Author Topic: PMW3366 Vs PMW3389  (Read 42380 times)

Offline typo

PMW3366 Vs PMW3389
« on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 03:15:40 »
Besides no one is going to use either DPI, is one overall superior to the other in any of the other categories that matter? Or both just variants of the 3360 and same thing? It seems when they introduce a new model more than just DPI changes often, like for instance just an example, prediction. So if they change something else unfavorable it matters even less. I knew stupid DPI wars were coming.

Not to mention I hate with a passion Razer and adore Logitech. Who has which again? hmmm.

It is not about that however. My question is did any other specs improve in the 3389 other than increased DPI and the parameters that follow such as tracking and force. Just wondering if it is overall the same thing or if something has vastly changed. Such as when they finally went back to optical from laser. I know they are both optical, I am just using an analogy.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: PMW3366 Vs PMW3389
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 14:12:13 »
IIRC both the 3389 and 3366 (which are 3360 variants) have smoothing above ~2000 dpi (I think?). Honestly both are pretty much regarded as "perfect" sensors. Has anything "vastly" changed? No. The increased dpi from 12k -> 16k is a bit of firmware trickery from what I understand, I don't think it's native to the processor (I could be wrong though).

They're both "top-tier" sensors currently, so all things being equal go with the brand / shape you like (ie: Razer can die in a dumpster fire)

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 20:09:06 »
My sentiments exactly. Logitech is top shelf stuff. Razer belongs where it should be. In the trash. It will be there soon enough anyways. Man, their products suck. So 12k it is and has been for a bit already. I have the 502 and 903. You cannot compare either to Razer junk. I think it is a given that it is universally loathed other than by those that have no clue.....and purchase their mice at Walmart.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 20:47:18 »
Razr is still very popular in E-sports, and they're big in asia with the young g4m3rs.

As for gaming , the fact remains, ALL mouse are good enough for gaming..

The games are not extremely dependent on accuracy.  They're not designed that way because if they were, they'd be unplayable for all but the most advanced devotees.

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 07:33:28 »
I never play any games. I find the Logitech Rodents far superior to track balls used for coding, scripting and 3D modeling. The big thing with track balls is they just do not have the speed I desire. The mouse is currently on 6700DPI on the 32" display.  Had 3 displays but moved up to one very good one.

Now, either I have depleted it some or it is no longer charging off that coil. I hope not the latter. Still, plugging it in is not a big deal.

Those Razer gamers are all endorsed/compensated lol. As for the kidz, well....we all grow up. I do wish I could find a trackball though. TP, recommend me one?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 09:01:53 »
I never play any games. I find the Logitech Rodents far superior to track balls used for coding, scripting and 3D modeling. The big thing with track balls is they just do not have the speed I desire. The mouse is currently on 6700DPI on the 32" display.  Had 3 displays but moved up to one very good one.

Now, either I have depleted it some or it is no longer charging off that coil. I hope not the latter. Still, plugging it in is not a big deal.

Those Razer gamers are all endorsed/compensated lol. As for the kidz, well....we all grow up. I do wish I could find a trackball though. TP, recommend me one?

no current track balls are that great.

People have modded mice sensors with trackball lens and trackball housing..

Buhhhh.. it's difficult to set the focus because we're working in tenths of a millimeter here.

Offline typo

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 09:34:22 »
Not fast enough has been my issue.

I will take 10 of these please: https://www.ebay.com/i/152439242536?chn=ps

Some kind of sick joke?

It is the old sensor too. WTF?