Author Topic: [SOLD] Apple M0110 USB Converted T Mount Cream ALPs  (Read 3639 times)

Offline ezrahilyer

[SOLD] Apple M0110 USB Converted T Mount Cream ALPs
« on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:27:52 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-M0110-Keyboard-USB-Converted-Alps-T-Mount-Cream-Switches-Mechanical-/331419306289

Converted to USB with HASUs M0110 to USB Code, running on an Atmega 32u4 dev board.

I have it on eBay for $99 with free shipping but I will knock off $10 for any member here if you PM me and buy it directly.

I will give free shipping to anyone in the USA, and discount actual shipping by $10 for anyone else.

This board has stiff switches, I was a little surprised how stiff, I don't know if they are all like this, or maybe this one was never used much, but I just thought I should mention that.

-Ezra
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 December 2014, 14:49:35 by ezrahilyer »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Apple M0110 USB Converted T Mount Cream ALPs
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:29:25 »
Man this is really tempting....but I gotta quit buying keyboards!

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:37:36 »

Lol maybe I need to open a rehab center for keyboard addicts.
Nothing but a diet of rubber domes and crayons for 6 weeks, along with speakers every evening on the merits of touchscreen interfaces.

-Ezra

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:41:40 »
My tastes are forever evolving; maybe a year or two ago this would have appealed to me.  Today I'd get a big woody if someone started converting IBM Thinkpad notebook keyboards into USB.

IBM/Lenovo came out with USB versions of these but they do not feel the same to me. :(

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:51:25 »
My tastes are forever evolving; maybe a year or two ago this would have appealed to me.  Today I'd get a big woody if someone started converting IBM Thinkpad notebook keyboards into USB.

IBM/Lenovo came out with USB versions of these but they do not feel the same to me. :(

You show me the exact model you want, I will make a case for it, and convert it for you. I can do USB or even bluetooth if your pockets are deep enough. :-)
PM me with what you want and I will get you a quote.

-Ezra

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 20:52:50 »
Damn, wish I had seen this before I got deep into my own mod :))
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 22:09:19 »
Damn, wish I had seen this before I got deep into my own mod :))

Lol, funny how that always seems to happen. :-)

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 19:10:41 »
Very clean-looking keyboard! Can you compare the stiffness of the switches versus some other mechanical keyboards you've used before?

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 20:18:47 »
Very clean-looking keyboard! Can you compare the stiffness of the switches versus some other mechanical keyboards you've used before?

I would put it between a stiff Model M, and a light Model M.

I don't know if you have used many model Ms, but there is a clear difference between certain models. The older ones (silver label mostly) have a very precise and medium-light action, then you have some (not all) of the later ones with a heavy actuation. I love the feel of the lighter touch Model Ms, and I dislike the heavy ones.
I would put the actuation of this M0110 in between those Model M springs. I have a Made-In-Japan M0110A with Mitsumi switches and the Mitsumi switches are significantly lighter than this M1010. 

I also have another M1010 that I haven't converted yet, and I feel that it is also lighter than this one (though not by much) The only difference I can see between this M0110 and the other M0110 is that one has 2 rows of drainage holes on the bottom, and the other has only one row.

I need to get a scale so I can measure the key weight more accurately...

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 20:21:27 »
I do have a Model M, so I can imagine the force - probably not something I would enjoy typing on. I don't have much use for that layout either since I don't use Apple computers, but it's a beautiful compact keyboard regardless!

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 20:37:12 »
I do have a Model M, so I can imagine the force - probably not something I would enjoy typing on. I don't have much use for that layout either since I don't use Apple computers, but it's a beautiful compact keyboard regardless!

I bought two of the M0110s because I figured I would convert one and keep one, but I didn't like the heaviness of the switches so unless I switch out the springs like DT user: lowpoly did. http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/the-apple-m0110-today-t1067.html he took out the original springs (about 61g and replaced them with 40g springs out of another Kb) I wouldn't enjoy typing on it.

As I mentioned I have a M0110A (has a ten-key-pad) that has Mitsumi switches with a much lighter touch, if it felt like that after switching springs then it really would be a pleasure to type on.

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 December 2014, 20:48:57 by ezrahilyer »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 22:58:26 »

Nothing but a diet of rubber domes and crayons for 6 weeks, along with speakers every evening on the merits of touchscreen interfaces.

-Ezra

If you have kids, you should discover that crayons, color pencils and touchscreens are very popular with them.

Not exactly sure if the next generation will appreciate what we have anymore.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 07:28:17 »

-Ezra

If you have kids, you should discover that crayons, color pencils and touchscreens are very popular with them.

Not exactly sure if the next generation will appreciate what we have anymore.
My kids thoroughly enjoy messing with mechanical keyboards.

They like helping remove and replace key caps, clicking keys, sorting caps etc.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 07:40:02 »
Oh yes, I recognize part of that as well/ that's why I don't have any complete set of buckling spring keycaps. Kids just love pulling the keycaps off and using the keycaps in their building blocks, sandpits, bathtub and what not.

Doesn't seem to work for Cherry MX though, fortunately. Probably because these are much harder to pull off.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 10:03:13 »
Here is my QC, she makes sure they my Model M restorations pass the click clack test.

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 December 2014, 10:07:38 by ezrahilyer »

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 14:49:15 »
Sold