Author Topic: Acer KB-101 Blue Alps : The Price O.O  (Read 3662 times)

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
Acer KB-101 Blue Alps : The Price O.O
« on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:36:00 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:55:40 by frogthejam19 »
"All is Well"

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Acer KB-101 Blue Alps : The Price O.O
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:39:14 »
link

just a matter of fat fingering it. meant to be 65.00

/s

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:55:51 »
link

just a matter of fat fingering it. meant to be 65.00

/s

:)) :)) :))
"All is Well"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:38:03 »
I still wouldn't sell mine even at that price :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 16:50:22 »
Thing is, if some bored wealthy person buys it, everyone will think they're worth that much now. This is how hysteria reaches such huge proportions—yes, even in the normally sedate, geeky KB world.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 16:52:20 »
Thing is, if some bored wealthy person buys it, everyone will think they're worth that much now. This is how hysteria reaches such huge proportions—yes, even in the normally sedate, geeky KB world.

Lol...welcome to 2016. Already been happening with plenty of other keyboard and keyboard-related accessories.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:12:25 »
Indeed, I'm looking forward to trading my KB-101A for a private island in a few years. Don't worry, though, I'll still log on here—satellite Internet will be part of the deal.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:25:28 »
Thing is, if some bored wealthy person buys it, everyone will think they're worth that much now.
If they do, they ARE worth that :p .

Everything's worth whatever a fool is willing to give for it :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 01:47:49 »
Indeed, it's an actual principle of economics, called the Greater Fool Theory. As the Wikipedia article says:

The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price. In other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later.

Many hysterical, product-driven "booms" have occurred through the centuries. One of the most famous is the Tulip Mania of 16th century Holland. Some new tulip varieties were introduced with variegated colours. They were so popular, a huge demand arose that outstripped supply, and soon the prices of these bulbs—and eventually, of all sorts of tulips—reached astronomical levels. At one point a single tulip bulb was worth 10 times a skilled worker's yearly earnings. Thousands of people invested money in the tulip market, believing prices would rise indefinitely. When reality caught up and the market crashed, many people were left destitute.

It shows you that this can happen with just about anything.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 08:00:28 »
On the other hand, if I had the kind of money that these things cost, I would consider a good-condition, rare, straight-ANSI blue Alps keyboard to be worth considerably more than a brand-new Realforce Topre keyboard made in a factory yesterday.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"