Author Topic: [IC] Swift65 - Poron Gasket mounted 65% Keyboard (GB LIVE)  (Read 44164 times)

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
Swift65 Interest Check

Hello Everybody, Some of the member may recognize us from cable making scene but we would like to expand further into mechanical keyboard since i (Alfred) am an enthusiast myself and i do enjoy all the time i had with my keyboards.

This project started as an idea of designing a decent gasket mounted keyboard design while offering a considerable price.

Information about the kit

Price: Starting at $235-265
Kit Comes with Case + Weight, Alu Plate, PCB, Carrying Case (Picture soon),
Extra M2.5 SS screws, Poron Gasket Strips (tabbed gasket with adhesive on one side) and rubber feet

Group Buy Date: 9th of January 2021 - 15th of Feb.

Link to GB

Specification

Mounting: Isolated Gasket mount (PORON single side adhesive tabs)
Typing Angle: 6 Degree
Adjusted Front Height 18.5mm
Mass: Total 1.5kg Unbuilt with Weight
Plates: Aluminum, Brass, Polycarbonate, More to come after IC
PCB: Solderable PCB, Hotswap PCB (ESD Protected) with QMK/Via Supported

Material Used: Aluminum 6063 (Sandblasted Anodize or E-Coated), Brass Weight (Sandblasted + Clear Coated)

Layout: ANSI, Tsangan, ISO for solder, Tsangan for Hotswap

Add-on
Extra PCB (Solder $40, Hotswap $45)
PCB, Case Foam ($8)
Extra Plate (Pricing will be updated soon)

Color Option: Anodized Black($235), E-White($250), Polycarbonate($265), 2 Monochrome tone (Top and Bottom Swap) ($240 & $245)

Status: Scroll down to first comments for Navy and Dark Purple Colors and latest update. Sending Dark Purple to Alexotos for built stream 

Gallery

Exploded View

Prototype Image Album: https://imgur.com/a/NTGkKvo

Why Gasket Mounted? It's because I enjoy gasket mounted keyboards, While Top mount and Sandwich is also my to-go. But still, must admit that Gasket mount is the most popular and go-to choice for almost every new beginner or enthusiast.

To-do List right now

1. Add POM & FR4 Plates
2. Sent out to Proji (Mr. Keeblook) for a built stream + Find another content creator to build them on stream.
3. Waiting for Third Prototype to come in and showcase Navy Blue and Dark Purple colorway

4. Sending Prototype units for Built stream. Alexotos at the end of Oct Built Stream!
5. Hopefully run a group buy (During October)
[/b] 

Designed By: Alfred And Steve P 2021

Big Thank You to Olivia, Owl, Jaekeyed for the permission for the keycaps <3

All Renders Done by jaekeyed

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 January 2022, 12:14:26 by swiftcables »

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
Re: [IC] Swift65 - Gasket mounted 65% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:54:08 »
Update

Current Status: ISO Added to the Plate, Prototype 3: Navy 533c and Dark Purple 2696c arrived and pictured. Alexotos built stream for experience at the end of October.

Prototype 1: Was exceptional but the acoustic and finishing on them is embarrassing to show.

Prototype 2 : Anodization and Machining Quality is Extremely well done. Will pretty much be the standard for the QC on Group Buy units.
Acoustically is decide, Still little vertical movement on the plate once fully assembled.

Full Link: https://imgur.com/a/NTGkKvo

Show Prototype Image
More

Typing Test
More

Projected Group Buy date will be End of August but if i'm still not happy with Prototype 3,
They will be pushed further into the next month. I would like to make the best effort into this project

Final Prototype: Came out perfect after many trials. Dark purple 2696c and Navy 533c

Disclaimer: It's very difficult to show 100% exact match between Pictures and Goods in real life. They are very precise on Pantone Uncoated Book. Nonetheless they are fairly accurate in the picture. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 October 2021, 07:10:52 by swiftcables »

Offline unknownh

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:56:31 »
wew another gasket 65%... joking aside, this will be decent if the price tag is kept . . .
edit: please, elaborate what "gasket" it is... there are so many gasket keyboards nowadays, is it o-ring gasket a la 356 mini? tabbed gasket like keycult? strip gasket like geon f1? put silicone everywhere gasket like rama?
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:58:19 by unknownh »

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline PixelBoba

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:06:11 »
Looks good! Also, a very nice price point.

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:10:43 »
wew another gasket 65%... joking aside, this will be decent if the price tag is kept . . .
edit: please, elaborate what "gasket" it is... there are so many gasket keyboards nowadays, is it o-ring gasket a la 356 mini? tabbed gasket like keycult? strip gasket like geon f1? put silicone everywhere gasket like rama?

That's indeed very true, My apologies. I will update them now.

It's Adhesive Poron gasket tabs

Offline unknownh

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:13:31 »

would be helpful to see an exploded view and a side profile too! aside from that very good board at a great price point !

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
Re: [IC] Swift65 - Poron Gasket mounted 65% Keyboard
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:17:18 »
Would love to see some side profile shots!

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:18:11 »

would be helpful to see an exploded view and a side profile too! aside from that very good board at a great price point !

no worries, Exploded view with Side profile will be update within a week.  :thumb:

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 14:22:38 »
More renders of other angles?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 16:32:23 »
Good price
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline TheJokar

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 00:07:55 »
Is there plans to have some sort of engraving, logo, or lettering on the brass weight, I think that would look really good otherwise looks great.

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 08:16:12 »
More renders of other angles?

Yes that will be updated in about 24 hours

Is there plans to have some sort of engraving, logo, or lettering on the brass weight, I think that would look really good otherwise looks great.

Yes i'm also considering that, At first i was working on multiple design of the weight but ended up not liking all of them. If blank weight it's looks like a lazy thinking but i do really like them personally, Another goal for this board is to not have any branding on the external design, I'm hoping back to the drawing board to add a few design for the weight and will be updated to the IC

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 14:54:47 »
The pricing is reasonable and I personally like the sepperation of the macros from the rest of the board while the arrows only get an small bumper between it and the rest of the keys (like most 65% do). I would probably get the e-white one

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 17:20:36 »
Looks a good value. GLWIC!
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
Added Exploded view and Side profile

Offline waynexu

• My website
Awesome board, can't wait for the GB!  :p

Offline balbin

Really like the design! If the price can be kept in that range it would be great!

I also might wanna see some design on the back weight, but at the same time I like the current clean look.

Offline RoyalOak88

Any plans on supporting ISO? Also do you have renders with the new Purple color?

Offline tonnu

does the pcb support underglow LEDs?

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
Really like the design! If the price can be kept in that range it would be great!

I also might wanna see some design on the back weight, but at the same time I like the current clean look.

Thank you so much for your interest in the project, I will be keeping a clean weight design for now. I've got a lot of mix opinion on it but I'm very happy with the current design of the weight.
Pricing are all finals, I don't really like to change the price ;)

does the pcb support underglow LEDs?

Both solder and hotswap will support Underglow RGB, See more picture of the LED spots in the prototype image album :)

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
Any plans on supporting ISO? Also do you have renders with the new Purple color?

Good news, I have added ISO to the pcb and the plates. Although, The prototype will not ISO layout in the pictures. But rest assured we got em!

Offline Therien

Great looking board - with ISO love  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 July 2021, 19:20:42 by Therien »

Offline chinchilla

Very nice concept. A pity that doesn't have ISO

Offline qnnoa

Re: [IC] Swift65 - Poron Gasket mounted 65% Keyboard (Prototype + Updates)
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 04:40:38 »
YES. I am in.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 05:32:55 »
Can't wait to see the Dark Purple case! Also the price is very nice. Might be my first GB board :D

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 12:51:08 »
Very nice concept. A pity that doesn't have ISO

Added ISO since there's overwhelming request for it, Please note #3 prototype will not have ISO compatible Plates or PCB but production units will.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 13:05:55 »
Have you thought about an engraving on the brass weight?

Offline knowtato

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 22:25:59 »
Have you guys tried experimenting with making the left and right bezels the same length as the top? or just having slightly larger bezels and more rounded corners in general?

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 03:25:08 »
Have you thought about an engraving on the brass weight?

Apologies for the late response, Been busy lately. I've tried multiple attempts at engraving or weight design. Given the position and size of the weight, many designs were dropped since i do not like that all that much. I will be sticking with this current blank design but will add small chamfers to the edge to give a "Dynamic" look.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 13:03:46 »
Just saw the Dark Purple case prototype on Discord. Love the color! Can't wait for the sound test, and might as well do a flex test at the end of the video.

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 22:34:14 »
Love the clean design!  This is looking great, especially at this price point!  Will be keeping an eye on this!

Offline zestynorsegod

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 23:03:39 »
Definitely watching this board! I love the design and would love to grab one once it's available.

Offline zachgibson

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 13:50:00 »
Will the monochrome combo also work with poly? e.g. Alu top with poly bottom.

Offline phatmasterq

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 21:35:45 »
liking this very much, especially at that price point. At some point can you please give some indication of what the navy blue and dark purple will look like? even pantones or something. keep up great work.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 05:09:36 »
liking this very much, especially at that price point. At some point can you please give some indication of what the navy blue and dark purple will look like? even pantones or something. keep up great work.

They posted an update in the Discord server. The pantones will be 533C and 2696C.
Alfred also posted this image:

Offline swiftcables

• Swiftcables.net
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 17 October 2021, 07:20:21 »
Post has been updated. My apologies for the late reply. I've been very busy with other stuff but everything is starting to move now and we are looking at end of October or beginning of November for Group buy.

Will the monochrome combo also work with poly? e.g. Alu top with poly bottom.
For this first group buy i am still considering about the customization of the case. I will have to double check with the manufacturer again regarding this and if they are possible. If so then yes top and bottom case can be any color and materials.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
Re: [IC] Swift65 - Poron Gasket mounted 65% Keyboard (GB LIVE)
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 09:28:22 »
because it is a two part board with weight and hotswap and many options and a low price - have you considered freight cost from the factory to you and import tax/duty of all parts not produced in Thailand? have you also considered corp income taxes and other payments and if they can be deferred until shipment? have you calculated in payment processor fees for international buyers? do you have storage and assembly space for all boards and parts when they are delivered? have you made sure the CNC machines are not stored inside a top secret government facility?
Just checking off those boxes - a lot of times in the past some of those points were issues with fair priced board GBs.
(not meant to be rude, just trying to make you aware of some things that were overlooked by a few people in the past :thumb:)

(dont forget about split space, a lot of 60% users like that)

^ « Last Edit: Wed, 12 January 2022, 09:56:39 by homerowco »

I guess the GB is now live with no answers to my questions - good luck whoever buys!
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 10:19:22 by homerowco »