Author Topic: MrBishop Builds an ErgoDox mod  (Read 12455 times)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
MrBishop Builds an ErgoDox mod
« on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:18:05 »
So i have kind of had my eye on the ErgoDox for awhile. One day a customer of mine approached me about building one. happy happy happy!

you all know the song and dance. i'll try to include resources as i can. but many can be googled just like i did.
ergodox.org
digikey
mechanicalkeyboards.com
github - ergodox offical case (i started here and modified)

here we go!

electronics. pretty basic. nothing really fancy here with the exception that i made the USB mini connector by hand soldering the connector i bought from Digikey (pain in the butt let me tell you)
133905-0
133907-1
133909-2
133911-3

case design is abit different than the standard layered case. 3 pieces instead of 5 with the acrylic mid plate hidden inside the wooden outer frame. optimized for CNC machining.

i'm waiting on the customers final decision but this is the basic design so far.

133913-4
133915-5
133917-6
133919-7
133921-8
133923-9
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
Re: MrBishop Builds an ErgoDox mod
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:18:29 »
reserved
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 17:32:48 »
prototype progress

forgive the cracked material. laminate board is horrible to work with especially the really cheap stuff. but its great for prototyping ;D
Projects

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 17:48:07 »

One day a customer of mine approached me about building one.

The best!

Now you can build a prototype to ship out and learn all the pitfalls to avoid when you build your own!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 18:26:58 »

One day a customer of mine approached me about building one.

The best!

Now you can build a prototype to ship out and learn all the pitfalls to avoid when you build your own!

indeed. and i'll get the opportunity to test drive this thing to see if i even like it.

its also allowing me the opportunity to develop a case i can market.

how pretty would a solid wood ergodox frame be ;)
Projects