Author Topic: (IC) ePBT ALLFATHER - VENDOR CHANGE  (Read 10063 times)

Offline boneandbee

(IC) ePBT ALLFATHER - VENDOR CHANGE
« on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:24:09 »

ODIN AND THE VENDOR CHANGE UP:
After careful reflection, based on community feedback, I have decided to change the direction of the sets to be ePBT instead of IFK. The goal of creating these sets is to bring something to market that people want, and the vast majority of feedback I’ve received was to step away from the IFK profile due to quality issues. I have decided to go the route of ePBT, as they are actively working on updated molds to address past production issues. New orders are currently paused to ensure the positive outcome of this update, and I will ensure that the community is happy with the quality of their sets before adding Allfather to the queue.

Other changes due to this vendor update:
- Kitting will change - new interest form will be added to this IC shortly to gather feedback once basic kitting is established.

- Different rune sub legends will be added - will be entirely Elder Futhark and my own design rather than a predetermined template. I will also be adding feedback for the “Q” key to the interest check form.

- Full renders instead of prototype photos will be added to the IC

VENDORS:
USA: ThocKeys https://thockeys.com/

WHO THE HECK IS THIS ODIN GUY?
Odin, who had hundreds of names, was also known as the Allfather of the Norse pantheon, and was the wisest of all the gods. He was the god of healing, war and battle, death, magic and sorcery, knowledge, philosophy, poetry, esoteric wisdom, and the Runes. He frequently traveled throughout the land and is often represented by several key icons: his spear Gungnir, his two ravens and informants Huginn (“Thought”) and Muninn (“Memory”), the wolves Freki and Geri (“The Greedy One”), and his eight-legged horse Sleipnir. Additionally, of the Elder Futhark Runes, Othala is the one associated with Odin. Othala literally means “Homeland” and esoterically means “Inheritance,” much of the time referring to ancestral spiritual power.

OTHALA & GIVING BACK:
When I contemplate the meaning of Othala and how it relates to the Allfather and modern day life, I consider what it means to be an ancestor and the importance of inheritance. How would he feel about the current treatment of his beloved earth and ancient knowledge, which we humans inherited from him?
In order to become a better ancestor and to pass a better version of this world onto the future generations, I will be donating a portion of the proceeds from this set to the Environmental Defense Fund. EDF is a US-based nonpartisan, non-profit environmental advocacy group. Learn more about this organization at this link: https://www.edf.org/

COLOR INSPIRATION:
Dark, moody, endless winter skies bereft of sun, freshly churned earth under horse hooves, dusty travel clothes, looming mountain ranges, greedy grey wolves, chatty black ravens, pipe smoke, iron weapons, badass Viking metal album covers.

*please note that the screen colors are very different from the Pantone swatches. I will be adding photographs of the actual swatches shortly.

I thank you for your interest and your valuable feedback, and may Odin smile upon you!

KITS

DESK MATS

FEEDBACK FORM:
New form will be added soon!

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:30:01 by boneandbee »

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
Re: (IC) IFK ALLFATHER
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:33:04 »
reserved

2021 year of viking subs
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:35:05 by Bub »

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:34:30 »
reserved
Is it possible to un-reserve

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:37:39 »
Listen to this while you read this IC.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:44:13 »
I’m actually really into your color descriptions. Makes me want to get out and take a trip to Northern Europe (if that is ever possible again  :(
I kinda love this set especially the novelties!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:46:58 »
reserved

anything for the right price...

but for some real feedback, OP please consider board and kiting renders so your audience can see how the colors play off each other. i'm not familiar with IFK moq requirements, but it seems weird to have NumPad (and iSO really..) in extension kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:49:07 by Bub »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:54:44 »
not a fan of the forced mod colour ukiso backtick key but it would probably get manufactured in alpha colour anyways

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 15:35:45 »
Consider a bars kit with all the bars, and I don't really feel like paying for extension and iso while I only want a numpad, just but it all in base or smth

Offline kure_

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 15:45:15 »
interesting set  :thumb:

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 16:45:18 »

Me and the bois going to kill some Romans
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:00:13 »
Any chance of a norde kit? being able to use this theme on a nordic layout would be pretty sweet :thumb:

Like the colours but as others have said, kitting is kind of strange and I'm not sure I'm a fan of it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:12:48 by Faehriss »
church of the POM keeb

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:22:42 »
IFK is the manufacturer?

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 11:34:35 »
That is the bluest "black" in the history of color

Nice set. I need to see some renders, but i might be interested.

Offline eczactly

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:04:01 »
IFK is the manufacturer?

IFK a.k.a InfiniKey, exclusively through TheKeyCompany.

Offline misononyan

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:30:19 »
i mean, it's an interesting concept, but renders would really help sell this idea so much better

also be vigilant on your colors please ifk is known for matching issues lol

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:12:03 »
reserved

2021 year of viking subs

Thanks! And I know, right? I was working on these sets for the series before I saw any of the others, and have already bought a few myself! I'm going to have a huge personal Viking key set collection after this year haha

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:15:57 »

YES!!! A lot of Heilung, Wardruna, Amon Amarth, Myrkur, Sowulo, etc was listened to while I was creating this set. Probably should post a curated playlist haha

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:30:01 »
reserved

anything for the right price...

but for some real feedback, OP please consider board and kiting renders so your audience can see how the colors play off each other. i'm not familiar with IFK moq requirements, but it seems weird to have NumPad (and iSO really..) in extension kit.

I'll have physical pictures this month on boards, etc. I wanted to stay away from renders specifically bc there have been color matching issues lately so everyone can compare to physically swatches (i will post photos of those too) rather than render colors since renders can sometimes show inaccurate colors. I want to show colors as true as possible and manage expectations as best as I can.

Also, the kitting is based off of IFK Vanir (Sentry's first set in the series which already ran - check it out, it's beautiful). I'm going to post a questionnaire to get some feedback so i can share that with Sentry, but the kitting was created to keep the base kit to as low of a price point as possible for everyone. I just did a GMK set with a huge base kit and there was negative feedback on the pricing for that (and truthfully I was advised against it from some veterans). I'm trying to find the best possible option for as many people as possible. Personally my daily driver has a num pad and I don't have any issues with buying additional kits to support it bc i know I'm in the minority of users in the community. I know not everyone feels that way, though, so I'm trying to come up with the best option.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:33:07 »
I’m actually really into your color descriptions. Makes me want to get out and take a trip to Northern Europe (if that is ever possible again  :(
I kinda love this set especially the novelties!

Thank you so much!!! That's exactly what i was feeling when i created this! Was listening to a ton of Viking metal and spent a lot of time doing the digital landscape painting from the header/desk mat this winter when it was snowy outside and dreaming of travel

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:34:17 »

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:39:05 »
That is the bluest "black" in the history of color

Nice set. I need to see some renders, but i might be interested.
I know, the screen colors are super weird. Pantone/Adobe shifted that recently where the screen doesn't reflect the true color, that's why i noted it under the swatches. It's actually a lot closer to a real black. I will be posting photos of the physical Pantone swatches, I just need to be free during daylight to be able to get the real color.

Also will be posting photos of physical protos instead of renders! I want to have real comparisons of the colors for everyone rather than just renders since I know the render colors aren't always the truest and I know they had color matching issues in the past.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:40:49 »
i mean, it's an interesting concept, but renders would really help sell this idea so much better

also be vigilant on your colors please ifk is known for matching issues lol

Photos of physical prototypes on boards will be forthcoming!

And absolutely! That's why I want to have physical comparisons of the Pantone chips vs the physical protos  so it can be IRL color.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 10:49:08 »
Consider a bars kit with all the bars, and I don't really feel like paying for extension and iso while I only want a numpad, just but it all in base or smth

Hi! So the idea of putting ISO and Num pad together in a kit is bc neither of them will make MOQ on their own and we're trying to keep the base kit super affordable. The kitting is based off of IFK Vanir (Sentry's first set in the Norse series) which did well. Believe me, i understand the num pad lament - i am a num pad user as well. It's nice to get it in a base kit. But if you add that, you gotta add ISO to make it all fair and suddenly your base becomes unaffordable. I just went through this with a GMK set that had a huge base kit and got some negative feedback on the base pricing and size. So i'm trying to find the formula that works. But I'll be posting a questionnaire to get some feedback so I can share with Sentry.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 11:02:58 »
Please consider adding a 1u R3 pipe key to the ISO kit so it can also support ISO-US.

Offline Joojeh

Re: (IC) IFK ALLFATHER - FEEDBACK FORM ADDED
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:02:48 »
Oh God look at those ****ing deskmats, absolutely beautiful

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:34:34 »
Oh God look at those ****ing deskmats, absolutely beautiful
Thank you!! I have so much fun creating them.

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 06:13:40 »
So I responded in the IFK Freya thread but I figured I'd comment here too.

As far as I can tell you're using mostly elder Futhark. Given that I'd say the following runes aren't right:
F: the rune used is from younger Futhark instead of elder Futhark
Q:  is pronounced as a K but has the rune for a "ng" sound instead.
U: looks more like younger Futhark than elder, probably for aesthetic reasons?
V: has been given the rune for younger Futhark U. Should have the same rune as W

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 11:35:59 »
So I responded in the IFK Freya thread but I figured I'd comment here too.

As far as I can tell you're using mostly elder Futhark. Given that I'd say the following runes aren't right:
F: the rune used is from younger Futhark instead of elder Futhark
Q:  is pronounced as a K but has the rune for a "ng" sound instead.
U: looks more like younger Futhark than elder, probably for aesthetic reasons?
V: has been given the rune for younger Futhark U. Should have the same rune as W

I definitely appreciate the feedback! It was actually super helpful since I believe the original sub legends were created with aesthetic more in mind, but I think it makes sense to keep it more true to Elder. I posted in Freyja as well but want to make sure it's noted here too: I will be reworking the runes a bit to stay consistent with Elder Futhark. My prototype just won't have the adjusted sub legends as it is currently being prototyped, so I will need to have renders done to show the changes.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 15:40:57 »

Thanks Elmo! - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your recommendation ;)

Offline thethatthem

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 01:16:18 »
I like this and am interested to see the prototypes.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 15:27:08 »
Shame about the Latin legends.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 17:52:50 »

Jesus. That really pissed my dog off. Sounds like the sounds old pipes make when there's something wrong with the plumbing.... Really wrong. 

Offline Havattack

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 17:54:27 »
Really isn't a worthwhile IC without any renders.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 10:27:10 »
Really isn't a worthwhile IC without any renders.
Based on feedback I'm revising the rune sublegends and will then have renders done for that since the prototypes won't include them. Tbh i thought people would appreciate seeing real prototypes of the real colors instead of fake renders of similar (but not exact) colors, especially due to Key Co's recent color matching issues. ICs are all about feedback, and one of my questions in the form was if people still wanted to see renders even if prototypes are being done... and the overwhelming response was that they do! So renders are forthcoming, just hang tight!  :D

Offline svshikun

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 11:49:59 »
I would like to see this being produced looks like a cool concept

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) ePBT ALLFATHER - VENDOR CHANGE
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:31:35 »
BIG CHANGE!

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 11:54:29 »
Happy to see this change! Looking forward to seeing those renders and hope this manu change leads to more buyer friendly international kitting :thumb:
church of the POM keeb

Offline Techdude594

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 16:42:13 »
Great to see a vendor change! Absolutely considering this set!