geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

The Vape Thread!

<< < (265/266) > >>

GunnerBlanchard:
It's a fascinating study!

CaesarAZealad:
My older brother tried to quit but I found another vape in his room. I'm genuinely worried about him seeing as his lung collapsed a couple years back (unrelated to vaping [I hope]) anyone got any recommendations for helping him quit? I know that the biggest part of kicking an addiction is staying clean, and I don't see him often enough to keep him off it, but any advice would help.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: CaesarAZealad on Tue, 25 April 2023, 23:43:37 ---My older brother tried to quit but I found another vape in his room. I'm genuinely worried about him seeing as his lung collapsed a couple years back (unrelated to vaping [I hope]) anyone got any recommendations for helping him quit? I know that the biggest part of kicking an addiction is staying clean, and I don't see him often enough to keep him off it, but any advice would help.

--- End quote ---

I'm not two well verse in how to get people to stop, but I feel that slowly lowering the nicotine content of vapes could help reduce the nicotine dependency he may have, it is a slow way of doing (there really is no way to quit something quickly like that) but that might work for him

If that works than one thing that I heard can help stick with quitting, is getting no nicotine vapes or herbal cigarettes once someone has lowered their dependency on nicotine, I've heard that sometime people get the urge to put a vape/cigarette in their mouth as a habit, so these ones won't give nicotine and may lead the person to realize that no dopamine hit happens and lose the habit.

Again I'm not too well versed in this (and it's probably not very well written) but I hope this may help. Hope your brother is doing ok

CaesarAZealad:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Mon, 08 May 2023, 18:33:53 ---
--- Quote from: CaesarAZealad on Tue, 25 April 2023, 23:43:37 ---My older brother tried to quit but I found another vape in his room. I'm genuinely worried about him seeing as his lung collapsed a couple years back (unrelated to vaping [I hope]) anyone got any recommendations for helping him quit? I know that the biggest part of kicking an addiction is staying clean, and I don't see him often enough to keep him off it, but any advice would help.

--- End quote ---

I'm not two well verse in how to get people to stop, but I feel that slowly lowering the nicotine content of vapes could help reduce the nicotine dependency he may have, it is a slow way of doing (there really is no way to quit something quickly like that) but that might work for him

If that works than one thing that I heard can help stick with quitting, is getting no nicotine vapes or herbal cigarettes once someone has lowered their dependency on nicotine, I've heard that sometime people get the urge to put a vape/cigarette in their mouth as a habit, so these ones won't give nicotine and may lead the person to realize that no dopamine hit happens and lose the habit.

Again I'm not too well versed in this (and it's probably not very well written) but I hope this may help. Hope your brother is doing ok

--- End quote ---
I appreciate the input! He's tried to go cold turkey straight to the herbal ones but ended up back to normal nicotine vapes. I'll try suggesting cutting the nicotine levels, that may work better.

fohat.digs:
With regard to nicotine, I thought that patches were generally considered the best route.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version