Author Topic: Do I need this Corvette?  (Read 7755 times)

Offline JP

Do I need this Corvette?
« on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:44:31 »
I want this car...drool. Way better than a new one with upgrades and cheaper. I would likely break a rim in the first hour after hitting our famous potholes or fishtail into a curb. If I sold all my keebs I would also have some money to buy this and I figure I could sort of live in it as well. Also who cares about gas mileage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06/253490634565?hash=item3b05381f45:g:keUAAOSw2fRaqXGk&vxp=mtr

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Do I need this Corvette?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:50:23 »
Crying on the inside,  Tp4 so p00r,  can't fordz corvette.. only dewalt..

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:52:31 »
I can't affordz this either... :( but even a used base level corvette at half this price or less is way better than the sea of mediocre sedans and minivans on the road.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:55:37 by JP »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:55:58 »
I can't affordz this either... :(

I've never driven a corvette afk, but based on my xperience with them in forza,  the handling is not so great..

I have driven a wrx and lan evo,  both these cars have great response..

But, Tesla dual motor by far has the best response of anything I've driven..

Offline JP

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:57:29 »
I can't affordz this either... :( but even a used base level corvette at half this price or less is way better than the sea of mediocre sedans and minivans on the road. I has no wife or kids to spend my money. Also a used car is pretty much depreciated and these kind of cars trade hands often depending on life changes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:58:26 »
I can't affordz this either... :( but even a used base level corvette at half this price or less is way better than the sea of mediocre sedans and minivans on the road. I has no wife or kids to spend my money. Also a used car is pretty much depreciated and these kind of cars trade hands often depending on life changes.

wait for Used teslas to hit the market..

Teslas are the future..

Offline JP

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:59:44 »
A wrx would be pretty sweet. I looked a subies for a while. I haven't drove either though. I really like rear wheel drive though.

Offline JP

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:03:38 »
Teslas are the future..

How dare you besmirch the imperial petrochemical complex. Also clean coal is the future  :thumb:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:11:15 »
Make sure you at least have a case for winter and other rough conditions then consider how much you want that corvette on top. I understand people who like cars but there are still some nice looking affordable ish vehicles with good mileage. Up to you, but I would rather want even 10 kustoms than any fancy car.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:28:04 »
Make sure you at least have a case for winter and other rough conditions then consider how much you want that corvette on top. I understand people who like cars but there are still some nice looking affordable ish vehicles with good mileage. Up to you, but I would rather want even 10 kustoms than any fancy car.
Kustoms are the sports cars of keyboards after all! :cool:
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:37:52 »
I want this car...drool. Way better than a new one with upgrades and cheaper. I would likely break a rim in the first hour after hitting our famous potholes or fishtail into a curb. If I sold all my keebs I would also have some money to buy this and I figure I could sort of live in it as well. Also who cares about gas mileage.

While that car seems like a great deal, if something goes wrong, bend over. That is an issue with builds using parts like this, they are not built for long term street use really (as evidence by the mileage vs age). That fuel pump, great for power, but will it even make it to to 50k miles? Probably not. How long will that blower go before needing a rebuild when being asked to push so much power, and how much for that? How about tires?

I'm not saying it's a bad deal or a bad car, but it's not going to be Corvette dependable, you aren't going to be able to drive this without deeeeep pockets. It's a $120k high maintenance car that requires $120k car repairs.

People make this mistake on exotics ALL THE TIME. "It's 12 years old, parts should be cheap!", no, it's a 12 year old $60k car that still needs parts for a $60k car. A steering rack for a 12 year old $60k Porsche is still a steering rack for a $60k Porsche even if you paid less for the car than a used Honda Accord.  In this case it's worse, you aren't going to find that fuel pump or a set of injectors while stuck in Winslow Arizona in the middle of summer on friday at 5pm, you can't even go to the nearest dealer or parts store and buy something just to get you home (ask me how I know this). You're either towing it or waiting for parts to be flown in and hope either you or the local mechanic can get it running again. Good luck

If you have to sell anything, short of a summer home to buy this, you probably can't afford it. The maintenance is going to eat you alive. This is not a Corvette, this is a track day Ferrari killer for someone who can afford a Ferrari but hates Ferraris. You see that shop it's sitting in? That's how you own a car like this for a reasonable price, otherwise, you pay Ferrari style repair bills to a shop like this to fix it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:55:05 »

Teslas are the future..

Tesla is and will be even worse than the old Porsche example above.
A Tesla recently was written off because a small fender bender, the repair was estimated to cost $34k and even though the car was worth $90k, the insurance company totaled it. Another had minor door damage that went into the fender, that estimate was $30k ($20k in labor), again, insurance totaled it because they couldn't get the parts or find a mechanic to fix it.

That's not going to improve on the Model S.
There isn't enough for an aftermarket to support them and the wealthy who own them, will cast them aside and not fix them anyway, so why create an aftermarket. If it was a million dollar collector car like an F40, someone would step up and make parts, it would cost you an arm and a leg, but they would. If it was as common as a Porsche 911, you would have enough sales to build a business on it. The older Tesla have neither.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 02:26:18 »
Teslas are the future..

How dare you besmirch the imperial petrochemical complex. Also clean coal is the future  :thumb:
What the **** on a lollipop stick is clean coal?! :p
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 05:31:52 »
I suspect that "clean coal" refers to coal-burning plant which stores the CO2 from combustion in underground caverns. It will get out into the atmosphere — it will only take longer. Then there is the method in which it has been excavated, which is almost always through strip mining.
Not clean at all in my opinion.

My neighbour has a Corvette. It just screams MIDLIFE CRISIS!
Edit: But that's him.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:54:46 by Findecanor »

Offline JP

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 07:39:18 »
@Leslieann Damn you know what your taking about. Then I am hoping someone who had a mid-life crisis sells one for cheap so they can buy a new one. Also is there such a thing as a 30-something life crisis? Maybe I should just get a used Camry or Sonata then  :( Of course clean coal is not clean but coal will be present for years to come to power those Tesla's TP4 mentions.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 09:49:12 »

Teslas are the future..

Tesla is and will be even worse than the old Porsche example above.
A Tesla recently was written off because a small fender bender, the repair was estimated to cost $34k and even though the car was worth $90k, the insurance company totaled it. Another had minor door damage that went into the fender, that estimate was $30k ($20k in labor), again, insurance totaled it because they couldn't get the parts or find a mechanic to fix it.

That's not going to improve on the Model S.
There isn't enough for an aftermarket to support them and the wealthy who own them, will cast them aside and not fix them anyway, so why create an aftermarket. If it was a million dollar collector car like an F40, someone would step up and make parts, it would cost you an arm and a leg, but they would. If it was as common as a Porsche 911, you would have enough sales to build a business on it. The older Tesla have neither.

Give it time guys..  You can't expect Elon to fix it all at the same time..

This stuff is already improving faster than it ever did..  but still we've had gasoline vehicles for a LONG LONG time before the current convenience of its ubiquity fully blossomed..

191671-0

191673-1

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 17:26:54 »
What the **** on a lollipop stick is clean coal?! :p

A fake marketing term used to make coal sound more palatable and a political idea to buy coal votes.
The first attempt at a true clean coal plant took $7 billion ($4bil over budget) to build and was a complete and utter failure. How big of a failure was it? They gave up and converted it to run on natural gas... Even if it had worked, only 65% of CO2 was going to be captured.

Petra Nova in Texas is actually considered the first "clean coal" plant, however, they are not filtering the CO2, they capture it (only 33%) and are just injecting it back into the ground at a nearby oil field as a means to extract oil. It's not clean and worse, it's being used to extract oil which will pollute even more.

In other words, it's a joke.
By the time we can figure out how to actually make clean coal work, we will have moved to alternatives, which will be/are cheaper.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:09:06 »
Did someone call a corvette a ferrari killer?  :)) :)) :))

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:20:28 »
@Leslieann Damn you know what your taking about. Then I am hoping someone who had a mid-life crisis sells one for cheap so they can buy a new one. Also is there such a thing as a 30-something life crisis? Maybe I should just get a used Camry or Sonata then  :( Of course clean coal is not clean but coal will be present for years to come to power those Tesla's TP4 mentions.
Sorry.
Seen people get in over their heads more than a few times.

You don't need a Camry, just something more realistic. Consider a Mustang or 2nd Gen Supra, honestly though, if you really want a toy to play with on weekends, no joke, look into a Miata. Blah Blah hairdresser's car... They are fantastic drivers and no one is going to mistake it for a hairdressers car if they see a rollbar. You can build a pretty good street/track Miata for under $10k. Another option, invest in an old hot rod or muscle car. Not only are they easy to work on, but odds are, you won't really lose money on it.

Will any of these beat that Z06?
On a track, no, but that Z06 is meant for the track.  On the street, other than spinning into a tree, it's actually kind of going to be boring. Think about it, on the street you are using about 5% of what that car is capable of. Do you honestly think taking a 35mph turn in a Z06 is going to be exciting? Only if you take it at 90. A fast zero 60 is only fun on on ramps and lasts a split second.  On the street, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow because you have so many imposed limits such as speed limits, stop signs, etc... Other than turning teen boys heads, I would imagine driving a Z06 or even a Lambo around town is probably about as exciting as driving a Prius. It never stretches it's legs.

Want fun on the street? Get a car you have to work, not one that can go from 0-60 in first gear then skips to 4th so you can cruise. Blah. BOOOORING. No, get a car that needs 4 shifts by the time you reach highway speeds so you can row through the gears with enthusiasm, mash the pedal and hear the engine roar without even breaking the speed limit. That is where the fun is in a weekend car.

I know all of this sounds completely counter to common thinking, and I may even be making a joke, but think back to the cars you enjoyed driving, few were actually fast by modern standards, they were fun because you had to work with the car, not just press a pedal to go fast. This is also why the last 911's with an actual manual shifter are fetching premiums on the used car market compared to their faster paddle shifted brethren. It's simply more fun. Cars have reached a point where they are boring at normal speeds. Even a modern Camry is fast compared to cars just 20 years ago and you can do that drive while holding a cell phone. This is why people are texting and talking on the phone instead of driving, the car is doing all the work and they disengage. The same will happen in that Z06, you will use two gears around town and 3 maybe 4 on the highway and it will just cruise along and you will disengage.

Sure, if you plan to track it a Vette is a fun car... But people are going to laugh when a 130hp stock Miata laps you because you aren't skilled to put the power down without ending off in the grass. Again, boring.

Get something you can actually enjoy for more that just a split second blip of the throttle or a d**k waving contests.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:23:48 »
Drop 1100hp into a C6 Z06 Corvette (like the one being considered), and yes, it will destroy most of them on a track.

Ferraris are not mythical beast that cannot be slayed.
In fact all you have to do is drive past a dealership... It can't help but stop for repairs or merchandise, usually the former.   :p

More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:19:38 »
Buy two working Corvettes and you'll be fine.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:38:49 »
A wrx would be pretty sweet. I looked a subies for a while. I haven't drove either though. I really like rear wheel drive though.
The guy who lives opposite me drives a wrx, couldn't help but laugh as he span all 4 wheels and slid backwards down the road a couple of weeks back when we had snow.  For the record I blame the driver - way too many revs!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline JP

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 20:15:26 »
Thanks again for the insights. The old school mustangs look really fun to drive but slow by today's standards. I'm totally with you when you say that it is funner to drive a slow car fast on the streets. I had not given a Miata much consideration. I've always had a soft spot for the Honda S2000's though but those are a bit more expensive.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 20:53:32 »

Teslas are the future..

Why did I first read that as "used testicles"?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 21:05:03 »
The guy who lives opposite me drives a wrx, couldn't help but laugh as he span all 4 wheels and slid backwards down the road a couple of weeks back when we had snow.  For the record I blame the driver - way too many revs!

Also must have had all season tires instead of snow tyres.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 22:23:58 »
Had a Subie...
It was the second most boring car I've owned. It was like driving Grand Tourismo on Playstation, may as well have been drive by wire for all the feedback it gave you. You would be going along fine and then you were headed off into the trees. Which was about the only thing exciting about it... Other than when the headgasket let go. Yay.

And before any of you say it, yes, I readily admit that I'm a rwd snob. I prefer to go into the trees backwards.
I grew up in a time when traction control meant modulating the throttle, not some little light on the dash telling you a tire is slipping and the computer is cutting power.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 04:33:33 »
You don't need it but if you want it, why not. This is exactly my justification for a car purchase.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JP

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 11:44:58 »
You don't need it but if you want it, why not. This is exactly my justification for a car purchase.

I have changed directions. I am now considering something a bit more realistic like a stock Vette or a Miata either stock or already track prepped. Either can be had for a fraction of this Vette and cheaper than a new economy car plus decent gas mileage and reliability. For a stock Miata I would add a rollcage and other upgrades like suspension upgrades for track use and daily driving fun. A co-worker of mine asked when I became a girl. Well I think a track prepped Miata would give his Focus ST a run for it's money on a track.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 11:53:13 »
Drop 1100hp into a C6 Z06 Corvette (like the one being considered), and yes, it will destroy most of them on a track.

In fact all you have to do is drive past a dealership... It can't help but stop for repairs or merchandise, usually the former.   :p

oh so just change the engine, and it's better. I see :rolleyes:

Offline JP

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 13:08:47 »

On the track, in this case I would agree. A Z06 is meant to be driven on track. This is an excellent platform for Ferrari ownage once you add on some power for a lot less than a Ferrari tuneup. Most drag cars are basically setup to go in a straight line so those cars would do poorly where you have to make left and right turns. Unless you are going up against something really exotic like an Enzo you should fair very well. Of course you still need to have this skills to compete.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:06:38 »
And before any of you say it, yes, I readily admit that I'm a rwd snob. I prefer to go into the trees backwards.
I grew up in a time when traction control meant modulating the throttle, not some little light on the dash telling you a tire is slipping and the computer is cutting power.

This, so many times.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:25:40 »

This, so many times.

Nothing wrong with rear-wheel drive..   Problem is cheaper FR cars are not balanced // do not handle well.. MR is great all around at every price.

But why even argue..

OUTSIDE = BAD..

INSIDE = GIGABIT INTERNET = GOOD!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:45:28 »

This, so many times.

Nothing wrong with rear-wheel drive..   Problem is cheaper FR cars are not balanced // do not handle well.. MR is great all around at every price.

But why even argue..

OUTSIDE = BAD..

tp4 makes another basic mistake.

Inside = tp4 + gigabit internet.

Outside = girrlz.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:47:59 »

But why even argue..

OUTSIDE = BAD..

[/size][/color]

tp4 makes another basic mistake.

Inside = tp4 + gigabit internet.

Outside = girrlz.

Living in a van , down by the river..  Here I come..

Offline JP

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:51:29 »
I'm going from this Vette to a Miata. I wonder which is a better chick magnet? Perhaps neither if sports cars are just something guys are more into?

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:53:16 by JP »

Offline JP

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:55:46 »
Living in a van , down by the river..  Here I come..

Shaggin wagon  ;)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 18:57:39 »

I think you missed something in the conversation...
The car the op was considering had a built 1100hp motor already in it, I was not suggesting an engine change, the engine was already there.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 19:30:25 »
MR? Yes, those just grow on trees all over the place.

Weight balance f/r
----------------------
Miatas - 50/50
2013 Corvette 50.6/49.4
80's BMW 3 Series 52/48 (including M3)
90's BMW 3 series 51/49
last 2 generations of Mustangs 52/48
3rd gen RX7 - 50.2/49.8
350z - 51/49

MR
----------
Mr2 - 46/54
Cayman  46/54
Um... others?

Yes, some people think 45/55 is best (for acceleration reasons), however how heavy the car is, and where that weight is located matters more than how it's balanced. This is especially applicable in lower horsepower cars.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 03:59:40 »
I want this car...drool. If I sold all my keebs I would also have some money to buy this and I figure I could sort of live in it as well...

Sorry, but that's one of the strangest posts I've ever seen. You want to buy a hot sportscar and live in it? What's wrong with this picture?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline iri

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 05:18:28 »
I'm going from this Vette to a Miata. I wonder which is a better chick magnet? Perhaps neither if sports cars are just something guys are more into?

(Attachment Link)
#2 = everlasting friendzone
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 17:48:28 »
Take a look at who lines the street after Cars and Coffee, both are going to attract far more fanboys/men than women.  If you really just want to use a car to get laid, just buy some nice clothes and head to an uptown sports bar or club and order something better than PBR (don't want to over compensate). The woman STD distribution center will magically appear out of nowhere.

If you want to get women's attention, buy a soft top 2 door Wrangler, get some abs and a tan, grow your hair out a bit, and get a dog. On second thought, the dog will do as much or more than anything else, so just get a dog.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 20:27:40 »
I had a revelation about 20 years ago: when buying a car, don't talk to a car salesman, talk to an independent mechanic.

He is the guy who has to fix the damn things day in and day out. He can tell you what is good and what isn't!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 21:30:49 »
Take a look at who lines the street after Cars and Coffee, both are going to attract far more fanboys/men than women.  If you really just want to use a car to get laid, just buy some nice clothes and head to an uptown sports bar or club and order something better than PBR (don't want to over compensate). The woman STD distribution center will magically appear out of nowhere.

If you want to get women's attention, buy a soft top 2 door Wrangler, get some abs and a tan, grow your hair out a bit, and get a dog. On second thought, the dog will do as much or more than anything else, so just get a dog.

What's between ones ears is more important than anything else.

But assuming anyone's unlucky enough to be a non-looker like Tp4,    Tp4 would recommend the Following Load Out.

Reduce salt intake to 1.5g per day,  this makes your face look less puffy, and brings out the jaw line.

Weight-loss to target a BMI of around 23-24 is ideal for facial slimming..

A beard / chin strap will do in a pinch to hide any facial - flabbiness..

---  The use of beard cloak has proliferated in current pop culture for puffier men,
---  However, it's a scenario similar to cake-face for females.
------  The fascade is in place, but their level of Confidence is just not there..

Finally:  GO TO A PROFESSIONAL HAIR -STYLIST,   Stop getting the $14.95 deal at Supercuts..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 00:04:49 »
I had a revelation about 20 years ago: when buying a car, don't talk to a car salesman, talk to an independent mechanic.

He is the guy who has to fix the damn things day in and day out. He can tell you what is good and what isn't!
THIS.
It's surprising what is actually good and reliable, vs what is perceived to be good and reliable, and sometimes it can vary a lot even for a single model or even a specific year of said model.

Just take a look at Consumer Reports (not perfect but not bad either), even that shows a difference from reality vs perceived quality. For example, Cadillac and Mercedes are often seen as the best but they regularly score near the bottom for reliability. Meanwhile BMW and Mini score average at best. Buick is actually near the top, but how many people our age want a Buick?
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 04:22:26 »
Better late than never!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 08:43:24 »

THIS.
It's surprising what is actually good and reliable, vs what is perceived to be good and reliable, and sometimes it can vary a lot even for a single model or even a specific year of said model.

Just take a look at Consumer Reports (not perfect but not bad either), even that shows a difference from reality vs perceived quality. For example, Cadillac and Mercedes are often seen as the best but they regularly score near the bottom for reliability. Meanwhile BMW and Mini score average at best. Buick is actually near the top, but how many people our age want a Buick?

These rating systems are rigged..

Ask a computer hobbiest, which computer is most likely to break down..

NONE, if you know how to use them right..

That's the same with mechanics.

They tell you it's really not about the car, but the user..

The user can damage the car through improper care, but also IMPROPER USE..

It all comes down to who has the least amount of information about the thing that they own , it's generally not the fault of the thing itself.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 17:36:23 »
Ask a computer hobbiest, which computer is most likely to break down..

Ask a pro, you will get a different answer.
The hobbyist doesn't have a large enough sample size to give you a proper answer. While hobbyists do have a network of peers to help, it's not the same. If you look up a problem online, you will find lots of people with that problem, but that doesn't mean it's a major problem. In a forum if 10 people complain about a single problem it sounds bad, but if they sold 500,000 of that item, or even 500, 10 people may indicate a problem, it may not.

Besides the fact that people with a problem are going to make more noise, those 10 people are there because they all have the problem, they sought each other out specifically because of it. If you search for people who have X problem, guess what, you find people who have X problem.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2018, 19:00:49 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 15:09:57 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06/253490634565?hash=item3b05381f45:g:keUAAOSw2fRaqXGk&vxp=mtr

(Attachment Link)
Fellow Indianapolis native here. Not worth it considering how bad the potholes have been this winter. Only going to get worse in the future.

Offline JP

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:28:36 »

(Attachment Link)
Fellow Indianapolis native here. Not worth it considering how bad the potholes have been this winter. Only going to get worse in the future.

Haha yeah. I seen so many folks with flats this winter.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 13:20:19 »
If you think the potholes in Indiana are bad, move to the Northeast...  :))

I drive an 06 Lexus IS 250 and even though it's not a fast car by any stretch, it's a fun car to take corners in and accelerating on ramps. Even though I'd love a proper high-end car like an Audi S or Mercedes AMG, I am far happier in my Lexus since I'm not spending hours in the shop every weekend. Matter of fact, once I get a new car in a few years, it will almost definitely be another Lexus. Probably the LS 500 F Sport. Sure it's not an exotic, but it is more than adequate for daily driving and has the reliability of a Toyota.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170