Author Topic: [IC] GMK 60's Happy Life(Old name Trooper feat.HHKB layout)-GB Opened  (Read 41768 times)

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
I know this set is for mini KBD but this colorway is very simple and normal. So maybe it is fit with almost housing color. Do you have a plan to make extension kit later? For example, 3000 and 1800 layout. 

Offline cocobrais

I know this set is for mini KBD but this colorway is very simple and normal. So maybe it is fit with almost housing color. Do you have a plan to make extension kit later? For example, 3000 and 1800 layout.
In this time, I don't have any plan to make extension kit.

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
ext~~~gogogo  :thumb:
LZ Limited

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
Extension kit would be good for me. Go go.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
I love both colourways and will be in for both, and I totally appreciate the focus on 6x% but... it would be amazing to have an extension for 75%-TKL...

Man, that dark set is so good.

Offline cocobrais

Definetely kit separation lead to high price. If I considered full set, this set was started.
Generally kit separation need 2 production processing. So processing price will be added. As a result high price if full kit considered. Sorry. Maybe we need to delete 65 kit also.

Offline cocobrais

I love both colourways and will be in for both, and I totally appreciate the focus on 6x% but... it would be amazing to have an extension for 75%-TKL...

Man, that dark set is so good.
I also agree  that dark set is so good. But Poll in KR, result is just 30% of total. If I will start this GB and success, dark set will be considered as next project. Thanks for your interesting!

Offline quaddepos

oeeh this looks interesting

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline Jacob4341

When will this IC become a GB? Seems like it's been around for a bit and wanting to spring on these soon for a keeb I'm building in a couple months.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
When will this IC become a GB? Seems like it's been around for a bit and wanting to spring on these soon for a keeb I'm building in a couple months.

i'm guessing closer to whenever duck releases their gb. keep in mind, from the time the GB runs, it will take 3-4 months to produce most likely.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

i'm guessing closer to whenever duck releases their gb. keep in mind, from the time the GB runs, it will take 3-4 months to produce most likely.

Not need to be in a hurry to get a great set like this, it is very likely pretty close to my end game set.

Offline Giorgio

This will be only marginally cheaper than a full set. Spacebars cost 2.5 USD each, 1u keys about 0.6 USD each, 1.25 keys 1.5 USD each.  The price of Alphas (1st group) plus modifiers and spacebars in the second group will be about 90 USD
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:24:46 by Giorgio »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
This will be only marginally cheaper than a full set. Spacebars cost 2.5 USD each, 1u keys about 0.6 USD each, 1.25 keys 1.5 USD each.  The price of Alphas (1st group) plus modifiers and spacebars in the second group will be about 90 USD

Let's see, but a full key set would be over 130 USD and for sixty users the additional cost is paid for keys that will have no use at all, I would not consider that difference as marginal if I will save money I should pay for keys I have no use for. This set focused on users that not need full sets, while it covers all their needs, I'd say that is innovation.

Offline Giorgio

Let's see, but a full key set would be over 130 USD and for sixty users the additional cost is paid for keys that will have no use at all, I would not consider that difference as marginal if I will save money I should pay for keys I have no use for. This set focused on users that not need full sets, while it covers all their needs, I'd say that is innovation.

Very recently I've seen full sets sold for 115 USD. And about two yes ago, triumph Adler reached 99 USD on massdrop. It even had custom colours.

Offline cocobrais

Very recently I've seen full sets sold for 115 USD. And about two yes ago, triumph Adler reached 99 USD on massdrop. It even had custom colours.
Haha.
Simply, Normally MOQ will be increased, it lead to decrease the price. One step will be lead to decrease about 9~10%.
Let see....GMK MOQ is 150 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 1500.
TA(only 121 keys) is maybe 500 MOQ ==> 99 USD   
If 250 ==> 99 / 0.9 = 110USD
If 150 ==> 110 / 0.9 = 122USD

If TA was 140~150keys, maybe +15USD. (2 years ago)

Also your calculation is very simple. But calculation is not simple. We have to consider many thing as processing / Color(one tone or two tone or some novelty keys) / Size / side pad printing / LED keys(if added)New mold price (if used) / ETC..... Also exchange rate(Now EURO/USD = 1.2) 
Normally 140~150keys with 250 MOQ is 130~140USD in many GBs. It means that if 150MOQ, maybe generally 140~150USD. (Not massdrop).
I am not sure but in my calculation, maybe only 60% set will be about 110 USD with 150MOQ, about 100 USD with 250 MOQ.
(In your calculation, you mention that 0.6 USD for 1U keys. So 40~50keys difference is about 30USD. So my calculation is not big difference)

I will try to discuss with GMK and it will be helpful to decrease the cost.   

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
Re: [IC] GMK Trooper feat.HHKB layout
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:06:43 »
Looks pretty nice! I am against any kind of front print on GMK sets however. (Just my personal preference)
I like front print as well. :)
Have Fun Everywhere

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

I'm not quite sure how you think it's not significant.

Just adding the F-Row and a STANDARD numpad would be 32 more keys. Then you potentially have split 0/00. scoop/bar/dot 5 key. the extra 4 keys above the numpad for larger boards. If you wanted to add all the >65% keys from Laser for example, that's 40 keys.

Even if we accept your pricing, that's AT LEAST $19.20 for the bare minimum coverage. $24 for total coverage. If the 65% kit is $100, that means you are saying a 20-24% increase is "marginally more expensive".

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Which sets? I haven't seen any.

Also you're forgetting two things: exchange rates have changed, and GMK raised their prices.

Offline Giorgio

Just adding the F-Row and a STANDARD numpad would be 32 more keys. Then you potentially have split 0/00. scoop/bar/dot 5 key. the extra 4 keys above the numpad for larger boards. If you wanted to add all the >65% keys from Laser for example, that's 40 keys.

Even if we accept your pricing, that's AT LEAST $19.20 for the bare minimum coverage. $24 for total coverage. If the 65% kit is $100, that means you are saying a 20-24% increase is "marginally more expensive".

32 keys for numpad and f row mean a cost of less than 20 USD, which in exchange allow you to resell the set and get compatibility with the standard layout and all the 75% variations.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

32 keys for numpad and f row mean a cost of less than 20 USD, which in exchange allow you to resell the set and get compatibility with the standard layout and all the 75% variations.

The entire point of this set is a cheap set for compact layouts. It was originally just going to cover the trooper/viper. Increasing the price 20% for non-compact sets makes no sense to someone like me. I will gladly take the $20 savings for keys i never use.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder

The entire point of this set is a cheap set for compact layouts. It was originally just going to cover the trooper/viper. Increasing the price 20% for non-compact sets makes no sense to someone like me. I will gladly take the $20 savings for keys i never use.

YES. I've just stumbled upon this IC but I have to agree. I'd be more willing to enter a GB for a set that covers just the keys I use and nothing more. I'm a student and a parent so any savings are worth it. I don't need 1800 layout compatibility or anything like that.

Not every set needs to be 100% compatible with every single layout. BTW - this is another beige/gray set so there's definitely one keyset in (almost) this colorway that supports the layout you want.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:28:25 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline quaddepos

YES. I've just stumbled upon this IC but I have to agree. I'd be more willing to enter a GB for a set that covers just the keys I use and nothing more. I'm a student and a parent so any savings are worth it. I don't need 1800 layout compatibility or anything like that.

^

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I'd be interested to know how much the original set was. I'd be very happy with it as it was, I am a sixty user, so the savings with this basic set may allow me to get two sets.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
I'd be interested to know how much the original set was. I'd be very happy with it as it was, I am a sixty user, so the savings with this basic set may allow me to get two sets.

Show Image

I could use that kit if it added 7u, but I use both 60/65% boards, so 65% would be perfect. That said, 60% only wouldn't stop me from buying it.

I myself plan to try and run a 65% and under kit with as much coverage as possible at some point :P.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Is it possible to get the command and alt-op keys that are in the main set in 1.25u? It would be a first in double shot. There are similar keys in PBT already.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

Not every set needs to be 100% compatible with every single layout. BTW - this is another beige/gray set so there's definitely one keyset in (almost) this colorway that supports the layout you want.

Muted would be fairly similar if you wanted a full set

Offline kconfire

Loving this.
Def in!  :thumb:
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline cocobrais

Is it possible to get the command and alt-op keys that are in the main set in 1.25u? It would be a first in double shot. There are similar keys in PBT already.

Show Image

I think that it is difficult to add 1.25 keys because new mold will be lead to increase total cost. I am sorry.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Show Image

I think that it is difficult to add 1.25 keys because new mold will be lead to increase total cost. I am sorry.

Understood. The Icons included are great though, just wondering how possible it would be to have the authentic HHKB's legends in 1.25 size as well.

Offline cocobrais

3D Renderings were updated.
Kit will be decided soon and I will progress the GB.  :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
The updated kit looks very good. I'd prefer the pure 60% if that leads to a reasonable price.

Offline cocobrais

Soon!

US(Donutcat) / EU(Candykeys) proxies were set. Just wait feedback from CN(zFrontier).  ;D

Kit will be
- Base kit for 60%
- Add-on kit for 65%

188927-0 

Offline cocobrais

The updated kit looks very good. I'd prefer the pure 60% if that leads to a reasonable price.
Price will be fixed with proxies. I think that it will be reasonable price considering exchange rate.
Very closed to start GB.  :D

Offline cocobrais

Soon!

US(Donutcat) / EU(Candykeys) proxies were set. Just wait feedback from CN(zFrontier).  ;D

Kit will be
- Base kit for 60%
- Add-on kit for 65%

(Attachment Link)  

Australia and NZ?
Not fixed. But maybe US proxy is possible to handle AU/NZ. or I can directly handle but price will be need to compare with US proxy.
So I will update information my price for AU and NZ. Is it ok for you?

Offline ihalatch

Soon!

Kit will be
- Base kit for 60%
- Add-on kit for 65%

(Attachment Link)  

Australia and NZ?
Not fixed. But maybe US proxy is possible to handle AU/NZ. or I can directly handle but price will be need to compare with US proxy.
So I will update information my price for AU and NZ. Is it ok for you?

Yes, that'll be good. Thanks.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
I too prefer the original 60 only support to minimize the price.

On another note, with RAMA's GMK Heavy Industry having a sublegend for diamond arrow, any chance this can incorporate that too? Or maybe simply have them front printed like the Caps Lock/Control.

Offline babb2

That render looks so nice,
When is it coming!!! :D

Offline cocobrais

On another note, with RAMA's GMK Heavy Industry having a sublegend for diamond arrow, any chance this can incorporate that too? Or maybe simply have them front printed like the Caps Lock/Control.
Could you please give a link for rama?

Offline cocobrais

That render looks so nice,
When is it coming!!! :D
If possible, end of Feb or early next month.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Could you please give a link for rama?

https://rama.works/#/gmk-heavy-industry/

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I like Coco's Happy Life set better than Rama's.

Offline cocobrais

I decide to make two kit.
- Base for 60%
- Addon for 65% extension.

Soon.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
- Base for 60%

Soon.

Patiently waiting for it sir Coco. I am pretty sure it will be a great set, at a reasonable  price. I must have for any serious sixty user.

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
- Base for 60%

Soon.

I would love to see support for the 60% extension. I love the clean, professional look of this set - hope the GB comes through soon!
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline Poesjuh

A 2u shift is included right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cocobrais

2u shift?
This set include 2.25u / 2.75u / 1.25u / 1.75u shift.
Left : ansi 2.25u  /  iso 1.25u
Right : general 2.75u / 1.25u for 1800 & mini layout.

Offline Poesjuh

2u shift?

Hmmm, pity. There are some 65’s that use 2u like the COD and GK64.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder

2u shift?

Hmmm, pity. There are some 65’s that use 2u like the COD and GK64.

Well, those are 60% keyboards that try to jam together a 65% layout. The only official board that uses a 2u Shift that I know of is Cherry G80-11900 if I'm correct. And then there's a lot of keysets on KbdFans that offer 2u Shift also.

P.S. Official was meant as a board that could be a donor keyset if you looking for Cherry profile keys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 February 2018, 03:36:32 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline cocobrais

Hey, Guys.
Today I am happy to inform one good news.
Before starting GB, I have worked two things.

One is proxy finding and currently Donutcat for US and Candykeys for EU were set.
Just  wait to feedback to zFrontier for CN.

Another is that to make more competition set for 60% Keyset.
This means that I try to add the divided space bar(2.25U+1U+2.75U blank keys for space bar) without additional cost increasing.
I already had a quotations and have discussed to make these three keys without additional cost increasing.
As a result, today GMK accepted my opinion.  :thumb:

Current my plan   
- This week : share information to proxies for opening the web.
- Next  week : open the GB in Geekhack

Really hope to see you soon.