Author Topic: Stabilizers census  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Essemito2

Stabilizers census
« on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 18:43:43 »
Hi I'm new of the forum and I'm watching to choose a mechanical keyboard to change my logitech g19, I want to make a census with the help of the users of the stabilizers type witch all keyboard mount on and if they have backlit or no (I have found someone talking about costar stabilizer with backlit in the forum but I haven't found a confirm) I would make a post to regroup all the information for every one, can you help me?
P.S. Sorry for my english

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Stabilizers census
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 22:15:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you want to make a list of all mechanical keyboards available, you will be here all year.  There are hundreds of them, including all variations such as backlight colour, switch colour, keycap style, number of keys and so on.

The best idea is to try a few different keyboards at a local retailer to get the feel of the different switches.

If you don't have any friendly local retailers who will let you try keyboards, perhaps you are near where the switch tester does the rounds from time to time.

Failing that, you might just have to do a little research (basically Cherry MX, Topre or buckling spring, then backlit or not, then TK, TKL or smaller) and see what your options are after that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Essemito2

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 17:14:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you want to make a list of all mechanical keyboards available, you will be here all year.  There are hundreds of them, including all variations such as backlight colour, switch colour, keycap style, number of keys and so on.

The best idea is to try a few different keyboards at a local retailer to get the feel of the different switches.

If you don't have any friendly local retailers who will let you try keyboards, perhaps you are near where the switch tester does the rounds from time to time.

Failing that, you might just have to do a little research (basically Cherry MX, Topre or buckling spring, then backlit or not, then TK, TKL or smaller) and see what your options are after that.

I have reserched for the type with is I hope the most confortable for me and I have a preference for cherry mx brown, but my doubt is about the stabilizers, I want to make a list for the most popolar and only for the stabilizers to know witch are with costar stabilizers and If there is really costar stabilizers in backlit keyboard

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 18:12:25 »
There are:  Costar stabilizers that don't work with LEDs, Costar-alike stabilizers that do work with LEDs, and Costar stabilizers that work with LEDs (these only just recently came out).

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Essemito2

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 21:19:53 »
There are:  Costar stabilizers that don't work with LEDs, Costar-alike stabilizers that do work with LEDs, and Costar stabilizers that work with LEDs (these only just recently came out).

good news and is known witch are the keybords with costar stabilizers that work with leds?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 21:27:03 »
CM Storm has the only one I know of but I don't recall the model name.  Too many to remember.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 23:54:18 »
CM Storm has the only one I know of but I don't recall the model name.  Too many to remember.

Probably the newer CM Storm Trigger?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:02:26 »
Wasd v2 once its out I assume

Offline Essemito2

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 05:29:38 »

wasd 2 I know they release 1 full customizable without backlit and 1 with backlit but non full customizable (maybe for costar stabilizers?)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Stabilizers census
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 05:32:07 »

wasd 2 I know they release 1 full customizable without backlit and 1 with backlit but non full customizable (maybe for costar stabilizers?)
... Its made by costar so i would assume that they could be using their own stabilizers.