geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Goldtouch Ergo.

<< < (3/4) > >>

lam47:

--- Quote from: alexlzl;15017 ---After trying Realforce 86UK for couple of days, my RSI pain starts killing me again. Guess my wrist can't stand the flat layout anymore. I just switched back to Goldtouch split layout. Come back to think about it, its membrane key switch feels not bad at all.
--- End quote ---

I look forward to trying it out :)
If you dont think you will be able to use the realforce would you consider selling or trading it?

fkeidjn:

--- Quote from: alexlzl;14818 ---Thanks for the tip. Wow! that is a weird layout. The spacebar is way too small, and they re-arranged so many keys (like {, }, backspace).!
--- End quote ---

I think one can get used to the weird layout.  I don't know who presses the spacebar with their left thumb though.

Perhaps this keyboard is more awkward looking at first sight.

Chloe:

--- Quote from: fkeidjn;15057 ---I don't know who presses the spacebar with their left thumb though.
--- End quote ---

I do. :)

--- Quote ---Perhaps this keyboard is more awkward looking at first sight.
--- End quote ---

That looks uncomfortable. I don't think I'd ever use the keys placed in between the two vertical parts, it seems like a design afterthought to put them there.

In the Cornell study they were using a vertical wrist rest which doesn't appear to have been added to the production model:
http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/pub/hfpresentations/vkhfes99.pdf

alexlzl:

--- Quote from: lam47;15054 ---I look forward to trying it out :)
If you dont think you will be able to use the realforce would you consider selling or trading it?
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that Realforce 86UK (Korean black version with red ESC key) will probably show up in ebay soon. I am constantly looking for a Cherry ErgoPlus in the meantime. Right now just let my wife enjoy it for a while, she really loves it however can't stand the price tag. :)

FKSSR:
Totally sweet steampunk mod of an IBM M15!  I'm not really into steampunk (the look is cool but it's too much trouble and too much money to commit to such radical fashion ideas just based off looks), but these keyboards are pretty awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version