Author Topic: [SOLD] Apple Alps Salmon Board: M0116 USB Converted Free Shipping  (Read 2285 times)

Offline ezrahilyer

[SOLD] Apple Alps Salmon Board: M0116 USB Converted Free Shipping
« on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 11:27:53 »
I just did this one today: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-M0116-Keyboard-Usb-Converted-Modernized-Restored-Alps-Salmon-Mechanical-/331417416540?

It has an internal HASUs converter, and a USB/B connector so its ready to go.
eBay price is $99 with free shipping, but I will knock the price down $19 to $80 with free shipping if you want a Geek-hack deal. Just PM me and I will sell it directly.

This board has 'Control' in the right place, and those Salmon Alps feel great.

(free shipping is for US orders only, actual shipping cost -$10 elsewhere)
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 December 2014, 05:08:23 by ezrahilyer »

Offline kalrand

Re: Apple Alps Salmon Board: M0116 USB Converted Free Shipping
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:59:09 »

This board has 'Control' in the right place

Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually likes the control/capslock switches in the place they are on modern keyboards.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 16:39:25 »
I wish Control and Alt were next to each other.

What is that big key at the top? Power? Isn't that dangerous?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kalrand

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:46:38 »

Are you planning on accidentally skipping over the number row and smashing into the button above that?

I mean, if you're in an earthquake, yea, maybe...
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 02:44:23 »
First, there’s no Alt key at all, that’s the 'option' key. But second, since 'control' is clearly in the correct spot,  I can only assume you want to replace the tab key with an Alt/option key. Seems like a silly idea to me. :P

My parents extensively used one of these keyboards with a Mac SE computer from ~1989 until ~2005, and I don’t think I ever heard of someone accidentally pressing that key and thereby causing any problem. Many early Macs had a physical switch on the back of the computer for turning them on/off. I think that keyboard button maybe would bring up a dialog which, when accepted, would clean up the operating system so it would be ready for the power switch in back to be flipped? (The same effect could alternately be achieved with the mouse through a menu option.) I don’t think pressing that button by itself did anything unrecoverable, but it’s also not easy to accidentally press.

When converting a keyboard like this to USB using hasu’s firmware, I personally think that the ` and \ keys are in super great spots to be appropriated as some kind of option/alt key and some kind of function key, respectively (the keys labeled 'caps lock' and 'option' are in inconvenient spots and I just ignore them altogether).
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 December 2014, 02:59:02 by jacobolus »

Offline ezrahilyer

Re: [SOLD] Apple Alps Salmon Board: M0116 USB Converted Free Shipping
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 05:16:44 »
And its gone. :-)