Author Topic: LightSaver V2 Group Buy  (Read 374790 times)

Offline cultofjosh

Re: LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 12:59:10 »

Dear God, you read lifehack? A "blog" that lists the Logitech MKB as the "best" desktop keyboard ahead of other MKBs, and lists the Razer as the "best" mechanical keyboard?

Excellent! Requesting mod intervention on this.

Heh, I met this dude once who knows what the internet is and he agreed with me so.....

But yeah, at this point this has firmly moved into the realm of thread crapping. It's an excellent conversation to have. In a different thread in a different section of this site.

The article itself doesn't speak in absolutes. It says IF the angle is too great, and it makes no attempts to define that angle.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #651 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 16:02:01 »
Elton, do you think there will be a chance of another group buy for these in the not-to-distant future?  Or, is Duck focusing on other new boards? 

Offline cyberwave

« Reply #652 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 08:39:56 »
Elton, do you think there will be a chance of another group buy for these in the not-to-distant future?  Or, is Duck focusing on other new boards?

^ i wouldn't miss it again if there's V3 (Round 3)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #653 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 15:09:11 »

^ i wouldn't miss it again if there's V3 (Round 3)

Let's start the quote chain of people who want a v3!  ;D
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #654 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 17:20:03 »

I somehow doubt it, with the Viper/Eagle GB starting immediately after the v2 ships, and then maybe duck/TC will want to produce that 75% keyboard they're currently brainstorming on.

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #655 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:36:43 »
So I just got around to taking a close look at my lightsaver parts, considering different layouts, and I notice that the acrylic version of the plate has fewer layout options than the tray-style plate I've seen posted by Photoelectric and others. What it means is that I cannot use a 6.25x spacebar, left winkey, FN, etc. The only option I have is a 7x space, ctrl and alt on the left. What I cant figure out is why the acrylic version has these differences beyond the extra tabs that secure it between layers of acrylic. I was made aware of the extra tabs, though not the limited layout options, when Elton PM'd me about my options. I'm guessing he didn't know. Really wishing I had just taken the tray version of the plate. I was pretty excited to start assembling today but now I'm just disappointed.

My only options as I see it would be to modify the plate or not used it at all which I don't really want to consider. Modifying the plate would require a drawing of the tray version of the plate as I don't want to end up with sloppy cutouts. But it's plausible since my background is in metalworking/machining. Does anyone have any thoughts short of waiting for the V3 GB?

So sad guys :'(

70708-0
70710-1

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #656 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:49:07 »
acrylic version and tray-style version of the plate? Oh wait, did i miss something?? does that mean the new version of the plate only works on acrylic case?!!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #657 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:52:54 »
I think I said that the separate plate orders would only include the "new plate" option which only uses 1.5 1.5 7x 1.5 1.5 1 1 layout.  The "original plate" would include the V1 layouts.

I don't think the acrylic or tray style plate would make any difference in the layout.  The acrylic version has the tabs outside the plate like shown in that picture
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:55:12 by elton5354 »

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #658 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:55:41 »
No. I was given the option between the tray and the acrylic versions by Elton before shipping. Since I don't have the aluminium case I opted for the acrylic version unaware of its limited layout options.

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #659 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:59:57 »
Hmm I suppose you did. Any idea why Duck decided the "new plate" would have fewer options?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #660 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:01:45 »
The option was given to those who only ordered separate PCBs and plates since they don't have a case, they were given a choice. However, acrylic or case version did not make the layout limited.  It was because there was only one choice of layout with this order; the new plate layout option.

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #661 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:01:55 »
I'm not including assembly option for PCB only orders.  The plate is for the new layout (1800).  Will have the same shipping date as the rest of this group buy. 

The PCB + plate sits on top of the stand offs.

Yeah, found it, elton said it here

Offline elton5354

« Reply #662 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:05:14 »
Hmm I suppose you did. Any idea why Duck decided the "new plate" would have fewer options?

I'm guessing they couldn't implement that arrow cluster that the 1800 layout has with the current plate design

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #663 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:33:24 »

I'm guessing they couldn't implement that arrow cluster that the 1800 layout has with the current plate design

Makes sense now that I'm looking at it. The 1800 layout is not bad at all so I'll just find a way to make this work.  ;D

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #664 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 07:12:33 »
looks like a very nice keyboard, gonna post some NIB Model M's on ebay this week in order to gather some dinero for V3
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Crabby_b

« Reply #665 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:25:36 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=209&mid=board_housing

Some acrylic housing for the L V2

For the people who want the DWG for the Acrylic Housing.

Is anyone able to view this at the proper size? I am trying to have a case made and the size of the layout fits on a 8.5x11 sheet, which is not right.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #666 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 01:59:06 »
Is anyone making that little acrylic thing for the bottom LEDs?

Offline kle5635

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:17:18 »
So when do you guys estimate to start the Viper/Eagle GB? in other words, when will you finish shipping all the V2?

Offline quaxar

« Reply #668 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:20:10 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=209&mid=board_housing

Some acrylic housing for the L V2

For the people who want the DWG for the Acrylic Housing.

Is anyone able to view this at the proper size? I am trying to have a case made and the size of the layout fits on a 8.5x11 sheet, which is not right.

Measuring the frames in DWG True View gives me 363 mm for the plate and 377mm for the other parts of the case, wich is around 14 inches, I only measure and view CAD's professionally so I can only say that it looks like the right dimensions, maybe you are plotting it incorrectly like its a blueprint to print on paper instead of its actual size?

Offline Crabby_b

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:31:41 »
I think that is the issue. The place that I sent it to wanted me to convert it to .ai so he could us it in Illustrator..

Turns out I am an idiot, I just needed to create the artboard the proper size in Illustrator.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:01:33 by Crabby_b »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:09:16 »
Also curious about this, I would definitely buy a pair if someone does a small order.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #671 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:08:21 »
deleted, no reason to go there
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:19:14 by ninjadoc »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #672 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:12:47 »
Also curious about this, I would definitely buy a pair if someone does a small order.

I'd be interested as well!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:34:58 by trizkut »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #673 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:18:57 »
If you guys want, I could talk to ACC about doing a small run. I talked with them earlier about doing some
personal work for plates... Shawn (the contact from ACC) his brother runs a water jet acrylic cutting place too. I showed
him some GON style cases and he says it wouldn't be a problem to try it out. I don't know if they would look as good, but
might be worth a shot?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:20:31 »

It was dead until you decided to go and revive it.

I killed it!
I was debating if there was any benefit and the answer was a big "no".

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #675 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:55:12 »
If you guys want, I could talk to ACC about doing a small run. I talked with them earlier about doing some
personal work for plates... Shawn (the contact from ACC) his brother runs a water jet acrylic cutting place too. I showed
him some GON style cases and he says it wouldn't be a problem to try it out. I don't know if they would look as good, but
might be worth a shot?
I'd be interested in buying into one for the duck viper/eagle (theyre different size) depending on the price.  Also would be interested in both a clear and I guess frosted(not sure if that is the term) acrylic sides as shown http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_housing&document_srl=502 .
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:59:18 »
Yeah, those frosted ones look great.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 21:25:44 »
+1 here for the frosted version. I might be in another country but I'd be damned if I don't buy into this for an endgame board.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #678 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 23:56:16 »
hmmmmm, curious how dark frosted acrylic would look like...

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 01:04:23 »
might be worth a shot?
If we get through, may I get some pieces for the lightsaver V1 as well as the Eagle/Viper? That would be awesome. :thumb:

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:17:51 »
I would be interested in the acrylic sides too if it's possible the get them for the light pad

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:18:10 »
Hey Elton, just a quick question. Are they still in the process of production of lightsaver sets?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #682 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:52:57 »
Last update I got from TC was that they were testing each PCB before shipping. There seemed to be some defects with some PCBs so they are trying to fix it right before shipping them. Otherwise they are ready to ship.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #683 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 11:42:16 »
Last update I got from TC was that they were testing each PCB before shipping. There seemed to be some defects with some PCBs so they are trying to fix it right before shipping them. Otherwise they are ready to ship.

Does this include the assembled v2's?
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline elton5354

« Reply #684 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 08:31:33 »
Not so great news. Their agency that does the assembly is taking longer than expected. I've got an update it will take up to end of August for assembled sets to ship....if anyone wants a refund on it, let me know.

The rest were shipped today and will have the tracking soon.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #685 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 08:40:04 »
Not so great news. Their agency that does the assembly is taking longer than expected. I've got an update it will take up to end of August for assembled sets to ship....if anyone wants a refund on it, let me know.

Does that mean GB for Viper will also be delayed?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #686 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 08:48:59 »

I can wait. It will be quicker than some other group buys.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #687 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:29:40 »

I'll assemble one board for free if someone wants to spend the money on double shipping instead (to me, and then to you when I finish).
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #688 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:31:21 »

I'll assemble one board for free if someone wants to spend the money on double shipping instead (to me, and then to you when I finish).

Nice guy  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #689 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 10:09:52 »

Elton,

Do you know if they will ship the assembled units as they are built or will they ship all at once? I'll wait either way, just curious. Thanks for the update :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #690 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 12:26:06 »

Does that mean the Kingsavers are delayed until then?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #691 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:28:13 »
I think they will ship it together. It might be earlier than end of August.

He will have the leftovers shipped before the assembled sets. He said soon so maybe a week.

I'll start the viper/eagle soon as well. No assembly option this time.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #692 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:54:04 »
I'll start the viper/eagle soon as well.

Oh baby.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #693 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 14:33:22 »
He will have the leftovers shipped before the assembled sets. He said soon so maybe a week.

Sweet!
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #694 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 18:44:05 »
Aww, man 6 weeks until I see my lightsaver. The struggle is real!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #695 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 18:44:45 »

:'(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #696 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 19:05:56 »

That's how I feel about my Kingsaver.  So many Alps wanting to be used.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #697 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 19:57:28 »
Tracking #s has been posted on the spreadsheet for those unassembled sets.

Sorry again for the delay for assembled sets.  For that reason, no more assembly in the future.

Offline bianco

« Reply #698 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 20:26:25 »
Tracking #s has been posted on the spreadsheet for those unassembled sets.

Sorry again for the delay for assembled sets.  For that reason, no more assembly in the future.

thank you Elton!  :thumb:
looking forward to receiving the kits!

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #699 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 21:31:39 »

Oh damn son, I can't wait for that buy to open its doors =D
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit