Author Topic: Hi, from Australia~  (Read 1529 times)

Offline dan_esc

• Art
Hi, from Australia~
« on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 20:50:13 »
Hi all,

I'm dan and I'm an tech head / artist from Australia.
My first mechanical keyboard upgrade from a membrane was a Type-Heaven.
Honestly, I found it very strange coming from membrane and very low profile Mac keyboards but interesting. I ended up replacing it with a
wireless magic keyboard that wasn't being used for my iPad and really loved the 60% design for ergonomics (love that room for ones mouse hand)

But...

I began to miss my Type-Heaven... I'm kind of faster on low profile keys but there was something about the pronounced hit and purpose behind the Type-Heaven that I now found my magic keyboard lacked. I also realised it's quite easy to make mistakes on such low profile keys which can be a bit unproductive in things like Terminal/Konsole.

I'm currently studying IT as a career instead of my past job in VFX for cinema and thought it'd be great to invest in a keyboard to use through my learning and future career. So after a lot of searching I just purchased a Realforce 87u 55g from mechanicalkeyboards.co.id. I love 60% keyboards but many lack arrow keys, which are super useful for me, so I found the RF 87u to be a really good fit. I even bought the white model which is very nostalgic and was the colour scheme I grew up on because my Dad was lucky enough to own a computer that I could use at a very young age. I also love Japan which helped my find the Topre switches and Realforce series.

So here goes to having a mechanical (topre) keyboard back in my life!
I hope this keyboard serves me well.

Thanks~
- dan