paypal adress was Korean.

Is there no problem?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:32:38 »

When I say it has a satiny finish, that’s based on my old provari that was cerakoted.

Does anyone know if after cerakote the surface is still cold to the touch like metal? Or is it like a powder coat where it’s insulating?

You can clear coat it too for a glossy finish I believe.
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:58:02 »

Is there no problem?

I will collect all address when the cases are ready to ship :thumb:

Regarding cerakoting, I'd also recommend ordering some samples as there is still time to decide.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 10:16:13 »

Is there no problem?

Regarding cerakoting, I'd also recommend ordering some samples as there is still time to decide.

They'll ship you 5 color samples free  :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 10:42:12 »

Is there no problem?

That‘s awesome. Is that also for international customers?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 15:07:36 »

Is there no problem?

That‘s awesome. Is that also for international customers?

i think so but the lead time is not good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 22:18:39 »
Just to give you some idea of how quick those Cerakote samples go out, the Cerakote color sample I requested on 10/14 (a Saturday night) was mailed out to me on 10/16 (the following Monday).  I'm not sure when it got here because I wasn't paying that much attention to the mail, but it's already here.  It was mailed USPS first class from White City, Oregon, which should give you some idea of how long it would take a sample to reach you.  It's a 1" by 4" strip of aluminum sheet, Cerakoted in the requested color.

:thumb:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 00:03:02 »
Just to give you some idea of how quick those Cerakote samples go out, the Cerakote color sample I requested on 10/14 (a Saturday night) was mailed out to me on 10/16 (the following Monday).  I'm not sure when it got here because I wasn't paying that much attention to the mail, but it's already here.  It was mailed USPS first class from White City, Oregon, which should give you some idea of how long it would take a sample to reach you.  It's a 1" by 4" strip of aluminum sheet, Cerakoted in the requested color.

Are those just in the standard colors?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 00:04:38 »

Are those just in the standard colors?

yes
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:08:58 »

Got the PCB today. Happy to say it fits perfectly.

Waiting on a 6.25u wire in the mail, and then I'll be able to build it - should be Monday.

Going to confirm everyones color choices over the weekend so I'll be ready to order straight after building it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:34:30 by xondat »

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 09:53:56 »
Looks amazing! Forgive me if this has been asked already, but is the color of that case the dark gray or silver?

Offline techfresh

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 09:58:44 »
Looks amazing! Forgive me if this has been asked already, but is the color of that case the dark gray or silver?
That’s a good question. Hard to tell with the reflection. I’m guessing dark gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 10:10:17 »

It's dark gray, but going to go darker, more like the X60 dark gray ^-^

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 10:21:02 »
Excellent, the X60 dark gray is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:41:16 »
Quick update, expecting the stabilizer on Wednesday as it's being posted tomorrow.

Regarding color choices, consider this the 48 hour warning. I'll be locking it all down so I can move forward with ordering :D

Offline Nenija

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:42:40 »
Quick update, expecting the stabilizer on Wednesday as it's being posted tomorrow.

Regarding color choices, consider this the 48 hour warning. I'll be locking it all down so I can move forward with ordering :D

Give me purple 268!  :D

Ah but seriously, can't wait to see pictures of the assembled board!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:49:30 »
Sold my uk78 to cover the cost of this board. Told myself I wouldn't buy anything new until next year, but I can always"trade"  :D
keyboards.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:15:18 »
i can't wait for this board!!!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 13:22:22 »

Will you be replying to people to confirm you got their responses? I'm fairly certain I responded but I totally didn't notice there is a box to save outbox messages so I don't have a copy to make sure. My message from you DOES say I replied though. Just wanna make sure I didn't **** up :P.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 21:00:09 »

Just finished building the board. Ended up driving an hour to jae/jon_flynn for a stabilizer wire (and I'll ask him to share his thoughts). It's hard to stay unbiased, but I can say it's truly a joy to use. The lower plate just improves everything; it's much more comfortable than say X60 or a HHKB. I'm using an aluminum plate, which is a new feeling to me, but comparing to how X60 types, it's just more solid and feels more consistent. It's hard to describe and I can only really say you should wait and try it ;D

Built using an aluminum 68 key plate with MX blacks and clipped screw-in stabs.

Will you be replying to people to confirm you got their responses? I'm fairly certain I responded but I totally didn't notice there is a box to save outbox messages so I don't have a copy to make sure. My message from you DOES say I replied though. Just wanna make sure I didn't **** up :P.

Yes, I just haven't got around to recording everything. Expect a reply Thursday or Friday :D

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 21:37:59 »
love the height.  that's the primary reason I bought in. 
keyboards.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 05:21:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just finished building the board. Ended up driving an hour to jae/jon_flynn for a stabilizer wire (and I'll ask him to share his thoughts). It's hard to stay unbiased, but I can say it's truly a joy to use. The lower plate just improves everything; it's much more comfortable than say X60 or a HHKB. I'm using an aluminum plate, which is a new feeling to me, but comparing to how X60 types, it's just more solid and feels more consistent. It's hard to describe and I can only really say you should wait and try it ;D

Show Image

Built using an aluminum 68 key plate with MX blacks and clipped screw-in stabs.

Yes, I just haven't got around to recording everything. Expect a reply Thursday or Friday :D
That looks good! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us, now we‘re even more excited.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 09:06:03 »
Lo Hi Pro is what is up, Great design Xondat

Offline xine007

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 09:11:27 »
Super excited for this!😆

Thanks for the pics!

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 09:56:27 »
Had the pleasure of Xondat visiting last night and bringing both an X60 and the 268 for me to see side by side, and also compare with my own boards (he even was kind enough to bring a topre board for me to try as I’ve never had the opportunity).

Well, I have to say I’m impressed. The 268 angle is so low it’s really comfy to use without a wrist rest. My daily drivers are a full alu (integrated plate) clueboard and a UK78.

The feel is very solid and well put together, and the case easily slips together before screwing it properly. Nice and solid action and easy to align with some clever alignment points as well.

Xondat also brought with him one of the brass plates and a top half without a blocker. It’s much nicer with the blocker there, I have to be honest. The brass plates are really nice as well and look great with the colour of the aluminium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 03:31:13 »

did the cerakote people send you guys an email when the samples were sent out?  i placed a request last tuesday and haven't gotten anything yet besides the automated request confirmation email.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!