Author Topic: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - 100% Complete.  (Read 127266 times)

Offline Kinami

Re: Lunar AEK 65%
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 04:25:17 »
I'd love a split space layout, but Alps? Not today...

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 20:05:06 »
I'd love a split space layout, but Alps? Not today...
I mean the whole point of this board is to be for alps. There are plenty of other MX 65%'s
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 12:16:58 »
Picture from Switchplate Peripherals website.

Show Image

Beautiful curves!

Curious about the town in the background, looks idyllic from a distance.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 18:59:45 »
damn why alps. wont buy this one lol

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 20:16:05 »

I hope you're joking. Lol

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 20:52:42 »

I hope you're joking. Lol
Lol the whole point - the angle, design, are for Alps, and especially AEK keycaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 23:06:16 »
Great project! I'm sort of getting into alps right now but this might push me off the deep end. I'm kind of curious about the layout support. You mention split space support but that the case will only support one layout. Does this not include split space? Is split space only limited to the PCB?

On the subject of the PCB - would it possibly be compatible with the M65? I think there might be issues with the USB port, but it would be cool to see how AEK caps look on that board as well.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 04:05:45 »
Great project! I'm sort of getting into alps right now but this might push me off the deep end. I'm kind of curious about the layout support. You mention split space support but that the case will only support one layout. Does this not include split space? Is split space only limited to the PCB?

On the subject of the PCB - would it possibly be compatible with the M65? I think there might be issues with the USB port, but it would be cool to see how AEK caps look on that board as well.

From my understanding, there are 2 plates, each will support 1 layout so you will get the version with the layout you choose. This is great cuz it means the plate will be much more solid. The pcb will support  2 layouts.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 August 2018, 04:07:19 by parityb1t »
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 05:15:17 »

There will be two top chassis designs, each with their respective layout (single vs split spacebar).
As for compatibility with other chassis, I cannot guarantee anything since I don't own them to test-fit or measure.

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:21:08 »

There will be two top chassis designs, each with their respective layout (single vs split spacebar).
As for compatibility with other chassis, I cannot guarantee anything since I don't own them to test-fit or measure.

Sweet! Looking forward to it.  ;D

I have an M65 so I'd be willing to test fit the PCB for you if you'd like. I think I can get a custom plate cut, as well.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:04:30 »
Amazing. I hope there is an MX variant of this.

Offline Raqem

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 20:48:03 »
The board looks amazing. Too bad about the lack of QMK. I’m guessing you’re on Windows? On a Mac, there are no driver issues, and flashing takes less than a second. At least it does on the command line. I don’t mess with that hex file stuff.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 21:03:09 »
The board looks amazing. Too bad about the lack of QMK. I’m guessing you’re on Windows? On a Mac, there are no driver issues, and flashing takes less than a second. At least it does on the command line. I don’t mess with that hex file stuff.

I saw on the reddit post that there would be a QMK pcb available: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/95nq9c/lunar_aek_65_launching_this_week/e3uhing/

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 08:31:05 »
Alright, so I had planned to launch this week but my computer decided to brick itself and I have a backlog of work that is starting to pile up. On top of that, I'm organizing things with factories in China and don't really have a proper internet connection.

Launch will most likely be moved over to early next week or so, depending on when I can get a hold of a proper internet connection and an iso for Windows.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:26:19 »
Alright, so I had planned to launch this week but my computer decided to brick itself and I have a backlog of work that is starting to pile up. On top of that, I'm organizing things with factories in China and don't really have a proper internet connection.

Launch will most likely be moved over to early next week or so, depending on when I can get a hold of a proper internet connection and an iso for Windows.

Thanks for update :p would you be giving us an exact time/date next early next week?

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
Re: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - Launching next week (probably)
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 15:16:29 »
Bump, any particular day this week? just cautious because recently not always on with emails.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 09:31:44 »
Bump, any particular day this week? just cautious because recently not always on with emails.

Time and date will be announced once I get pricing up which should be sometime this week.

Not having internet for a week basically threw my schedule off the rails. I'll need to update all the projects that are currently running when I arrive back in the states and get everything cleaned up.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 16:31:43 »
Exciteddd :p

Also question ... is it limit to one per person?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 02:56:14 »

Not limited to one per person, but orders need to be placed separately. These will be packaged like SPFS (custom cut foam) so they will be shipped individually.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 05:05:30 »
Also might be worth noting, but final PCBs will be QMK as requested by a large number of people. PCBs will be fully assembled and not sold as blanks like in this pic. Soldermask will also be white and not green.

switchplate.co

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 06:57:55 »
Also might be worth noting, but final PCBs will be QMK as requested by a large number of people. PCBs will be fully assembled and not sold as blanks like in this pic. Soldermask will also be white and not green.

Show Image

Show Image

Noice  :thumb: looking forward to sale

Offline dallman5

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 07:59:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

That’s a clean PCB, damn
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 13:20:24 »

Not limited to one per person, but orders need to be placed separately. These will be packaged like SPFS (custom cut foam) so they will be shipped individually.

Can you clarify when is the exact start date/time? You've two different times in two different listings. Thanks!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 18:43:47 »
Can you clarify when is the exact start date/time? You've two different times in two different listings. Thanks!

He just sent an email out. The GB launches on Monday.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 August 2018, 18:46:12 by Iredeus »

Offline silversung

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 09:35:55 »
Any color sample for dark grey? All the render images and sample shots look like silver to me.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 10:24:22 »

Did they mention what time the drop will go live on Monday?  :eek:

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 11:15:35 »

Did they mention what time the drop will go live on Monday?  :eek:

12 pm pst

Offline typischt

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 19:05:12 »
Wasn‘t able to find it in the thread after a quick search and just to be sure: Keycaps from the AEK I are going to work as well, right? Don‘t see a difference in the layouts..

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 19:22:13 »
Wasn‘t able to find it in the thread after a quick search and just to be sure: Keycaps from the AEK I are going to work as well, right? Don‘t see a difference in the layouts..

yes
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 21:37:30 »
Any color sample for dark grey? All the render images and sample shots look like silver to me.

Those are the samples for grey. It's a medium/light grey, but the light messes with the color a little.

switchplate.co

Offline silversung

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 21:44:26 »

Those are the samples for grey. It's a medium/light grey, but the light messes with the color a little.

Ah, so it's not dark grey, but light grey. Ok, got it. Still can't decide between silver and grey. Both so beautiful and sexy...

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 05:01:32 »

Got any pics of that silver?  ;)

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - Launching Monday at 12:00pm
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 09:55:01 »
This thing is hot.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 10:55:26 »
Jumping on this even though I have no Alps switches or AEK caps, but the design and 7075 aluminium construction sold it for me.  :thumb:

Offline jophish

• my stupid website
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 14:10:01 »
Bought mine the moment it went online. Never participated in a group buy before, so I'm pretty excited. This is a beautiful board.

Offline silversung

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 14:23:45 »
Woke up in the middle of the night literally to get in on this. And I'm safely in. Excited!!!

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 20:04:03 »
And sold out!! Surprised it took this long to tbh  ;D

Offline typischt

[IC] Lunar AEK 65% - Launching Monday at 12:00pm
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 11:01:33 »
Did anyone already receive any email?
Hyped to more or less spontaniously have joined this GB!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 13:07:49 »

What email? The GB ended yesterday as all the slots filled up. Don't imagine there will be any updates too soon.... GB has a target ship date for Q1/Q2 of next year and production is just starting.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 20:21:31 »

What email? The GB ended yesterday as all the slots filled up. Don't imagine there will be any updates too soon.... GB has a target ship date for Q1/Q2 of next year and production is just starting.

Order confirmation, most likely. And yes, I did.

Offline jophish

• my stupid website
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 22:49:39 »
Has there been mention of the weight of the chassis/fully assembled board? I'd love to know how much it weighs fully assembled if that's a possibility.

Offline typischt

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 03:09:16 »

Yeah, order confirmation I received of course.
I was more refering to the email list you automatically get subscribed to according to the order site. I thought that maybe an email would go out in the style of „hey, GB has concluded, cool see ya!“. :)
So was not refering to a specific email and was just wondering, if anybody received something like that.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 18:20:55 »

I was more refering to the email list you automatically get subscribed to according to the order site. I thought that maybe an email would go out in the style of „hey, GB has concluded, cool see ya!“. :)
So was not refering to a specific email and was just wondering, if anybody received something like that.

I'll be sending one of those emails out soon (hopefully). Schedule has been getting really busy lately so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

switchplate.co

Offline typischt

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 08:24:39 »

I'll be sending one of those emails out soon (hopefully). Schedule has been getting really busy lately so I haven't gotten around to it yet.
No worries by the way, didn‘t mean to stress you, just wanted to check if such an email even already existed. :)

Offline Solotov

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 22:49:12 »
Will you do Lunar AEK TKL in the future? Please make it happen.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 13:54:11 »
Too bad I missed on this bad boy. Saw it on time but didn't have the money.

If it ever gets repeated, I'm in.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 17:51:42 »
Hey guys, any place to get GB updates? Does anyone know something new about this gorgeous board?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 04:53:01 »
Hey guys, any place to get GB updates? Does anyone know something new about this gorgeous board?

I'll try and send out GB updates soon. Just kinda swamped with life at the moment. Order's been placed and I'm waiting from an update from mfg atm.

switchplate.co

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 05:27:39 »

I'll try and send out GB updates soon. Just kinda swamped with life at the moment. Order's been placed and I'm waiting from an update from mfg atm.

HYPE!! This board got me into Alps switches... We need more endgame boards machined from 7075 alloy! :thumb:

Offline typischt

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 05:45:46 »

Thanks for the quick update! Deal with life first, then with keyboards! :) But just FYI, without wanting to stress you (!!):  Small updates like that are really appreciated from you, even if they don‘t contain a lot of information. This way, we know that things are moving!

What kind of ALPS are you guys planning on using? I have some SKCL greens, but not sure yet if I want to go with linears. I also got some Oranges on the way, pretty excited for those!