Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1408484 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3350 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 09:10:31 »
Show Image

Main view.
My place to feel at home, to relax and to do ALL the internet or just watch some anime.

Show Image

Soldering, repairs and arduinocoding happens here.

I will tell you this about this setup. Make damn sure I have shed both blood, tears, sweat and grunts for this. I think I may or may not have gotten a concussion from banging my head under the desk during setup too :)
Among things to know is that I used some 500+ zipties, and about a meter of velcro-tape.
Am I happy about it? Indeed.

Nice!

GitS 4 life.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3351 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 09:37:28 »
Show Image

Main view.
My place to feel at home, to relax and to do ALL the internet or just watch some anime.

Show Image

Soldering, repairs and arduinocoding happens here.

I will tell you this about this setup. Make damn sure I have shed both blood, tears, sweat and grunts for this. I think I may or may not have gotten a concussion from banging my head under the desk during setup too :)
Among things to know is that I used some 500+ zipties, and about a meter of velcro-tape.
Am I happy about it? Indeed.
quad monitor 2 swag
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3352 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 07:50:10 »
not as cool as most of you guys but my work set up

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3353 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 07:53:16 »

Show Image

Wow, cool setup buddy!  Nice and clean!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3354 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 08:25:01 »

Show Image

very neat!  :thumb:
is that audioengine a5+?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3355 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 08:37:52 »

Show Image

is that audioengine a5+?

it is yeah, i wont lie, the fact they came in white was a major deciding factor

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3356 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 08:49:26 »

Show Image

is that audioengine a5+?

it is yeah, i wont lie, the fact they came in white was a major deciding factor

I've been trying to find an excuse to move on from my 6yo Bose Comp 5 to an A5+
still couldn't come up with a good excuse

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #3357 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 09:18:03 »

Show Image

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #3358 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 09:35:25 »

Show Image

Are those mouse cord holders worth it? I've been thinking about getting one since I play CS:GO quite a lot.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #3359 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 15:02:51 »

Show Image

Are those mouse cord holders worth it? I've been thinking about getting one since I play CS:GO quite a lot.

if your cord keeps falling down the back of your desk, causing you to have to keep pulling on the mouse for more 'give' in the cord, absolutely.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3360 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 16:43:27 »

Show Image

that's certainly a pretty cool set up :thumb:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3361 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 04:12:49 »

Show Image

Very nice setup, sir :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3362 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 12:50:56 »

Show Image

Very clean sir  :thumb:
Love the drawers under the monitors to keep stuff that normally clutters the space up. 

My 10 ft. optical cable finally came in so that I could move my rig off of the desk and back into the shelving unit.  When I added the 3 ft. extension to my desk, none of my cables were long enough to reach over.  I had to order all of my cables 8 ft. or longer so that I could keep the routing nice and clean.

88794-0

To the left of my desk: Ikea expedit and some of my glass.  I used to be a glass blower and collected some other artists stuff from doing trades.  Most of the stuff on that shelf is from my old emplorer: Paul Counts Art Glass.
88796-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 January 2015, 12:54:05 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3363 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 16:36:06 »

Show Image

Love the drawers under the monitors to keep stuff that normally clutters the space up. 

My 10 ft. optical cable finally came in so that I could move my rig off of the desk and back into the shelving unit.  When I added the 3 ft. extension to my desk, none of my cables were long enough to reach over.  I had to order all of my cables 8 ft. or longer so that I could keep the routing nice and clean.

(Attachment Link)

To the left of my desk: Ikea expedit and some of my glass.  I used to be a glass blower and collected some other artists stuff from doing trades.  Most of the stuff on that shelf is from my old emplorer: Paul Counts Art Glass.
(Attachment Link)

Very nice.  I love L shaped desks.  Is that the real popular one from IKEA that they discontinued?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3364 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 16:40:36 »

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Great setup.

Love that Optimus up there. He even fits the color scheme.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3365 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 16:55:06 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Ha, love that framed and backlit mobo

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #3366 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 17:55:54 »
Just got those badass speakers today, so I decided to take a quick shot of my desk after set them on.
Please excuse the photo's quality, I used my crappy cellphone to take it. :p

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3367 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 17:59:22 »
Just got those badass speakers today, so I decided to take a quick shot of my desk after set them on.
Show Image

And what are those speakers, exactly?

Also, it kills me what a "crappy" cell phone camera is these days. Heh.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #3368 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:00:08 »
My favorite thread. Such *****en set ups.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #3369 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:11:54 »
And what are those speakers, exactly?

Also, it kills me what a "crappy" cell phone camera is these days. Heh.
They are Swan T200B, still need to burn in them, but out of the box they sound much cleaner than my old audioengine A5+.
The camera is the Sony Z3, the "crappy" s**t is what roommate calls other cellphones, only his iphone is the "good" one. LOL

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3370 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:17:26 »
I'll take your old crappy Audioengine speakers.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #3371 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:25:13 »
sorry bruh, I sold them already.  :-*
There is a GB happening on massdrop right now for the A5+, you may want to take a look on them. I got mine a year ago through massdrop.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3372 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 18:39:13 »
sorry bruh, I sold them already.  :-*
There is a GB happening on massdrop right now for the A5+, you may want to take a look on them. I got mine a year ago through massdrop.
Oh, I meant for free. You didn't have to go to the trouble of selling them.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3373 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 20:45:57 »

Show Image

More

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Great setup.

Love that Optimus up there. He even fits the color scheme.

Thanks.  Optimus Prime is one of my favorite Transformers.  I have nearly all of the original series in bins in my parents attic. 

More

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Ha, love that framed and backlit mobo

Thanks, I did a few of them over the years as mobos died.  That one was my favorite and still gets hung up.  The others I have gifted or sold. 

Show Image

More

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Very nice.  I love L shaped desks.  Is that the real popular one from IKEA that they discontinued?

No, this is the more basic one that you can still get.  The tops I picked up out of the 2nds area for a couple $$ each, and the legs are $2.50 each.  I made a metal bracket to attach the fronts of the tops together so that I didn't need more legs there.  I also have hooks along the bottom back of each to keep the wiring clean.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #3374 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 00:29:53 »
"Ultrawide on a stick" configuration.

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 00:42:37 by fog »
Ethan Schoonover / http://ethanschoonover.com
HHKB / Leopold FC660M + Clueboard PCB / Nullbits Tidbit / Various custom boards

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3375 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:09:13 »

Show Image

How do you like a standing desk? I feel like I would get tired standing.

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #3376 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:31:49 »

Your body will burn slightly more energy standing. We are pretty well designed for standing, however, and it's actually pretty easy once you acclimate. It took me a couple weeks to really get comfortable working at a standing desk. Still a good idea to move around/walk and not be in one place all day. I have a sitting desk nearby as well, but prefer standing at this point.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3377 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:35:19 »

Show Image

I get tired when I sit down, should I install my pc on my bed?

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #3378 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 06:11:35 »
Show Image

That's a really nice setup! I wish mine looked that clean.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..

Offline jaemzp

« Reply #3379 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 06:22:23 »
Show Image

That's a really nice setup! I wish mine looked that clean.
Show Image

Mate, that bitfenix shinobi makes your setup look minimal and more than nice and clean :)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3380 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 01:19:33 »

Show Image

I see a Go board  ;D

Nice!

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #3381 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 02:30:17 »

I see a Go board  ;D

Nice!

Thanks! That board is a favorite. Bought it in Tokyo from the woodworker that made it. He would go out and buy a huge portion of a felled tree every couple years and cut, plane, and assemble go boards and full legged goban from it.

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3382 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 12:39:23 »
Updated my desktop setup and flipped the two side monitors portrait.  I really really love this and just wanted to show it off. :p

Overall:

Closeup of monitors:

Same keyboard as before:

Cannot wait to get my ergodox and booper's deep space set for it!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3383 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 12:58:04 »
Updated my desktop setup and flipped the two side monitors portrait.  I really really love this and just wanted to show it off. :p

Overall:
Show Image

Closeup of monitors:
Show Image

Same keyboard as before:
Show Image

Cannot wait to get my ergodox and booper's deep space set for it!
Dig the setup, but man was that game bland. I have higher hopes for XV.

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3384 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 13:07:11 »
Dig the setup, but man was that game bland. I have higher hopes for XV.
Thanks!

Yeah I agree 13 was a bit slow... I still enjoyed it though.  The visuals were fantastic IMO.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3385 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 13:44:25 »

I see a Go board  ;D

Nice!

Thanks! That board is a favorite. Bought it in Tokyo from the woodworker that made it. He would go out and buy a huge portion of a felled tree every couple years and cut, plane, and assemble go boards and full legged goban from it.
Woah... That's amazing.
Man I really love special woodwork. I imagine the stones are quite premium as well.
When I visit Japan I should buy a Chinese Chess board :)

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3386 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 20:33:28 »

a fair bit different from last time I posted a pic

main differences is that the shelves were moved to where I had the end table I was sitting my purse on in the last pic, that cheap-ish midi keyboard which is only being used for midi control is now in the room, and I ate the burgers
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 January 2015, 22:21:04 by danwomansan »
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3387 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 22:12:27 »
Show Image

main differences is that the shelves were moved to where I had the end table I was sitting my purse on in the last pic, that cheap-ish midi keyboard which is only being used for midi control is now in the room, and I ate the burgers

pics not working bruh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3388 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 22:20:52 »
Show Image

pics not working bruh

thanks I fixed it
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #3389 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 22:23:57 »
Updated setup pic.  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3390 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 22:49:51 »
i am a fan of your wrist rest, drhubblephd.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3391 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 23:10:48 »
89047-0

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3392 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 23:59:16 »
You all got nice setups :cool:

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
« Reply #3393 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 05:46:54 »
i am a fan of your wrist rest, drhubblephd.
It's available on Massdrop right now. I might buy one.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/hardwood-wrist-rests?mode=guest_open

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #3394 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 08:47:03 »
Pretty meh. Really want a Realforce or another tenkeyless of some sort. Got a Filco but gone off blue switches massively. :(

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3395 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 10:03:53 »
Pretty meh. Really want a Realforce or another tenkeyless of some sort. Got a Filco but gone off blue switches massively. :(

Show Image

great, now i need to go out and buy a ****ing bonzai tree

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #3396 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 10:05:25 »
They're the absolute best! Other half got it me for my birthday and it's awesome. This one is a Chinese Elm which is 9 years old.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3397 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 10:14:53 »
Updated setup pic.  :thumb:

Show Image

I like that corner desk, I'm trying to plan out my home office which is 'coming soon', I think something like that would fit nicely.

They're the absolute best! Other half got it me for my birthday and it's awesome. This one is a Chinese Elm which is 9 years old.

That is awesome.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3398 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:07:42 »

great, now i need to go out and buy a ****ing bonzai tree

LOL, the wallethack doesn't stop at techie gadgets, it seems.  :))

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3399 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:46:30 »

...slight chance i've been a little bored today :D
one 40% and seven 60%'s